You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The New Adventures of TINTIN

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: The New Adventures of TINTIN:
    :)http://www.bettingpro.com/category/darts/stephen-bunting-switches-to-the-pdc-201401230001/
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I haven't seen anything n the pdc website to give their confirmation but the bdo website does carry the story. thought the pdc would have had a big gloat tbh.

as the lakeside winner he automatically gets offered a tour card and I hadn't seen any news on him declining it. surprised at the timing of the decision a bit as there is 2 fairly big euro events that the qualifiers have already ran for and they would have been ideal for him to get into and start the rise up the rankings..

now it gets interesting following his progress
  • edited January 2014
    craig and Clinton i'll try n reply tomorrow to you questions, I haven't forgot.

quick update because im feeling knackered. not much to say and ive said it before several times already in thisthread but its another win of just over 2 buyins. got off to a decent sart once again winning 2 buyins quickly then going card dead and not being able to pinch pots, so dribbled them away. made 1 or 2 howlers along the way before getting it back and then getting in front.

after I posted last night I watched the pen shoot out beween man utd and sunderland. that's gotta to have been the worst penalty taking display by both teams ive witnessed. truly horrendous. hard to pick who's was the worst taken.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: The New Adventures of TINTIN : Nice to see you back Tin Tin... Ive missed you at the NL4 tables :( lol How you finding the transition to NL10? I play NL10 every now and then, mainly when im watching sky poker tv because im trying to get a hand on tv... And im only really watching the show because Anna is presenting (sucker for a hot brunette)  So i basically play NL10 when she is on tv haha Anyway when i do play i find it a bit ABC ish and boring... I dont know if me playing to much NL4 has turned me into a fishy donk...? You only really get action when your big hand vs big hand. Maybe i dont play enough tables? I played NL20 the other night because Lambert180 was playing and i wanted to try and take some money off him... Think we played 1 hand vs each other in 2 hours haha I left the table £10 up but i found the game boring and tedius... Like i say i find the little jump from NL4 to NL10 the same... I dont know if im chatting rubbish as i havent played enough NL10 to really have a proper opinion, that why im asking how you feel about it?  
    Posted by ClintonH83
    I find it ok. certainly not boring as more thought is needed than nl4 where it really is quite robotic. what I do find is more people are just waiting on big cooler situations. theres one or two players who you can play poker against so to speak but its about finding the plan to play each opponent where before the formula was quite simple v most
  • edited January 2014
    Things seem to be going a a slow rate with nl10 at the minute. After i went out of an MTT i joined a nl10 cash table (you joined it a few minutes later) and it was very tight for a micro limit, do the nl10 tables have more tight ranges with most players or could it just be that as my MTT being a £.75 BH will have lots of loose players, that a nl10 cash table might seem tight.
    Posted by craigcu12
    some players have an incredibly tight range don't get me wrong but you've got to work it out. some are looser as well. I don't think its fair to class it as a whole as nitty but ive certainly found some tables where that has been the case. it isn't fair to compare player base between cash n mtt and just go with a simle generalisation of each
  • edited January 2014
    got a few hours in last night, probably not as many as I hoped. had a bit of a stinking week at work which lft me a little tired and I had a couple of beers which were the first in a few weeks but well needed. I knew after a couple of cans I wouldn't play too long as its generally a bad mix so I was done playing by about 10 o'clock.

poker was going well. got a few buyins up quite quickly anf just kinda stayed like that. stopped as I felt concentration wavering for half an hour and trid to return. prob played another hour but my head wsnt really in it. so gave up for the night. banked another win for the evening of £27. before I would probably played on regardless of how I was feeling but I don't want to play for playing sake I want to be enjoying playing.

after poker I watched a film, Filth with james mcavoy which is based on a book by Irvine welsh. typical film adaptation of a welsh book, a little foooked up but I enjoyed it. if you've watched trainspotting and the acid house you'll know what I mean
  • edited January 2014
    finally a half decent wining day to report. the days result is +5.5 buyins.

