You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Duck the Bounty Hunter

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Played another hour of cash + £51.37 :)
    Something was telling me I was starting to push my luck so I've quit for now!

Currently in an £11 BH, but I'm towards the end of the pack so not holding out much hope! I'll update BR when I'm finished.
  • edited September 2014
    Bubbled! :(

BR £239.20
    :D
  • edited September 2014
    B/R'S LOOKING GREAT Mrs D.

Quack  Quack  :)
  • edited September 2014
    A rollercoaster 24hrs!

A bit tipsy, I fired up a cash table about 10.30pm last night! Lost some pounds, topped up, lost some more. A short while later, rivered two pairs and was convinced oppo had a big overpair so shoved on him, he had air and only rivered a backdoor flush! So well done to him and - £96.30 to me ouch!

Played a little more cash this morning for + £28.08 and a £5.75 Speed BH. Got myself a straight flush and a couple of HPs but didn't cash in the end - £1.53

This avo I played two £22 BHs. Came 2nd and 1st!! :D So all totted up a big + £246.25
    Really pleased with my play this week in every respect, it's nice to be winning again...obviously it's nothing to do with all the AAs I've been dealt! ;)

Don't know if I've ever won a tourney with AA before ~ :)
    ALSO - Extremely smug to have knocked out chicknMelt hehee
    BR £415.70

SwineFlu Small blind   500.00 500.00 13960.00
    mrsduck Big blind   1000.00 1500.00 44540.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

SwineFlu Call   500.00 2000.00 13460.00
    mrsduck All-in   44540.00 46540.00 0.00
    SwineFlu All-in   13460.00 60000.00 0.00
    mrsduck Unmatched bet   31080.00 28920.00 31080.00
    SwineFlu Show
    • Q

mrsduck Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

Turn

River

mrsduck Win Two Pairs, Aces and 3s 28920.00   60000.00
  • edited September 2014

WOW....

WAY TO GO DUCKS...  GREAT PLAY

QUACK  QUACK  :)
  • edited September 2014
    Awesome results
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £415.70:
    Awesome results
    Posted by hagisboy
    Thanks hagis!
  • edited September 2014
    WOW.... WAY TO GO DUCKS...  GREAT PLAY QUACK  QUACK  :)
    Posted by devonfish5
    Thanks for your unending support Dev! x
  • edited September 2014
    Dropped another - £95.00 on cash last night tskkkkk. Note to self don't play tipsy and in I'm untouchable mode!!
    Also just played 2 Speed BHs and lost both - £11.50

Week 2

Ok, the second week is over!
    Had just 1 attempt at the DYM spin-up. Bad duck! Lost at level 6 so
    - £0.80
    Went off challenge for most of the week playing lots of cash and a few MTTs, played really really well, very pleased with my performances, especially my 1st place in the £22 BH! and gained an impressive + £266.11 to my BR.
    Having a mini break with MrDuck from today, two nights away and back to work tuesday night. So I'll be back to the poker on weds.

Spin-up this week? Really want to crack Level 7! :)

I've just withdrawn + £200 to buy a winter coat and to treat myself and MrDuck
    on our mini-break, yeeeeey :)
    BR going into Week 3
    £109.20 626PP let's do it!
    ~ Sep Profit + £299.20

Please Sky can I be put on a winning premier league team this week?
  • edited September 2014

Keep it going Mrs Duck, good to see you getting the results you deserve.
  • edited September 2014
    Hope you like this one Mrs D...
    might try painting it sometime,
    enjoy
  • edited September 2014
    Squeezed in a couple of tourneys yesterday before work last night. Lost a £22 BH and £11 BH :(
    So - £33.00

Just finished Spin-Up Go No. 7
    Lost level 2 KJ vs K9 aipf grrrrrrrr!
    - £0.75!

BR £75.45
  • edited September 2014
    Keep it going Mrs Duck, good to see you getting the results you deserve.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you Tikay :)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £109.20:
    Hope you like this one Mrs D... might try painting it sometime, enjoy
    Posted by devonfish5
    Got to like any kind of peaceful duck photo...lol <3
  • edited September 2014
    Sky Poker Player Shouts Fix in Busto After Withdrawing Scandal
    "It ALWAYS happens to me, 85% of the time, when I'm a 99% favourite!!" she was heard muttering after storming out!

Just kidding! But yeh, I've busted myself...doh!
    So many "players" can be found on the forum claiming Sky punished them/turned on the runner runner 2 outer button/pi**ed all over them when they had finally made that elusive holy grail withdrawl!
    I've been pondering about why I reckon that's just happened to me, and happened to me before (an almost immediate bust after a smug withdrawl) These are my thoughts...

