You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Duck the Bounty Hunter

Comments

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £9.70:
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £9.70 : Cheers fa1lacy! Completed level 3 earlier, sneaking in some play time between working. Hopefully will get time to play a few levels tomorrow avo. Working a lot at the moment so the challenge is going slowly!
    Posted by mrsduck

No worries. I remember an epic run once, was in the £11 one, was chip leader throughout and on the bubble, then 2 premium hands got beat by worse one after the other and it all came to an abrupt end!

• edited September 2014
    Couldn't sleep...completed level 4 :)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £9.70:
    Couldn't sleep...completed level 4 :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    Keep going!
  • edited September 2014
    Spin-Up Go No. 2 completed ~ Lost level 6
    Finding that level really really tough, need to work on that big-time!
    - £0.80

Last months PPs were credited yesterday ~ + £11.58 so current bankroll is
    BR £20.48

3rd time lucky? :)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £20.48:
    Spin-Up Go No. 2 completed ~ Lost level 6 Finding that level really really tough, need to work on that big-time! - £0.80 Last months PPs were credited yesterday ~ + £11.58 so current bankroll is BR £20.48 3rd time lucky? :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    Is that the £11 level? Don't worry, most go wrong there, after all your games before, the adrenaline starts pumping and then.. Oh back to the start! Nevermind. I actually do the challenge these days going 30p, then 55p HU, then on to the 60p and beyond. 
  • edited September 2014
    Spin-Up Go No. 3 completed ~ Lost level 1!
    AK vs JJ aipf
    - £0.60

BR £19.88

Try again tomorrow...back to work now, so tired!!
  • edited September 2014
    Quack  Quack  Quack...

3rd time lucky  :)
  • edited September 2014
    Spin-Up Go No. 4 completed ~ Lost level 4
    AK vs JQ aipf

- £0.30

BR £19.58

Challenge not going so great so far! Sniffff :(
  • edited September 2014
    Spin-Up Go No. 5 is in progress ~ levels 1 & 2 complete.
    Slow and steady...! :/

Back tomorrow, have a good weekend everyone!
  • edited September 2014
    Quack Quack Ducks.  :)
  • edited September 2014
    Spin-Up Go No. 5 completed ~ Lost level 4 AGAIN!!
    :(

aipf A9 vs A10
    - £0.30

BR £19.28

Feeling a bit disillusioned sniff!
  • edited September 2014
    Needed a break from DYMs so played a £5.75 Speed BH and lost...doh!

- £5.75
    BR £13.53
  • edited September 2014
    Played another £5.75 Speed BH and won...weee! :)

£38.00 + £27.81 head prizes, so ~ + £60.06
    BR £73.59

Not sure if I should include this or discard this in the challenge? I did say I wouldn't play any MTTs! :/
  • edited September 2014
    Week 1

Ok, the first week is over, this challenge is tough!
    Had 5 attempts at the DYM spin-up.
    Lost at level 1 once, level 4 three times and level 6 once. So a grand total of
    - £2.30
    Not very pleased with this...I need to be getting to level 7 in order to tip that minus into a plus!
    I got
    + £11.58 PP from last month
    Played an array of Freerolls throughout the week and not managed a single cash!
    Went off challenge today and played a few MTTs...it was a really welcome break! But back to the Spin-up tomorrow :)
    + £25.31

BR going into Week 2 £44.59 108PP let's do it!
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £44.59:
    Week 1 Ok, the first week is over, this challenge is tough! Had 5 attempts at the DYM spin-up. Lost at level 1 once, level 4 three times and level 6 once. So a grand total of - £2.30 Not very pleased with this...I need to be getting to level 7 in order to tip that minus into a plus! I got + £11.58 PP from last month Played an array of Freerolls throughout the week and not managed a single cash! Went off challenge today and played a few MTTs...it was a really welcome break! But back to the Spin-up tomorrow :) + £25.31 BR going into Week 2 £44.59 108PP let's do it!
    Posted by mrsduck
    If you can multitable sufficiently well I'd play 1-4 (or more) at the same time. It's much quicker obv but also means a fail in the challenge is not necessarily a negative BR result.