had 3 sessions over the day. 2 were pretty break even, up a couple of quid in 1 and down a couple in the other. the main damage was done in my afternoon session where all of it was won. I flopped a few big hands and got paid off. the best one being flopping a set of 6's and getting paid by an over pair and by a flush draw that was pretty much committed by the time the turn betting came.

tomorrow I wont have the opportunity to play much, will be an hour or 2 at most tomorrow evening. busy day ahead, I have to take my son to his friends birthday party and its also the mrs birthday, better stay off the comp as long as possible and keep in her good books lol

on a side note. I mentioned at the start that I had received an email from sky about another side promo I was eligible for besides the current ps4 promo. well the deal was if I got 5k points instead of the 2p per point I would get 20% rakeback instead (RBFT- rakeback fast track) for January only. there was other levels but i'll just tak about the one that I could only aim for. as it stands im only 400 points away from this which is quite pleasing as I will pass the 5k mark. it wasn't a huge aim but I reckoned it would have worked out an extra £40ish reward payment. that was until this weekend happy days promo started. will now surely be a bit less but meh whatever, there still will be a little extra come feb.

I have been building a little momentum the last week or so what with all the small winning sessions and now a decent one today. long may it continue
  • edited January 2014

Hi tintin,

nice going mate, well played. I know what you mean about small winning sessions...I've had quite a few myself too.  he he
    add to that £8 & £9 wins it soon builds up, doesn't it.

keep up the good work,
    dev
  • edited January 2014
    Hi tintin, nice going mate, well played. I know what you mean about small winning sessions...I've had quite a few myself too.  he he add to that £8 & £9 wins it soon builds up, doesn't it. keep up the good work, dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    thanks mate.

im happy grinding out the small wins to keep things going and just waiting for the decent sessions to drop by. it may not be the most spectacular but its working at the minute.

your doing wel in your thread and ive posted there. keep it up
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: The New Adventures of TINTIN : thanks mate. im happy grinding out the small wins to keep things going and just waiting for the decent sessions to drop by. it may not be the most spectacular but its working at the minute. your doing wel in your thread and ive posted there. keep it up
    Posted by TINTIN
    my thoughts exactly.

is there any reason to make any changes? ie; add more tables, reduce tables, change your style of play?
    are you happy with the 'slowly slowly' approach, with minimal risk, or do you think playing more tables say 9+
    and a more flamboyant style shall we say, which might give bigger swings and possibly more rewards, is the way to go?
    I don't as a matter of interest, well not at the moment anyway, as I'm no good at cash  lol, but you know what I mean.

'have a nice day' enjoy the party!!!
    dev
  • edited January 2014
    Just read your post TINTIN.

All the best with your job!
  • edited January 2014
    Just read your post TINTIN. All the best with your job!
    Posted by DEL560
    thanks.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: The New Adventures of TINTIN : my thoughts exactly. is there any reason to make any changes? ie; add more tables, reduce tables, change your style of play? are you happy with the 'slowly slowly' approach, with minimal risk, or do you think playing more tables say 9+ and a more flamboyant style shall we say, which might give bigger swings and possibly more rewards, is the way to go? I don't as a matter of interest, well not at the moment anyway, as I'm no good at cash  lol, but you know what I mean. 'have a nice day' enjoy the party!!! dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    I don't think theirs any need to make huge changes, just small tweaks here and there as I go. to me it would be hard to be flamboyant so to speak play 9+ tables, that many does tend to side with the more robotic approach.

for the most part im sticking to 6 tables, there is times I have 7 or 8 on the go but its not too often. sometimes its maybe because im trying to get a new table on the go to drop one of the others where im maybe not overly thrilled with my seat. I had 9 at one point and because I haven't done it in a while I was struggling a little to keep up, it quickly got shut down.

the party was actually ok. I'll post in my days write up about it lol
  • edited January 2014

good session tintin?

