You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker diary...................Habbin a little luck

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Hey,

You may know me from meeting at the tables? Would like to know your views on me (maybe a PM? And I would recipricate. All for improvement on both fronts).

Firstly, hand above. Not the worst thing to do and villian dependant obviously but I think I sigh fold river. I think after raising pre and barreling all three streets, and with the bet sizing, I think we are behind more often than not. 

Second, as for planning cash sessions, I think its important to play when you feel relaxed and ready. As soon as you become distracted by anything then you need to stand and do something else. Even if its just reassing your session so far. For example you are ahead for the session and start to find yourself playing differently to preserve your lead because you know your coming off soon or vice versa, your behind and start playing more reclessly trying to recover or just on pure tilt. 

Ive done both and have gotten a lot better at just leaving when I know I'm not playing properly. Just tonight I was up on a lot of tables and I knew I was coming off in about half an hour but as soon as I realised I had just noticed this (sometimes your in the zone and just playing not really thinking of buyins and time) I just thought I need to quit now and not risk playing differently.

Good luck, and you are a mare to play against! :) 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Poker diary...................Habbin a mare!!!!!!!!!!:
    Hi Habbin, Good read and good luck with your games. I imagine we'll see each other at the tables a fair amount as I try to refocus back to playing NL10. The NL8/NL10 games have definitely seen an influx of new names that seem to be looser and adding a bit of action to this level, not sure what's caused that and it only seems to be the last couple of weeks but I hope it lasts! Re: the hand you posted, what sort of range do you put the villain on... you say he's tight and will fold a 3-bet which maybe suggests he's not the sort to be bluffing every street?  Not that I'd probably do much different here, unless 3-betting, but doesn't feel like there are many TAG value hands you're beating on turn and river?
    Posted by shakinaces

Hi shakinaces,

Thanks for your input.As we were 3 handed I felt he hand a lot of worse aces in his range that i wanted to keep in the hand, hence the call pre. By the river yeah i think im behind more often than not but i couldnt find the fold!! In hindsight im not beating much by the river but having said that it depends on his perception of me. I'm one of the looser players at 10nl so maybe he still bets a worse ace for value? not sure
  • edited March 2014
    Habbin great read hope both you and Cambridge succeed , as an ardent Peterborough utd supporter of 40+ years will be great to play you in the derbies which have definitely been missed
    Posted by poshcole
    Hi posh,

Thanks I cant wait for us to get back in to the league and hopefully it will be in may. Im really looking forward to the future cambridgeshire derbies but i fear that it will be a few years yet. In recent years we've had rivalries with stevenage, luton and histon to some extent but its not  the same.
  • edited March 2014
    Hey, You may know me from meeting at the tables? Would like to know your views on me (maybe a PM? And I would recipricate. All for improvement on both fronts). Firstly, hand above. Not the worst thing to do and villian dependant obviously but I think I sigh fold river. I think after raising pre and barreling all three streets, and with the bet sizing, I think we are behind more often than not.  Second, as for planning cash sessions, I think its important to play when you feel relaxed and ready. As soon as you become distracted by anything then you need to stand and do something else. Even if its just reassing your session so far. For example you are ahead for the session and start to find yourself playing differently to preserve your lead because you know your coming off soon or vice versa, your behind and start playing more reclessly trying to recover or just on pure tilt.  Ive done both and have gotten a lot better at just leaving when I know I'm not playing properly. Just tonight I was up on a lot of tables and I knew I was coming off in about half an hour but as soon as I realised I had just noticed this (sometimes your in the zone and just playing not really thinking of buyins and time) I just thought I need to quit now and not risk playing differently. Good luck, and you are a mare to play against! :) 
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Hi Craig thanks for posting.  Yeah im sure we've meet a few times at the tables and you are definitely one of the better players.  I'll be playing 10nl on here for at least another week all being well then hopefully back to 20nl if ive grown my bankroll enough.

I haven't really got too many notes on you yet but by the end of the week i should have you sussed out!!!! An exchange of pm's then would be cool.

Good luck

• edited March 2014
    Well after a frustrating time at the football ( we drew 1-1 and Barnet looked fairly decent) i managed a 2 1/2 hour session. Things went ok and i had a few interesting hands that i will post tomorrow. 

