You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

IPL 2014 tips + stuff

Comments

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: IPL 2014 tips + stuff:
    On sunrisers here in running. Any interest in the snooker world champs dohhhhh?
    Posted by ff55hh
    I will have.

Always have my 'lolpunt' on fat players. Stephen Lee cost me a lot over the years trying to lose on purpose. At least he got caught tbf, I'm sure a lot of my favourites in different sports have been trying that trick too.

Had small money on Robert Milkins @ 150/1 few months ago. Tbh he's got no chance but I like the way he plays, beat Robertson last year, very fluent naturally talented player. Never know.

--------

Had a mare trying to trade the game yesterday.

Started by backing Dehli and just ran out of options, ended up just losing my initial investment, pretty sure that's not how it's done!

Positives : Runs for Kohli, but no surprise there right.

-----------

Same again today, but on Punjab.

Horror start.

Helpless throughout the first innings.

Decided to top up at half time tho, thought the price was good. Ended up with a 150% ROI freeroll after 14 :)

Nice to see a 'prediction' work out well.

--------

Poor start again here tho. On over 170, and SRH @ 11/10 after 4.

Pretty poor by me, a tame bowling attack doesn't necessarily mean big runs. V little in the middle order for SRH. Another lesson learnt.

Still confident of the win, another strong bowling attack for SRH.

Shame I've wasted the profit on the overs. NVM.

MON THE SAMMY !
  • edited April 2014
    Wow Milkins hasn't even qualified, wtf.

He was in the 'elite' top 16 champs thing on ITV4 3/4 months ago, got beat 6-0 by Ronnie.

fml.
  • edited April 2014
    Rahane dropped then hits a 4.

Lost $12 on stars hoping for a golden sit+go.

I only want something for nothing FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• edited April 2014
    Nice win on Kings XI by the way.

I was out during the second innings.

As I was watching Miller + Maxwell bat there was a turning point from:

a, they probably won't win but if they do it will be these 2

to

b, looks like they will do it after all. (after the jadeja over that went for 22 i think)

Did you notice the market relfecting that or were Chennai favourites for too long???
    Didnt have the internet down my mothers unfortunately
  • edited April 2014
    Total disaster, hopefully the hounds can help me out again.
  • edited April 2014
    3pts KKR @ 1.76

Score on the board then squeeze.....hopefully
  • edited April 2014
    ...............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,............................................. .....
    ...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
    ......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
    ..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.... ..................................
    ................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll....................................
    ................lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
    .................lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
    ...................llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-..*`*;..)..............................
    .....................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
    .....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../...............................
    .................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*............................. ...
    ...................|.../.../..../.*`...................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
    ...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
    .................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---.........../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
    .................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../.........................
    ..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|..........................
    ......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,......................
    ........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,......................
  • edited April 2014
    Why are they persisiting with Vinay Kumar???????????????????
  • edited April 2014
    Probably best to bring on Narine when the games over
  • edited April 2014

Would be seething if I was on KKR and they don't defend this!

Gambhir having a Weston. 

6 overs left, Morkel, Chawla, Narine, Sakhib and even Kallis have 10 between them and Vinay has bowled out.

• edited April 2014
    Fielding - as bad as I've seen for years

Captaincy - total joke, not worth 1 rupee let alone 100 billion

Bowling - Morkel + Vinay Kumar??????????????????????????? I could literally do better myself

Tilted for the dogs now

FWIW Dohhhhhh I'm always seething
  • edited April 2014
    Short respite for my bank account, its not on tomorrow
  • edited April 2014
    <3 David Miller.

<3 Maxwell.

<3 Bailey.

<3 Punjab.

That chase was worth 235 with the Pujara handicap.  He has less hitting power than Joe Root. Hope Vohra gets a shot next time.

Now if only they could learn to bowl.......
  • edited April 2014
    Maxwell bottles it in the 90s again.

Shocking.

Misread the Bailey bet pre tournament, expected him to be the glue in at 3 or 4, but he hasn't had a sniff so far and is the best part of 300 behind inside 3 games.