I was watching  :) 8 tables  lol
  • edited January 2014
    well I got a couple of hours in this evening after everything was taken care off.

kids party was surprisingly bearable. it was at the bowling alley so I managed a game or 2 on my own to pass the time. there was 20 10 years at it so you can imagine what chaos that would create all hyped up on e numbers lol. my son scored the hioghest out the lot and won a certificate and small prize. low and behold he walks up to me to show what he won only to place a box of lego in my hand. just a small lego set tho but me and them don't mix well. needless to say I had to build it with him when I got home

the Mrs' birthday taken care of. not too much just a visit to the in laws tho for some dinner.

onto the poker. prob about 2.5 hours and won 2.5 buyins. a bit of symmetry there. got involved in a few big pots along the way one I stacked 2 people after flopping a set another where I ended up with stacks in on flop with an overpair to the board only to be called by a player who had pretty much a  gutshot draw who promptly went runner runner 2 pair on me.

this week has went well. I still don't feel im setting the world on fire and their is a fair few mistakes along the way that I need to remember about even tho the results are positive at the minute. sometimes results can mask the bigger picture so I need to be aware.

almost at that 5k mark, prob wont be tomorrow but likely Tuesday before I get there for the offer to kick in.
  • edited January 2014
    good session tintin? I was watching  :) 8 tables  lol
    Posted by devonfish5
    yeah I did have a couple of decent stacks on the go. not the whole picture tho as you will have already read
  • edited January 2014
    another winning day in the bag.

won just under £35 altho I had a spell of about 20 mins where I donked a fair bit away so it really should have been more. I may complain at times I don't hit anything, typical of us players really with selective memory and all that, well tonight I seemed to flop a fair amount of sets and get paid on a fair few of them. better put it on record for future reference.

still got a few things to work on, mainly these short spells where I donk a bit away. may be a bit of positive tilt atm I dunno. some things to ponder in my head tomorrow at work anyway.
  • edited January 2014

well done mate,

how would you sum up the month so far? happy with how it's gone and more of the same next month.
  • edited January 2014
    well done mate, how would you sum up the month so far? happy with how it's gone and more of the same next month.
    Posted by devonfish5
    cant complain so far mate. will do a more in depth post about it at weekend.
  • edited January 2014
    a kinda short session tonight. not fully into it to be honest. its the first time this month ive sat and played for playing sake. thank goodness it was only a short session. did have a small loss of 2 buyins so it wasn't disaterous.

standout hands from the session, well their wasn't any that I won of huge signifigance, I did play pocket jacks about as stupid as you can and lost a stack. and I flopped top 2 pair v flopped set and couldn't improve.

told you it was brief session.

by playing for so little tonight let me catch up on the wwe royal rumble. still a big kid at heart really. don't watch it every week but its getting into wrestlemania season so I will be tuning in more regular
  • edited January 2014
    update time.

yesterday was pretty non existant. I was 30 points shy of the 5k points mark and I played til I hit the mark, couldn't really be bothered much about playing so ended up a buyin down after about an hour.

tonight was a bit of a roller coaster. played really bad for long spells. I was down, approaching even, down again before ending up for the night only half a buyin down.

memorable hand. I turned the nutstraight with 89hh on a JhTh7xXx board and got it in v 2 players both holding top 2 pair, not that I really needed the river more dodge the few cards but in drops the Qh for a straight flush.

had a good bit of momentum going a few days ago but that has vanished. 3 losing days on the trot now to almost close out the month, not ideal but far from a disaster. totals about 3.5 buyins but the run had to end sometime. a couple of those sessions I was playing for playing sake and they were also reasonably short sessions so I cant complain too much. got to get back to being more focused on wanting to play.
  • edited January 2014

