You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

****PLAYSTATION 4 LEADERBOARD****

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Ugh, hanging on in there in the top 10!! Need to step up that volume.
  • edited January 2014
    well im sure not the first to say this but top ten all big players who multi table £1/£2  the little players really have no chance do they :-)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ****PLAYSTATION 4 LEADERBOARD****:
    well im sure not the first to say this but top ten all big players who multi table £1/£2  the little players really have no chance do they :-)
    Posted by chefboy79
    I know your not having a go with this post, as you've done the old smiley face thing :). But I think it's crazy all the "I have no chance, it's not fair" posts and comments I see. These guys are making crazy money for Sky, and Sky want to reward them, if you only make a few - couple of thousand points a month why would Sky just turn around and hand you a PS4? Last month was a really good promo IMO, only 50 points a day is very managable, and it kept people playing during the Christmas time. There were some great prizes out there, and EVERYONE had the potentional to win them. That was clear to see by the quantity of people in the freerolls.

I've only made around 500 points this month, so I know I'm not in with a chance, but why should I when the top 10 boys have played 10x the amount as me... There seems to be a lot of "Well if he can have it, then why can't I have it" attitude in life nowadays and nobody seems prepared to work for it a lot of people expect things to be handed to them on a plate...

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ****PLAYSTATION 4 LEADERBOARD**** : I know your not having a go with this post, as you've done the old smiley face thing :). But I think it's crazy all the "I have no chance, it's not fair" posts and comments I see. These guys are making crazy money for Sky, and Sky want to reward them, if you only make a few - couple of thousand points a month why would Sky just turn around and hand you a PS4? Last month was a really good promo IMO, only 50 points a day is very managable, and it kept people playing during the Christmas time. There were some great prizes out there, and EVERYONE had the potentional to win them. That was clear to see by the quantity of people in the freerolls. I've only made around 500 points this month, so I know I'm not in with a chance, but why should I when the top 10 boys have played 10x the amount as me... There seems to be a lot of "Well if he can have it, then why can't I have it" attitude in life nowadays and nobody seems prepared to work for it a lot of people expect things to be handed to them on a plate...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    It the story of the coconut which fell on the ground, and was left alone

People want food, but when the coconut fell from the tree nobody wanted it, why cant people just accept it
  • edited January 2014
    hi flash your right im not moaning about who is at the top of the table but I think sky may have missed a opportunity here may be set diff criteria ie there giving a way 10 ps4 bundles great what a opportunity but why could they not do a top 10 then a free roll for another say 3 for top 100 then a single ps4 free roll for everyone who has entered who didn't get into the top 100 like you ,me and average joe.
    I know sky is a business and want to make plenty of money but if you know u have seriously got no chance of getting in the top 100 do u play more hands ?????
    no u go back to playing like you did before u thought u had a chance
    like I say I love the promo and cheers sky for doing them I just think it may be good if sky had thought about everyone who enters like me a recreational player who often gets may be 2/3 hours a day to stand a chance
    hope that's explained im sure people have gone over this a million times :-)
    and also im not one for moaning !!!!!!!!!!! lol
  • edited January 2014
    This was such an easy promo to predict for the top 10 , 

Players who do put in the hours do deserve there rewards but then again for those who play lower levels and still played 12 hour days every days they have actually got no hope , i did state that it would be players from nl100 and up.

So for the rest its just to make the top 50 if they can.

Alot of players will stop putting in the hours for this promo tho by looking at the points tally and who is in the top 10 and straight away see that they have no hope.

Playing 10 hours nl50 wont even compete with someone doin 8 hours of nl100 eg.

But great promo either way and ts good of sky to be adding all these good ones these past few months.
  • edited January 2014
    This was such an easy promo to predict for the top 10 ,  Players who do put in the hours do deserve there rewards but then again for those who play lower levels and still played 12 hour days every days they have actually got no hope , i did state that it would be players from nl100 and up. So for the rest its just to make the top 50 if they can. Alot of players will stop putting in the hours for this promo tho by looking at the points tally and who is in the top 10 and straight away see that they have no hope. Playing 10 hours nl50 wont even compete with someone doin 8 hours of nl100 eg. But great promo either way and ts good of sky to be adding all these good ones these past few months.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    Not really disagreeing with you but dontellmum kind of disproves this.
    Ok, he is  probably the exception rather than the rule. However, it does show they someone dedicated playing NL20 in the main can win these kind of promos.
  • edited January 2014
    Hello all,

I know this is a real grind for most players but please keep in mind that players 11-50 have a real great chance of winning a PS4 as they compete in a freeroll where the top 6 each win a PS4.

