You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Duck the Bounty Hunter

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Punching ducks is just wrong
    Pigeons however...
  • edited September 2014
    ok mate, well you know my target is £1040
    as i'm almost on £340+ £10 to come,  so if you deposit £50 i'll have a  £300 head start on you,  so you have to reach £750, which makes it evens stevens :)
    yes, who ever is leading at xmas(minus my £300 head start),  or makes their target first is the winner, sounds good to me.

I don't think dym's is your best bet as i've said playing just 1 table, but that's only my opinion, not to say you couldn't win/make money from them, but it's going to be tough as i only win by playing plenty of games per session/month.(and have had lots & lots of practice too  :) so i can usually get a win from playing only 6 games or so, if i choose to) ie; 'booking the win'  lol

i think b/hunters(£5.75 are fine at £80-£100), are there cheaper ones say £3.30 or so you could play to start off, i don't know?
    ps; just checked... there are £2.30 ones but are mainly 'speed' b/h so not sure if they are much good to you.
    also there are the 'deep stack' tournaments starting from £2.20 i think, which might be good for you)

cash is another option as you say but will you be able to keep your discipline & stay at nl4 for long? i doubt it  lol
    anyway, you probably have already made your mind up as to what you are going to play, so let battle commence...
    and may the best man/woman win, ha ha

GOOD LUCK DUCKS, quack quack,
    (*  *)
       ^
    dev

• edited September 2014
    I don't know what else I can do Dev, I severely risk losing my BR if I jump straight into just BHs and I really don't want to do that.
    I don't mind building slowly, this isn't my "get rich quick scheme!" and I'm happy playing 1 sometimes 2 tables, I'm not a multi-tabler and don't want to be. So just gonna see how it goes...
    There are £3.30 BHs but think it's just in the mornings, so I can play those at the weekend...I'm not interested in Deepstacks though.

PS. You're probably right about the cash tables!
  • edited September 2014
    Have you tried 6max SNGs - not as much volume but for a 1 or 2 tabler like me they can be a quicker way of building bankroll.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £-:
    Have you tried 6max SNGs - not as much volume but for a 1 or 2 tabler like me they can be a quicker way of building bankroll.
    Posted by Phantom66
    OK Phantom I'll give them a go :)
    Cheers!
  • edited September 2014
    One final shot at the DYM Spin-Up!
    Spin-up go No. 10 in progress ~ Levels 1 & 2 complete :)
  • edited September 2014
    Punching ducks is just wrong Pigeons however...
    Posted by Jac35
    What about a firm nudge off the table?
  • edited September 2014
    i think the 5p/5p cash tables are better than nl4 & might be worth giving a go.
    thought the £2.20 'deep stack' would give you a nice return for your money, & have a good structure, especially as you usually play just the 1 table, but i guess they aren't for everyone.
    yeah, dym's are a good safe way to build a roll, i'm thinking playing 1 table you could go days without seeing much progress though, but you clearly enjoy playing them so i hope you prove me wrong.
    those 6max SNG's which Phantom mentions, are they where the top 2 cash?
    i think so, so yeah, could be good, if Phantom is playing them & winning then deffo worth a try.
    gl
    dev

• edited September 2014
    Level's 3 & 4 complete!
  • edited September 2014
    i think the 5p/5p cash tables are better than nl4 & might be worth giving a go. thought the £2.20 'deep stack' would give you a nice return for your money, & have a good structure, especially as you usually play just the 1 table, but i guess they aren't for everyone. yeah, dym's are a good safe way to build a roll, i'm thinking playing 1 table you could go days without seeing much progress though, but you clearly enjoy playing them so i hope you prove me wrong. those 6max SNG's which Phantom mentions, are they where the top 2 cash? i think so, so yeah, could be good, if Phantom is playing them & winning then deffo worth a try. gl dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    hmmmmmmm?

seriously though plenty of good reasons for playing them (rake being one at low stakes).

I did a dym v 6max challenge a while back.

Might give you some inspiration.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a5065565b-7394-4aed-adbb-31c5f168b7ea
  • edited September 2014

Duck.

Keep punting !

20nl not 50nl though.
  • edited September 2014
    Duck. Keep punting ! 20nl not 50nl though.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    DOHHHHHHHH has nailed it. Your game is way good enough for NL20. and if you have a bad run that's the time to switch back to sngs.
  • edited September 2014
    Completed Level 5 & 6! :D
    Now back to work ~ Boooooooo!
    No fighting while I'm away!!
    xx
  • edited September 2014
    I wasn't playing here when you did your 100 dym & 6max challenge Phantom, so had no knowledge of it until now.
    not sure why the hmmmmmmmmmm?
    i was simply making a point that you were winning at them, nothing else was inferred, & might be worth Ducks giving them a go.