There seems to be plenty of value at 10nl with the odd decent reg mixed in.  It would be interesting to know how much said regs make if any of them would care to enlighten me that would be cool.  Not really sure what kind of win rate is achievable yet so it would be good to get some idea. I do understand if people want to keep this info to themselves though.

Day 4 + 28.65

total    + 89.67
  • edited March 2014
    Good luck with this, and good luck in the playoffs. As i support Leamington, have had decent interest in our local rivals Nuneatons attempt this season. Not sure how they have done so well - they are rubbish.
  • edited April 2014
    well time for an update. Things have gone seriously downhill!!!!! I didnt have time to play sunday due to life things.  Fishing didnt go too well, came 5th. Then had to go and see me old mum and give her a card etc so i didnt play until monday.

Monday was a complete nightmare. So many outdraws and bad beats it was unbelievable. It was doublely disappointing because the games were super soft but i just couldnt get my hands to hold. Having looked back through hand histories i think i really have to work on what ranges i put my opponents on.  The lucky limpers were out in force but i was failing to put them on the appropriate ranges but i feel now i am better placed to do so.

Tuesday was similar but i had a few coolers QQ VS KK AK VS QQ AK VS AA. I played two sesions and in the second i was starting to grind some decent stacks until i got AA and KK bust in big pots at the end of the session to post another loss.

So over the course of two days i have lost just over 12.5 BI's, some of which could have been avoided but also a lot of run bad. Hopefully today will but much better and i will get back to winning ways.

On a brighter note cambridge won away at Macclesfield last night so the playoff spot is now almost locked up.

Day 7 - 37.33

• edited April 2014
    I'm with you m8 in having a nightmare
    poker - lost all of my March profit in one horrible session. should have finished early to limit losses. usually can do it but not this time. never mind will get it back next time (hopefully)

Wrexham also lost against those pesky Mariners! At least Luton managed to turn around a losing position against Dartford and also Southport lost. Wrexham in freefall at moment. not liking it one bit. Macclesfield next - gulp!

Well done to Cambridge. you haven't lost in about what 6 games now? Southport next. Please beat them!!

Good luck at the tables
  • edited April 2014

Well last night was another losing night. Pretty much the same as the last few days really. My premium hands are struggling to hold and any other value hand seems to miss the flop by miles.

To be honest its been hard to stick with it but im definitely not going to give up just yet!!! Last night was the first time ive ever been totally disillusioned with the game and I could almost see why some people like to bemoan their luck in the chatbox. That was almost me until I snapped myself out of it.

It amazes me how many players call with junk oop and then go on to chase draws. Sadly for me they are making hands at the moment by the turn or river but in the long term this is going to be very good for me. I still feel that there is massive value in these games and im going to stay positive.

Day 8   -26.00
     Total   -63.33  

• edited April 2014
    A few hands that have become standard lately

Crumps Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.20
    habbin Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £13.90
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

Liamweez Call  £0.10 £0.25 £3.03
    theonene09 Fold     
    Swog Fold     
    Crumps Fold     
    habbin Raise  £0.40 £0.65 £13.50
    Liamweez Call  £0.40 £1.05 £2.63
    Flop

• J

habbin Bet  £0.79 £1.84 £12.71
    Liamweez All-in  £2.63 £4.47 £0.00
    habbin Call  £1.84 £6.31 £10.87
    habbin Show
    • A
    • A

Liamweez Show
    • J

Turn

River

• Q

Liamweez Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 7s £5.83  £5.83
  • edited April 2014
    tazdaz1 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £8.35
    GOLDGOOS3 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.82
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • K

ben110 Fold     
    dmarshall2 Call  £0.10 £0.25 £3.34
    habbin Raise  £0.50 £0.75 £11.50
    BYDANDY50 Call  £0.50 £1.25 £10.52
    tazdaz1 Fold     
    GOLDGOOS3 Call  £0.40 £1.65 £9.42
    dmarshall2 Call  £0.40 £2.05 £2.94
    Flop

• Q

GOLDGOOS3 Check     
    dmarshall2 Check     
    habbin Bet  £1.40 £3.45 £10.10
    BYDANDY50 Fold     
    GOLDGOOS3 Fold     
    dmarshall2 All-in  £2.94 £6.39 £0.00
    habbin Call  £1.54 £7.93 £8.56
    dmarshall2 Show
    • K
    • Q

habbin Show
    • Q
    • K

Turn

River

dmarshall2 Win Flush to the King £7.33  £7.33
  • edited April 2014
    Swog Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £17.08
    habbin Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £12.01
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