There are also PS4 Freerolls scheduled for the last 2 weekends of the month that players will be able to participate in if they earn 300 and then 500 player points this month. 

Going forward we have plans to run separate leaderboards depending on which reward group you are in.  So this leaderboard format will evolve in the coming months to give cash/prizes to various different kinds of customers.

Cheers and thanks again for participating!
    Justin
  • edited January 2014
    Justin that is what I was trying to say like more prizes on diff levels glad someone understood what I was trying to say :-)
  • edited January 2014
    Hello all, I know this is a real grind for most players but please keep in mind that players 11-50 have a real great chance of winning a PS4 as they compete in a freeroll where the top 6 each win a PS4. There are also PS4 Freerolls scheduled for the last 2 weekends of the month that players will be able to participate in if they earn 300 and then 500 player points this month.  Going forward we have plans to run separate leaderboards depending on which reward group you are in.  So this leaderboard format will evolve in the coming months to give cash/prizes to various different kinds of customers. Cheers and thanks again for participating! Justin
    Posted by Sky_Justin
    What's happened to the password one on the 12th?
  • edited January 2014
    Lazy people shouting for prizes really annoys me.  They expect the same prizes as people who grind non stop.  

I play low stakes, I compete with the highest stakes grinders and I occassionally win.  Why, because Im not lazy and I'm determined to win.  Stop moaning on here and grind!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ****PLAYSTATION 4 LEADERBOARD**** : Not really disagreeing with you but dontellmum kind of disproves this. Ok, he is  probably the exception rather than the rule. However, it does show they someone dedicated playing NL20 in the main can win these kind of promos.
    Posted by Jac35

I posted before seeing this but......exactly!

• edited January 2014
    Lazy people shouting for prizes really annoys me.  They expect the same prizes as people who grind non stop.   I play low stakes, I compete with the highest stakes grinders and I occassionally win.  Why, because Im not lazy and I'm determined to win.  Stop moaning on here and grind!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Aimed at me? 
    Asking a question about an e-mail I got showing this tourney.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ****PLAYSTATION 4 LEADERBOARD**** : Aimed at me?  Asking a question about an e-mail I got showing this tourney.
    Posted by belsibub
    no
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ****PLAYSTATION 4 LEADERBOARD**** : no
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Ok,sorry.
    Bit touchy,can't seem to say anything on here with out someone wanting to jump on it. 
  • edited January 2014
    hi dontellmom
    I get what your saying here about grinding and I wish I could do more than I do but lets look at this from a business point of view I get the grinders will deserve the prizes
    sky on the other hand want the non grinders to put in extra volume to yes? but if they have very little chance of winning a top one hundred spot  this would u up your play? or stay the same?
    on the flip side im grateful of the grinders they do a important job for us little fish they keep the site going in there revenue :-)
  • edited January 2014
    hi dontellmom I get what your saying here about grinding and I wish I could do more than I do but lets look at this from a business point of view I get the grinders will deserve the prizes sky on the other hand want the non grinders to put in extra volume to yes? but if they have very little chance of winning a top one hundred spot  this would u up your play? or stay the same? on the flip side im grateful of the grinders they do a important job for us little fish they keep the site going in there revenue :-)
    Posted by chefboy79
    Hi chefboy.

Im sure it would be very easy to make the top 100 and work a full time job.  Plus you could do 18 hour sessions on Saturdays and Sundays.

Good luck to you sir.
  • edited January 2014
    Sky withdraw the biggest rakers from this promo to try and help the players that rake less.  They have listened to all the complaints from the past and tried to do something about it.  So they move the goal posts slightly.  Now, the guys that just can't quite get there in this promo are starting to chirp that they can't win.

What are sky supposed to do?
  • edited January 2014
    Realistically i wont have a chance as i have a job and can only play a couple hours in te evening, but as above poster have said, they have taken out the loyalty members, otherwise this would have been over long time ago

In the future perhaps having a "low stakes" and "high stakes" and "pirority" leaderboard might make everyone happy, just about
  • edited January 2014
    Realistically i wont have a chance as i have a job and can only play a couple hours in te evening, but as above poster have said, they have taken out the loyalty members, otherwise this would have been over long time ago In the future perhaps having a "low stakes" and "high stakes" and "pirority" leaderboard might make everyone happy, just about
    Posted by alex1229
    Hey Alex,

We will definitely do something like this in the coming months because we want all players at all different levels to be able to win prizes/cash.

