You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hosts

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Im a regular player and watcher of sky poker, so can anyone tell me why they have so called experts like Tikay and ryan spittles analyising hands when they clearly arnt good enough to say what we should be doing? Tikay openly admits he is not a NLHE player and Ryan spittles is no better than the rest of us!! Watched him on sky poker cash game live play and he is awful, just my opinion mind :) 

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Ryan's results in tournaments recently would say otherwise
  • edited January 2014
    I wish I was as awful as Ryan!
  • edited January 2014
    Anyone can be a good analyiser when u see the hole cards, dont rate his play at all, notice no one defending Tikay!!

• edited January 2014
    So you also have cashes from various tournaments including the WSOP, EPT, WPT, SPT, GUKPT, UKIPT? 
  • edited January 2014
    Tikay, as well as being a top all around man has forgotton more about poker then most of us will ever know and could take the majority of us to school
  • edited January 2014
    OP they do a great job.

Don't really understand the point of your thread.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Hosts:
    Im a regular player and watcher of sky poker, so can anyone tell me why they have so called experts like Tikay and ryan spittles analyising hands when they clearly arnt good enough to say what we should be doing? Tikay openly admits he is not a NLHE player and Ryan spittles is no better than the rest of us!! Watched him on sky poker cash game live play and he is awful, just my opinion mind :) 
    Posted by Tuddy16
    Quote of the day, in bold.

Lol.
  • edited January 2014
    be quiet you rude little man
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Hosts:
    Tikay, as well as being a top all around man has forgotton more about poker then most of us will ever know and could take the majority of us to school
    Posted by cenachav
    +1
  • edited January 2014
    Anyone can be a good analyiser when u see the hole cards, dont rate his play at all, notice no one defending Tikay!!
    Posted by Tuddy16
    No one agreeing with you either.
  • edited January 2014
    Can only assume that this guy has had a big Sunday session watching the football up his local. Must be drunk making comments like this!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Hosts:
    Ryan spittles is no better than the rest of us!! 
    Posted by Tuddy16
    Ryan is certainly a lot better then the rest of us and would tear most players a new @rse
    He only struggled in those cash games for 2 reasons: he was playing against very good players and, most importantly, there were only about 200 hands played and in only 200 hands cards dominate, not skill.

• edited January 2014
    Finally been found out!

Trust funds ftw

:)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Hosts:
    Posted by Tuddy16
    very disrespectful post, he makes a living playing poker, thats not an easy thing to do you know or perhaps you could do it if you had the bankroll ( yeah were have i heard that one before .) . no idea what his cash game is like becauses i dont play cash but hes very good at mtts and more than qualififed to give advice to the type of audience sky poker has!!!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Hosts:
    Posted by Tuddy16

Best bit of advice i could offer you is that in poker you will make the majority of your cash off players worse than yourself and because you clearly have an edge over Ryan the best thing for you to do would be to sit down v him as often as possible and watch your bankroll grow mate

GL with that :)

As for Tikay well "stop picking on pensioners "  :)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Hosts : Best bit of advice i could offer you is that in poker you will make the majority of your cash off players worse than yourself and because you clearly have an edge over Ryan the best thing for you to do would be to sit down v him as often as possible and watch your bankroll grow mate GL with that :)
    Posted by Diminuendo
    lol
  • edited January 2014
    i reckon tikay and ryan musta took hes bankroll on the cash tables

and coming back with this ;)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Hosts:
    when they clearly arnt good enough to say what we should be doing?
    Posted by Tuddy16
    Their poker credentials say otherwise. However, if your poker credentials are better than theirs then your negative opinion could be taken seriously. Please tell us all what major tournaments you've won/cashed in.

This is a very rude, misguided and disrespectful post. You also come off as pretty dumb to be honest ... you say you are a regular watcher of Sky Poker TV, despite thinking the analysis is rubbish - so essentially you watch something you don't like? Makes sense.