CraigSG1 Fold     
    swordsman Fold     
    flamingo Fold     
    rk1990 Fold     
    Swog Raise  £0.25 £0.40 £16.83
    habbin Call  £0.20 £0.60 £11.81
    Flop

• A
    • Q

Swog Bet  £0.30 £0.90 £16.53
    habbin Call  £0.30 £1.20 £11.51
    Turn

• K

Swog Bet  £0.70 £1.90 £15.83
    habbin Call  £0.70 £2.60 £10.81
    River

Swog Bet  £1.40 £4.00 £14.43
    habbin Raise  £3.00 £7.00 £7.81
    Swog Call  £1.60 £8.60 £12.83
    habbin Show
    • A
    • K

Swog Show

Swog Win Three 9s £7.95  £20.78
  • edited April 2014
    habbin Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £24.13
    lordgee12 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.90
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

suhow Fold     
    YoYo999 Fold     
    waplingt10 Raise  £0.20 £0.35 £9.04
    ben170583 Fold     
    habbin Raise  £0.65 £1.00 £23.48
    lordgee12 Fold     
    waplingt10 Call  £0.50 £1.50 £8.54
    Flop

habbin Bet  £1.00 £2.50 £22.48
    waplingt10 Call  £1.00 £3.50 £7.54
    Turn

• Q

habbin Bet  £1.75 £5.25 £20.73
    waplingt10 Call  £1.75 £7.00 £5.79
    River

habbin Check     
    waplingt10 All-in  £5.79 £12.79 £0.00
    habbin Call  £5.79 £18.58 £14.94
    habbin Show
    • K
    • K

waplingt10 Show
    • K

waplingt10 Win Flush to the King £17.18
    I think I could have folded the river on the last one to be honest. I don't think many players at this level are ever representing the flush draw. More a call out of frustration really.
  • edited April 2014
    I'm with you m8 in having a nightmare poker - lost all of my March profit in one horrible session. should have finished early to limit losses. usually can do it but not this time. never mind will get it back next time (hopefully) Wrexham also lost against those pesky Mariners! At least Luton managed to turn around a losing position against Dartford and also Southport lost. Wrexham in freefall at moment. not liking it one bit. Macclesfield next - gulp! Well done to Cambridge. you haven't lost in about what 6 games now? Southport next. Please beat them!! Good luck at the tables
    Posted by walesboy
    Thanks mate.

Im sure we'll do a number on southport for you. Fwiw I think Wrexham will be ok this season there's at least four worst teams in the league.

Good luck at the tables
  • edited April 2014
    Today has been a very slight improve on the last few days with a small profit of just over a BI.  Very disappointing really but at least its a step in the right direction.  Nothing interesting to report really just plenty of run bad.

DAY 9  +  11.84

Total   -   51.49
  • edited April 2014
    Good result for us last night with 2 of the teams challenging for play offs drawing. Tough game for us away at Kidderminster tomorrow, if we win that then I strongly believe we can pip you for 2nd by the end of the season. Tbh I would settle for just a play off place anyway and def wanna avoid your lot in the semis. Squeaky bum time.......who are you looking to avoid??
  • edited April 2014
    Good result for us last night with 2 of the teams challenging for play offs drawing. Tough game for us away at Kidderminster tomorrow, if we win that then I strongly believe we can pip you for 2nd by the end of the season. Tbh I would settle for just a play off place anyway and def wanna avoid your lot in the semis. Squeaky bum time.......who are you looking to avoid??
    Posted by waller02

Very much doubt if anyone will be pipping us to second mate ;0).

We've got three pretty straight forward home games but i would say that we could drop points at kiddy, Gateshead and maybe lincoln. I think that we will finish on around 84-87 pts which means you would need at least 19pts from 8 games to over take us, a pretty tough ask.

Form teams such as Halifax or grimsby would be on the top of my list to avoid. Gateshead would be a pain because of the traveling. So i wouldnt mind Braintree, Alfreton, Barnet or maybe Kiddy.

The only concern i have is our lack of available strikers, so we really need Barnes-Homer to come good quickly!!!
  • edited April 2014
    So today has been a little better at last.  Started off this afternoon with a decent session ending up about 3 BI's to the good. Then this evening and tonight i've played a couple of shortish sessions only adding a few quid to the pot.