Cheers,
    Justin
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ****PLAYSTATION 4 LEADERBOARD**** : Hey Alex, We will definitely do something like this in the coming months because we want all players at all different levels to be able to win prizes/cash. Cheers, Justin
    Posted by Sky_Justin
    Yeah thats a great idea Justin - I think you guys do a good job with your promo's you put thought into it and take in mind players opinion, I know how the industry works so i'd never complain obveously the biggest rake earners deserve the higher valued prizes that's common sense
  • edited January 2014
    Couple of the names are actually in priority!? Am i right in assuming they didnt make 10k points last month? which means they get the benefits of staying in priority but also get to take part in and benefit from promotions that otherwise would exclude them!!? 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ****PLAYSTATION 4 LEADERBOARD**** : Yeah thats a great idea Justin - I think you guys do a good job with your promo's you put thought into it and take in mind players opinion, I know how the industry works so i'd never complain obveously the biggest rake earners deserve the higher valued prizes that's common sense
    Posted by alex1229
    they'd have to structure it well. They can run a simple lower stakes prizes league but you'll get some sad acts that will actually drop 3-4 levels beneath their normal limits just because they know its easy money! This has happened in past promotions! 
  • edited January 2014
    Couple of the names are actually in priority!? Am i right in assuming they didnt make 10k points last month? which means they get the benefits of staying in priority but also get to take part in and benefit from promotions that otherwise would exclude them!!? 
    Posted by hurst05
    Do you mean they made 10k in Dec or you mean they're usually Prio? What benefits of Prio are they getting? Cos if they have just missed out in Dec but been allowed to roll over (I've had this done once in the past) to the next month cos they've been in for a while and only just missed out, so they're still getting to play the Prio FRs and take part in the Prio promotion then that's not cool.
  • edited January 2014
    Here is the latest leaderboard boys and girls...

CURRENT RANK   NICKNAME   POINTS   PRIZE DETAILS
    1   beaneh   10524   PlayStation 4 Console Bundle
    2   Kazuko   7515   PlayStation 4 Console Bundle
    3   CoxyLboro   7189   PlayStation 4 Console Bundle
    4   ajs4385   6213   PlayStation 4 Console Bundle
    5   jakally   6163   PlayStation 4 Console Bundle
    6   darkmind   6125   PlayStation 4 Console Bundle
    7   foldUfairy   4977   PlayStation 4 Console Bundle
    8   hurst05   4706   PlayStation 4 Console Bundle
    9   BLADES849   4628   PlayStation 4 Console Bundle
    10   IDONKCALLU   4594   PlayStation 4 Console Bundle
    11   offshoot   4302   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    12   gazzaluf05   3956   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    13   F_Ivanovic   3908   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    14   Die_hard   3710   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    15   lolufold7   3698   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    16   cpfc_2010   3355   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    17   elo18564   3217   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    18   jammy27   3194   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    19   edrich   3083   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    20   SenorBegs   3078   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    21   JimiAls1   3001   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    21   KinichAhau   3001   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    23   SoLack   2963   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    24   pmcginn67   2872   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    25   Jac35   2834   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    26   Lambert180   2825   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    27   supercrazy   2785   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    28   dogsonacid   2674   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    29   waller02   2543   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    30   flexystash   2489   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    31   matisback   2481   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    32   SplitSpade   2327   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    33   pilezitin   2307   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    34   Jigsaw222   2301   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    35   chrisbhoy   2268   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    36   coaley001   2250   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    37   Sookie13   2245   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    38   mcauley12   2217   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    39   snodgrass1   2198   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    40   rtc   2156   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    41   slim542   2124   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    42   BIGSHANN   2107   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    43   Whizzewky   2095   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    44   mufcscott1   2057   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    45   delpotty   2027   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    46   alias79   2025   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    47   Kish29   2015   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    48   mckthnuts   1974   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    49   haidyboy   1950   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    50   nessab   1949   PS4 Private Freeroll February 9th at 2pm
    51   huuuuume   1943    
    51   scott1904   1943    
    53   mkgunner   1925    
    54   rodneypowp   1907    
    55   bobo111   1894    
    56   HAYSIE   1853    
    57   EvilPingu   1814    
    58   Barrie26   1802    
    59   jra126   1801    
    60   miraj1987   1766    
    61   1267   1751    
    62   aussie09   1749    
    63   rudey19   1745    
    64   rancid   1739    
    65   DREAMHUNTE   1729    
    66   BabyFace82   1706    
    67   Fat_Uncle   1703    
    68   FORDYCE   1700    
    69   PayHim   1691    
    70   AJ_Rockets   1690    
    71   811206   1682    
    72   biggirl   1678    
    73   PjPirate   1663    
    74   TINTIN   1657    
    75   PiAnOpLaYa   1652    
    76   newstart12   1647    
    77   MRBURNS4   1646    
    78   jordz16   1639    
    79   dubzs   1638    
    80   hosseinity   1623    
    81   BigM19   1613    
    81   simonnatur   1613    
    83   MattBates   1606    
    84   splashies   1572    
    85   luvBWFC   1566    
    86   kingbodger   1544    
    87   CrazyBen23   1535    
    88   VIC212   1531    
    89   bogacki05   1519    
    90   Diminuendo   1515    
    91   billybob12   1492    
    92   ness4   1481    
    93   Reece21607   1469    
    94   Omen69   1456    
    95   DN34689   1449    
    96   mrsteel   1444    
    97   ctbn   1436    
    98   alex1229   1426    
    99   RyG   1419    
    100   M_Luk   1412    
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ****PLAYSTATION 4 LEADERBOARD**** : Do you mean they made 10k in Dec or you mean they're usually Prio? What benefits of Prio are they getting? Cos if they have just missed out in Dec but been allowed to roll over (I've had this done once in the past) to the next month cos they've been in for a while and only just missed out, so they're still getting to play the Prio FRs and take part in the Prio promotion then that's not cool.
    Posted by Lambert180
    This month its actually more beneficial not to be in priority imo (or should i say the bronze tier). The rake race looks like it has attracted some mid-higher stakes regs back to the site. What appeared to be a PS4 banked for 12k points now looks like 15k plus judging by early figures. So sky have done well out of this no doubt. 