Not sure if anything is 'enough' for or against this Punjab side though. Rollercoaster ride gtd.
  • edited April 2014
    Too demosralised for sports betting at the moment, probably be back on the horses and dogs from Thurs - Sat
  • edited April 2014
    0.5pts @7, Takawale top run scorer

RCB v KKR.

6/1 seems juicy for an opener even if I've never heard of him.

• edited April 2014
    He's teeing off
    Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    Yogesh Takawale7£3.00
    £18.00
    I love a sweat
  • edited April 2014
    Bottled it, +£11.97
  • edited April 2014

Dehli to beat SRH today @ 5/4

Dhawan woefully out of form.

Warner and Finch haven't fired yet, can't remember Warner playing a significant IPL innings, he was at Dehli last year who hardly won a game.

Heavily reliant on those 3 at the top, not much to come after them.

Mishra & particularly Steyn haven't yet had the kind of impact they had at the recent World Cup.

Not sure why SRH are favourites, bookies valuing reputation over form.

------

Hate betting on Chennai games. Haven't even looked, hopefully I'll be up/looking good for the day by 3.30pm and I wont have to.
  • edited April 2014

Was betting on a top order batting fail.

It hasn't happened.

Carnage is about to ensue.

sigh :/
  • edited May 2014
    Had a nice result today, thanks to my betting skill and in-depth knowledge of sports.....

25 free spins on the incredible hulk slot yielded £28 + change.

I was pretty drunk at this stage and wasted £2 + change betting on Deportivo Moron who lost 2-1.

My plan is to punish 365 for their stupidity by betting on cricket, starting tomorrow.

Madras (super kings) top 6 over score, 8/13 - £13.

Hopefully plenty of Vinay Kumar and no Narine in the first 6 :))))

Only question is, what will I spend the £8 on?

**Edit, this is a LOCK BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: IPL 2014 tips + stuff:
    Had a nice result today, thanks to my betting skill and in-depth knowledge of sports..... 25 free spins on the incredible hulk slot yielded £28 + change. I was pretty drunk at this stage and wasted £2 + change betting on Deportivo Moron who lost 2-1. My plan is to punish 365 for their stupidity by betting on cricket, starting tomorrow. Madras (super kings) top 6 over score, 8/13 - £13. Hopefully plenty of Vinay Kumar and no Narine in the first 6 :)))) Only question is, what will I spend the £8 on? **Edit, this is a LOCK BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by ff55hh
    GL with this ff55hh.

With the snooker dominating the last fortnight I've not been watching much of the IPL.

Also abit P'd off with cricket after Middlesex chased down 46,349 against us at Lords.

Is it a void bet if the match is shortened? Agree it can't lose......

-----------

In true 'lolpunter' style my only interest so far is more than 0.5 runs off the first ball @ 7/4.
  • edited May 2014
    Unreal sweat on this bet. Lucky KKR are a total joke.

Had a tip on the horses and dogs which were a faller and 4th/6 (Of course)
    Somehow ended up down on the day :'(

In true 'lolpunter' style my only interest so far is more than 0.5 runs off the first ball @ 7/4.

Don't know where you find these bets lol, went back to the start to check it. Pity Vinay Kumar didn't take the new ball. Probably 5.5 runs from 1st ball - 10/11 the pair!
  • edited May 2014
    Yeh was pleased to see the match shortened after I'd placed the bet.

Disappointed to see a spinner open, pretty much no chance of a wide when that happens.

Punting left right and centre today.

Can't see past Punjab in the opener, and think Dehli are a very good price @ evens v Mumbai.

2.17/1 the double. IN
  • edited May 2014
    Waiting for the teams. I'll select a 2pt/highest 6 over score after that. Hopefully get a winning run on that market.
  • edited May 2014
    Narine is the best bowler in this format for sure. Every time I watch his doosra it looks more and more like a throw.
    I wonder how long he'd last with short sleeves??
  • edited May 2014
    2pts Mumbai top 6 overs @ 2.2
    Hopefully another turgid innings from Pujara. Surely not much deteriation in the pitch, 1st game of the season!!

• edited May 2014
    Looking good for 1 of us . . . . . . .
  • edited May 2014
    I was thinking its good for both of us if KXI go big here. Give Bombay an incentive to score quick.