You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1m GTD Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships at DTD 7th-17th August 2014

SPTSPT
edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
£1 MILLION SKY POKER 6-MAX UK POKER CHAMPIONSHIPS SET FOR AUGUST

[LEEDS, United Kingdom – 16th April, 2014] ¬– Sky Poker has announced another major addition to the British poker calendar with the Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships to take place from 7th-17th August 2014. The event will once again be hosted by Dusk Till Dawn in Nottingham with the highlight of the series set to be the £500,000 Guaranteed 6-Max Championship Event.

The Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships festival will take place 7th-17th August 2014 at Dusk Till Dawn with every event on the schedule in the popular six-handed format. The £1,000 buy-in Championships Main Event will feature three Day 1 flights, with re-entries available on Days 1a and 1b (Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th August respectively). The Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC Champion will be crowned on Day 4, Sunday 17th August.

The 6-Max UK Poker Championships Main Event concludes an eleven-day schedule of poker in Nottingham, with High Roller, Pot Limit Omaha, Mini, Turbo and Hyper-Turbo events also on the schedule. A total of £1,000,000 will be guaranteed in prize pools across all events, with the Main Event offering £500,000. As with the first UK Poker Championships, Sky’s TV cameras will be at the event to capture the action from the final.

“After the success of the inaugural Sky Poker UK Poker Championships earlier this year, we are delighted to announce this additional 6-Max festival”, said Richard Milner, Head of Sky Poker. “With the excellent team and facilities that DTD offer, we’re sure it will be a great event and we know that 6-Max is very popular with Sky Poker customers. The previous event was full of many well-known and high profile favourites from the UK poker scene and we expect the same this time”.

Satellites to the £500,000 Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC Championship Event will be available on Skypoker.com from Monday 21st April, with regular satellites running from as little as £2.10. There will also be a series of promotions and freerolls on Skypoker.com throughout the coming months which could lead to someone winning an anticipated six-figure first prize for free!

Full Schedule, £1m GTD Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships: 7th-17th August 2014

Comments

• SPTSPT
    edited April 2014
    Here is the Sky Poker page for the Main event

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/sky-poker-uk-6-max-poker-championship?dcmp=p_pr_ukpc6max

tikay and I will happily answer questions and add information to this thread as we build towards the event
  • edited April 2014
    Ok Mods might as well delete my other thread :)

Bit pricey for some (even via the sat route) but I do love a good 6max and will deffo try to qualify.
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: £1m GTD Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships at DTD 7th-17th August 2014:
    Ok Mods might as well delete my other thread :) Bit pricey for some (even via the sat route) but I do love a good 6max and will deffo try to qualify.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi, there is a "Mini" UKPC 6 Max scheduled in for 7th-10th to start the festival at £250, with 50 £1000 seats included as part of the £150,000 GTE for that event. Quarter of the buy in of the Main designed to appeal to lower bankrolls, even in the satellite qualification process
  • edited April 2014
    Good luck to those of you who'll be participating.

RIP SPTs?
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: £1m GTD Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships at DTD 7th-17th August 2014:
    Good luck to those of you who'll be participating. RIP SPTs?
    Posted by GaryQQQ

no, not necessarily

the mini UKPC 6 Max is an SPT by another name......
  • edited April 2014
    Cool, wel all things being well, I'll try to play both.
  • edited April 2014
    Good luck to those of you who'll be participating. RIP SPTs?
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    See my reply on the other thread, Gary.
  • edited April 2014
    Noticed there are satellites for the main event.  What about sats to the others  Im talking in particualr about eh £500 PLO tournament 

• edited April 2014
    Noticed there are satellites for the main event.  What about sats to the others  Im talking in particualr about eh £500 PLO tournament 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Hi Jocky-Jock-Jock.

For the moment, SKY POKER will only be running Satellites to the Main Event.

That may change further down the line, depending how things go.

