You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE NEW SHEDLOAD OF FUNNY THINGS -DIARY- CHAT- POKER

13»

Comments

• edited April 2014
     Hi Rainman man, man do you deserve a prize man!--- but for now you will have to be happy with the kind of personal satisfaction that can only come from your own hand,--------------------- - for you have typed yourself into history, and will always be remembered as the man at the top of page 4!---- and you are always welcome to come here again--- if you need some more of that sort of thing---- well done man!!
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: THE NEW SHEDLOAD OF FUNNY THINGS -DIARY- CHAT- POKER:
     Hi Rainman man, man do you deserve a prize man!--- but for now you will have to be happy with the kind of personal satisfaction that can only come from your own hand,--------------------- - for you have typed yourself into history, and will always be remembered as the man at the top of page 4!---- and you are always welcome to come here again--- if you need some more of that sort of thing---- well done man!!
    Posted by oynutter

Being on top of a Page 3 would be better !
    Happy floppin
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by oynutter
    THANK YOU
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: THE NEW SHEDLOAD OF FUNNY THINGS -DIARY- CHAT- POKER : Being on top of a Page 3 would be better ! Happy floppin
    Posted by VespaPX
     That's just rude!!!------ what kind of personal satisfaction could Rainman possibly get from being at the top of page 3---- eh?---- eh--- answer me that one, if you can!
  • edited April 2014
    I am aiming to be top of page 5 and 6.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited April 2014
    I am aiming to be top of page 5 and 6. All the best Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    Careful now Rainman man!--- setting yourself such an ambitious goal could put you under a lot of pressure, take it one top of the page at a time man, your forum presence speaks for itself Rainman man, we all know you could do it if you applied yourself, but failure would be devastating for a young man of your stature, we need you on the forum man!!--------------

Ask yourself this question---- could I hold my keyboard up in public if Orford beat me with a post, just as I was about to give him head of the page------ If the answer is No, and it should most certainly be No----- then you must desist from your quest and be happy that you achieved satisfaction without him.
  • edited April 2014
     That's funny, sky lee usually closes the maintenance thread, so we can't complain---not today!!-lol
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: THE NEW SHEDLOAD OF FUNNY THINGS -DIARY- CHAT- POKER : Careful now Rainman man!--- setting yourself such an ambitious goal could put you under a lot of pressure, take it one top of the page at a time man, your forum presence speaks for itself Rainman man, we all know you could do it if you applied yourself, but failure would be devastating for a young man of your stature, we need you on the forum man!!--------------  Ask yourself this question---- could I hold my keyboard up in public if Orford beat me with a post, just as I was about to give him head of the page------ If the answer is No, and it should most certainly be No----- then you must desist from your quest and be happy that you achieved satisfaction without him.
    Posted by oynutter
    Thanks for advice but i am going for it, a hatrick of top of the page.
    ALL THE BEST
    Rainman397
  • edited April 2014
     ok---- better do some poker chat---- What do you do (in a well structured tournament) when the whole table is full of very loose,very aggressive players?  

Do you call wider to catch them out, they are silly, but still they will take notice and fold if you are too tight preflop

Do you slow play all pairs---try to catch them with a set?

Do you dish out the same medicine, and bully them back?

Do you show a big bluff, and then wait till you floppa whoppa, and make what looks like a similar bluff?

Do you just play as you would in any average game, and get bullied off most pots, even though you think you're probably ahead

Do you play passive with the nuts, and nearly time out, so that it looks like you don't know what to do, then hope they bluff when you put a small bet on the river?

Do you try to look as lag as them by calling/raising most hands pre even if it is high risk?

Do you take more risks with gapped connectors and aim more for hidden straights?

Do you concentrate more, and risk more chips trying to isolate when you have position?

Mostly just random thoughts,----- but these are probably the highest variance games, so worth putting some effort in----- for an instinctive player, most decisions are tailored to the individual, so family pots on lag tables are not easy-----help----- lol

• edited April 2014
     I noticed a pot betting river bluffer (on my right) last night, always at it (nearly always), got im 4 or 5 times with a min reraise with air, he did slow right down when he eventually noticed I was folding twice as much as he, and opened himself up for big bluffs later,---managed to isolate him several times with rubbish too, but I was just having a laugh with a big stack behind --good fun too, in a 2 quid tournie! 

How people multi-table tournaments is beyond me though, I can do two, but very hard if they start around the same time----How do they have time to suss out 24 players or more??---ok in sng's I spose, you'd have lots of notes

When I talk too much, I can notice it, and stop it,---- why not with an on screen keyboard and a mouse?
  • edited April 2014

The world has gone flopping mental i tell ya......

Well done mate and good luck! :)

C/O Sky Sam

So for this month we'll have the 6 selected nominees play as per normal, then NEXT month (May) we're going to have an ultimate battle of the TOTPers. Which means everyone who has ever played in a Top of the Posts tournament will play in the tournament!

As for this month, here are the winners:

vaigret
    oynutter
    Garylaud 
    mrsduck
    Donttelmum
    The_Don90
    Again, tournament will be held on the 2nd May at the usual time of 9pm.

• edited April 2014
    lol---- cheers Max ---- I won it last month----see my song---- 3rd time innit--- I really should get three seats in the big one---- it's only fair-----innit?

Hang on though, we got a month to campaign for relative chipstacks-----haha
  • edited April 2014
    lol---- cheers Max ---- I won it last month----see my song---- 3rd time innit--- I really should get three seats in the big one---- it's only fair-----innit?  Hang on though, we got a month to campaign for relative chipstacks-----haha
    Posted by oynutter
    Good luck in top of the posts Oynutter, i am still going 4 top of the page.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: THE NEW SHEDLOAD OF FUNNY THINGS -DIARY- CHAT- POKER : Good luck in top of the posts Oynutter, i am still going 4 top of the page. All the best Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
     Cheers Rainman man, my strategy tomorrow night will be to not play any marginal hands for the first 14 minutes,--- my table image will then be that of a solid rock ---- Then I will open utg with a stupid hand, 9-3os is my favorite, and I will call down to the river to make sure it goes to showdown,--- the whole table see's what happened and thinks, jeezz, that nutter is a nutter!!-----game over----whotchatink?---- could it work?
  • edited May 2014
    A guy was playing 10-20 holdem and was stuck about 300 dollars when he looked down beside the table and saw a little green leprechaun. "Quit playing poker forever right now and I'll give you a pot of gold worth a million dollars.", said the little fellow. The player replied, "Let me get even first."
  • edited May 2014
    I came home from a poker game late one night and found my hideous harpy of a wife waiting for me with a rolling pin. "Where the hell have you been?" she asked.
    "You'll have to pack all your things, dear," i said. "I've just lost you in a card game." "How did you manage to do that?" "It wasn't easy, honest. I had to fold with a royal flush."