Congrats on your MTT win
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £44.59 : If you can multitable sufficiently well I'd play 1-4 (or more) at the same time. It's much quicker obv but also means a fail in the challenge is not necessarily a negative BR result. Congrats on your MTT win
    Posted by bbMike
    Hey Mike, my ancient laptop won't allow me to play more than 2 tables and often freezes up and dies with just 2 running so I only ever play 1 at a time, 2 in an emergency lol!
    So gonna have to continue as is for the foreseeable future! Also my Ducky brain couldn't concentrate on more than 2 haha :( 
    Thanks for stopping by xx
  • edited September 2014
    mrsduck hope u  get a nice winning season on double your bankroll.
  • edited September 2014
    mrsduck hope u  get a nice winning season on double your bankroll.
    Posted by somecards1
    Hi somecards!
    I like the sound of a nice winning season...how about Autumn? :)
    Run good xx
  • edited September 2014
    Freebet on England tonight, gl meeee!
  • edited September 2014
    Played another tourney...smack on the wrist! an £11 BH ~ I'm playing much better after a weeks break from MTTs so that's good :)
    + £32.03
    *Played another - £11.00

BR £65.62

Spin-Up Go No. 6 is in progress ~ Level 1 complete ;)
    *Level 2 complete too!

Working 9 - 9 tomorrow, so back weds, flop well everyone!
  • edited September 2014
    Great going Ducky....

keep it up, wp.  :) 

thought you might like this one Mrs Duck...
    not done by me but nice all the same.

• edited September 2014
    Aww Dev he's sososo cuuuuuute :D
  • edited September 2014
    Hi all...still on my slight challenge hiatus!

I played a few BHs yesterday avo, won a few quid then lost a few more and ended up with exactly £50.00 in my account. I couldn't stop looking at it and thinking 50NLLLLLLL CASH TAAAAABLE which is my prefered level at cash. So at about 10pm I sat at a table with two names I didn't recognise, the table quickly filled up and it was immediately clear that everyone was either recs, drunk or just fricking crazy and I started forming my big plan of exploiting them for all their pennies ~ about 15 mins later I found myself with about £12.00 and not a hope in hell of recovering and what made it worse was each of the recs had slipped away quietly from the table and I suddenly found myself sat with some seriously solid regs...Ludacris, SJspanky1, BluOne, zinfan, Lambert180, although Lambert only stayed for about an orbit.

Looking down at a tenner and no opportunity to reload, and all these players I felt a bit foolish and wasn't sure if I should jump ship and get back to my DYM spin-up or not, when very generously I got dealt AA and BluOne was kind enough to double me up, and then within the orbit I got dealt AA again and Ludacris was kind enough to double me up, and then shortly after I got dealt KK and Ludacris was kind enough to call me with QQ, and then I got dealt AA AGAIN! and SJspanky1 couldn't believe I had it once more and was kind enough to double me up for the final time... :D

AA three times in 10 minutes and each time it held AND a full double up!
    Sky is defo rigged fo sho!!

So healthy BR £121.99 :)
  • edited September 2014
    Well that's a spin up if ever I saw one.  £10 to £120 in 10 mins!
    Challenge complete.  Next..
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £121.99:
    Well that's a spin up if ever I saw one.  £10 to £120 in 10 mins! Challenge complete.  Next..
    Posted by Jac35
    Just checked the HHs it was 13 minutes...still, not bad!
    Back on the DYM challenge now, currently playing level 4 :)
  • edited September 2014
    Levels 3, 4 and 5 completed :D
  • edited September 2014
    The best thing about the DYM spin-up challenge is going to the Sit & Go lobby clicking on Double Your Money and slowly and steadily getting to click the buttons from Micro to Low to Medium.
    Getting to Level 6 and being able to click on the Medium button feels like such a HUGE achievement!
    Hopefully before the end of the month I'll get the opportunity to click on the High button and play there!

:)
  • edited September 2014
    Spin-Up Go No. 6 complete ~ Lost Level 6 SIGHHHHHH - £0.80

Played a £5.75 BH too today - £5.75
    Another Ducky Double and a half! Played 50NL for just over half an hour. Killed KK with K10 and JJ with AQ ~ happy days! + £83.39

BR £198.83

Back to work now, see you all tomorrow :)
  • edited September 2014
    Way to go Ducky...

QUACK  QUACK.  :)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £198.83:
    Way to go Ducky... QUACK  QUACK.  :)
    Posted by devonfish5
    Cheers Dev :)