You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Happy Days Promotion

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Happy Days Promotion:
    In Response to Re: Happy Days Promotion : tell me where all the SNG/DYM grinders are then , across the whole site there must be a few decent grinders that should be breaking top30 in that PS4 leaderboard but there is not as far im aware so it just goes to prove that cash games are favored for points one way or another and this weekends added promo is just gonna send us down the leaderboard faster than ever .  anyway im done with this now , its clear to me cash game players are the high priority here with very little concern for sng so i cant see me hanging round for much longer if i get blown away in the PS4 leaderboard which is likely to happen this weekend .  good luck to the sng players that are clinging on for there life in the leaderboard because your going to need it .
    Posted by TheRevenge
    I think there just isnt many "grinders" that put in big volume in DYM's... it is definately possible to be in the top 20 playing just DYMs. 6 tables of £22 DYMs for 5 hrs a day would give you around 16k points and thats even with 3 days off. enough for top 20.

I expect alot of the cash game grinders in the top 20 are doing very similar volume...and have similar points. 

At first glance it did look unfair that cash game players get the happy happy days...but it doesnt seem all that bad the more I think about it. No one is stopping you from playing cash either... probably part of a clever ploy from SKY to get MTT/SNG grinders to give cash a go.
  • edited January 2014
    Someone ask Devonfish how many point he used to make playing DYM's.  See if it is possible for a DYM player to crack the top 10 of the PS4 leaderboard.  As for the promotion, it doesn't affect me as I rarely play cash and I'm not involved in the PS4 race.  It does seem bad timing unless Sky are planning something similar for Mtt/Stt players before the promotion ends
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Happy Days Promotion : tell me where all the SNG/DYM grinders are then , across the whole site there must be a few decent grinders that should be breaking top30 in that PS4 leaderboard but there is not as far im aware so it just goes to prove that cash games are favored for points one way or another and this weekends added promo is just gonna send us down the leaderboard faster than ever .  anyway im done with this now , its clear to me cash game players are the high priority here with very little concern for sng so i cant see me hanging round for much longer if i get blown away in the PS4 leaderboard which is likely to happen this weekend .  good luck to the sng players that are clinging on for there life in the leaderboard because your going to need it .
    Posted by TheRevenge
    Overall you will find the people at the top are either high stakes cash or high stakes SNG grinders, because they paying more in rake per hour.
    If this site had lots of action at the high end of DYM/SNG's then I am 100% confident SNG grinders would be top of the leaderboard. The fact is this site has not enough traffic for SNG's for that to ever happen.

You need to compare the two, cash and SNG at the same level playing for the same amount of time and same amount of tables to get any idea how fair or not the system is bro.

• edited January 2014
    The reason cash players are up there Revenge...

1) Some high stakes players are in it whereas its very hard to get high stakes (£50+) DYM action on here.

2) Cash runs virtually non stop and its generally quite easy to get 12 tables running even at non peak times

3) More people play cash

4) More regs are cash players

That's why its full of cash players, not cos points are easier to get at cash
  • edited January 2014
    strange timing too announce this at this stage of the promotion.I can see both sides point as if you are a dym player it does seem like extra help for cash players but then as a couple of people have pointed out cash players get less points per pound compared too dym/mtt players so really it is all swings and roundabouts.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Happy Days Promotion:
    Not exactly fair on the sng players who have been grinding all month trying to get into the ps4 leaderboard is it? I'm not even close to getting on to the leaderboard but i know a few fellas on the sng tables who have been grinding like mad and i dont think this is fair at all.
    Posted by jdsallstar
    To go back to the original post.

The timing is just really bad. It smacks of greed. Whilst many cash players are putting in extra hours Sky have decided to get them playing around the clock with this promotion.

Short term it's great for them. They make loads.

Long term it's dreadful. People attracted to the site for this promotion will most likely think they've been misled. It looks amateurish to move the goal posts 3 weeks in.

These new players to the site will be gone at the end of the month and are hardly likely to recommend Sky to others.

