You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Duck the Bounty Hunter

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Congratulations MrsD, he really will be MrD now.

And lol Pat, was thinking exactly the same, 10 years and counting here.

When I get in from work she is often watching a programme called 'dont tell the bride', from time to time there is a 'thats lovely' or a 'oh wow look at that'.

I'm sure she thinks she is being very clever, she probably is.

According to an article I 'noticed' she was reading recently, men are very easy to train.

Sigh, fold.
  • edited October 2015
    And don't I know it mate.

My excuse is when I am proficient  in Finnish we will do it ; ).

In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter:
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : You really need to speed up with this Pat. As we've told you before, you're batting way above your average :)
    Posted by Jac35
  • edited October 2015
    LOL I have had all them.

The best is every holiday or weekend away I get a call from my mam "any news "

Congratulations MrsD, he really will be MrD now. And lol Pat, was thinking exactly the same, 10 years and counting here. When I get in from work she is often watching a programme called 'dont tell the bride', from time to time there is a 'thats lovely' or a 'oh wow look at that'. I'm sure she thinks she is being very clever, she probably is. According to an article I 'noticed' she was reading recently, men are very easy to train. Sigh, fold.
    Posted by LmfaoAllin
  • edited October 2015
    All of this means considerably less (and sometimes none) poker for the foreseeable future (let's say till Christmas) but very happy life things. 
    Posted by mrsduck
    sounds like you've got the balance right

well done

• edited October 2015
    Thanks guys!
    It's been MrD hassling me all this time but I've finally given in :) 
  • edited January 2016
    Just wanted to say a Happy New Year to everyone :)
    ~ treasure it 
    xx
  • edited January 2016
    It's 2016
    The sun's rays are long, drawn across the cool sky; sometimes white and often grey, moody, crisp and twinkling at night with stars or shimmering and shivering with sheets of rain. The nights are slowly getting shorter but the river is rising and the temperature's dropping both in and out. The river is flooding and freezing and flooding. My heart pounds some days and my feet fall in front one by one by one, no looking back. Other days are like today; my toes are numb and fingers ache, my heart lies low and soft within my chest. 
    There's a rock on my finger and glistening in the corners of my eyes.
    I'm extremely happy, I'm desperately sad.

Two months of winter, two months of emotion
    I love walking, and hiking, I love the mountains, the escape from the city. 
    I had a friend called Pete at secondary school, a really dear friend. We were very similar and completely opposite. We both loved writing and poetry and sad music. He loved all sports, especially running and he was the kindest young man. When I travelled in South America he was the only one who wrote to me religiously, he was so jealous of my adventurous life back then. A few years later he'd become part of team GB travelling the world, interviewing and liaising and organising and inspiring and becoming great friends with the athletes. He started living a life in Canada. One day he went walking in the mountains with a couple of his friends, they got into trouble and Pete quite simply fell off the mountain. Seven years ago in December Pete died and I think about him fondly, frequently. I started running in November and every time I run I think of him.
    On the day that he had died last December Mrduck and I were visiting his Grandmaduck. She's become very frail the past 2 or so years. I was full of thoughts of death, thinking about Pete, looking into the eyes of old Grandmaduck. It was her birthday and the phone kept ringing with well wishers. Mrduck and Fatherduck had gone to the supermarket when the phone rang again. (TBC - writing on iPad)

• edited January 2016
    Without me and Motherduck seeing, Grandmaduck made a bolt for the phone and then all we hear is a cry and a bang in the lounge. Grandmaduck is on the floor and I find myself holding her head and her hair and there's blood all over my hand and she's shouting at herself at what a stupid old lady she is and I'm there trying not to cry us into a living room of tears. 
    Pete is dead and its Grandmaducks birthday and there's a hole in her head and she's bleeding on me and I love everyone so much and all I can think of is death. I have to drive Grandmaduck to hospital, she's alright but someone needs to stitch up this hole in her head and she lives in London and I've never driven in London and now I'm responsible for keeping all the ducks alive in the car whilst we drive to the hospital and all I can think about is death and not crying.
    The same day later on, I'm sat on the sofa holding Grandmaducks hand and rubbing it gently whilst everyone else fusses around us. She asks me about engagement and wedding rings. I didn't have an engagement ring then and I told her I'd like just a plain, simple gold wedding band. She instructs me to go and fetch something from her bedroom cupboard. Its her wedding ring, a plain, simple gold band which she no longer wears. She instructs me to put it on and it just fits and it's so lovely and she insists that I have it, if I want it. I do.
    I love everyone so much and my heart hurts from all the love and the death and the driving and the keeping everyone alive and I'm exhausted.
    (TBC)

