You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

January Diary

14567810»

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Aftter a good xmas spent with my girlfriend and family the challenge for january is to get out more . I played abit to much last month and although i was happy with results i,d completed my challenge so for this month its just to play for enjoyment and certainly wont be going for priority again.

I,ve got mainly back to MTT,s from DYM,s as i enjoy them more although i,m dreading looking at my SS graph after last night.
    For some one normally used to £5 MTT,s i ended playing the Bounty Hunter mini, Main and High Roller and it was a disaster . In the HR i felt totally out of my depth, but cames accross a good stroked of fortune when the short stack shoved into my aces with Kq s. I snapped him off for the £75 on his head and thought my luck had changed until the flop and turn where he hit 2 pair.
    Also got a bad beat in the main then kinda tilted.

I did get in the HR by mistake tho after reging for an alli in satelite that i thought was for th main. i wasnt quick enough to reg and de-reg so played it reluctantly.
    Out of out of £152 of tuorneys i did manage 1 head in the mini tho - yay (£1.88)

I was a bit tilted and signed up for a 5 euro rebuy on another site and came 4th for 176 euros tho at the end of the night so an up and down night but happy to be in rpofit.

gonna play some more satelites for the bh,s tonight
  • edited January 2017
    Not much to update pokerwise 

Gonna have a bash at the Mini Bounty Hunter promo again tho this week and if i get off to a good start i,ll continue for the rest of the week (did rubbish last week) , but need to spend more time with the girlfriend. When i mentioned going for priority last month (not that she,s got a clue what it means) she did say "Don,t let it take over" and as usual she was right. Glad i did it tho but won,t be going for it again in a hurry. Theres been some interesting threads about ppl playing for a living and i get more than ever now why so many ppl advise against it - even though they could make a lot from it. 

Anyway as from the last few days i,ve got back out there and got some interesting things and opportunities lined up. Just need to get back to the gym now. thats the one thing i,ve been putting off 

So my only real target will just be to play less (and finish my decorating - which i nearly have)
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: December Diary:
    Not much to update pokerwise  Gonna have a bash at the Mini Bounty Hunter promo again tho this week and if i get off to a good start i,ll continue for the rest of the week (did rubbish last week) , but need to spend more time with the girlfriend. When i mentioned going for priority last month (not that she,s got a clue what it means) she did say "Don,t let it take over" and as usual she was right. Glad i did it tho but won,t be going for it again in a hurry. Theres been some interesting threads about ppl playing for a living and i get more than ever now why so many ppl advise against it - even though they could make a lot from it.  Anyway as from the last few days i,ve got back out there and got some interesting things and opportunities lined up. Just need to get back to the gym now. thats the one thing i,ve been putting off  So my only real target will just be to play less (and finish my decorating - which i nearly have)
    Posted by MP33

Managed another target - hardly played the last 2 months - haven,t quite finished decorating tho

So i will have to think of another challenge- Came back to hopefully get some points for vegas 2nd chance freerolls (Unfornately i,m still in priority from December which means i ca,nt play 1 promo which sux but hey ho

But had a good start and so far so good - played about 25+ Turbo DYM,s between £2 and £10 and managed nearly £100 profit . I know this is not sustainable tho and just happy to make anything really.

On other news tho my faith was somewhat restored in the benefits sytem today. I Had my 2nd benefits tribunal for my ESA after 9 months of waiting and actually won it this time. Don,t know if anyones on here is on benefits but they will know how stressfull it can be when you get your money stopped , sanctioned or cut. I,ll also get 9 months of back pay. (Might treat myself to 1 x £50 DYM)

It also means i can carry on with my volunteering without the jobcentre being on my back interogating me about the 36 hours jobsearch i,m supposed to do every week
  • edited March 2017
    Good stuff, all round. 