'got to get back to being more focused on wanting to play'
    that's not easy when playing almost every day mate, especially when multi-tabling.
    I have found now I'm only playing 2 tables and being much more selective table wise, if I don't see a table I fancy playing, I simply don't play, which then gives me some time off.
    think I recently went 3 days without a session due to that reason. at least it's keeping me fresh and when I do play 'I'm hungry for it'
    obviously different for you, maybe just take the odd day or two off when your focus is going. remember back to last year mate and how much you played. it's still only January, got a long way to go.
    be lucky
    dev

ps; another thing I also do when not playing, is watching, usually you mate lol
          it's cheap, always good for a laugh...and I'm always learning/making notes on players, etc  he he
  • edited January 2014
    right it is the end of the month and time to do a mini recap.

first of all tonight was ok ish. started of badly, got it back and went in front and just kinda stayed round the same mark for the rest of the evening. ended 3 bins up somehow. suprising really considering the start and how badly I was playing, common theme emerging. maybe my initial bad play is getting me paid in spots later on or im just getting lucky. tonight I got dealt JJ a shed load of times. on 1 table I got it 3 hands in a row and another I got them twice in 2 orbits only to be against AA both times lol, thankfully the pots weren't for stacks.

right recap time.

most of the month has been fairly steady if unspectacular. apart from a bad 36 hours one weekend I haven't had many major losing days, altho recovering from that weekend did take about a week. I feel as tho ive learned a fair bit about my game just not always able to put it all into practice which is something to work on going forward.

I did deposit to start playing again 1 or 2 days before the new year so i'll try n break these figures into 2 so to speak.

from start of this diary im around 15 buyins up
    from the deposit im around 32 buyins up.

ive also earned 5300 points but im getting 20% rakeback on that so don't know an exact figure for those til it arrive but estimating it could be anywhere between £130- £150. its all dependant on happy hours etc but I wasn't able to pound them so to speak because of the work hours. only got 1 per day at most.

so accounting for the rakeback im looking at about 45 bins for the month (or just over the month). guess that's not too bad.

happy with the results, not overly happy with how ive been playing. I am playing because I want to in the most part so that was one aim.

plan for feb: would be happy with the same results but want to be happy with how im playing more, try to cut out those silly mistakes that are occurring just now. I aint got bankroll aims or that just consolidate on what ive done so far.

prob play a bit first few days. theres another points race, sky does flood it when they run them, once again wont be doing much damage or having it as my main aim but with a lot of players ineligible for the first part theres a chance I could creep on to a leaderboard. we will see
  • edited February 2014
    'got to get back to being more focused on wanting to play' that's not easy when playing almost every day mate, especially when multi-tabling. I have found now I'm only playing 2 tables and being much more selective table wise, if I don't see a table I fancy playing, I simply don't play, which then gives me some time off. think I recently went 3 days without a session due to that reason. at least it's keeping me fresh and when I do play 'I'm hungry for it' obviously different for you, maybe just take the odd day or two off when your focus is going. remember back to last year mate and how much you played. it's still only January, got a long way to go. be lucky dev ps; another thing I also do when not playing, is watching, usually you mate lol       it's cheap, always good for a laugh...and I'm always learning/making notes on players, etc  he he
    Posted by devonfish5
    on the whole I have been wanting to play. the start of this week I didn't have much notion for it I only logged on to get those last few points. i just wanted it out the way, not leave it til last kick, i was planning those days off but it didn't work out. they were short session of like an hour not the usual 3 that i have been playing, so i most of the way there to taking a break lol.

there will be more days off from the poker in the future, most are likely to be work dictated due to a potential back shift being introduced on my work pattern. that will balance me out.

guess old habits die hard after some of the hours i used to rack up but its still way down. i guess that's why i felt good when logging on almost every time.

