You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

IPL 2014 tips + stuff

Comments

• edited March 2014
    good luck, 50% increase in readership :-)))))))))
  • edited March 2014
    Words can't even describe that start.  Incredible.   1-3  !  loool

call me crazy but still fancy Netherlands to do some damage (minor damage) .  100 runs or over in play.  10/11 !
  • edited March 2014
    unreal from the dutch there. Would have been much better with ireland involved.

Bad luck there 1267.

Think I either had a winner or a dead heat on the Mendis bet, will update the OP when its confirmed.

• edited March 2014
    Bangladesh v West Indies

Last betting opportunity until Thursday.
    Most markets are skewed by the gulf in class and the Gayle/SLA bowlers factor. 
    If they play Sohag Gazi there could be up to 12 overs for Gayle to obliterate.
    That being said, the West Indies were shocking in their 1st game and Bangladesh 
    have home support and conditions. West Indies other batsmen are right handed
    so could be tied down by the left armers since they make no attempt to
    accumulate singles. Match odds is a no bet for me.

'20 and out merchant' Lendl Simmons seems to have improved his consistency recently.
    May have fancied a small bet on him @ 6/1 but the best odds again are with the magic sign
    so its a no bet for me to score most runs for WI.

West Indies are 23/10 (365) to effect more run outs.
    I'd be more comfortable with a shorter price in a 'draw no bet' market'
    West Indies players are obviously faster and have stronger arms than Bagladeshis.
    Asian sides are notoriously bad between the wickets / under pressure.
    West Indies effected more run outs against England in recent ODIs + T20s.

WI most run outs - 23/10 - 1pts

Keep my winning streak going pppppplease

Also, the last 2 days it looked as though Damien Martyn and Dominic Cork did their own make-up.
    What odds on Kieron Pollard and Charles Colville to present in drag today??
  • edited March 2014

Really bizarre stuff again from the Windies.

Can debate Gayles approach, getting himself in, setting the innings up etc.

But Samuels to come in @ 80/1 after 10 and score 18 off 21 is a horror show.

They'll probably get away with it today but sort it out WI ffs.

Also never seen such a mixed bag in the field!!! Whatt a weird innings!
  • edited March 2014
    Got away with that Lendl Simmons tip after he was out for a duck without facing a legitimate delivery.

not sure whats happening with the windies, it's like they're not evn trying.

Non cricket related matter:

Had a message from unibet today:

"Claim your £10 risk free bet"

I get that free bet by risking £30 on 1 of tonights premiership game.

How is that risk free???????????

Mistake, false advertising, deliberately misleading or what???

• edited March 2014
    run out of the last ball as well FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • edited March 2014
    Badree 2nd in wickets list I think (steyn 1st)

best figures of super 10 so far

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: T20 world cup tips + stuff:
    Got away with that Lendl Simmons tip after he was out for a duck without facing a legitimate delivery. not sure whats happening with the windies, it's like they're not evn trying. Non cricket related matter: Had a message from unibet today: "Claim your £10 risk free bet" I get that free bet by risking £30 on 1 of tonights premiership game. How is that risk free??????????? Mistake, false advertising, deliberately misleading or what???
    Posted by ff55hh

Unibet can fo.

Signed up to their poker site last week, it asked me for 5 different alias's. Each time I log in I can chose which name I want to use.

Sounds legit.

Run good for Badree, some great fielding. Not much chance of maintaining his position if he keeps bowling 3 of his 4 in the powerplay. Never know though.

Unconvincing performance but crushing win for WI, should do the net run rate a lot of good.

Bring on England on Thurs! :)
  • edited March 2014
    Graphics on there are a bit video-gamey but all the games at my stakes are uber soft.
    I use the same name all the time though

Worst feature for me is that you can't tile tables which is a bit of a joke.

Freerolling on these sports bets thanks to them so I cant complain

Updated the OP to reflect todays loss
  • edited March 2014

Eng vs SL: 

SL to hit the most sixes, 11/10 with Sky Bet.

Put your grandmother's house on it.
  • edited March 2014
    how hard is it to catch the ball ffs
  • edited March 2014
    Woooooooooooooooooooooop!

If only the Dutch hadn't thrown away a nailed on win v SA :(

Awesome Hales, who needs KP!!!!
  • edited March 2014
    Woooooooooooooooooooooop! If only the Dutch hadn't thrown away a nailed on win v SA :( Awesome Hales, who needs KP!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Glad to be of service lads, you're welcome.

Oh, and Eng need KP, definitely.

We also don't have the tight bowling of 2010 to win this trophy again this time, but would be great if we can get out of the group now and then just have a go.

• edited March 2014
    Dernbach the worst cricketer ever to pull on an England shirt (and thats saying something). he wouldnt get a game in my local league team!!!!!
  • edited March 2014

2 wickets for Badree & the nicest guy in cricket spanking one of the most horrible guys in cricket to take a dramatic win for the Windies. Unreal celebrations too.

If Carlsberg did T20 matches ..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Pakistan can lose to Bangladesh? Wouldn't put it past them.....
  • edited March 2014
    NZ v Holland

Back to sting the layers following a short malaise.

