You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm

Comments

• edited November 2013
    If you enter a freeroll it does not deduct from your monthly total as shown on the rewards slide bar. 

Ig you earn 500points in a month, 500 points are added to your account total too, even after rewards payment is made.

It is this account total that yoy spend on freerolls
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm:
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm : i only make about 1000 points a month on average and i use these as i go playing the points rolls not once have my points been taken by sky for my c4ps payment at present i have earned £5,60 so far this month and i only have 54 points left .and i get my cash reward every month.i don,t know if it is different for higher levels.if iam wrong sorry but iam only going by how it works with me
    Posted by churchy18
    So why do sky say in t'c & c's that points are deducted if this is not the case?And always take mine?
  • edited November 2013
     Points eared this month is only that does not guarantee payment.
    Posted by belsibub

yes it does the bar at the side tells you how much you have earned so far this month,and is only reset at the sart of the month for that months c4ps any poker points u use will not affect you c4ps payment in any way and when the bar is cleared u will still have those points
  • edited November 2013
    I only eared 108 point last month and 100 were deducted from my total points leaving me 8 spare.So i could have used them according to you & still got my reward?So why take them?
  • edited November 2013
    I want an official ruling on this.
    Anyone from sky about? 
  • edited November 2013
    I only eared 108 point last month and 100 were deducted from my total points leaving me 8 spare.So i could have used them according to you & still got my reward?So why take them?
    Posted by belsibub

go too the free bets section and it will show how many points u have under tokens poker held funds in the box under the log out button hope that helps

• edited November 2013
    Same as total point at top page so?
    Either you need points to be deducted or not.You say not t's & c' say they are?
  • edited November 2013
    Same as total point at top page so? Either you you need points to be deducted or not.You say not t's & c' say they are?
    Posted by belsibub
    not just me saying it bud...but when your months points is reset u should still have those points in your account for you too use on the pointsrolls..if thats not how its working for you i would pm sky sam/lee and ask them about it..
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm : not just me saying it bud...but when your months points is reset u should still have those points in your account for you too use on the pointsrolls..if thats not how its working for you i would pm sky sam/lee and ask them about it..
    Posted by churchy18
    From earlier post

From t's & c's

• The relevant poker points will be deducted and converted to the nearest '100' at the lower tier, for example if a player earns 1489 points, 1400 points will be removed from the player's account.
  • edited November 2013
    I want an official ruling on this. Anyone from sky about? 
    Posted by belsibub
    Still want this.

• edited November 2013

Rewards payments are based on how many points you earn in the month, if you spend points it does not affect your payment - you will notice the points bar does not move when you do spend them. We points deduct them from your balance once the payment is made as you highlighted. At the moment, if you spend them during the month before we do this, you've benefitted which is fine.
  • edited November 2013
    Rewards payments are based on how many points you earn in the month, if you spend points it does not affect your payment - you will notice the points bar does not move when you do spend them. We points deduct them from your balance once the payment is made as you highlighted. At the moment, if you spend them during the month before we do this, you've benefitted which is fine.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    So punished for keeping points to cover rewards.THANKS. 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm : So punished for keeping points to cover rewards.THANKS. 
    Posted by belsibub
    Not at all, you are rewarded. As we've said above, this way favours people.

Looks like you've misunderstood how this works.
  • edited November 2013
    Let get this straight If i have zero points at the beginning of the month earn 100 don't use them you take them for rewards payment £1.But if i use them on freerolls have zero at the end of the month i still get £1 reward?
    How is this fair and not punishment for keeping them?
  • edited November 2013
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    This makes no sense by the by.
  • edited November 2013
    Let get this straight If i have zero points at the beginning of the month earn 100 don't use them you take them for rewards payment £1.But if i use them on freerolls have zero at the end of the month i still get £1 reward? How is this fair and not punishment for keeping them?
    Posted by belsibub
    It is not a 'punishment' its part of how the promotion works. Points are traded in for cash (which is where the original 'Cash for Points' name came in).

It is not compulsary to opt into the Sky Poker Rewards scheme, if people do not want to be rewarded by exchanging points for a cash bonus, they dont have to. Most do opt in because they like it. If you dont want to be part of the promo, that's fine.