• edited September 2014
    I wasn't playing here when you did your 100 dym & 6max challenge Phantom, so had no knowledge of it until now. not sure why the hmmmmmmmmmm? i was simply making a point that you were winning at them, nothing else was inferred, & might be worth Ducks giving them a go.
    Posted by devonfish5
    No worries dev i wasnt taking offence just pointing out that it could be read another way in an attempt at humour. Doesn't always come off though. 
  • edited September 2014
    no worries mate,
    if i was trying to be funny(humourous), just so we are clear on that :) i could do a much better job, i think.
    i think you are doing great in building your bankroll so keep it up.
    best wishes,
    dev
  • edited September 2014
    Duck. Keep punting ! 20nl not 50nl though.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    :)
    Thanks DOHHHH, although I paddle more than punt I think! ;)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £- : DOHHHHHHHH has nailed it. Your game is way good enough for NL20. and if you have a bad run that's the time to switch back to sngs.
    Posted by GELDY
    Awwww, I'm chuffed you think I'm way good enough!! Thanks Geldy :)
    Can't play NL20 with a £50BR though...surely? :(
  • edited September 2014
    October doesn't start till I'm done with the DYM Spin-Up!
    Hopefully I'll get a chance to play the £16.50 DYM tomorrow :)
    G-night all, run well.
  • edited October 2014
    Awwww, I'm chuffed you think I'm way good enough!! Thanks Geldy :)
    Can't play NL20 with a £50BR though...surely? :(

Yes you can...as long as you win  :)
    seriously, no you can't if you are on a serious bankroll mission & aren't planning on going busto anytime soon.

run good in your dym challenge today Ducks...
    quack quack -:)

ps, watched your £5 dym y'day, as i was just starting out... thought you played aggresive & well, just saw one little chink i think, when near the end it went ch ch, ch ch, bet  fold, you were second to act,& there were chips in the middle,then opponent bet on river, you folded, i think a small bet from you after his ch on turn  would have taken it down, but it's only my opinion though &  I could be wrong, but maybe something to try next time in same scenario.

• edited October 2014
    Mrs Duck

I really wouldn't worry too much about the brm thing.
    We're not pros. We want to enjoy our poker. Why not just play the games that you can afford and the games that you want to play?
    If you've got £110 in your account and want to play the roller, play it.
    We can always reload.
    Don't like to see you sounding stressed.
    Happy Mrs Duck is wonderful.
  • edited October 2014
    Agree with jac, don't think brm is your thing tbh & it might seriously effect the games you play, & stop you from playing the games you might otherwise have played.
    it's all about enjoyment & winning obviously is paramount, but are you seriously thinking of nl4?
    I like your dym challenge idea though & can see why you keep playing that, why not continue with that but have a stop point in place, at level 6 or 7 for example, & take the win & start again? might be something you haven't thought about.
    anyway, hope October is great for you, whatever you play,
    dev
  • edited October 2014
    Completed Levels 7 & 8!!!
    Duck me! :D
  • edited October 2014
    Completed Levels 7 & 8!!! Duck me! :D
    Posted by mrsduck
    well played Ducks... i was there cheering you on..quietly :)
     come on you £33  wooohooo
  • edited October 2014
    yeeha
    rocking & rolling

smart idea by dev to cash it in and start again though. 
    Not half as exciting as going for the win but depends on challenge vs Bankroll considerations. 
  • edited October 2014
    Think I'm going to have to wait till later for the £33.00! ~ No tables running now!
    Thanks for the comments Dev and Geldy, ps. Dev I was thinking the exact same thing about the £5.50 game and that hand!
    PPS. First time I've got to click the "high" button in the DYMs weeeeee :) and never played above £22.00 so quite excited!
  • edited October 2014
    WILL SHE OR WON'T SHE?  LOL
  • edited October 2014

WHAT TIME YOU BACK LATER QUACKS?

I'D LIKE TO WATCH :)
  • edited October 2014
    Am waiting now 3 regged but if it doesn't fill up by 17.20 I'll de-reg, not sure about later, you'll have to keep an eye out! ;)
  • edited October 2014
    ducky time to stop
    NOW

just thought of the best way forward imho.

You stop at level 8 this time. 
    The next times you play you continue to level 9 before quitting. 
    and then level 10 etc.