You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The £500,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Congrats everyone.  See you there :)
  • edited November 2013
    Cant believe i got into that..For £0.00!! started in the  freeroll won that, got entry to the £52 semi, qualified through that, then qualified in the the final tonight...Shows people who have no bankroll, can even get into £1100 big tournaments....I even wanted to finish 2nd in the freeroll for the £11 lol...But ive got my chance now to win a 6 figure amount, from 0! great stuff
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Special Announcement - The £500,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships:
    Cant believe i got into that..For £0.00!! started in the  freeroll won that, got entry to the £52 semi, qualified through that, then qualified in the the final tonight...Shows people who have no bankroll, can even get into £1100 big tournaments....I even wanted to finish 2nd in the freeroll for the £11 lol...But ive got my chance now to win a 6 figure amount, from 0! great stuff
    Posted by moonooo
    meh, I suppose that's a decent ROI  ;)

Many congrats man, that is one epic spin, best of luck at DTD.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Special Announcement - The £500,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships:
    In Response to Re: Special Announcement - The £500,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships : meh, I suppose that's a decent ROI  ;) Many congrats man, that is one epic spin, best of luck at DTD.
    Posted by TommyD
    Thanks..And you have a great rail of support lol good luck 2, see you at the final table lol we can dream
  • edited November 2013
    Posted by moonooo
    Lovely story, absolutely, lovely, very well done!

I watched the late stages, & you seemed to have it all nicely sussed, & were playing nice snug Super-Sat style poker.

Delighted for you - see you in Nottingham!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Special Announcement - The £500,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships : Congrats all. VUL to divsdreams in 10th. Hope you get your seat soon though.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yes, great effort by DD, & just ran bad at the wrong time.

The exit - on the Bubble - was pure nasty. 10 Bigs, I8PALACE to his right, raising raising raising (correctly, with his giant stack) jams into DD, & DD snaps with 6-6, just as he should, but PALACE had the Tens, & flopped another for good measure.

Brutal game sometimes, but DD held his own in top class company, & that should encourage him no end.
  • edited November 2013
    Congrats everyone.  See you there :)
    Posted by TommyD
    Inevitably!

Interesting, & unusual, performance by you last night Tommy. You semed to be hanging tough all night, just about surviving, always at the rear of the field, but you just hung & hung. With 14 left, & rock bottom, you got that 2xUP, & from there they were never going to stop you. More tenacity & perseverance than 'Spurs, you. 

See you in Nottingham.

• edited November 2013

Good to see SNEDDY get his seat, too, he was well-placed all evening, & just did his thing. He is not a young man, but he gets the job done.
  • edited November 2013

So, after just 5 days (Satellites began on Wednesday IIRC) ELEVEN players have bagged a seat to the event which is still over 3 months away.

Congrats to every one of them. 

0mc30000
    72off5uit30000
    gez_bear30000
    IH8PALACE30000
    Loopy5030000
    moonooo30000
    sammy55030000
    shoegoal30000
    SUPERSNEDD30000
    tanj30000
    TommyD30000
  • edited November 2013
    Quick question Tikay, I note that if u qualify via a Sky satellite u are automatically entered into Day 1A. Is that set in stone, or can u change it to Day 1B??
  • edited November 2013
    Quick question Tikay, I note that if u qualify via a Sky satellite u are automatically entered into Day 1A. Is that set in stone, or can u change it to another day 1??
    Posted by joesman1
    Morning Joe.

I was not aware of that, sorry, so I need to find out, & get back to you.

The Landing Page states....

"....Players who qualify for the Sky Poker UK Poker Championship will be contacted after to confirm which Day 1 they would like to play....."

Where did you find out that players automatically go into Day 1A? 

We have been in discussion with DTD in the last few days about this, too, trying to clarify how we best deal with this. As I noted a few days ago in this thread, it would be horrible if Day 1A was half empty, & players had to be turned away due to lack of seats on Day 1B, so it's likely that there will have to be some effort to direct players towards 1A.

Leave it with us please, & we'll get back to you.