I've just won an MTT/a load on cash, I'm untouchable, WEEEEE...cue positive tilt, then shortly after realising I'm not a God, which turns to negative tilt...NOOOO why aren't I winning anymooore?!?
    Bankroll psychology/idiocy...My balance looked nice when I had £400 now it says £200 :(:( let's try and get it back up ASAP!! Forgetting I still actually have £400, just that half of it is now nice and safe in my bank account!
    Not caring/focusing...WOW this month I've already spun up quite alot, everyone seems really impressed, me too, I'm pretty fly right now, so what does it matter if I drop a few bob?!?

I'm definitely guilty of all of these thoughts and behaviours and probably more that I haven't considered yet!
    So here's where I lost it if you're interested ~ :)

a £22.00 BH where I bubbled but won £9.38 HPs so - £12.62
    a - £5.75 BH, - £3.30 TIMED TOURNEY, - £11.00 BH

Spin-Up Go No. 8 Lost level 1!! - £0.60
    I then accidently regged a £0.30 DYM and GaryLaud knocked me out!! wd Gary! ;) he killed me with my fav hand 22 aswell, good old ducks! - £0.30

I then splaffed the rest ~ - £40ish off playing cash...oh well.

So here I am busto but with a Sep profit of + £190 :)
    I'm going to re-deposit £40 and start again fresh...let's gooooo!

Happy weekend everyone, flop well! :D
  • edited September 2014
    Deposited £40.00 and fancied one last biggie... £22.00 BH, won one bounty started getting a bit short shoved Ad10d lost to Kc8c - £14.50

Spin-Up Go No. 9 in progress Level 1 complete! :)
    BR £25.50
  • edited September 2014
    Sept profit of +£190 & busto  :)  lol

i've a Sept profit of £36  & not gone busto  :)  lol

i'd do a swap with you Mrs D  ha ha.

you play a very aggressive strategy which pays very well when you win, which is great.
    i play very conservatively in comparison, & am no shaker or mover.
    i would love to play as you do  ha ha, but it would just be to 'swingy' for me  :(
    as long as you win more than you lose & are having fun, which I know you do, then there's no need to change & do anything different.
    Long may it continue my friend.
    run golden,
    dev

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £25.50:
    Sept profit of +£190 & busto  :)  lol i've a Sept profit of £36  & not gone busto  :)  lol i'd do a swap with you Mrs D  ha ha. you play a very aggressive strategy which pays very well when you win, which is great. i play very conservatively in comparison, & am no shaker or mover. i would love to play as you do  ha ha, but it would just be to 'swingy' for me  :( as long as you win more than you lose & are having fun, which I know you do, then there's no need to change & do anything different. Long may it continue my friend. run golden, dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Lol Dev,
    I don't know if my strategy is aggressive, it's more that I'm more comfortable playing an £11 or £22 BH or 50NL cash, rather than other stakes, no matter what my BR is, but I'm not comfortable playing a huge BR because I would be likely to spew it away.
    Before I started this diary I was a player who just deposited, played, withdrew and repeat but I wanted to change that and ideally I'd like to maintain a "small" bankroll between £400-£800 and play whatever I like :) ~ infact I think this will be my next challenge from October, spinning up and maintaining that, applying more BR management with it, what do you think? I will be coming to you for advice!!

:)
  • edited September 2014
    Spin-Up Go No. 9 completed! Lost level 2 :(
    Shoved A5 into QQ
    - £0.75

BR £24.75
  • edited September 2014
    i think you are doing fine as you are Mrs D, you don't need any advice from me  :)

ok, i'll give you this, ... play out Sept, see how that flies with you.
    October... with whatever is in your b/r try & spin that up to £800  as a figure you mention.. or whatever you like,
    (mind you, £1000 would look very nice  too -:)
    then that is your bankroll which is ideal for you.
    play your desired games,(even higher if you like), anything you win over your bankroll ...withdraw (in sums of £50, £100 whatever you want/win.
    give yourself the £300 to play with, so you are happy (ok, not happy, but the set amount you are prepared to gamble down to)...so you can drop to £500... or £400 if you prefer.
    at this point we drop down our buy-in levels from £11 to £5.50, & our cash games from nl50 to nl30.
    this will guard against you going 'busto' which we want to avoid, obviously....AT ALL COST.
    you know poker runs in up's & downs, so this will be a great 'safety net' for you...if needed, of course.
    run golden,
    dev