You do know Omaha is 4 cards, right? Gotta use 2 of them, yeah?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: £1m GTD Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships at DTD 7th-17th August 2014 : Hi Jocky-Jock-Jock.   For the moment, SKY POKER  will only be running Satellites to the Main Event.   That may change further down the line, depending how things go. You do know Omaha is 4 cards, right? Gotta use 2 of them, yeah?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Shhhhhhhhhhh
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: £1m GTD Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships at DTD 7th-17th August 2014 : Hi Jocky-Jock-Jock.   For the moment, SKY POKER  will only be running Satellites to the Main Event.   That may change further down the line, depending how things go. You do know Omaha is 4 cards, right? Gotta use 2 of them, yeah?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Not when i play it!!!!
  • edited April 2014
    Will there be a leaderboard again for player of the series?

Also if there is to be more of these throughout the year could there be a player of the year?
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2014
    Will there be a leaderboard again for player of the series? Also if there is to be more of these throughout the year could there be a player of the year?
    Posted by MattBates

There will be a $15,000 / £10,000 Leaderboard (or equivalent in DTD buy-ins) the event this is linked to to be advised, its not public yet

Winners of each event will receive white gold Bracelets

I haven't heard discussion of a player of the year, something to consider for the future

• edited April 2014

Will all the Sats be re-buys or will there be some freezeout ones?
  • edited April 2014

excellent stuff rich

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: £1m GTD Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships at DTD 7th-17th August 2014 : no, not necessarily the mini UKPC 6 Max is an SPT by another name......
    Posted by SPT
    Hate to disagree with this but......

It looks like a great 11 days of poker but an SPT had loads of cheap ways to get into it for a fair while before the event.  As per Tikays notes there will be no satillites planned for the mini, maybe there will be closer to the time but none yet.  As there were no satillites into any other event of the UKPC apart from the main running on SKY, it is a fairly safe assumption that there won't be any sats into the sides of this one which is a real pity for all the low stakes players on here.

I wish SKY all the best for this and I hope it will be as succesful for them as the UKPC but I doubt if I will be there.

Good luck all and run well at the tables
  • edited April 2014
    Feel a bit sorry for Tikay because he has to defend this but clearly it is an idea from the suits.

It could damage the community spirit that was engendered by the SPTs. A lot of regular players were waiting to hear if the SPTs were running as normal as confirmation that everything was good in the SKY Poker world. This sounds like SPTs are no longer priority & their attention is now focussed on high rollers rather than the regulars.

Keep the fish happy and the sharks will come. Don't feed the fish & you will soon have an empty pond.
  • edited April 2014
    What is the juice percentage of the buy ins please?
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2014
    What is the juice percentage of the buy ins please?
    Posted by TommyD
    10%, taken out of the prize pool

• edited April 2014
    Not sure if there is a different thread for this then if so repost it there please..

Now, I'm really glad sky are getting bigger and better on the live scene to the extent that they are able to run an 11 day festival at DTD, it has come on leaps and bounds since I started playing here 4 years ago - and I was pretty late to the party compared to some (RV, Terv, Elsa, Solly, Maxsally ect..)

My main problem is the 'mini' (cheapest) event at the 6-max festival is a £250.00 buy in (+£250 re-entry if required)

Now, whilst all of the community teams have a small percentage of players able to play the bigger stakes, most of our team mates do not have the banckroll to do so...

Taking the small stakes players of the forum teams into consideration alone (Hitters, Tervs, Drags, Ninjas ect..) you are looking at a combined amount of +250 players.. the majority of which have been waiting for a fun cheapy SPT since LAST YEAR to all meet up again! That is without accounting for all of the small stakes independent players (zillions btw) or even the likes of tommyd and scotty who come because they are FUN!!!

The community spirit just isn't the same at DTD.. for a start it is strict, plus it costs more to play there so less of us can go!

My point being... Is there any chance of a compromise and staging us smaller stake players an actual SPT later on this year? With an affordable buy in, and proper old school sats like the old days? Preferably somewhere central.. and fun!