It's a big shame as the promotion was excellent. A real win-win.
    Sky made shedloads of rake for the  relatively small outlay in the PS4's. The players have a great incentive to put in the extra hours.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Happy Days Promotion :  so £22 DYM = 20 points nl20 = £3.30 in rake to get 20 points in 45 minutes -- rake is 5% of pot so you would need to be in a total of £70 worth of pots 
    Posted by rancid

You're thinking about this the wrong way round imo - rake is the most important factor.

as you say a £22 pays £2 rake and gets 20 points

A cash player in order to pay £2 rake has to be involved in £40 worth of pots.

In other words the cash player can put £40 at risk to pay £2 rake whereas the sng player has to risk to £20 to pay the same rake.

to show it another way say both players put £20 at risk:

SNG: rake: £2, points 20, value of points (@2p per point) = 40p. Therefore net rake of £1.60

Cash: rake = £1 points 6, value of points (@2p per point) = 12p. Therefore net rake of 88p.

So they both gamble £20 but sng player pays £1.60 in rake whereas a cash player pays 88p.

Also this 88p is probably lower in a lot of cases as pots are capped when calculating rake 

• edited January 2014
    why are people surprised at the timing?

its not as if they have previous for this... oh wait...... they do
  • edited January 2014
    I'm pretty sure BLADES849 is a SNG / DYM grinder and he seems to be doing alrite.
    They're 5th on the leaderboard now and have been consistent throughout the whole promo, so it's obv possible.

I'm not complaining  but I defo agree it's bad timing to be introducing this promo and i'm a cash player.
  • edited January 2014
    I have grinded my as5 off playing more DYM's than ever to try and stay in the top 50........this cash promo will prob end any chance of me staying in the top 50.

GG sky!!! No matter what way you look at it they have given cash players an unfair advantage here, such a farce!!! (again)!
  • edited January 2014
    I'm pretty sure BLADES849 is a SNG / DYM grinder and he seems to be doing alrite. They're 5th on the leaderboard now and have been consistent throughout the whole promo, so it's obv possible. I'm not complaining  but I defo agree it's bad timing to be introducing this promo and i'm a cash player.
    Posted by foldUfairy
    RR's!

N he could've bought 4 PS4s with the money he spent 'buying 1'.

Maybe he has a big side bet with sum1 :P
  • edited January 2014
  • edited January 2014
    who cares
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    ppl who have played hours, most days, checking they are keeping up with the pace to find out it was a waste of time.......they prob care. Just like you cared until you spat your dummy out and said you were leaving.......again.
  • edited January 2014
    +1

Sky obv got nothing to say about this thread ...... thought they would stay quiet .
  • edited January 2014
    wounder why no one from sky has said anything?

• edited January 2014
    wounder why no one from sky has said anything?
    Posted by reece13
    They probably cant believe that the Im not good enough to play cash players are moaning that they get more points per £ than cash players this weekend.

If anyone should be moaning its the cash players. But they are too busy getting the job done instead of moaning.

A sit and go player once got over 70000 points in a month before but then again he didnt spend a lot of his time moaning on the forums. So it can be done.
  • edited January 2014
    I think you're missing the point AJS. A lot of people are not complaining that cash players are getting the benefit of the promotion; I don't play cash yet I fully understand why cash players get more of such promotions than anyone else. It's just the timing of it and the fact that it is moving the goalposts in another promotion three quarters of the way through.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Happy Days Promotion : They probably cant believe that the Im not good enough to play cash players are moaning that they get more points per £ than cash players this weekend. If anyone should be moaning its the cash players. But they are too busy getting the job done instead of moaning. A sit and go player once got over 70000 points in a month before but then again he didnt spend a lot of his time moaning on the forums. So it can be done.
    Posted by ajs4385

Do you not have anything to contribute to this discussion?? its about the poor timing of the promotion nothing to do with your opinion on MTT/STG players. A majority of MTT/STG players play them games because they prefer them games.. it would be easy to look at your tournament results via sharkscope and say the reason you are moaning at non cash players is because you havent been good enough to make any money in tournaments. That still is irrelevant to the point of the post. if you wish to openly take a pop at a majority of the players on the site then there are more than enough social networking sites for you to vent your pointless views. 
  • edited January 2014
    my contribution is

cash players get 9 points per £ this weekend

Im not good enough to play cash players get 10 points per £ this weekend.