But anyone who normally gets 10-12k points per month has had a right raw deal out of this. The cash value of the PS4 plus rewards make the actual rakeback well in excess of 30% possibly 40% for some (bronze rakeback is 20%). 

I have said this to the priority manager, and to exclude priority purely on the basis of December's reward points is frankly unfair. IMO sky should have looked back over the last 3 months (possibly more) and said that if you where in priority over this period then you do not qualify. I am not sure how this would affect the leaderboard but if skys intention was to get new grinders on board making priority then they havent succeeded.  

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ****PLAYSTATION 4 LEADERBOARD**** : This month its actually more beneficial not to be in priority imo (or should i say the bronze tier). The rake race looks like it has attracted some mid-higher stakes regs back to the site. What appeared to be a PS4 banked for 12k points now looks like 15k plus judging by early figures. So sky have done well out of this no doubt.  But anyone who normally gets 10-12k points per month has had a right raw deal out of this. The cash value of the PS4 plus rewards make the actual rakeback well in excess of 30% possibly 40% for some (bronze rakeback is 20%).  I have said this to the priority manager, and to exclude priority purely on the basis of December's reward points is frankly unfair. IMO sky should have looked back over the last 3 months (possibly more) and said that if you where in priority over this period then you do not qualify. I am not sure how this would affect the leaderboard but if skys intention was to get new grinders on board making priority then they havent succeeded.    
    Posted by ACEGOONER

i know but it sounds like Jamie is saying some people are Prio AND able to do this promo. Has to be one or the other imo. Fwiw. I got the prio email despite not being in this month and there are multiple £1.5k packages for prio members so its not all bad
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ****PLAYSTATION 4 LEADERBOARD**** : i know but it sounds like Jamie is saying some people are Prio AND able to do this promo. Has to be one or the other imo. Fwiw. I got the prio email despite not being in this month and there are multiple £1.5k packages for prio members so its not all bad
    Posted by Lambert180
    Not really the point of my post tbh. But if there are existing prio people in this then its bordering on farcical. 

The ultimate strategy for a prio bronze member must be to get just below 10k,  and not bother exceeding if we will have more promos like this. 

A £1.5k package is only any good if 1 you want to play the me and 2 you are available. Both of which are a no in my case. 

Edit: How do sky get around annoying prio players when they do try to attract new players to the site with rake races? How about bringing back some incentive to stay in prio like offering a 10% uplift for players who have been prio for more than 3 months AND exclude them from promos such as the PS4 rake race.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ****PLAYSTATION 4 LEADERBOARD**** : Not really the point of my post tbh. But if there are existing prio people in this then its bordering on farcical.  The ultimate strategy for a prio bronze member must be to get just below 10k,  and not bother exceeding if we will have more promos like this.  A £1.5k package is only any good if 1 you want to play the me and 2 you are available. Both of which are a no in my case. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    100% agree with this ,those who just made 10k last month are for sure losing out by not bein eligable in this promo.

You have to get around 18k+points to get £400 when if you was in this promo you could get a chance at a ps4 (£400ish value) and also the cash for points return from goin for it.

The £1500 package for priority members are a nice way for sky to say "grind your as.s out" eg but there actually pointless for me aswell and thats only if you even win a seat.

• edited January 2014
    yeah do a low stakes one and play for a sega mega drive