The benefit is that we previously referred to is basically that we do not take the points away if people have spent them (its a goodwill gesture and easier that way), they are there to use until the end of the month.

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm : It is not a 'punishment' its part of how the promotion works. Points are traded in for cash (which is where the original 'Cash for Points' name came in). It is not compulsary to opt into the Sky Poker Rewards scheme, if people do not want to be rewarded by exchanging points for a cash bonus, they dont have to. Most do opt in because they like it. If you dont want to be part of the promo, that's fine. The benefit is that we previously referred to is basically that we do not take the points away if people have spent them (its a goodwill gesture and easier that way), they are there to use until the end of the month.  
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    If you have them you loose them if you don't you don't .Still seems be have your cake and eat it too for some.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm : It is not a 'punishment' its part of how the promotion works. Points are traded in for cash (which is where the original 'Cash for Points' name came in). It is not compulsary to opt into the Sky Poker Rewards scheme, if people do not want to be rewarded by exchanging points for a cash bonus, they dont have to. Most do opt in because they like it. If you dont want to be part of the promo, that's fine. The benefit is that we previously referred to is basically that we do not take the points away if people have spent them (its a goodwill gesture and easier that way), they are there to use until the end of the month.  
    Posted by Sky_Poker

answer me please !!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm : answer me please !!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by churchy18
    The guys are looking into that other thread you mentioned.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm : The guys are looking into that other thread you mentioned.
    Posted by Sky_Poker

cheers  :@)
  • edited November 2013
    Very interesting post and great reading (quite funny reading about giving things to charity...personally dont see why that came up in a poker thread!)

Anyhow the way I see it is the people that are paying for this freeroll are those that are paying rake to sky. So yes why should the people that are paying higher rake (by playing more games or spending more on buy ins) be paying for new or idle players to win money on freerolls?

The new players are given free points so this will give them enough to play the freerolls to start with. If they dont play real money games ie pay rake, why should these people be entitled to money from the rake other people are paying?

These freerolls are now more attracitve with less entries so the people that are loyal (pay the rake) are now being rewarded more and why not!

The new players are also being rewarded because they can win more (with less entries) and when they use up their new player points they are no longer new players.

The question for me is how many pts should it cost. 50 is quite steep as I play almost every day and it means I can probably play 5 or 6 freerolls a month which is more than most will manage. So in a months time or even in a few weeks time how many people will be entering these? I think they will no longer be a daily freeroll in time and possibly be abandoned (hopefully not).

My plee to sky is to review the entry points based on entries. It appears sky have changed strategy on the what they want to gain from these freerolls and Im fearing it means paying out less at the end of the day by reducing these from daily to weekly freerolls.

Ger

• edited November 2013
    buy in gone up so u get less players dohhh which is better imo 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    agreed donk
  • edited November 2013
    Let get this straight If i have zero points at the beginning of the month earn 100 don't use them you take them for rewards payment £1.But if i use them on freerolls have zero at the end of the month i still get £1 reward? How is this fair and not punishment for keeping them?
    Posted by belsibub
    Why do you want to keep them?

All they are good for is playing the freerolls, so use what you can before they give you your reward payment and take the points off you.

Win/Win
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm : Why do you want to keep them? All they are good for is playing the freerolls, so use what you can before they give you your reward payment and take the points off you. Win/Win
    Posted by dragon1964
    Whoosh,you miss the point.
    In the t's & c's of rewards it says points WILL be deducted to enable payment of reward so I played by the rules and kept them when everyone else seems plays by different rules.If I new I could use them I would have.
  • edited November 2013

Good grief, what an extraordinary thread. I suppose it reflects the internet world fairly accurately.

I always try to be polite, and that makes it quite awkward to explain some things in a manner which does not cause offence. But no offence is intended, so I hope this is taken in that spirit on this occasion.

We have a two-way street here.

Players - Clients - have a choice. If they like what this site  - or any other site - offers, they stay. If they don't, they leave. That's their perfect right. Nobody can complain, they are exercising their right to choose. People leave poker sites - for a variety of reasons - every day. And new players come along. It was & will always be so. The plan is that more people join than leave. Simple.