Unbelievebly its the im not good enough to play cash players that are moaning.

Pretty much every tournament I have played on sky is as a result of sky putting me in for it or asked me to play from tsp. Every time I play a tournament the same thing happens.

I load it up and think this is good, table is super soft and its proper poker. Then hour in the blinds go up and its just a total crapshoot. I just can be bothered as its a joke so i just keep shovin all in so I can get the crapshoot off my screen and load up a proper game of poker.

If any one of the im not good enough to play cash players think they are then let me know and I will happily play you. Obviously I already know I m not going to get any takers.
  • edited January 2014
    I think you're missing the point AJS. A lot of people are not complaining that cash players are getting the benefit of the promotion; I don't play cash yet I fully understand why cash players get more of such promotions than anyone else. It's just the timing of it and the fact that it is moving the goalposts in another promotion three quarters of the way through.
    Posted by FCHD
    Cash players arnt getting any benefit from the promotion as they are still getting less points than Im not good enough to play cash players.

The benefit this weekend is still for im not good enough to play cash players as it is all the time.
  • edited January 2014
    my contribution is cash players get 9 points per £ this weekend Im not good enough to play cash players get 10 points per £ this weekend. Unbelievebly its the im not good enough to play cash players that are moaning. Pretty much every tournament I have played on sky is as a result of sky putting me in for it or asked me to play from tsp. Every time I play a tournament the same thing happens. I load it up and think this is good, table is super soft and its proper poker. Then hour in the blinds go up and its just a total crapshoot. I just can be bothered as its a joke so i just keep shovin all in so I can get the crapshoot off my screen and load up a proper game of poker. If any one of the im not good enough to play cash players think they are then let me know and I will happily play you. Obviously I already know I m not going to get any takers.
    Posted by ajs4385
    Are you maybe bitter as your not good enough to be a good tournament player?
  • edited January 2014
    my contribution is cash players get 9 points per £ this weekend Im not good enough to play cash players get 10 points per £ this weekend. Unbelievebly its the im not good enough to play cash players that are moaning. Pretty much every tournament I have played on sky is as a result of sky putting me in for it or asked me to play from tsp. Every time I play a tournament the same thing happens. I load it up and think this is good, table is super soft and its proper poker. Then hour in the blinds go up and its just a total crapshoot. I just can be bothered as its a joke so i just keep shovin all in so I can get the crapshoot off my screen and load up a proper game of poker. If any one of the im not good enough to play cash players think they are then let me know and I will happily play you. Obviously I already know I m not going to get any takers.
    Posted by ajs4385
    Agree with you 100% re the points n stuff.

But I'm a 'not good enough to play cash' player who tried to play you a couple of times at a heads up table and you wouldn't play :P

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Happy Days Promotion : Cash players arnt getting any benefit from the promotion as they are still getting less points than Im not good enough to play cash players. The benefit this weekend is still for im not good enough to play cash players as it is all the time.
    Posted by ajs4385
    And "I'm  not good enough to play DYMs" players are still paying 7.5% rake instead of up to 20%. Cash players are getting huge benefits from this promotion - or are you saying a 50% increase in points is of no use to you?
  • edited January 2014
    There is alot of stt/mtt players getting 20k+ easy a month who dont play cash the reason there not in the list is because there already in priority!.

Alot of those at the top of the leaderboard currently wouldnt be there usually as there 9/10 times in priority themselves but due to xmas and that makes sense that they didnt play to much in december.

Anyone can make that leaderboard if they put in the hours and time given yes it benefits higher players without a doubt but they started off from somewhere so they deserve the benefits you get.

If you offered 100% increase points on stt players only i can guarantee you ppl would still moan saying "its only for high stakes players" bla bla so there is never gunna be any compromise with this.

And as ajs4385 already pointed out cash players are still getting less points than stt/mtt players its just down to the fact that cash runs all the time and you can 20 table it if you chose to which you couldnt do in the stt as there nowhere near as popular and take much longer to fill.

