You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thurs Night Live Show with Fowler and Tikay 7pm CH861 ***official show thread****20K Bounty Hunter t

Comments

• edited October 2013
    the most - TommyD
    but Tikay not far behind

have a "concrete" show - Anna & Teeks - a great pairing
  • edited October 2013
    ps it is "stay" tus - not "star" tus anna
  • edited October 2013
    Hello all.

I think the main will max at 1000 runners.  Well, you've got to be a bit optimistic!

I learnt the ropes by playing penny anti 5 card draw at college back in the early 90's.  A game so totally different to NLH it's like comparing concrete to the final episode of breaking bad.  Totally impossible!

Did Teacakes realise that his tie is the same colour as his hair when he put it on?

Run well everyone
  • edited October 2013
    Got into the SS BH thru an all in sat, whoop whoop!

PS Played 21 of them!
  • edited October 2013
    I reckon it's gonna get 1041 runners for a PP of just over 31k, you heard it here first!

Who taught me poker? Well for years, literally everything I knew about the game (very little) I picked up from watching Late Night Poker on channel 4. Once I joined Sky, a few people in the clinic helped but I became a much better player after getting an absolute ton of help from Dohhhhhhh.

I'm in tonight, had to BI direct after failing in 4 super sats... one of which involved losing a flip as the slight favourite (with the PP) on the stone bubble. Pretty sigh but I was last and no1 else was short enough for me to be able to hang on so had to flip. Hope I flip better in the ME :) Will send in some HHs if anything interesting happens.

Paul
  • edited October 2013
    Anna and Tikay are comedy gold.

The lovely and quirky Anna doing her bit for care in the community by looking after Teacakes. I quote 'that's enough for a holiday in one pot!' 'where's One Pot replies TK' Who writes this stuff? Brilliant.

I know it's going to be a good evening irrespective of the tourney outcomes!

Have a good evening all.

p.s. Self taught originally but then picked up a lot from 861 - informative and entertaining. 
  • edited October 2013
    Good evening M/S Fowler(Professional name),I know you got married,and Mr Kendall!

You will have at least +1 more than you normally average,as I am buying straight in tonight(usually satellite in).
    I won the Mini Rebuy Mtt yesterday!

Good luck with this evening's show,always enjoy listening to both of you!

My first experience and learning the game of Poker was when I joined the South Wales Poker league, was told to buy Super System 1 and Super System 2 by Doyle Brunson.

Then a year later joined Sky poker and I believe the First month I played I won a Monday evening Bounty Hunter and picked up £1600, became hooked and been playing on Sky ever since!
    Need I say more.
    Sky has a wonderful community and it is fun! 
  • edited October 2013
    Here's a hand to get you started, just to show I'm here to win tonight ;)

But seriously I just think there is literally not a single value hand you would ever do a tiny raise with on a 666 flop. Probably didn't need to turn my hand into a bluff on the river tho.

Hand History #698319022 (20:09 10/10/2013)

• edited October 2013
    greetings sir tea of cakes and lady anna.
    anna you look like the lady medieval knights would duel over...tikay well more like a motheaten old jester sitting in the background lambasting all and sundry!!!!!!!

I learned poker by watching late night poker then came across skypoker tv and learned more. still useless though!!!

have a great night

laurie/lozgo
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show with Fowler and Tikay 7pm CH861 ***official show thread****20K Bounty Hunter time...:
    I reckon it's gonna get 1041 runners for a PP of just over 31k, you heard it here first! Who taught me poker? Well for years, literally everything I knew about the game (very little) I picked up from watching Late Night Poker on channel 4. Once I joined Sky, a few people in the clinic helped but I became a much better player after getting an absolute ton of help from Dohhhhhhh. I'm in tonight, had to BI direct after failing in 4 super sats... one of which involved losing a flip as the slight favourite (with the PP) on the stone bubble. Pretty sigh but I was last and no1 else was short enough for me to be able to hang on so had to flip. Hope I flip better in the ME :) Will send in some HHs if anything interesting happens. Paul
    Posted by Lambert180
    its capped at 1000 so unlikely :)
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show with Fowler and Tikay 7pm CH861 ***official show thread****20K Bounty Hunter time...:
    Hello all. I think the main will max at 1000 runners.  Well, you've got to be a bit optimistic! I learnt the ropes by playing penny anti 5 card draw at college back in the early 90's.  A game so totally different to NLH it's like comparing concrete to the final episode of breaking bad.  Totally impossible! Did Teacakes realise that his tie is the same colour as his hair when he put it on? Run well everyone
    Posted by cenachav

