You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1m GTD Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships at DTD 7th-17th August 2014

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Ah ok, cheers.

Does that mean it's effectively £900 + £100?

If that's the case, I assume people have brought up the question that taking 10% off the total BI means a higher rake %  than adding 10% to X amount.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: £1m GTD Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships at DTD 7th-17th August 2014:
    Great stuff, glad to see a full satellite tree go up :) I did raise a question in my diary about these satellites but no-one seems to have commented and have any idea why... I'm a little confused... The satellites are cheaper this time round compared to last UKPC (£48 Semi compared to £52, and £220 Final compared to £240), I was just a little confused because both main events were £1k events. The last one was £1k + £100 so I assumed with these being cheaper this one was maybe something like £920 + £80 so actually £1k in total, but when I looked the lobby it shows as £1000 + £0.... does that mean we're not paying any rake on the main? I'm confused.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Apologies, I missed the question, Paul.

DTD have changed their Business Model, they no longer charge Reg Fees up front in Live Tourneys at the Club, instead, 10% is deducted from the Prizepool.

So players still pay the rake, but, put simply, the winners pay it, & those who fail to cash don't.

It's had a mixed reception, with winning players disliking it (obv...) & losing players giving it the thumbs up (obv...).

• edited April 2014

Ahh, sorry, Dave beat me to it.

Too slow, Kendall.....
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: £1m GTD Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships at DTD 7th-17th August 2014:
    Ah ok, cheers. Does that mean it's effectively £900 + £100? If that's the case, I assume people have brought up the question that taking 10% off the total BI means a higher rake %  than adding 10% to X amount.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Given all the dynamics, (including when a Tourney misses it's Guarantee) it's as broad as it is long, really, very little in it either way.

The UKPC events that Sky Poker sponsor are, as part of the agreement, managed by DTD, so it's their decision, but Sky Poker have no problem with it, as it makes very little difference in the greater scheme of things.

The theory is that it keeps more money in the recreational player pool.  

• edited April 2014
    Courtesy of Simon Trumper's Facebook page

DTD Club Tourney players - from next week we will be returning to our previous system of deducting 10% from the prizepool instead of charging up front registration fees on tournaments. We strongly feel that this system is best for the huge ...majority of DTD players resulting in cheaper buy ins for all our comps, especially our lower buy ins, (eg. XXL 15 is £15 inclusive, XXL 25 is £25 inclusive and Super 50 is now £50 instead of £50+£8). We expect the Club to be worse off revenue wise in the short term - unless we get an uplift in player numbers (eg. 10% of £5K prizepool for a Super 50 is £300 less revenue than 100 x £8 reg fees) and we will still need to hit the same number of players to make our GTD prizepools BUT we believe the return to this pricing method benefits the overall long term ecology of the club over 52 weeks - by keeping more money in the majority of our players pockets. I have discussed this with all levels of players and recognise that some of the pros players /repeat winners do prefer the existing system but I feel this works better for our DTD business model which is mostly targeted at the majority/recreational player base. Here is next weeks schedule reflecting this return to our previous system. Cheers Aces
  • edited April 2014
    Ok no problem, thanks for all the info both. I'm certainly happy to play cheaper satellites so it's all good by me :)
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2014

Rob Yong latest blog entry,

Talking Sky Poker 6-Max amongst other things

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/blog.php?profile=4&id=494

• SPTSPT
    edited April 2014
    9.15PM TONIGHT

5 Seats GTD to the UKPC Six Max Main event on Sky Poker

£200+20

with a full programme of satellites leading up to the final

With 5 seats GTD a good chance to qualify early before numbers get big just before the event

• edited April 2014

Great start on the first qualifying weekend.

The Semi-Final, which I think needed 15 runners to cover, got 49!

The Final needed 25 runners to cover the 5 Guaranteed seats, & got 27

So, we have our very first qualifiers for the Sky Poker UKPC 6-Max, so congrats go to......
  • edited April 2014

alex122930000  
    TommyD30000  
    Nutter593230000  
    HiJoker30000  
    Direwolf30000  
  • edited April 2014
    Managed to get in for £10 thru various satelites, never played in a live tourny like this before, going to be an absoloute fish, exciting stuff tho, 
  • edited April 2014
    Managed to get in for £10 thru various satelites, never played in a live tourny like this before, going to be an absoloute fish, exciting stuff tho, 
    Posted by alex1229
    A tenner?

Good work Alex. Might just be the most fun you've ever had for a tenner.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: £1m GTD Sky Poker 6-Max UK Poker Championships at DTD 7th-17th August 2014 : A tenner? Good work Alex. Might just be the most fun you've ever had for a tenner.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yupp did the whole £10 qtr final then semi, then final, then wham got a seat.

Will i have the pleasure of seeing you there at the tables?
  • edited April 2014
    Congrats guys.

One down, many to go.
  • edited April 2014
    vwp alex for £10

it will be well worth the experience and excitement plus you may cash getting a huge return in your investment buddy gl
  • edited April 2014
    Thanks, just wondering if i wanted is there cash alternavtive (not saying i do but just want to know) thanks :)
  • edited May 2014
  • edited May 2014

23 runners for last night's Final, so it missed it's Guarantee by 2 seats.

Not so bad really, considering that the May Promos (20 x 6-Max UKPC seats being given away) sort of works against the Weekly Finals, & that the weather was bang against Online Poker yesterday.