If I were you, I'd treat myself to something nicer than a £50 DYM. 
  • edited April 2017
    Want to focus on poker more but got to much other stuff going on so have hardly played last few weeks - So gonna set myself a sensible target that i know i can commit too. It will also help motivate me to do it. 
    I,m gonna play every Mini Ukops game and to just try and make any profit. Won,t be easy as my well out of practise with MTT,s. In the meantime i,ll just fit in a few TDYM,s as and when

I,ve been putting volenteering 1st, whilst looking for paid work. Facilitated anothert group this morning with people in recovery from addictions from drugs ,to gambling.(shopping ,eating etc etc)Interesting stuff and helps a lot of ppl including myself ( i tend not to mention the poker - its hard for some people to understand the difference between a roulette wheel and poker 

Had a bit of holiday last week. My girlfriends parents went on holiday and she volunteered (w/o my knowledge) us both to look after the farm. Never been on a farm in my life but loved it - despite the 1meg dodgy internet connection which meant no poker for that week and no vegas freerols - (gonna try and get a few points for the weekly raffles tho)

i,ll update results after Mini Ukops

Ps - Bubba Watson for the Masters 49/1 - think form can go out of the window at Augusta and prefer to go for experience or 40/1 wih Sky with the 8 places for EW

• edited April 2017
    The farm sounds interesting, was it cows or sheep or arable or... fish?
    (Does this qualify as a poker related joke?)
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: January Diary:
    Want to focus on poker more but got to much other stuff going on so have hardly played last few weeks - So gonna set myself a sensible target that i know i can commit too. It will also help motivate me to do it.  I,m gonna play every Mini Ukops game and to just try and make any profit. Won,t be easy as my well out of practise with MTT,s. In the meantime i,ll just fit in a few TDYM,s as and when I,ve been putting volenteering 1st, whilst looking for paid work. Facilitated anothert group this morning with people in recovery from addictions from drugs ,to gambling.(shopping ,eating etc etc)Interesting stuff and helps a lot of ppl including myself ( i tend not to mention the poker - its hard for some people to understand the difference between a roulette wheel and poker  Had a bit of holiday last week. My girlfriends parents went on holiday and she volunteered (w/o my knowledge) us both to look after the farm. Never been on a farm in my life but loved it - despite the 1meg dodgy internet connection which meant no poker for that week and no vegas freerols - (gonna try and get a few points for the weekly raffles tho) i,ll update results after Mini Ukops Ps - Bubba Watson for the Masters 49/1 - think form can go out of the window at Augusta and prefer to go for experience or 40/1 wih Sky with the 8 places for EW
    Posted by MP33
    Day 1 - Outlay £22 -  Returns £3.25  = -£18.75

Day 2 - Outlay £22 -  Returns £62.50 = +£42.50

Still on course to play every Mini UKOPS game although it was a bit of a test yesterday as i was still out and had to play first hour on my phone with a dodgy internet connection and plenty of distractions. Despite that it ended up being a profitable night although could have been much better. Was down to the last ten in the first game with a good stack and got it in good on the flop. Just had to avoid the King of clubs on turn and river. Gutted to see it appear on the river. That was for the lead and i went out a few hands later.

In the next i ran well again and got myslef in a good position with 2 tables to go but made a questionable fold after jac35 shoved with JKs from early position. A small stack also called and that may have swayed my decision but think i shudda called with my KQoff. I would have knocked him out and  It came back to haunt me as he knocked me out a few hands later in a flip.

Couldn,t get going in the other 2 games but enjoyed playing it and it was a nice change to play MTT,s again and look forward to playing some more this week 

GL all
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: January Diary : Day 1 - Outlay £22 -  Returns £3.25  = -£18.75 Day 2 - Outlay £22 -  Returns £62.50 = +£42.50 Still on course to play every Mini UKOPS game although it was a bit of a test yesterday as i was still out and had to play first hour on my phone with a dodgy internet connection and plenty of distractions. Despite that it ended up being a profitable night although could have been much better. Was down to the last ten in the first game with a good stack and got it in good on the flop. Just had to avoid the King of clubs on turn and river. Gutted to see it appear on the river. That was for the lead and i went out a few hands later. In the next i ran well again and got myslef in a good position with 2 tables to go but made a questionable fold after jac35 shoved with JKs from early position. A small stack also called and that may have swayed my decision but think i shudda called with my KQoff. I would have knocked him out and  It came back to haunt me as he knocked me out a few hands later in a flip. Couldn,t get going in the other 2 games but enjoyed playing it and it was a nice change to play MTT,s again and look forward to playing some more this week  GL all
    Posted by MP33
    shhhhh
    Nothing to see here