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Special Announcement - The £500,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships : Morning Joe. I was not aware of that, sorry, so I need to find out, & get back to you. The Landing Page states.... "....Players who qualify for the Sky Poker UK Poker Championship will be contacted after to confirm which Day 1 they would like to play....." Where did you find out that players automatically go into Day 1A?  We have been in discussion with DTD in the last few days about this, too, trying to clarify how we best deal with this. As I noted a few days ago in this thread, it would be horrible if Day 1A was half empty, & players had to be turned away due to lack of seats on Day 1B, so it's likely that there will have to be some effort to direct players towards 1A. Leave it with us please, & we'll get back to you.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Just through the tournament lobby. Thanks
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Special Announcement - The £500,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships : Just through the tournament lobby. Thanks
    Posted by joesman1
    Whereabouts in the Tourney Lobby please, Joe? My eyes must be failing me, I still can't see where it says that, sorry.
  • edited November 2013

The weekly qualifying period starts again today, & the Satellites for today are now in the Lobby-Jobby.

As last week, there will be a Semi-Final (£52) every night, 1 in 5 progress to Sunday's Final. There will also be the Rebuy Super Sat on Thursday night, with a Direct Seat GUARANTEED.

On Sunday, the Final (£240) will have FIVE seats Guaranteed again.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Special Announcement - The £500,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships : Whereabouts in the Tourney Lobby please, Joe? My eyes must be failing me, I still can't see where it says that, sorry.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Errrr.... Skypoker.com - tournaments - bottom highlighted tournament (6th one down) 

£500,000 UKPCHold'emNL£11001119 Feb 14:00
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Special Announcement - The £500,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships : Inevitably! Interesting, & unusual, performance by you last night Tommy. You semed to be hanging tough all night, just about surviving, always at the rear of the field, but you just hung & hung. With 14 left, & rock bottom, you got that 2xUP, & from there they were never going to stop you. More tenacity & perseverance than 'Spurs, you.  See you in Nottingham.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    The Sat just panned out that way really, I wasn't being allowed to build a stack early so with 20 or so left I had to go with Plan B.  Grit teeth, don't give it away and fold nearly everything (you would have been proud of some of the hands I put in the bin).  My luckbox was fully functional and it worked out.  Just my usual dumb luck really.

Oh and I would argue the point about Spurs, but sadly I have been watching the recent games and have no evidence to back up my case.  Sigh.....
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Special Announcement - The £500,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships : Errrr.... Skypoker.com - tournaments - bottom highlighted tournament (6th one down)  £500,000 UKPC Hold'em NL £1100 11 19 Feb 14:00
    Posted by joesman1[/
    QUOTE]

I suspect that simply indicates the date the Sky Poker UK Poker Championship starts - it is essential for that info to be in the Lobby.

As I stated previously, the problem of how to reasonably & sensibly allocate players between 1a & 1b is still being grappled with, as it is quite tricky, & Sky Poker want to be as fair as posible, without jeopardising the Event itself by having a short field on 1A & people turned away on 1b. I imagine a decision will be made very soon.

Hope to see you in Nottingham, on Day 4....
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Special Announcement - The £500,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships : The Sat just panned out that way really, I wasn't being allowed to build a stack early so with 20 or so left I had to go with Plan B.  Grit teeth, don't give it away and fold nearly everything (you would have been proud of some of the hands I put in the bin).  My luckbox was fully functional and it worked out.  Just my usual dumb luck really. Oh and I would argue the point about Spurs, but sadly I have been watching the recent games and have no evidence to back up my case.  Sigh.....
    Posted by TommyD
    Top work, a good tactician always has a Plan B. I'm on Plan Z at the mo, ready to go round again.

I did, though, think it interesting that you had to adapt, but still found the tenacity to persevere, & hang in. You reminded me of Newcastle, at the weekend, proper backs to the wall stuff. 
  • edited November 2013
    Wiiii

Won my seat to the £52 Semi through a direct :)

Fingers crossed!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: The £500,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships:
    Wiiii Won my seat to the £52 Semi through a direct :) Fingers crossed!
    Posted by Lambert180

+1 wiiii - won the next one

• edited November 2013
    More Wiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Can I make it to the UKPC ME for a fiver....

bedbug 20864.50 1 Entry to £500K UKPC Final
    Lambert180 17834.50 2 Entry to £500K UKPC Final
    jakally 16522.50 3 Entry to £500K UKPC Final
    daiw 16229.50 4 Entry to £500K UKPC Final
    Jonesy1066 15832.50 5 Entry to £500K UKPC Final
    Nutter5932 8716.50 6 Entry to £500K UKPC Final
    RossMc 0 7 £96
  • edited November 2013

As you can see, after Day One of this week's set of Satellite Qualifiers, we already have SIX players into Sunday's Final. This is way ahead of target, & great news.