Is that a wig Mr Kendall ?
  • edited October 2013
    was dowwn to 130 chips in main after 3 hands  back up to 3k so my thoughts are never give up easy!!!
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Folks,

Currently enjoying my secong big tournament. I sattelited in to this and the 10K a couple of weeks ago in which I finished second. Still a learner at this but enjoying the experiences so far.

Great show by the way.

DS Iron
  • edited October 2013
  • edited October 2013
    If you want a hand to show I just had quad aces, last hand before the break.
  • edited October 2013
    hi anna and tikay. I sign up last week and deposit no money and up £37.00. i'm trying 2 hit £1000???..
  • edited October 2013
    Its good that sky are helping the cash, tournie and S&G players but what about us freeroll players!  We get ignored totally again!  Sort it out sky!

See teacakes.  There IS something to rant about in this promotion ;).  My tounge may be slightly in my cheek here incase anyone thinks it is serious :)

Have fun all
  • edited October 2013
    £24k is my guess. My guess for Turbo tuesday an hour before it started was 900+ and it got 926. Reckon about 800 tonight.
    Posted by gazza127

Eh?? Eh??  Right?

806 runners.

£24,180.

Give the man a prize!

I think im psychic.
  • edited October 2013
    Evening both, enjoying the show as always and enthralling stuff about public transport Tikay!

A question for Tikay, a couple of times tonight you've said the game is changing, please can you elaborate a little.  I here it a lot in poker circles and although I understand what you mean I don't necessarily agree.  The game hasn't and will not change, fundamentally it will always remain the same game, the maths will always remain the same.  What has changed is the way the game is played.

I know this is a massive topic in itself, but if you could try to explain how you feel it has changed I'd be really interested to hear it.
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Tikay, same Rubbish as next door. All the best Bud.
  • edited October 2013
    This is probably the kiss of death but I'll do it anyway....

I have flipped alot better in the ME and got 16k at the moment,  16th out of 177

EDIT: Make that 7th in chips :p
  • edited October 2013
    hi anna & tk

Are there any plans to add any other poker games to the site eg 5/7 card stud ?

Thanks

martin
  • edited October 2013
    Evening guys great show this evening. loving this month, especially double points for cash for 1st and 4th week

Quick question, Where is top of the pots???

Thanks, Stu
  • edited October 2013
    Horrible runout in the main here, still good to value bet the turn though? On the river I'd have no choice but to check/fold if he bets

Hand History #698387938 (22:02 10/10/2013)

• edited October 2013

Masterdean, loving the show guys,nice to see you analyse my hand with the A-8, Well, my name is dean, but cant say on t.v what the master bit is for lol, come back to this site as, as another person you spoke abut, the other sites are going downhill, keep up the good show

• edited October 2013
    Hi Tikay, tx for the mention - you obviously know which site i'm on about - shame:(

Can you show this hand for a tiny bit of glory - the highlight of an otherwise depressing night!

ta
  • edited October 2013
    Explanation of my hand.

When 3 way in cash its best to be aggressive, especially out of position ergo the 3 bet pre.

When i hit the flop hard and he raises... either he has the draw or he is bluffing.

So I go into check/call mode to catch all of his bluffs rather than setting him in on the turn or the river where I only get looked up by better hands.

Good show.  Keep it up :)
  • edited October 2013
    Hand request plz

• edited October 2013

10:38 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 806 665 284 35  
    left 43 71 2    

IRONZ 8 11      
    ipoker69 34 64      

• edited October 2013
    Hand request plz 698400909
    Posted by Donttelmum
    You already showed it guys.

Great minds your producers!