• edited September 2014
    Killed by a Mallard!!
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DAZRAZ Small blind   300.00 300.00 2795.00
    mrsduck Big blind   600.00 900.00 6610.00
      Your hole cards

Russell22 Fold        
    Mallard24 Raise   1200.00 2100.00 18150.00
    127RIBEROT Fold        
    DAZRAZ Fold        
    mrsduck All-in   6610.00 8710.00 0.00
    Mallard24 Call   6010.00 14720.00 12140.00
    mrsduck Show

Mallard24 Show
    • A

Flop

• J
    • A

Turn

River

Mallard24 Win Pair of Aces 14720.00   26860.00
    :(
  • edited September 2014
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £25.50 : Lol Dev, I don't know if my strategy is aggressive, it's more that I'm more comfortable playing an £11 or £22 BH or 50NL cash, rather than other stakes, no matter what my BR is, but I'm not comfortable playing a huge BR because I would be likely to spew it away. Before I started this diary I was a player who just deposited, played, withdrew and repeat but I wanted to change that and ideally I'd like to maintain a "small" bankroll between £400-£800 and play whatever I like :) ~ infact I think this will be my next challenge from October, spinning up and maintaining that, applying more BR management with it, what do you think? I will be coming to you for advice!! :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    I can confirm it's definitely very aggressive lol in terms of a bankroll strat. Not many people will recommend playing £22 BHs from a £100 roll. If you play for fun and don't care about re-depositing etc then it really doesn't matter, BUT if you want to maintain a bankroll on the site then playing MTTs which you have 5 BIs (or in the case of cash 2 BIs) for is a recipe for vvv quick disaster.

I mean you literally only have to sit down at cash and have AA v KK and they hit a king, or KK v AA and they hold and that's 50% of the roll gone, twice you're busto. I've had those situations happen to me way more than twice in 1 session.

You'd need a lot of luck to not go bust with that system.... like winning the first one you play! lol, but then you can't do that, withdraw the profits of it and expect to do the same again, you might have to play another 20-30+ of them (£440-£660 in BIs) before you win one again.

Best of luck though. The wins are always a lot more fun when you play a vv aggressive bankroll strat.... but then the losses are always so :(
  • edited September 2014
    I can understand why Paul and Dev aren't overly keen on your BRM but personally I love it. :)
    Very similar to how I do it in fact. I get a lot of stick of a mate for the amount of depositing/withdrawing that I do. (My record for a month is just over 50 transactions)
    I'm not sensible enough to have seperate money for poker and for life. It's all just one to me. Also, whenever i do, on the odd occasion have a nice win, I want to buy something so that I have something to show for it all. I like buying things that I wouldn't otherwise buy if I hadn't won the money.

My way means that I'll never move up that much or have a proper poker bankroll. But, it's not a job for me and I enjoy myself.
  • edited September 2014
    i think you are doing fine as you are Mrs D, you don't need any advice from me  :) ok, i'll give you this, ... play out Sept, see how that flies with you. October... with whatever is in your b/r try & spin that up to £800  as a figure you mention.. or whatever you like, (mind you, £1000 would look very nice  too -:) then that is your bankroll which is ideal for you. play your desired games,(even higher if you like), anything you win over your bankroll ...withdraw (in sums of £50, £100 whatever you want/win. give yourself the £300 to play with, so you are happy (ok, not happy, but the set amount you are prepared to gamble down to)...so you can drop to £500... or £400 if you prefer. at this point we drop down our buy-in levels from £11 to £5.50, & our cash games from nl50 to nl30. this will guard against you going 'busto' which we want to avoid, obviously....AT ALL COST. you know poker runs in up's & downs, so this will be a great 'safety net' for you...if needed, of course. run golden, dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Thanks for the advice Dev,
    It's along the lines of exactly what I was thinking ~ so big :D
    £1000 would look nice, but that's my problem, I would fear going under it! I think £400 - £800 would be fine for what I like to play, and being cautious when I drop to £500 should protect me.
    Thanks!!

