You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi Everybody,

Today we have added a 50 Poker Points fee to the £500 Free Cash freeroll at 7pm. This change has been made effective tonight and shall continue in future £500 Free Cash Freerolls.

Good luck on the tables.

Cheers,

Sky Peter.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Look out behind you! 2000 angry freerollers with sticks shouting LET US IN FOR NO POINTS! LET US IN FOR NO POINTS!..But this is a good change, gives people who actually put money into the site a better chance at getting that free cash, without 2000 runners thinking any ace is the total mutts nutts
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm:
    Hi Everybody, Today we have added a 50 Poker Points fee  to the £500 Free Cash freeroll at 7pm

the complaints will be flowing in a bit.... registration opens soon..

R.I.P SKYS ONLY PROPER FREEROLL    
  • edited November 2013
    50 points is quite a lot to gather for those who will be attracted by freerolls. I think it will therefore mainly attract new players from their 500 free points. I play about 8 DYMs a day and will only gather enough points to play about 3 or 4 times a month, even if I don't use any points to enter other "freerolls". Those who earn a thousand or more points a month won't (in the whole) be regularly attracted to freerolls anyway.

I predict the numbers to dwindle quickly and this tourney to be abandoned before Christmas.
  • edited November 2013

And so it begins....

• edited November 2013
    lol ahh that's ashame, inflation ay
  • edited November 2013
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm:
    In Response to £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm : the complaints will be flowing in a bit.... registration opens soon.. R.I.P SKYS ONLY PROPER FREEROLL    
    Posted by churchy18
    +1
  • edited November 2013
    50 points is a bit much for one of these types of freerolls, 5 points would be more suitable imo.
  • edited November 2013
    better change the name, free =without charge, for nothing
    freeroll tournement without charge
    which ever way you slice it points are paid for
  • edited November 2013
    oh well was good while they lasted a little unfair as i dont make 50 points sometimes in a month let alone a day you might aswell just call the tourny the regulars freeroll
  • edited November 2013
    Wow 50 points for a freeroll. Well thats 27p on my account I can never use or deposit. Not exactly a freeroll is it. It wasnt too bad when it was 1 point. But 50. Thats just pointless. 

For us to get 50 points I means we must deposit money to the site to win points. Well if I have to add money to the site just to get points so I can get into a freeroll that may give me cast isnt going to happen. Your gunna have  lot of angry fans and alot of people not bothering to be on here now. 

Bit extreme really isnt it.
  • edited November 2013
    Wow 50 points for a freeroll. Well thats 27p on my account I can never use or deposit. Not exactly a freeroll is it. It wasnt too bad when it was 1 point. But 50. Thats just pointless.  For us to get 50 points I means we must deposit money to the site to win points. Well if I have to add money to the site just to get points so I can get into a freeroll that may give me cast isnt going to happen. Your gunna have  lot of angry fans and alot of people not bothering to be on here now.  Bit extreme really isnt it.
    Posted by Scarter13
    Of course Sky want all of their customers to deposit and play with real money.

To think otherwise is a bit naive.  They arent giving charity.  They are a business.
  • edited November 2013
    Wow 50 points for a freeroll. Well thats 27p on my account I can never use or deposit. Not exactly a freeroll is it. It wasnt too bad when it was 1 point. But 50. Thats just pointless.  For us to get 50 points I means we must deposit money to the site to win points. Well if I have to add money to the site just to get points so I can get into a freeroll that may give me cast isnt going to happen. Your gunna have  lot of angry fans and alot of people not bothering to be on here now.  Bit extreme really isnt it.
    Posted by Scarter13
    I agree.

Not being given free money is very harsh.
  • edited November 2013
    I wonder how much they will miss people who arent willing to spend any money kn the site....
  • edited November 2013
    Yeah I know that. But with christmas right around the corner. People may not have the cash to do so.

Why couldnt they just make a higher freeroll for the higher up players as they would more than likely have those points just lylating around.

Plus if they kept it 0 points then those who make the money end up putting it back into sky pokers pockets anyway.

Also with all the fees tjey have on all the tournements, sit and gos surely they make there money that way. As you never find a tourney or sit and go where everyone lasts so thats all those fees that users have already paid for and then lost there game so they make there money that way.
  • edited November 2013
    27p in your account you can never use?! Oh the injustice.