Blackpool would do :)

(Conflict of interest declaration: As TKP Skip, all points raised are from a completely biased viewpoint... wiiiiiiiiiiii)

xx
  • edited April 2014
    Why couldn't an SPT event be run as part of the overall festival surely this could be accommodated somewhere within the 11 days!
  • edited April 2014
    Why couldn't an SPT event be run as part of the overall festival surely this could be accommodated somewhere within the 11 days!
    Posted by a00rock

Outwith the 7 days. Any other weekend of the year
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2014
    Sky Poker's satellites to the next Main Event start tonight, and are in the lobby now

Everything feeds into the weekly final every Sunday night, which has a £220 entry. Micro satellites begin from £1.15 I believe

There is also a Freeroll at 7pm tonight, which has various satellite prizes eg 1st place wins a £220 seat into the £500k UKPC Final on Sunday. 2nd-4th tomorrow's Semi,5th -14th tomorrow's qtr-final

• edited April 2014

Tonight's 6-Max UKPC Freeroll @ 7pm has the following prizes Guaranteed.......
    1stEntry to £500K UKPC Final
    2ndEntry to £500k UKPC Semi
    3rdEntry to £500k UKPC Semi
    4thEntry to £500k UKPC Semi
    5thEntry to UKPC Quarter Final
    6thEntry to UKPC Quarter Final
    7thEntry to UKPC Quarter Final
    8thEntry to UKPC Quarter Final
    9thEntry to UKPC Quarter Final
    10thEntry to UKPC Quarter Final
    11thEntry to UKPC Quarter Final
    12thEntry to UKPC Quarter Final
    13thEntry to UKPC Quarter Final
    14thEntry to UKPC Quarter Final
    The Finals will be EVERY SUNDAY evening, & there will be nightly Semi Finals @ 9.15pm.

Those who win SEMI & Quarter Final seats in this will be entered into TOMORROW's satellites.

There are loads of UKPC Satellites this evening, & tonight's semi Final (£48, 1 in 5), has a seat Guaranteed, but currently has NO ENTRIES. ;) 

• edited April 2014

The Freeroll got 933 runners.
  • edited April 2014

n1 sky poker i shall try to sat in via micro sats & freerolls gl all
  • edited April 2014

Qualifying is now starting to get going, & there are already 13 players registered for this Sunday's Final, the first for August's Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC.

trevil254000
    tom_mull4000
    smith14084000
    rivermunky4000
    pokerarda4000
    memfno4000
    colmmcfc134000
    chicknMelt4000
    Sir-Gary4000
    Nutter59324000
    HAYSIE4000
    Gindog4000
    3wheeler4000
  • edited April 2014

The full satellite tree has now been uploaded to the Landing Page.

Satellites start from £1.15, & run daily, with a nightly semi-Final @ £48, & a weekly Final @ £220.

Details are HERE

• edited April 2014
    Great stuff, glad to see a full satellite tree go up :)

I did raise a question in my diary about these satellites but no-one seems to have commented and have any idea why...

I'm a little confused... The satellites are cheaper this time round compared to last UKPC (£48 Semi compared to £52, and £220 Final compared to £240), I was just a little confused because both main events were £1k events. The last one was £1k + £100 so I assumed with these being cheaper this one was maybe something like £920 + £80 so actually £1k in total, but when I looked the lobby it shows as £1000 + £0.... does that mean we're not paying any rake on the main? I'm confused.
  • edited April 2014
    Great stuff, glad to see a full satellite tree go up :) I did raise a question in my diary about these satellites but no-one seems to have commented and have any idea why... I'm a little confused... The satellites are cheaper this time round compared to last UKPC (£48 Semi compared to £52, and £220 Final compared to £240), I was just a little confused because both main events were £1k events. The last one was £1k + £100 so I assumed with these being cheaper this one was maybe something like £920 + £80 so actually £1k in total, but when I looked the lobby it shows as £1000 + £0.... does that mean we're not paying any rake on the main? I'm confused.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Paul

It may be because DTD have changed the way they take juice from last month

They now do not take a rake off entrants in any event and instead they take 10% off the prizepool, this was announced on their facebook page recently. That's why I reckon these are cheaper, it is a DTD event sponsored by Sky Poker not a Sky Poker event in essence