We now have 10, as follows.....

joelly30000
    chicknMelt30000
    beaneh30000
    alex122930000
    TommyD30000
    Nutter593230000
    MattBates30000
    HiJoker30000
    Direwolf30000
    Brain_BS30000
    I railed last night's Final, was a cagey affair on the Seat Bubble, with 6 really experienced players all playing cat & mouse.

BIGSHANN was coolered a bit on his Exit hand, he had Q-Q in the BB & the Button had Min-Raised with....K-K. Hard to get off when Shanny was playing 12 Bigs. Impossible, in fact.

Unlucky Shanny, but I'm sure you'll qualify soon enough.

• edited May 2014

There was also a Freeroll for a 6-Max UKPC package last night, the first of four in THIS series.

I don't think the winner of that has been entered into the Qualifiers list yet, but I may be wrong.
  • edited May 2014
    Well played all & VUL Bigshann.  I dipped my toe in the UKPC water last night.  Entered a £2:60 all-in sat and won entry to the 7:15 semi (would have been £48 entry).  Managed to come 2nd and won entry to the 9:15 Final (would have been £220 entry)  THis was BY FAR my biggest tourney on SKY.  IIRC at one stage my table was....Mattbates, TommyD, Beaneh, IH8palace, Chickenmelt & moi!  GULP.  Anyhoo, didn't play that well TBH and was shoved off a few hands by VERY agressive players.  Result = I gained 3 x hours INVALUABLE experience for £2:60.   Thank you Skypoker.
  • edited May 2014
    Well played all & VUL Bigshann.  I dipped my toe in the UKPC water last night.  Entered a £2:60 all-in sat and won entry to the 7:15 semi (would have been £48 entry).  Managed to come 2nd and won entry to the 9:15 Final (would have been £220 entry)  THis was BY FAR my biggest tourney on SKY.  IIRC at one stage my table was....Mattbates, TommyD, Beaneh, IH8palace, Chickenmelt & moi!  GULP.  Anyhoo, didn't play that well TBH and was shoved off a few hands by VERY agressive players.  Result = I gained 3 x hours INVALUABLE experience for £2:60.   Thank you Skypoker.
    Posted by Glenelg
    Yes, I watched you for a bit - tough table that!

Massive fun for £2.60 though, & I'm glad you enjoyed it. Some folks do take poker a little too seriously, but you seem to realy enjoy it. That makes you a winner in my book.
  • edited May 2014
    Very good watch that final table. Beaneh did well to recover from the stack he had
  • edited May 2014
    Hi all. Are there any plans for Sky to put up some satellites nearer the time for the £250 ukpc mini ? If not, will Dusk till Dawn be running any ? Desperate to go but cant make the main event dates !!
  • SPTSPT
    edited May 2014
    Hi all. Are there any plans for Sky to put up some satellites nearer the time for the £250 ukpc mini ? If not, will Dusk till Dawn be running any ? Desperate to go but cant make the main event dates !!
    Posted by riverrick
    DTD are now running main event satellites

they also run satellites to their £250 events, nightly. if you win a £250 event seat you can use it for a future event with 120 days expiry, so that would now cover the UKPC Mini

I won't put links up, not sure if thats permitted, but look at their website for details

On June 4th-8th their June deepstack is a UKPC Special:  £150,000 (inc 50 x £1,000 UKPC 6-Max seats) GTD, so if you play that (qualify now etc etc) and finish in the top 50 you win a main seat. Which, any way you look at it, is fairly spectacular.
  • edited May 2014
    Nice 1. Thank you for your swift response.
  • edited May 2014
    Another optimistic question here but I've got my main seat now, and I was planning on playing the £250 Mini too.... If I was to finish in the top 50 of the Mini would my main seat (for finishing top 50) go to 51st? Or can I just have £1000 of tokens to use at DTD?
  • SPTSPT
    edited May 2014
    Another optimistic question here but I've got my main seat now, and I was planning on playing the £250 Mini too.... If I was to finish in the top 50 of the Mini would my main seat (for finishing top 50) go to 51st? Or can I just have £1000 of tokens to use at DTD?
    Posted by Lambert180
    typically you get DTD seat credit to the value of the seat won, which is valid for 120 days.

Nicola Dusk Till Dawn, who you may know from the club or on facebook is the person to get a definitive answer from whether beforehand or if it happens!
  • SPTSPT
    edited May 2014
    9.15PM TONIGHT SkyPoker

5 Seats GTD to the UKPC Six Max Main event on Sky Poker

£200+20

with a full programme of satellites leading up to the final
     Click to see full-size image.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/sky-poker-uk-6-max-poker-championship?dcmp=p_pr_ukpc

28 runners in tonight’s Sky Poker Weekly Final so far, with today’s Semi-Final & feeders still to come, so it should make 7 seats tonight
  • edited June 2014
    Will there be more promos through june similar to the ones in may.????
  • SPTSPT
    edited June 2014
    It appears that this month's promotions are

Deposit '66

Remember 1966!

The weekly qualification continues on Sky Poker, all leading the the Sunday finals with 5 UKPC Six max final seats GTD

details

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/sky-poker-uk-6-max-poker-championship?dcmp=p_pr_ukpc

DTD has one seat GTD a night on their site, with qualification possible from a penny and then feeders all the way up to the £50 nightly finals too

details

http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/news/the-sky-6-max-ukpc/2424