Must have been a misclick from me. I would never shove that light obv
  • edited April 2017
    In Response to Re: January Diary : shhhhh Nothing to see here Must have been a misclick from me. I would never shove that light obv
    Posted by Jac35

:)  That hand has cost me. I,ve folded KQ off twice now when i shudda called. Then tonight i raise with it - get shoved on. Know i should fold it but after last 2 times decide to call and find myself up against AK and ofc miss.

Not a good night tonight- I could moan about bad beats and getting my aces crushed but it just wasn,t to be - No cashes (and no points for leaderboard) with 1 game left (which doesn,t want to load up for some reason)

WP btw Jac - Thought you were gonna win it from there

EDIT : Still won,t load the last UKOPS game. Not sure if its me or the site - Tried different browsers and my phone

EDIT :  Day 3 Outlay £16.50  Returns £3.09

• edited April 2017
    Day 4 Outlay  £30.30 - Returns   (not sure as games havent finished yet so cant check - think its about + £20 tho)

Wasn,t looking forward to the megastack and it was almost a releif to go out within 5 minutes after rivering a king flush draw but was up against an ace flush draw.  At least it gives me time to get some tea and play some DYM,s and hopefully get more points toward the Vegas draw this week

EDIT  :  Nothing much happened in the other 2 games but managed a decent run in the £3 rebuy BH but finished in frustartion again after bubbling another FT. Missed out on valuable points again. Couldn,t get my add on either which added to the frustration. It would have been an extra 50% to my stack at the time.

The target was to play every UKOPS game and finish in profit but didn,t realise how much time it would take up, so will decide tommorow whether to carry on 

Currently on a DYM downswing as well which i,m struggling to turn round whilst trying to concentrate on MTT,s
  • edited May 2017
    Day 4 Outlay  £30.30 - Returns   (not sure as games havent finished yet so cant check - think its about + £20 tho) Wasn,t looking forward to the megastack and it was almost a releif to go out within 5 minutes after rivering a king flush draw but was up against an ace flush draw.  At least it gives me time to get some tea and play some DYM,s and hopefully get more points toward the Vegas draw this week  EDIT  :  Nothing much happened in the other 2 games but managed a decent run in the £3 rebuy BH but finished in frustartion again after bubbling another FT. Missed out on valuable points again. Couldn,t get my add on either which added to the frustration. It would have been an extra 50% to my stack at the time. The target was to play every UKOPS game and finish in profit but didn,t realise how much time it would take up, so will decide tommorow whether to carry on  Currently on a DYM downswing as well which i,m struggling to turn round whilst trying to concentrate on MTT,s
    Posted by MP33
    Not turned it round yet but slowed it down for a bit

Off the tables another good week. "Mental Health awareness week at work" As somone who,s been through depression and substance misuse (which often come hand in hand) - its good to see people talking it and showing it can be managed and overcome (despite the  constant tory cuts to the mental health services  -ps vote Labour :)  )

Hoping to play more than  2 nights next week,  tho and try mayhem freerolls. looks another good promo. Missed it so far. Played last Saturday but had to go out so annonced to the table why i was shoving every hand but kept knocking ppl out and ended up getting 8 heads and top ten - too little to late for leaedrboard tho 

Put a thread on Betting chat for Eurovision. Ended up getting quite into it but Moldova couldn,t convert, finishing in 3rd. Would have been my biggest win since Darren clarke won the Open - "He got very lucky with the weather"

In another news having to do my maths again whcih i havent done since school, although the fractions have been a help in working out odds more clearly. I now know 7/5 is better than 11/8

So targets for nxt cpl of weeks are to just to try and get on the mayhem leaderboard or to bink a galaxy tablet - I,ll update after that

GL