The Site does a lot of things to try & ensure those two things remain in reasonable balance, or positive. 

This includes all the Promotional activities - including Freerolls, Rewards Points & Related Promos, Happy Hours, the TV Channel, the Jackpot, & loads more besides. 

It does not give away that money because it is run by nice people - it does so to attract new players, & to incentivise those already here to stay here, play more, or play more frequently. That's the bare truth.

If it has given money, via Freerolls, say, to players over many years, & some of those players just exploit the system by not playing more, or for longer, & never depositing cash on the site, it makes no sense to keep giving them money, because there is zero payback. That money will still get spent as part of the Promotional budget, but it will just be spent in a different area, where it works better, & does what it is intended to do.

Why would it ever make sense to keep giving money to those who don't intend to ever Deposit on the Site? These things are reviewed all the time.

"Was or is there a reasonable payback or benefit to the Business if we do this that or the other?"

If "yes", more of the same ensues. Of "no", then they divert that cash into an area of Promotion where it works better. 

A glance at the "PROMOTIONS" Page shows a dozen or more different Promos at any given time. They all offer some sort of enhanced benefit to players, & they all cost money. They are reviewed all the time, & adjusted to what works best. The ideal Promo does it's job by getting more players to play more often, or for longer, in return for a tangible benefit.

The Promos that fail that test are reviewed & adjusted, or even discontinued. I can't imagine any Business would do any different. It's no different to "Offers" from Tesco or Sainsbury, Vodafone or 02, or any other Business.

Tesco had Baked Beans on offer last week, this week they reverted to the original, higher, price for Baked Beans, but cut the price of Eggs. I expect they got a lot of grumpy letters from those who wanted the discounted Baked Beans, but not a word from the happy egg eaters. The tug of war between Clients & Suppliers is a perpetual one, & a very good thing it is, too, as it benefits both parties.             

• edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £500 Free Cash Freeroll at 7pm : Whoosh,you miss the point. In the t's & c's of rewards it says points WILL be deducted to enable payment of reward so I played by the rules and kept them when everyone else seems plays by different rules.If I new I could use them I would have.
    Posted by belsibub
    Sorry, I missed some of the posts.
    I agree that this sentence is worded badly but you have taken this one sentence and ignored all the othe times on the promo page where it says rewards will be paid on points EARNED.

Just a couple of examples taken from the promo page

The Sky Poker Rewards bonus you earn is based on the number of Poker Points you earn in the month, meaning the more you play the more you earn!

All poker points earned in sessions which start after 00:00:00 GMT on the 1st day of the month and end before 23:59:59 GMT on the last day of that same month will qualify. 

Again, sorry for mis-understanding your point

• edited November 2013
    Hmmm, I actually agree with freerolls costing points to earn.

I don't see why players are allowed to potentially join the site (with £20 free tournament credit!) and only ever enter the freeroll to earn cash for nothing.

Putting a points entry free on the freeroll rewards players who actually play other tournaments on the site, but have found themselves going through a hard time and need a little free cash boost! :-)
  • edited November 2013
    Sorry Pete, but it doesn't really have that effect because of the 500 free points that new players get. I managed to earn 50 points over the last few days (some of which was due to the generous 15points on some Omaha Hi-Low DYMs that shouldn't have been 15 points) and the field appeared to be mainly of those new players. When they've used their 10 goes for the 500 free points, another group of new players will follow on from them.

(Not that I've got anything against new players getting the points to play the freerolls, I hasten to add)
  • edited November 2013
    Hmmm, I actually agree with freerolls costing points to earn. I don't see why players are allowed to potentially join the site (with £20 free tournament credit!) and only ever enter the freeroll to earn cash for nothing. Putting a points entry free on the freeroll rewards players who actually play other tournaments on the site, but have found themselves going through a hard time and need a little free cash boost! :-)
    Posted by peter27[/QUOTE

agree there should be an entry fee but maybe lower it to say 25 points more open too all players as some only play dyms and dont make thousands of points a month