You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

IPL 2014 tips + stuff

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Mayank Agarwal is 11/2 to top score for DD (betway)

Too big for an opener, has a T20 century but got no account with them
  • edited May 2014
    "Just clicking buttons..."

Middlesex....

Back in the day I'd hate to bet against Essex when chasing. Line up doesn't look as formidable nowardays though.

Lancs will beat Wocs.

London Broncos to dig in against Catalan and limit the defeat to less than 18 points.

Salford to beat Widnes @ odds against.

12.5/1 the lot.
  • edited May 2014
    Need to find the facepalm animation.

Had to be Ravi too.

Don't know if Finn is at the ground/available for selection but if he isn't Sussex WILL WIN the next.

On @ 10/11.
  • edited May 2014
    Nice recovery on the second game. Middlesex are the DD here :-)))))
    Finally seeing some action without constant ad breaks is a huge positive too.

Up early today to break down the 'FIRST 6 OVER' data from 39 games which qualified.
    1 tie and 1 game finished in 4.2 so they're exempt.

Categories:

a. wins per team
    b. Top 4 V Bottom 4 (no bias)
    c Bat 1st v Bat 2nd (no bias)
    d. Top heavy line-up V Bottom heavy
    e. Toss winner

1a. Teams that win 6 overs and then win the whole game (no bias surprisingly)

Bets for today via that system....

CSK v RCB (6 overs)

1pt - CSK - 4/5 (365)

HSR v KKR

2pts - HSR - 4/5 (365)

**IMPORTANT CAVEAT**
    Whoever wins the toss is less likely to win so add/reduce 0.5pts accordingly

Interesting fact - kings 11 Punjab have the lowest % of 6 over wins in the top 7 teams in the IPL. 30% only!!
  • edited May 2014
    Misery compounded by a quickfire 1 (5) by David Hussey in the powerplay :'(

Turgid innings from Chris Fail is my only hope
  • edited May 2014
    Finish off the week with a brace of winners for a change.

365 compilers got the SRH v KKR  '6-over' market wrong in my opinion. Only wish I lumped on instead of sticking to the system!!!
  • edited May 2014
    Gonna sound a bit like Kevin Pullein here but RR v MI and DD v KXI are both 'no bets' in the top 6 over markets.

My calcs suggest a slight bias towards MI but they can't be backed at evens.

Forced to look for openers that are priced too big for a punt today.

Mike Hussey is available at 5/1  for MI which is definitely too big. He may not play but its non runner/no bet so no danger there!!!!

Mike Hussey top bat

0.5pt @ 6.0 (betfair) After being matched, average odds are actually 6.151 - BONUS!!!!
  • edited May 2014
    Crushing it atm fish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ1CYzLYSQs

The best isolated piece of skill I've ever seen on a cricket field. ^^^^^^

Also brilliant commentary from Doull I think?

The only thing that would've made it better, was if the batsman was James Dawkner.

Incredible.
  • edited May 2014

Vohra might just have topped it with his backfoot drive over extra cover for 6.

This guy is going to be huge.

It's alright though, he might be Indias 17th choice opener in T20, but we have Joe Root.

sob.

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: IPL 2014 tips + stuff:
    Crushing it atm fish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ1CYzLYSQs The best isolated piece of skill I've ever seen on a cricket field. ^^^^^^ Also brilliant commentary from Doull I think? The only thing that would've made it better, was if the batsman was James Dawkner. Incredible.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Wooooow.....

We couldn't even have dreamt of a catch like that 15 years ago.

• edited May 2014

Having said that, this from the 1992 world cup is still ridiculous:

And yes, I know it's 'only' Inzi (today it would be Ravi B for sure), but it's still breathtakingly perfect in it's audacity and execution.
  • edited May 2014

And while we're on the subject, this will always be brilliant...

• edited May 2014
    And while we're on the subject, this will always be brilliant... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F4nfxwER6c
    Posted by JingleMa
    I 100% knew what this one was going to be. !!!!

Amazing scenes.

<3 the cricket field.
  • edited May 2014
    Only smite yesterday :'(

Could have traded out on Hussey @ 1.2 (according to betfair forum) but I was out all day so a dead loss there.
  • edited May 2014
    F.ucking seething at the moment.

Spreadex are going 6/5 on CSK top 6 over score.

8/11 is industry standard. Got to wait until after 9am for them to ring me to confirm a spread betting account.
    I don't even care about the spreads FFS.

Anyway, if anybody has an account with them GET ON IT!!!
  • edited May 2014
    SRH v RCB

Again a stupid book from B365. Long may it continue muahahahahaaaaa

My stats give HSR a huge edge.
    44% difference alone in the individual stats.