Sky, I've said this before. Scrap all the freerolls for the rest of the year, and give that money to charity, perhaps the disaster fund for whats happening over in south east Asia.

Sick of ungrateful people throwing their toys out the pram over a freeroll tournament. Far, far worse things going on in this world than 50 bloody poker points.

Get a grip.
  • edited November 2013
    Posted by Scarter13
    Actually, it's far from pointless ;) it's 50 points.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm : Actually, it's far from pointless ;) it's 50 points.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    arrsehole
  • edited November 2013
    Why has the buy in gone up but the prize pool stayed the same?
  • edited November 2013
    27p in your account you can never use?! Oh the injustice. Sky, I've said this before. Scrap all the freerolls for the rest of the year, and give that money to charity, perhaps the disaster fund for whats happening over in south east Asia. Sick of ungrateful people throwing their toys out the pram over a freeroll tournament. Far, far worse things going on in this world than 50 bloody poker points. Get a grip.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    There's ALWAYS worse things in the world going on. You might as well say stop all gambling and give it to charity etc. To link in world troubles with a freeroll is lunacy!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm : There's ALWAYS worse things in the world going on. You might as well say stop all gambling and give it to charity etc. To link in world troubles with a freeroll is lunacy!
    Posted by Lee982
    I made the link as Sky should donate all freeroll monies to charity for the rest of the year. Hopefully that might stop Mr and Mrs Chunter from clogging up the forum with their inane drivel.

Result? A worthwhile charity receives some bonus funds, and the moaning minnies have nothing to moan about as freerolls will cease to exist for the rest of 2013. (obvs they shouldn't moan about a lack of F/R's as the money would be in the pockets of charity).

Perhaps then, when freerolls return in 2014, Mr and Mrs Chunter realise how lucky they are to have the chance to win some free money.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm : I made the link as Sky should donate all freeroll monies to charity for the rest of the year. Hopefully that might stop Mr and Mrs Chunter from clogging up the forum with their inane drivel. Result? A worthwhile charity receives some bonus funds, and the moaning minnies have nothing to moan about as freerolls will cease to exist for the rest of 2013. (obvs they shouldn't moan about a lack of F/R's as the money would be in the pockets of charity). Perhaps then, when freerolls return in 2014, Mr and Mrs Chunter realise how lucky they are to have the chance to win some free money.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Good point, well made.
  • edited November 2013
    buy in gone up so u get less players dohhh which is better imo 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm : I made the link as Sky should donate all freeroll monies to charity for the rest of the year. Hopefully that might stop Mr and Mrs Chunter from clogging up the forum with their inane drivel. Result? A worthwhile charity receives some bonus funds, and the moaning minnies have nothing to moan about as freerolls will cease to exist for the rest of 2013. (obvs they shouldn't moan about a lack of F/R's as the money would be in the pockets of charity). Perhaps then, when freerolls return in 2014, Mr and Mrs Chunter realise how lucky they are to have the chance to win some free money.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    So would you include Priority freerolls in this ban as well?
  • edited November 2013
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Is that Chunter spelled "hhyftrftdr"? clogging up the forum?

I have no problem with 50 pts for a free roll
    but for those players who have less points in their account why not have a cash equivalent available to top up their buy in?
    Then everyone's happy.
    Obviously the top up points wouldn't qualify for the rewards promotion

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm : So would you include Priority freerolls in this ban as well?
    Posted by FCHD

+1
  • edited November 2013
    I don't think there's much that makes hhyftrftdr happy. Or perhaps he/she doesn't like to see other people happy
  • edited November 2013
    I don't think there's much that makes hhyftrftdr happy. Or perhaps he/she doesn't like to see other people happy
    Posted by FCHD
    Christmas is also cancelled, all money you were going to spend on food, drink and presents must go to chairty so you realise how lucky you are ;)
  • edited November 2013
    Priority freerolls don't tend to cause so much hysteria on the forum.

I don't mind your idea DMD but then if you need to top up the 'buy in' with cash then it doesn't really count as a freeroll.

Plenty makes me happy FCHD. People kicking up a stink because Sky have the audacity to change the criteria for their tournament, held on their site, which gives away money from their coffers, grates me. 

Suppose some people are just ungrateful.
  • edited November 2013
    I think this is good - but 25 points would be fairer.