• edited January 2016
    I can't imagine what you are going through at present, the kind ones in life hurt far more it seems. My good lady as you know from my little blog has a beautiful soul and would probably advise me to look after myself because if I don't I cannot look after anyone else. My thoughts are with you dear, and I wish grandma a speedy recovery.xx
  • edited January 2016
    The Christmas period was wonderful. I started quietly filtering Christmas into our tiny flat at Mrducks bemusement. Nearly everyday I would add something festive in the living room. We bought and decorated our first tree and listened to carols and drank whiskey and played games and roasted chestnuts and got cosy every single night, cherishing the warmth of each other. One of my brothers had a big bash for a milestone birthday and his wife announced she was pregnant. Grandmaduck gets back to her old stubborn, witty self, sending me emails with lines such as "I'm not going to their house for Christmas, I don't want to end up on the kitchen floor with my brains pouring out of the back of my head!" and "I'm so happy you like and want to keep my wedding ring, I can't bear the thought of me dropping dead and it being left in a cupboard for all of eternity." I drink, I sleep, I walk, I run, I read, I see old friends, new babies, I laugh and I stop thinking about death.
    On Boxing Day Mrduck, his Motherduck and I visit a jewellers with Grandmaducks wedding ring and me and Mrduck fall in love with a little old antique engagement ring which sits perfectly with grandmaduck's ring on my finger. It's a little small so we leave it behind to be resized and sent to us in early January. Love and life is everywhere and fills my heart.

Two days ago the engagement ring arrives just before lunch, it's perfect for us, simple, classic, delicate and bright. There's champagne ready in the fridge to celebrate. Two days ago just before dinner an old friend of mine, not seen for a few years, a big, gentle, wonderful musician, who's love filled up the world of all he met, a young man with a girlfriend and tiny baby, threw himself from the world and was lost to us forever.

• edited January 2016
    Please ~ Hold your loved ones tonight, and every night. See beauty in life, the sky, the earth, the faces of those you meet.

"I burgled beauty in the night, I stole a white coin from the sky, and hid it in my plund'rous eye - the moon, incredible and bright. I have it still, that rifled thing, through body, heart, and brain it shines, yet, richer than a million mines, I cannot buy me anything" - Mervyn Peake

I'm desperately sad. I'm extremely happy.
  • edited January 2016
    Hi Mrs Duck.

Sorry to read of your sorrow, so glad to read you have happiness in your life too.

January is the cruelest of months. Yesterday was the anniversary of my father-in-laws death, taken suddenly at the age of 62.

Several other similar anniversaries this month too and with iconic figures passing and in the news so hard to get away from.

Grandma Duck sounds a character. We need more grandma duck stories.
  • edited January 2016
    Ducky

That's so wonderful ........
    ...... and terrible news. 

Life seems such a dichotomy at times. Or is it destined forever to be an oxymoron. 

And that's a lovely quote. 
  • edited January 2016
    Quack!
    :)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    thebookie2 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £19.37
    Kawaii420 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £42.25
      Your hole cards

adabarlo20 Call   £0.50 £1.25 £2.94
    mrsduck Call   £0.50 £1.75 £16.67
    murph4 Raise   £2.00 £3.75 £5.35
    fatman1226 Fold        
    thebookie2 Fold        
    Kawaii420 Fold        
    adabarlo20 Fold        
    mrsduck Call   £1.50 £5.25 £15.17
    Flop

• K

mrsduck Check        
    murph4 Bet   £1.50 £6.75 £3.85
    mrsduck Call   £1.50 £8.25 £13.67
    Turn

mrsduck Bet   £4.13 £12.38 £9.54
    murph4 All-in   £3.85 £16.23 £0.00
    mrsduck Unmatched bet   £0.28 £15.95 £9.82
    mrsduck Show

murph4 Show
    • A
    • A

River

mrsduck Win Three 2s £15.15   £24.97
  • edited February 2016
    Thank you for all your lovely posts above :)
    January has been a good poker month overall ~ winning a couple of BHs and enjoying the joys of PLO8.
    Signed up for Phantoms 1000 Challenge thing. Been playing the £1.15 dyms mostly and really enjoying them, I'm not half bad either! (So far!) Won 27/40 in Jan for a 67.5% whateveritis and about £10 profit, not bad for a quid game :)
    I'm going to try and keep them up, I want to play at least 100 at the £1.15 level before I officially "move up" to the £2.25ers but I play mostly mornings and afternoons when traffic is low so I'm playing the odd £2.25/£3.30 ones too.
    I really like it
    Anyway, just wanted to pop on to say hi, enjoy your week everyone x 
  • edited March 2016
    As above!
    February I've won a couple of BHs and played another 36 plo8 dyms. I want to play at least 80 a month so I can finish my 1k target in the year but I'm mostly available in the mornings rather than evenings and it's hard work to get any going at that time! Still loving it, still playing/cashing well, won 24/36 this month for a 66.6% whateveritis! Again sticking to the £1-3 level.
    Went wedding dress/bridesmaid dress shopping last weekend, oh the horror! 
    But life is good ~ have a good March everyone :)
  • edited March 2016
    Just finished my first 100 plo8 dyms so thought I'd work out some stats

