You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

IPL 2014 tips + stuff

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: T20 world cup tips + stuff:
    In Response to Re: T20 world cup tips + stuff : Not as tilted as me, thanks to Bressie lad's pointless hitting at the end, I didn't even win the most sixes bet!  I'd even put a saver bet on sixes tied for a small profit, but ofc he smacks the last ball for six aswell. gg
    Posted by JingleMa
    ugh, dejavu?

Think Hales final ball 6 in the last game cost you a tie on the SL v Eng total 6s bet too? Not sure if that'd get you any money back mind.

Lost by 3, just shows how costly the 15/16th overs were when we were knocking Tahir around for singles.

Stretched his lead in the top wicket takers market too. ffs.

Ah well, 100% WI fan for the remainder of the comp.
  • edited March 2014
    Dernbach is a feckin joke.

On the plus side, I'm on India pre-tournament @ 11/2
  • edited March 2014
    http://www.thealternativecricketalmanack.com/2014/02/ipl-auction-2014-the-alternative-preview/ number 6
    Posted by ff55hh
    If it's the same people these guys are a must follow on twitter !

Way too much love for d' K0 ck though.

Just gone for Maxwell top Aussie bat in the late game today @ 4/1

Dead rubber, so can just enjoy watching him for the first time in the tournament. Hope he turns up again.

India odds against but they may experiment abit, and Aussies with free license (even more so than usual) could be anything, so left it alone.
  • edited March 2014
    http://www.thealternativecricketalmanack.com/2014/02/ipl-auction-2014-the-alternative-preview/ number 6
    Posted by ff55hh

Lol classic.

Cricket historians will look back at the career of JD and simply scratch their heads.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: T20 world cup tips + stuff : If it's the same people these guys are a must follow on twitter ! Way too much love for d' K0 ck though. Just gone for Maxwell top Aussie bat in the late game today @ 4/1 Dead rubber, so can just enjoy watching him for the first time in the tournament. Hope he turns up again. India odds against but they may experiment abit, and Aussies with free license (even more so than usual) could be anything, so left it alone.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Yep, lots of weird looking odds on this match cos of its dead rubber status, anything could happen.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: T20 world cup tips + stuff : If it's the same people these guys are a must follow on twitter ! Way too much love for d' K0 ck though. Just gone for Maxwell top Aussie bat in the late game today @ 4/1 Dead rubber, so can just enjoy watching him for the first time in the tournament. Hope he turns up again. India odds against but they may experiment abit, and Aussies with free license (even more so than usual) could be anything, so left it alone.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Nice sweat going on for u right now, Aussies 9 down but Hodge is still in!

• edited March 2014

No I'm chatting rubbish, he's out!
  • edited March 2014

Well I wouldn't have expected 23 to be enough, but an Aussie collapse makes winning the bet even more satisfying!

2 wickets for Mishra a worry.

Badree has to bink tomorrow to stay in touch.

• edited March 2014
    Literally can't wait for Sri Lanka v NZ and WI v Pakistan.

I think this is via alternative cricket too but it cracks me up : 

Not sure what happened to shastri-bot on twitter, that was golden.

• edited March 2014
    Literally can't wait for Sri Lanka v NZ and WI v Pakistan. I think this is via alternative cricket too but it cracks me up :  http://feministafridi.tumblr.com/ Not sure what happened to shastri-bot on twitter, that was golden.
    Posted by ff55hh
    +1

Ross Taylor MOTM @ 14/1

-------------------

Also have England today, too :D

Eoin Morgan MOTM @ 8/1 Lost

Ned opening partnership /> 16.5 @ 10/11 won

Post toss......

Ned over 140 @ evens Somehow lost from 100/2 (14)

Ned over 150 @ 7/4 Lost
  • edited March 2014

"Stuart Broad taking a little bit more responsibility. Maybe his knee is abit better"

......Or maybe we're just playing a minnow Today Nass' !

Myburgh impressive, would he class as an overseas player? I don't understand all the loopholes.

Wouldn't mind seeing him opening with Finch for YCCC in the T20Blast this year. Can't imagine he'd break the bank.

----
  • edited March 2014
    Herath top wicket taker

4/1 will hill - 1pt
  • edited March 2014

Well that was more like the utter shambles that we know and love.

Pak vs WI

Any idea what's going to happen in this one guys?

• edited March 2014
    Wait for the toss in my opinion,

Pakistan more likely to defend 120 than chase 120.

Off out tomorrow so no betting for me.

I was down Sophia gardens when Ashraful humiliated the Aussies in 2005,
    hope they can do it again tomorrow :-P
  • edited April 2014
    Pray for Windies 10/11
  • edited April 2014

Darren Sammy has to be everyones second favourite cricketer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xc0klDmpxM
  • edited April 2014
    Badreeeeeee <3<3<3

They haven't a Scoooooby !!!!
  • edited April 2014
    ff55hh ive been mulling over betfair and the exchange so im gonna put 1k in my account just soley for laying bets and see how i get on, if you can give me any good advice before i jump in with both size 9s then please do. also is there an option on there to change the prices you offer to fractions rather than decimals aswell?
  • edited April 2014

Ah well, no final hiccup for the Aussies but terrific stuff from the Windies again!

In other news, this has to be a nailed on April Fool's right?