Cursory glance at the exchanges revealed no discernible value.
  • edited March 2014
    2 wickets for Badree & the nicest guy in cricket spanking one of the most horrible guys in cricket to take a dramatic win for the Windies. Unreal celebrations too. If Carlsberg did T20 matches ..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe Pakistan can lose to Bangladesh? Wouldn't put it past them.....
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Oh yes, Pak could def lose to Bang no prob.

Been a great tournie as expected so far, can't decide what to do with Eng vs SA, do I lump on SA to bok them like I did SL?

Seems Eng have a great chance to turn them over even without my help though, ofc our bowling+fielding is still sub-standard and we are at least one gun light in the batting - but we have a good record vs them, that Hales knock must have lifted the atmos in the whole squad and this is SA in an ICC tournie so it's just a matter of when, not if they choke/crumble.

To bet or not to bet, that is the question!

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: T20 world cup tips + stuff : Oh yes, Pak could def lose to Bang no prob. Been a great tournie as expected so far, can't decide what to do with Eng vs SA, do I lump on SA to bok them like I did SL? Seems Eng have a great chance to turn them over even without my help though, ofc our bowling+fielding is still sub-standard and we are at least one gun light in the batting - but we have a good record vs them, that Hales knock must have lifted the atmos in the whole squad and this is SA in an ICC tournie so it's just a matter of when, not if they choke/crumble. To bet or not to bet, that is the question!
    Posted by JingleMa
    Yes plz! :)

Fairly confident today. Don't think we're a bad fielding side, just performing badly. I'm confident the fielding will come good. 

Don't have the same faith in the bowling, but with the exception of 1/2 the SA batting lineup doesn't frighten me either. Might get away with it.

Think either team are right in the game with 145ish batting first. 

Nervous !!!! (nowhere near as nervous as I'll be against the Dutch if we win today) 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: T20 world cup tips + stuff : Yes plz! :) Fairly confident today. Don't think we're a bad fielding side, just performing badly. I'm confident the fielding will come good.  Don't have the same faith in the bowling, but with the exception of 1/2 the SA batting lineup doesn't frighten me either. Might get away with it. Think either team are right in the game with 145ish batting first.  Nervous !!!! (nowhere near as nervous as I'll be against the Dutch if we win today) 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Lol, yep we're nailed on to have a bum squeaker vs Holland if we win today!

Ok, so to give Eng the best possible chance to win today, I've gone for the same bet as vs SL:

SA to score the most sixes at 11/10 with Sky Bet.

Only put my aunt's bungalow on it this time though.
  • edited March 2014
    Eng v SA

Batting looks fairly even but England have the edge on form after the last game.

Steyn v Dernbach at the death and Tahir v Treadwell gives SA an edge for me.

SA batting 1st, fancy de villiers top bat up the order @ 4/1, skybet - 1pts
  • edited March 2014
    54/0
    missed stumping
    of course
  • edited March 2014

Very poor by the electricians at 'The Gong'.

Big advantage for England, not capitalising.

Ravi needs the ball.

• edited March 2014
    traded out on de villiers

break even if he doesnt win

about 1.7 pts profit ifhe top scores

queue six sixes in an over
  • edited March 2014
    traded out on de villiers break even if he doesnt win about 1.7 pts profit ifhe top scores queue six sixes in an over
    Posted by ff55hh

Time for Jade...
  • edited March 2014

Jades last ball in international cricket goes for 6, very apt.

Englands 2 best bowlers bowled 5 between them.

Broad bowled all 4 between 7th and 17th. Leading from the front.

Lots of questions need answering.

C'mon Hales!!!!

Luke Botica botsasaurus 1m

Dernbach has the 2nd worst economy rate of all bowlers to have bowled in 20 innings or more in ODIs and the 3rd worst in IT20s #EngvSA

• edited March 2014

Good start but what a let off, never a no ball!
  • edited March 2014
    FFS went out for an hour and De villiers top scored.

Shouldn't be so spineless....

Compounded by getting the sums wrong so a 4pt gain was actually 0.7 pts

:-((((((((((((((((((

scrap that it was 1.7pts
  • edited March 2014

Why are we the only side who are happy nocking it for 1s and 2s when we need 60 off 30 and only 5 down?

If Ravi is going to play he has to be the "bowler who bats abit"

Not the "batter who bats abit and bowler that bowls abit"

So depressing, 5/6 other teams in the comp are even money when needing 60 off 30 with 5 left.

So frickin tilted.
  • edited March 2014
    Why are we the only side who are happy nocking it for 1s and 2s when we need 60 off 30 and only 5 down? If Ravi is going to play he has to be the "bowler who bats abit" Not the "batter who bats abit and bowler that bowls abit" So depressing, 5/6 other teams in the comp are even money when needing 60 off 30 with 5 left. So frickin tilted.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Not as tilted as me, thanks to Bressie lad's pointless hitting at the end, I didn't even win the most sixes bet! 

I'd even put a saver bet on sixes tied for a small profit, but ofc he smacks the last ball for six aswell.

gg