HSR 8/10 - RCB 4/11

2pts - HSR top 6 over score @ Evens, Bet 365

LOL @ Stan james and that pr1ck Rory Jiwani. going 8/11 on the same outcome. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!

• edited May 2014
    Looking to back openers at 5/1 or greater when the opportunity presents.

Got £1.99 matched @ 6.2 on Parthiv Patel for RCB.

Feels like throwing good money after bad though cos he never gets a big score.

Parthiv Patel6.2£1.99
    £10.35
    Ref: 47723228886 Matched: 06:38 20-May-14
    Need the other 201p now :-))))))
  • edited May 2014
    Looking to back openers at 5/1 or greater when the opportunity presents. Got £1.99 matched @ 6.2 on Parthiv Patel for RCB. Feels like throwing good money after bad though cos he never gets a big score. Parthiv Patel 6.2 £1.99 £10.35 Ref: 47723228886 Matched: 06:38 20-May-14 Need the other 201p now :-))))))
    Posted by ff55hh
    Brilliant.
  • edited May 2014
    Rinsed this from the betfair forum

HE FAILS WHEN HE WANTS, HE FAILS WHEN HE WANTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, CHRIS FAIL, HE FAILS WHEN HE WANTS!!
  • edited May 2014
    KXI v MI

This was close to being a no bet but since KXI have gone with Vohra at the top of the order they've gone to a new level in the 1st 6 overs. This being allied with MI top order that like to play themselves in makes 8/11 a more attractive option.

Sparingly use Coral so bumped $22 on there for this one @ 8/11. 

Unofrtunately B365 are an industry worst price today so I'll let them be for now. hahahaha.

No openers over 5/1 here so thats a no bet!!
  • edited May 2014
    When I made my last post on here I would've sworn the Hussey bet had won!!!!!

Was on 13 hour crazy irrational life tilt that session though.

I'm going to make you lose, that 8/11 just can't lose. Nothing can stop Punjab winning that bet. I was thinking early wickets maybe but they just don't give a sh!t.

8/11 probably fair if they bat first, if they bat 2nd then they should be like 1/4 whether they're chasing 85, 185 or anything inbetween!

Looking forward to another masterclass.

England poor last night.

Woakes Is as much a 3rd seamer as Ravi Is a 4th seamer in England. Very weak. 'Cannon Fodder' :(

Ravi 28 off 14 in a lost cause.

Can absolutely gntee if we'd needed 28 off 14 to win he'd have got 14 off 11 then skied 1.

Got to play these flashy knocks in lost causes to keep the stats looking good though Rav!!!!

Bat him 3 to give him more chance and he starts to think he's Virat Kohli and will avg 27 off 24 every innings though.

New (old) coach, same old sh !te.

TILT ALREADY aghhhhh
  • edited May 2014
    Can't see how the Punjab bet can go sour which usually means a certain loss.

Poor selection from England. 

Well paid think tank decides that what they need is more Bell + Root and less Morgan + Buttler!!!
    Fielding gone backwards too...
    Probably discussing a central contract for Dernbach right now :-))))
  • edited May 2014
    Get the popcorn out!

Hasbeen Kumar ganning the distance!!!!!
  • edited May 2014
    ...............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. .....
    ...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
    ......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
    ..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.... ..................................
    ................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll....................................
    ................lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
    .................lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
    ...................llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-..*`*;..)..............................
    .....................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
    .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../...............................
    .................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*............................. ...
    ...................|.../.../..../.*`...................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
    ...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
    .................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---.........../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
    .................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../.........................
    ..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|..........................
    ......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,......................
    ........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,......................
  • edited May 2014
    Sweat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited May 2014
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:'(
  • edited May 2014
    I was almost counting the money after the 1st 2 overs as well
  • edited May 2014
    KKR v RCB

No bet on the 6 over market, can't split them on stats or with the sports books.
    Wish it was a no bet yesterday.

Parthiv top bat @ 7.2 
    £2 only and its not even matched yet, don't know why I'm persisting with him!!
  • edited May 2014
    Eng v SL

Gone for this again cos the forecast looks bad. Can't lose really cos I'll just enjoy watching it if it goes ahead!!

England v Sri Lanka (1st ODI) - Completed Match

Placed (matched)Order by Matched Date

Lay (Bet Against)Backer's oddsBacker's stakeYour liability
    Yes1.27£14.00
    £3.78
    Ref: 47787185095 Matched: 10:31 22-May-14