Premium hands still seem to be a problem for me.  The lucky limpers seem to have the knack of cracking them at the moment but im sure its just a matter of time before they hold up.  Overall im feeling much more positive and i hope the worst is now behind me.

Day 10   + 32.59

Total      -  18.90
  • edited April 2014
    So today has been a little better at last.  Started off this afternoon with a decent session ending up about 3 BI's to the good. Then this evening and tonight i've played a couple of shortish sessions only adding a few quid to the pot. Premium hands still seem to be a problem for me.  The lucky limpers seem to have the knack of cracking them at the moment but im sure its just a matter of time before they hold up.  Overall im feeling much more positive and i hope the worst is now behind me. Day 10   + 32.59 Total      -  18.90
    Posted by habbin

What was it you was saying about premium hands?

I think at the moment one needs to be very careful with the way that you play a premium hand because i echo your sentiment and are beginning to realise why somebody else ranted previously about this very subject because tonight I have been dealt the premium hand of AA's and been outdrawn on both occasions - even to the point where I even decided against playing a pair of JJ's when somebody raised before it was my turn to act.

GL with your bankroll challenge - my one though is at an end - I've had a rotten run of bad luck since thursday and have seen a balance of £2.20 at it's highest, demolished into 20p tonight (mind you also not helped by me entering into 60p DYM and coming 6/6).

• edited April 2014
    Hi Habbin, good to see you getting a bit of traction with the bankroll.

The premiums have been my curse of late and need a bit of a rethink.  I don't know if the same applies to you, but a lot of the time I find I get way more 'married' to them when I'm playing against a weaker player.

When I'm facing a reg and they are calling down (or raising me back) I can quite happily release AA/KK on dangerous looking boards and move on to the next hand - but when playing the sort of player that has been in every hand for the last hour and regularly called down the streets with no pair / no draw only to show up with a binked pair on the river... well my mind finds it hard to concede that, say, KK is not going to be good on an A-high flop.

It almost feels like I'm stationing myself in these sort of hands - but then again perhaps it is still right to be betting every street for value and only short-term variance makes the premiums seem 'cursed'?
  • edited April 2014
                      MASSIVE DOWNSWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest i've never felt so down about poker. I've never had such a sustained period of negative variance in my poker life. Just when i think that i've turned the corner it's out-draw after out-draw, suck out after suck out!! I'm down almost 20BI's in just over a week at 10nl which to my mind is unbelievable. Yeah along the way i've made a few mistakes which i hope i've learnt from but in the main its negative variance over and over again and to be honest im not sure that i can be bothered to carry on. There's only so many times someone can turn a straight/flush against a made set or top two, its now getting to the point where it's becoming unbelievable.

To make things even more frustrating the games have been very soft but how do you exploit the lucky limpers, the callers with junk oop and the poor regs if they  continually catch cards? I just dont know where to go from here. 

If any regs read this and have got some good advice on how to deal with a serious downswing then please do comment, any input would be very welcome.

Going forward

I think i'll give cash one more day and then decide from there what to do. I'm thinking that if i dont feel any better about it after tomorrow then i'll give it a break and just grind some low level Dym's. I've been fairly successful at these over the years and had a couple of those gold star thingy's a little while back. The thing is i dont enjoy playing them as much as cash. The other options would be heads up sngs which i haven't played for years really so i would have to brush up on strategy or tournaments which i have little experience in. So lots to think about.

Maybe i just can't beat cash anymore? i dont know but the last few month's cash wise have been poor compared to the previous few years so i'm starting to wonder.

Day   13    -88.00

total         -106.90

• edited April 2014
    Some good tournie's 7:15 and 7:45 deepstacks, nice structures with about 100 runners. £1/£2 buy ins.

If you are playing MTT's throw in the freeroll, always the chance of a seat into a big tournie.

HU Sit and Go's are quite decent on here, really soft and the rake is only 5% at £1 and above, so easily beatable.

Mix it up a bit as well as just cash.

How many tables do you play?

Maybe drop 1 (or 2) till your confidence is back up again. Post hand's in the clinic if you are looking for feedback or in here.

I would say don't post coolers, or certainly if you are infrequently. It's not going to help if every time you come in here all you see is losing hands. Don't dwell on them just move on.

The AK hand above, defo 3 bet that pre flop, where villain had 92.

• edited April 2014
    Hi. 