if your watching my tables it must be fun. you prob hve a big list of "dont's" if been observing me lol the last few days hasn't been great
  • edited February 2014

well played mate, really impressive results.
    best of luck for February,
    dev
  • edited February 2014
    'got to get back to being more focused on wanting to play' that's not easy when playing almost every day mate, especially when multi-tabling. I have found now I'm only playing 2 tables and being much more selective table wise, if I don't see a table I fancy playing, I simply don't play, which then gives me some time off. think I recently went 3 days without a session due to that reason. at least it's keeping me fresh and when I do play 'I'm hungry for it' obviously different for you, maybe just take the odd day or two off when your focus is going. remember back to last year mate and how much you played. it's still only January, got a long way to go. be lucky dev ps; another thing I also do when not playing, is watching, usually you mate lol       it's cheap, always good for a laugh...and I'm always learning/making notes on players, etc  he he
    Posted by devonfish5
    Thats not such a bad idea , especially if your playing the same levels.

Have you found it hard sometimes Tintin when you haven,t played for a while to get back up to the amount of tables you were playing before? I,ve found this to be the case and am having to learn over again how to multi-table by normally adding one ata time

GL for Feb
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: The New Adventures of TINTIN : Thats not such a bad idea , especially if your playing the same levels. Have you found it hard sometimes Tintin when you haven,t played for a while to get back up to the amount of tables you were playing before? I,ve found this to be the case and am having to learn over again how to multi-table by normally adding one ata time GL for Feb
    Posted by MP33
    I have found if I play 9 I am a bit behind the pace where as before I was fine. even when I first started back I was fine just sitting down and loading 6 tables, which was the amount I was planning on playing the most anyway so it was alright.

from this point I have found its now a case of 1 extra at a time and at this minute even thinking about 12 just nopw is a daunting thought just like when I first thought about playing that many, so in some respect I have to learn how to mass multi table again
  • edited February 2014
    a real mixed day today. I managed to play a fair bit and things started off well, well I mean really good. after my first 2 sessions I was up about 11 buyins. I was hitting and getting paid which is nice. I wouldn't say I was running super hot more getting the weak callers when I had a big hand.

it didn't last long tho. from about 8pm I could barely win a hand. the total opposite of what had went before. even when I was fortunate to flop say trips with good kicker my opponent would also have trips but catch their low dangler for the house kinda thing. you all know what I mean so lets not dwell on it. the evening was broke into several session and they all followed the same line, so after a super start it dwindled away.

I did get out of the day with a decent result. just under 6 buyins. not bad considering but could have been a hell of a lot better. was planning a late one as well to try n get the body clock onto nightshift mode ahead of sunday night but the tables weren't great and they just kept breaking. maybe a blessing in disguise considering the last few hours.

might have to find some guff to watch on the tv for the nxt few hours
  • edited February 2014
    i'll keep this brief as I have to go to work.

very frustrating day. was behind all day long, at one stage as much as 7 buyins down. just nothing going my way. did get a little tilted thru it all. just enough to shout FFS a few times but stopped when I got like that before really spewing off.

mounted a bit of a recovery but couldn't get it all back. was only really the last 90 mins I played where I gained it, to finish the day only 1 buyin down. i'll take that

now to deal with the first nightshift, always the worst. oh well roll on 9 am til I get to bed. its gonna be a long one
  • edited February 2014

night night zzzzzz
  • edited February 2014
    right first of all Monday. up a bin. not much of note except running the nut house into runner runner quads. bit of an ouch moment.

tonight didn't go great. had an hour before my dinner and got up a couple of buyins quickly, half hour break for a bite then back to it. it then proceeded to go downhill from there. in the main it was just the usual stuff. 2 hands that stick in my head were v same opponent. both hands I got it in on flop after opponenthad pushed full stacks. both times I had 2 overs a flush draw and was v 2nd pair both times. as it happened both times I picked up extra outs on the turn by picking up a gutshot to go with the other outs but faded all both times. not 100% sure if it was totally wise calling the shove off. I did figure I had a lot of equity in the hands but maybe I could have bided my time a bit more because I knew what he was doing.

anyway the days result is not a big one. down nearly 2 buyins so its not too bad but felt worse after being ahead early. oh well.