Please go to a different site if you don't like what is offer on here.
  • edited January 2014
    Can we please get Tuddy on the show soon? Cardblockers at the ready.

• edited January 2014
    With all due respect the OP is entitled to his opinion regardless of how misguided he may be.

The shows themselves are 5hrs long minus 25 mins for breaks IMHO anyone who can keep an audience interested for this amount of time is excellent at their job and both the aforementioned analysts have no problems in this area.

It is a show after all and about entertainment too. The interaction between the presenters and analysts and the audience is second to none in my view and unique on TV.

If I am totally honest I don't always agree with everything the analysts say but their poker achievements should at the very least entitle them to respect for their views, something that seems to be lacking in the OP views.
  • edited January 2014
    With all due respect the OP is entitled to his opinion regardless of how misguided he may be. The shows themselves are 5hrs long minus 25 mins for breaks IMHO anyone who can keep an audience interested for this amount of time is excellent at their job and both the aforementioned annalists have no problems in this area. It is a show after all and about entertainment too. The interaction between the presenters and annalists and the audience is second to none in my view and unique on TV. If I am totally honest I don't always agree with everything the annalists say but their poker achievements should at the very least entitle them to respect for their views, something that seems to be lacking in the OP views.
    Posted by a00rock
    Yes, I absolutely agree he is entitled to his opinion, & I'll reply to him shortly.

I am a little concerned with your suggestion that we are annalists though. I rather prefer Analysts, though
     I suppose some may think you were correct.....;)
  • edited January 2014
    I think people are missing the point here, Ryan has lovely teeth!
  • edited January 2014
    oopps lol that's the auto correct for ya on windows 8 my bad. Manually corrected thanks Tikay.

Edit.. just for the record.. An Annalist is someone who keeps year by year, historical records. Just so folks don't misinterpret the meaning lol.
  • edited January 2014
    I am a little concerned with your suggestion that we are annalists though. I rather prefer A nalysts , though   I suppose some may think you were correct.....;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    I actually sprayed coffee all over my laptop screen when i read this about 10 mins ago lol.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Hosts : I actually sprayed coffee all over my laptop screen when i read this about 10 mins ago lol.
    Posted by 55013
    Yes, it was an interesting & most ironic typo. At least, I hope it was a typo. It may have been a Freudian slip, of course.......
  • edited January 2014
    Obv Troll is obv...
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by Tuddy16
    First Tuddy, hello and welcome :)

You are of course entitled to your opinion.  Here is mine.  Both Tikay and Ryan are fantastic as analysts on the 861 channel.  There is so much more to it than you realise.  The audience are an array of new/beginner poker plays, recreational poker plays and some who take it more seriously.  They have to entertain and inform this broad spectrum while 'selling' the product of SkyPoker.  By selling I mean attract interest to future events on the SkyPoker schedule as well as immediate events found in the lobby at that time.  Like I said, I think both are fantastic at it.  I would also rate both as poker players hugely.

The part I put in bold, that did give me a chuckle I confess.  That's a bit like saying anyone can read an autocue (watch Have I Got News For You on a regular basis to see examples of how this is wrong).  In many ways you don't see how good someone like Tikay or Ryan is until you see someone who isn't very good at it.  Luckily it seems the good folks Presently on SkyPoker TV, or 'talent,' as they are described, are all very good at their jobs.

Finally for now, just my opinion but I think you started this thread to get a reaction and have a personal dig rather than have an honest debate.  In that case you have succeeded but I must suggest to you directly it may be of benefit to you on a personal level to find more soul affirming and classy ways to entertain yourself.
  • edited January 2014

i agree with the OP. 

ah sorry, typo, i disagree with the OP.

• edited January 2014
    I think people are missing the point here, Ryan has lovely teeth!
    Posted by MattBates
    What Matt Said
  • edited January 2014
    be quiet you rude little man
    Posted by rainman397
    well said rainman!
    think that is 1st rude comment i have ever seen from you.

p.s thanks for the good wishes the other day.

all the best