My run-good is back now, is yours?
    xx
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £25.50 : I can confirm it's definitely very aggressive lol in terms of a bankroll strat. Not many people will recommend playing £22 BHs from a £100 roll. If you play for fun and don't care about re-depositing etc then it really doesn't matter, BUT if you want to maintain a bankroll on the site then playing MTTs which you have 5 BIs (or in the case of cash 2 BIs) for is a recipe for vvv quick disaster. I mean you literally only have to sit down at cash and have AA v KK and they hit a king, or KK v AA and they hold and that's 50% of the roll gone, twice you're busto. I've had those situations happen to me way more than twice in 1 session. You'd need a lot of luck to not go bust with that system.... like winning the first one you play! lol, but then you can't do that, withdraw the profits of it and expect to do the same again, you might have to play another 20-30+ of them (£440-£660 in BIs) before you win one again. Best of luck though. The wins are always a lot more fun when you play a vv aggressive bankroll strat.... but then the losses are always so :(
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hey Lambert,
    Thanks for your input, when I said I don't consider it/myself aggressive I meant it in the sense that I haven't considered it BRM at all. I've never cared about or used BRM until I started the challenges here in my diary. I would deposit £22.00, play a £22.00BH and take it from there, withdrawing some or not if I fancied it or if I won anything substantial. And I would never consider it bust if I lost that £22.00. So for me it's just play at the level/buy-in I want to/can afford.
    Plus I've never been in the red here...so I don't see that as an issue to resolve.

BUT, since starting the diary I realised the benefits and happiness (lol) of having a healthy BR. I felt more confident and less pressure with a solid wedge of money behind me. This started to go bad though once my BR reached signifcantly over £1K circa ~ £1400.00 and I became more spewy and the numbers were just numbers, not real money and I was unhappy at that level...

What maximum buy-in BH or DYM would you play for a £500.00 BR?
    Thanks again for your advice! Always appreciated and run well.
    xx
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £24.75:
    I can understand why Paul and Dev aren't overly keen on your BRM but personally I love it. :) Very similar to how I do it in fact. I get a lot of stick of a mate for the amount of depositing/withdrawing that I do. (My record for a month is just over 50 transactions) I'm not sensible enough to have seperate money for poker and for life. It's all just one to me. Also, whenever i do, on the odd occasion have a nice win, I want to buy something so that I have something to show for it all. I like buying things that I wouldn't otherwise buy if I hadn't won the money. My way means that I'll never move up that much or have a proper poker bankroll. But, it's not a job for me and I enjoy myself.
    Posted by Jac35
    Battle of the Pauls!! ;)
    You love my BRM lol!? I don't! But it's not soso bad...
    I 100% agree with you about the treats! I've only just started doing that this past few months ~ consciously thinking "I'm withdrawing £xxx and I'm using it for xxx" and I have to say it's lovely!
    I'm not bothered about moving up either and big BRs scare me! £22.00/£33.00 is really the top limit of buy-ins I want to play and I'm more than happy with that.
    As long as you've got enough to pay for the old teeth...eh?

:D Keep up the wins xx
  • edited September 2014
    Woke up super early this morning and tried to start Spin-Up no. 10, but after waiting agesssss the £0.60 turbo and normal just wouldn't fill up so I slapped £20.00 on a 20NL table (sorry Lambo/Dev) ;)
    Pottered around for about 20 minutes and then flopped a straight winning a nice small pot ~ £4.50ish, I was also waiting for the 8am £5.75 Speed BH so was about to "book the win" and decided to play the orbit until I was bb again, next hand JJ and almost a full double up and next hand after that KK adding another £10.00ish :) obviously it then looked very much like a Ducky hit and run when I promptly left!

Tourneys been up and down all day, played a mix of £5.75/£11.00 and one £22.00BHs (sorry Lambo/Dev!!) :D
    Had a nice chat to DOHHHHHH too in one £11BH and then we both made the FT, so all in all a nice day :)

BR £58.84
  • edited September 2014
    'Just one more orbit'

Used to be a pet hate of mine when I played cash back in the day, you want to go and you're up and happy. Let's just wait for the big blind to come round again though, because it's free right?... then you get coolered and limp away with a loss.  Particularly annoying when you miss the sit-out/stand button and find yourself posting again. Just one more orbit then.

Flip side of course is you get dealt a few pearlers.

Enjoying the rollercoaster ;)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Ducky's September Spin-up ~ BR £58.84:
    'Just one more orbit' Used to be a pet hate of mine when I played cash back in the day, you want to go and you're up and happy. Let's just wait for the big blind to come round again though, because it's free right?... then you get coolered and limp away with a loss.  Particularly annoying when you miss the sit-out/stand button and find yourself posting again. Just one more orbit then. Flip side of course is you get dealt a few pearlers. Enjoying the rollercoaster ;)
    Posted by bbMike
    Yes hahaha!
    I'm always careful to untick "auto post bb" or whatever the box is, when I'm getting ready to leave though!!