• edited April 2014
    ff55hh ive been mulling over betfair and the exchange so im gonna put 1k in my account just soley for laying bets and see how i get on, if you can give me any good advice before i jump in with both size 9s then please do. also is there an option on there to change the prices you offer to fractions rather than decimals aswell?
    Posted by THEROCK573

Kind of a tough on regarding where to start.

You probably got good BRM already so thats a plus point.
    Personally I find losing money on horses more tilting cos it can take a while to recover whereas in poker theres new games starting continually. If you're prone to chasing I'd try to put some safeguards in place (a conservative staking plan for example)

Probably you can already read form, pretty basic stuff like the handicap system, goings, classes of races, draw etc.

Get the racing post of course, consider this as a rake on your days activities.
    If your out of town at say 5am you may be able to steal one from outside a newsagents.

Dont try to bet every race (races where they never raced before are to be avoided for example)
    Dont lay to win at over 5/1
    Look then to place markets (back or lay) and no usually higher than say 3/1

Karma related: never wish for the horses to fall even if you stand to lose money!!!!

When you're going through the form circle the horses that meet the odds criteria above.

Look through and see which one is the worst in your opinion, say badly handicapped or doesnt like the ground.
    when laying to win the most value is in horses that serially finish 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
    Their rating/weight doesnt go down but they dont have that bit extra to win, this is more noticeable in NH racing where the placed horses can really be detached from the winner.

Probably my advice would be to run a practice 1 day.
    You will be bored no doubt  but you can make your selections, see what would have happened.
    See if you like it, have the right idea, see how the markets move etc with no risk.

This might sound totally stupid but I think if you went to the bookies and bet on 50% of all races for a year,
    ANYBODY would lose big money (to level stakes)

So doing the opposite with a bit of luck and discipline will yield better results.

• edited April 2014
    few other things,

I dont gamble for a living or anywhere near that level. I'm on the sick so I just afford myself some luxuries like sky sports and M+S chicken korma from small gains on poker/sports betting so I'm far from an expert.

Aside from horses if you have some in depth knowledge of other sports thats good too.
    Basically started this thread to see how my cricket tips went before the IPL / UK season (jurys out just now)
    Sports that I think would be good include golf, tennis and greyhounds but I dont know anything about them.

I think that betting on the exchanges as I do is far from a get rich quick scam, more a dour grind akin to 
    playing double ups in poker

if you hover over the decimal odds it should display them in fractions too
  • edited April 2014
    thanks for the advice mate, i wont be stealing racing post newspapers in town at 5.00 am so i will pass on that bit haha.
    yeah i know you can hover over the decimal but when you click on the the lay price and it goes in your betslip you can the opt to change the price and im not sure on what the decimals are worth in comparison to the fraction prices.
  • edited April 2014
    Santokie gone the distance :(

Pretty nervous here!!!!

Badree 1 wicket ok but not great, shud have a place locked in the leading wicket takers but would love him to get another 4 overs in the final!

Got to fancy the Lankan attack to defend 155, but they couldn't keep England under 190 so you never know!!!!

!!! 
  • edited April 2014
    Sammy comes in and i sit back in my chair waiting for fireworks.   Then it rains.  FFS !@evQW@fZ!!!!!!!!!!

ohhh well.

Wont be betting on tomorrow's semi.  To tough to call.   Just hope it stays dry.
  • edited April 2014
    Schoolboy error from me today, thought the 2 womens games were today and mens tomorrow.

Cant even watch highlights as I've seen the scorecard.

In the womens game England should crush SA tomorrow to face Australia in the final.
    If this happens my LOCK BET of the week will be Australia - most sixes.

Probably be long odds on but the Aussie players are far more robust.

Depending on the price I might be all in on betfair on this one.

Rock - Im not sure about swapping to decimals, for technical advice maybe try the forum
  • edited April 2014
    Sammy comes in and i sit back in my chair waiting for fireworks.   Then it rains.  FFS !@evQW@fZ!!!!!!!!!! ohhh well. Wont be betting on tomorrow's semi.  To tough to call.   Just hope it stays dry.
    Posted by 1267

Surely it's a nailed on Indian win??

SA have still never won an ICC knockout match and India's performances have been the most comprehensive of any team so far. And they're playing in neighbouring Bangladesh. India odds on for the match so I've gone for my old favourite:

India to hit the most sixes 1/1 with Sky Bet

So expect SA to lose in a super over after Dale Steyn hits three sixes off the last 3 balls to tie the game and overtake India's six count by one.

GG

• edited April 2014

ukerhyntfovw43y5389wqurcqymq8hwehntwovuynqc89nwowww8o9uo54983659v1c8j49018yn038y4r890v23c8892u

GRU!!!!!!!!!KJHDDTYHGESARTDYJSFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That is all.
  • edited April 2014
    Just about to go to bed in a fit of pique as theres no liquidity in the 'most sixes' market for the womens game.

Not all bad since I can watch it on sky+ and not suffer 30 minutes of adverts after each delivery.

Browsing oddschecker I found the market 'direction of 1st boundary'

Why???????????

My tip is - direction of 1st boundary - off side - 4/5  (winner bet) - 0.5pts

Imagine me saying the tip as Tony Greig - aaaaaawwwwwwwwffffff side

I don't have an account with that firm but its a tip nonetheless.
  • edited April 2014

And it's all over, great win for the Lankans in the end.

Had no bet on the final, but made a small profit on the tournie despite all my 'most sixes' losses cos did back SL to win outright @ 5/1 early on.