A few suggestions for you as someone who has  had a BR challenge and suffered the same as you at cash. 

1/ drop the amount of tables. Play four at the most, if you play four then play three. Concentrate on watching players, be disciplined in your hand selection and play pos as much as pos. 

2/ don't be afraid to fold pre/post flop. Eg. Raise UTG with KQ, get three bet, fold. Yes you could be passing best hand but your going to be OOP and without the lead. 

3/ always reasses you plan for the hand in every street

4/ be patient!! Not saying be a nit but look to play in position and raise/call with hands that suit each situation. Don't raise 65s into just one player OOP because it looks pretty. Play these multiway. Try not to call raises against just one person with these as well. Your not going to hit often and when you do they invariable have little anyway. 

5/ start slowly when you first start playing while your mind warms up! It's hard to just jump in straight away

Good luck 
  • edited April 2014
    Maybe changing the thread title to something more positive.
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Habbin,

I saw you play the other day in the evening and you seemed pretty solid to me. The hands you posted are all pretty standard bar the last one where you say you could've folded and I probs 3bet the AK then 92 folds.
    e
    There seems to be many of us trying NL10 challenges at the moment, including myself:)

Craig posted some good advice. I generally play no more than 2 tables when feeling like this. I religiously make notes whenever I can to keep myself busy. That stops me splashing around with random rubbish through boredom. If I feel in the slightest that I am about to go on tilt or am tilting because my AA and KK's keep getting busted I just shut all tables and leave. I may be being a bit presumptuous but judging from your posts tilt is what seems to have caused most of the buy in losses as those hands posted aren't 100BB's in many cases. I would check your hand histories and try and analyse where things go wrong. If it seems you are losing money hand over fist with overpairs can you do things like slow down, check 1 street rather than feel the need to barrel all 3. That way you lose less when sucked out and still win a nice pot if they're good.

Good luck and hope things turn round for you:)
  • edited April 2014
    Thanks craig and freshfish for your sound advice, i've taken most of it on board and there are certainly areas of my game that need work.

One thing at 10nl that baffles me is when weak/fishy players and some regs shove when they have the nuts. There seems to be little thought of how to get value for their hand at all. This is something that has certainly caught me out a few times because to me it looks bluffy. I mean why shove the turn after hittng top set, a straight or the nut flush , this to me is generally missing value. Of course there are times when you need to protect your hand but this is something that i have highlighted after going back through my hand history and i have definetly called off way to many value shoves as it were.

A slightly better day

Today has been a slight improvement on recent days, i've managed to lay down several big hands to value shoves which i believe were the correct plays on the day and in turn managed to win just over 4 BI's.

It's been somewhat of a roller-coaster to be honest with the day being split up into four sessions. The first session was largely uneventful i finished just up. The second session was tidy and i gained some momentum only to lose it in the third to a series of out draws. Finally tonight i caught a couple of big hands and made a bit of profit so i'm feeling a bit better about things now.

Again there was plenty of value at the tables and i believe there is certainly good money to be won if i can be disciplined and manage to fold when i'm behind and not let the busting of my beloved aces tilt me!!!!

Day  14    + 44.72

Total        -62.18

• edited April 2014
    Thanks craig and freshfish for your sound advice, i've taken most of it on board and there are certainly areas of my game that need work. One thing at 10nl that baffles me is when weak/fishy players and some regs shove when they have the nuts. There seems to be little thought of how to get value for their hand at all. This is something that has certainly caught me out a few times because to me it looks bluffy. I mean why shove the turn after hittng top set, a straight or the nut flush , this to me is generally missing value. Of course there are times when you need to protect your hand but this is something that i have highlighted after going back through my hand history and i have definetly called off way to many value shoves as it were. A slightly better day Today has been a slight improvement on recent days, i've managed to lay down several big hands to value shoves which i believe were the correct plays on the day and in turn managed to win just over 4 BI's. It's been somewhat of a roller-coaster to be honest with the day being split up into four sessions. The first session was largely uneventful i finished just up. The second session was tidy and i gained some momentum only to lose it in the third to a series of out draws. Finally tonight i caught a couple of big hands and made a bit of profit so i'm feeling a bit better about things now. Again there was plenty of value at the tables and i believe there is certainly good money to be won if i can be disciplined and manage to fold when i'm behind and not let the busting of my beloved aces tilt me!!!! Day  14     + 44.72 Total        -62.18
    Posted by habbin
    Kinda contradict yourself somewhat. You question why people shove the nuts yet admit to paying them off regularly!