Satellites continue daily, with the Super Sat on Thursday Guaranteeing one x £1,100 seat, & Sunday's Final guaranteeing FIVE x £1,100 seats.

The 6 players already into Sunday's Final are.......

jakally4000
    daiw4000
    bedbug4000
    Nutter59324000
    Lambert1804000
    Jonesy10664000
  • edited November 2013

Already with seats guaranteed to Nottingham in February are....

0mc30000
    72off5uit30000
    gez_bear30000
    IH8PALACE30000
    Loopy5030000
    moonooo30000
    sammy55030000
    shoegoal30000
    SUPERSNEDD30000
    tanj30000
    TommyD30000
  • edited November 2013

I've been a little remiss with Updates this week, apologies. Too busy chuntering.....

So, first up, huge congrats to none other than hitman_rv, who played the Super-Sat last night, & won the thing outright, bagging himself a direct seat into the Sky Poker UK Poker Championship in February - well done Dave! He'll not lack for an enthusiastic rail, thats for sure.

Once again, this Super-Sat proved very popular, with no less than 44 runners.

Dave won his seat outright, but 5 other Finalists all qualified for Sunday's 9.15pm Final, which has 5 GUARANTEED £1,100 seats up for grabs, & they were....

lucabrazie

Bear_Proof

guccipiggy

IrishRose

Nutter5932

Good luck to them all on Sunday evening, & well done Dave.

• edited November 2013

...meanwhile, Sunday evening's Final (9.15pm, £240, but Feeders galore) already has TWENTY ONE runners. Last Sunday it made 45 runners, & so NINE x £1,100 seats to Nottingham.

Qualified for Sunday's Final so far are.....

babybell4000
    bedbug4000
    cazzie584000
    daiw4000
    Dave4884000
    flard4000
    guccipiggy4000
    HANSON4000
    HAYSIE4000
    hazey644000
    Herbie5364000
    IrishRose4000
    jakally4000
    Jonesy10664000
    Lambert1804000
    lucabrazie4000
    mogsy19574000
    Nutter59324000
    OCD_man4000
    RossMc4000
    SHOGUNS4000
  • edited November 2013

Tomorrow's Weekly Final already has 24 runners, & has five guaranteed x £1,100 Seats on offer.

anisman14000
    babybell4000
    bedbug4000
    cazzie584000
    daiw4000
    Dave4884000
    flard4000
    guccipiggy4000
    HANSON4000
    HAYSIE4000
    hazey644000
    Herbie5364000
    IrishRose4000
    jakally4000
    johnscon124000
    Jonesy10664000
    Lambert1804000
    lucabrazie4000
    mogsy19574000
    Nutter59324000
    OCD_man4000
    RossMc4000
    SHOGUNS4000
    SpearChuka4000
  • edited November 2013

There are feeders & Satellites by the ton today & tomorrow to get in that Weekly Final, & much of it will be covered on 861, with the final outcome, assuming it ends after Midnight, at the top of Tuesday's Show.

Last week's Sunday Final ended at 3 minutes after Midnight, so it may get completed in time to show the crucial £1,100 Seat bubble. Ooh, that's gonna hurt.....

• edited November 2013
    secured my seat to the final last night look forward to playing tomorrow night fingers crossed I run good !!!! got in through £5 sat
  • edited November 2013
    Excuse my stupidity - but I'm not used to poker tourneys yet!!

What does "The £1000+£100 event will include two Day 1 flights on Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th February" mean?  I have no idea what a Day 1 flight is.....

Told you it was prob a stupid question!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: The £500,000 Sky Poker UK Poker Championships:
    Excuse my stupidity - but I'm not used to poker tourneys yet!! What does " T he £1000+£100 event will include two Day 1 flights on Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th February " mean?  I have no idea what a Day 1 flight is..... Told you it was prob a stupid question!
    Posted by IrishRose
    Hi Rose,

Not a stupid question at all.

It's a bit like separate "sittings" for school dinners.

There is not enough room to accommodate all the players in a single day, or "sitting" (at least, we hope there is not....).

So the players begin the Tourney by playing EITHER Day 1a, or Day 1b. (They cannot play both). These are commonly known as "flights".

Those who survive their own Day 1a or 1b then merge into a single "flight" on Day Two.