• edited January 2014
    There is alot of stt/mtt players getting 20k+ easy a month who dont play cash the reason there not in the list is because there already in priority!. Alot of those at the top of the leaderboard currently wouldnt be there usually as there 9/10 times in priority themselves but due to xmas and that makes sense that they didnt play to much in december. Anyone can make that leaderboard if they put in the hours and time given yes it benefits higher players without a doubt but they started off from somewhere so they deserve the benefits you get. If you offered 100% increase points on stt players only i can guarantee you ppl would still moan saying "its only for high stakes players" bla bla so there is never gunna be any compromise with this. And as ajs4385 already pointed out cash players are still getting less points than stt/mtt players its just down to the fact that cash runs all the time and you can 20 table it if you chose to which you couldnt do in the stt as there nowhere near as popular and take much longer to fill.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    I'd like to see evidence for this.

I can think of a couple STT players who make it off the top of my head but the overwhelming majority make it by playing cash.  Playing solely MTTs and making 10k is near enough impossible let alone 20k.

I consider myself mainly an MTT player and last month I got to priority for the first time, but only cause i played A HEAP of cash during the promo week in early December.

MTTs players may earn more points per £1 than cash but in terms of time, the points system is hugely favourable to cash players.

However my issue is with none of this.  I'm annoyed that Sky have run this promo at the same time as the PS4 promo.  Its incredibly unfair to those that have grinded STTs trying to make it into the top 50.... and I cant even enter the promo!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Happy Days Promotion : I'd like to see evidence for this. I can think of a couple STT players who make it off the top of my head but the overwhelming majority make it by playing cash.  Playing solely MTTs and making 10k is near enough impossible let alone 20k. I consider myself mainly an MTT player and last month I got to priority for the first time, but only cause i played A HEAP of cash during the promo week in early December. MTTs players may earn more points per £1 than cash but in terms of time, the points system is hugely favourable to cash players. However my issue is with none of this.  I'm annoyed that Sky have run this promo at the same time as the PS4 promo.  Its incredibly unfair to those that have grinded STTs trying to make it into the top 50.... and I cant even enter the promo!
    Posted by gazza127
    Hey gaz i didnt mean jsut mtt ment with stt lol, yea because cash is the main sorce of sky and i think there is around 10 serious stt players on sky thats it so its always gunna be based on cash players.

Yea that was a it strange to add it and also unfair to those who thought that had done enough but now have to play more.

There was a stt promo they had last year if i remember it was for stt players the top 6 who earned the most points that week would get entry into a 6man private stt with winner getting £1,000 that was a good promo even tho yet again it would only suit the higher players.

I play mainly cash but i think sky should run a kings of cash promo similar to that but in a stt format or maybe off a leaderbord just for stt/mtt players which would keep everyone happy.

Yea i also wish i was in the leaderbord id currently be top if that was the case lol
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Happy Days Promotion : Cash players arnt getting any benefit from the promotion as they are still getting less points than Im not good enough to play cash players. The benefit this weekend is still for im not good enough to play cash players as it is all the time.
    Posted by ajs4385
    Cash players knew this from the start of the pormotion, they were not starting their quest for a PS4 knowing that rules and point allocation would be changed half way through the promo.
    Plus your missing the most important factor,  lots of people have jobs and spend their weekends either working or with their kids/family.
    Not everyone can sit at home and play poker all day like yourself.

There are many people who would never have started to make the top 50 if they knew about 'happy days' .
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by ajs4385
     I totally agree with ajs yet again---- he never spends time moaning on the forum, and always has the utmost respect for people that---- lets face it---- simply are not good enough at poker to command respect from anyone that never moans on the forum!!
  • edited January 2014
    Getting 20k points playing mtt's would be a good challenge.  Getting 20k playing sng's would be easy.
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by ajs4385
    If your that good why don't you stay on the 1/2 1.50/3 tabs with all the cash regs. Seen you loads find 1 player on a table who you either don't recognise or don't play that level much and as soon as they have gone u **** off. Thick I call that scared to me. or your just not that good