FWIW, if we shove the nuts (or effective nuts), we don't always need to get called to make it a profitable play. Plus factor in the bluffy/polarising element, and the fact we should be looking for maximum value when nutted, its always better to go bigger.
  • edited April 2014
    I think the best thing you can do is make some notes on how you see players (whether so call fish or regs) play nut hands. If you notice the same thing more than once it usually means that they will do this all of the time at this level. VS some people its a snap fold if they raise (can think of a few but can't name obviously), and others its a snap call. I've found note taking to be so much useful at microstakes than when I've played higher as players generally stick to the same approach whenever they play particular hands.

Player A may always check call draws and 2ndP or weaker style hands but never semibluff. He may raise aggressively with TP+ hands. This kind of note taking is far more useful at NL10 and less useful higher up as players vary their play.

Player B may only shove on a 2tone board and you find this to be a flush draw. If you see him do this twice or more it's a pretty good read.

As I said earlier, bottom line is (as far I am noticing is anyway) that many of these players stick religiously to a given style and set betting patterns that if you get them noted these decision you're having trouble with become much easier.

Wd yesterday and hope it continues:)
  • edited April 2014
    I think the best thing you can do is make some notes on how you see players (whether so call fish or regs) play nut hands. If you notice the same thing more than once it usually means that they will do this all of the time at this level. VS some people its a snap fold if they raise (can think of a few but can't name obviously), and others its a snap call. I've found note taking to be so much useful at microstakes than when I've played higher as players generally stick to the same approach whenever they play particular hands. Player A may always check call draws and 2ndP or weaker style hands but never semibluff. He may raise aggressively with TP+ hands. This kind of note taking is far more useful at NL10 and less useful higher up as players vary their play. Player B may only shove on a 2tone board and you find this to be a flush draw. If you see him do this twice or more it's a pretty good read. As I said earlier, bottom line is (as far I am noticing is anyway) that many of these players stick religiously to a given style and set betting patterns that if you get them noted these decision you're having trouble with become much easier. Wd yesterday and hope it continues:)
    Posted by freshfish1

Just to clarify i'm not paying off the same people over and over again. I am very much a note taker and after a few hands i generally have a good feel for someones play, the comments above were more of a generalisation of the play i have encountered over the last few days and i certainly dont remember spazzing off too many BI's to the same players.

I guess as much as anything it's been a tilt thing, where i've flopped a made hand and i cant believe random x, y and z have all turned a better hand and i've paid them off surely sometimes its going to be a semi bluff!!! Just variance i guess.

For me i'm not too sure shoving the nuts in a cash game on the flop and sometimes on the turn( taking in to account the stack to pot ratio) is going to be that profitable surely the villian is going to need a very strong holding to call us and we are missing a ton of value from weaker holdings.  Just my thoughts fwiw.

Hopefully today will be another successful one and i can keep the momentum going. Right im off to the tables now thanks for reading and contributing.

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Poker diary...................Habbin a mare!!!!!!!!!! : Just to clarify i'm not paying off the same people over and over again. I am very much a note taker and after a few hands i generally have a good feel for someones play, the comments above were more of a generalisation of the play i have encountered over the last few days and i certainly dont remember spazzing off too many BI's to the same players. I guess as much as anything it's been a tilt thing, where i've flopped a made hand and i cant believe random x, y and z have all turned a better hand and i've paid them off surely sometimes its going to be a semi bluff!!! Just variance i guess. For me i'm not too sure shoving the nuts in a cash game on the flop and sometimes on the turn( taking in to account the stack to pot ratio) is going to be that profitable surely the villian is going to need a very strong holding to call us and we are missing a ton of value from weaker holdings.  Just my thoughts fwiw. Hopefully today will be another successful one and i can keep the momentum going. Right im off to the tables now thanks for reading and contributing.  
    Posted by habbin
    Oh yeah, if there is like a fiver in the middle and someone just shoves their £20 stack in on the flop with the nuts, that is dubious in some instances.

I was more leaning towards turn/river play. If we get to the river with the effective nuts, having been called down, and there is £30 in the middle for example and we have £40 behind....we could 'value' bet £13-£18 or w/e, or we could ship the lot in and see what happens ;)