£0.60 1/1     ~ 100% ~ +£0.40
    £1.15 29/49 ~ 59%  ~  +£1.64
    £2.25 4/8     ~ 50%  ~  -£2.00
    £3.30 29/41 ~ 71%  ~  +£38.70
    £5.50 0/1     ~ 0%   ~   -£5.50

63/100 +£33.24 
    :) Very happy with that! 
  • edited March 2016
  • edited March 2016
    Just finished my first 100 plo8 dyms so thought I'd work out some stats £0.60 1/1     ~ 100% ~ +£0.40 £1.15 29/49 ~ 59%  ~   +£1.64 £2.25 4/8     ~ 50%  ~  -£2.00 £3.30 29/41 ~ 71%  ~   +£38.70 £5.50 0/1     ~ 0%   ~   -£5.50 63/100 +£33.24  :) Very happy with that! 
    Posted by mrsduck

Very nice profit for the 1st 100 games, 71% at £3.30 is phenomenal.

Taken to PLO8 like a duck to water.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Duck the Bounty Hunter : Very nice profit for the 1st 100 games, 71% at £3.30 is phenomenal. Taken to PLO8 like a duck to water.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Aww thank you, yeh I'm loving it :) will have to see what the next 100 bring!
  • edited April 2016
    Ducks of the day//How not to play AA heads up :D

duckfeed Small blind   400.00 400.00 38060.00
    mrsduck Big blind   800.00 1200.00 26740.00
      Your hole cards

duckfeed Call   400.00 1600.00 37660.00
    mrsduck Check        
    Flop

mrsduck Check        
    duckfeed Check        
    Turn

• Q

mrsduck Bet   1600.00 3200.00 25140.00
    duckfeed Raise   3200.00 6400.00 34460.00
    mrsduck Raise   5600.00 12000.00 19540.00
    duckfeed Call   4000.00 16000.00 30460.00
    River

mrsduck All-in   19540.00 35540.00 0.00
    duckfeed Call   19540.00 55080.00 10920.00
    duckfeed Show
    • A
    • A

mrsduck Show

mrsduck Win Full House, 2s and 4s 55080.00   55080.00
  • edited April 2016

well played earlier mrsD.

• edited April 2016
    A bit late but plo8 dyms for March were 25/41 for a 60.9% thingymebob. Still on the right track but heading downwards a bit. 
    Still enjoying it :) have a good April everyone 
  • edited April 2016
    Still enjoying that weird 4 card game?
    Is Mrs Duck, Mrs Duck yet?
  • edited April 2016
    Still enjoying that weird 4 card game? Is Mrs Duck, Mrs Duck yet?
    Posted by Jac35
    Yeh lovin it, seem to be good at it too ~ beginners luck!
    Still MissDuck until September! 
    xx
  • edited April 2016
    Ducks of the day!
    Pure faith ((tilt))
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    mrsduck Small blind   40.00 40.00 2612.50
    glc84 Big blind   80.00 120.00 9400.00
      Your hole cards

hope Call   80.00 200.00 3050.00
    prayer All-in   392.50 592.50 0.00
    Dr_Ibbs Fold        
    dcollector Fold        
    mrsduck Call   352.50 945.00 2260.00
    glc84 Call   312.50 1257.50 9087.50
    hope All-in   3050.00 4307.50 0.00
    mrsduck All-in   2260.00 6567.50 0.00
    glc84 Fold        
    hope Unmatched bet   477.50 6090.00 477.50
    mrsduck Show

hope Show
    • J
    • Q

prayer Show
    • K

Flop

Turn

River

mrsduck Win Four 2s 6090.00   6090.00
  • edited April 2016
    Hi all!
    Mrduck is off on a stag weekend from tonight so I'm gonna be playing a few tournies in the evenings :D
    I'm endeavouring to play the main and mini tonight, once I get back from work. I'll do a little ducky ride along, so anyone up for a little last longer comp? I'll be in them tonight, Friday and possibly Saturday night. Post in here if you fancy it.
    :)
  • edited April 2016
    It's pretty much become the (Out)law now that 22 and TT have to be played in almost any situation... nice flop :)

GL in the mains this weekend, fingers crossed for at least one bink!