You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Over 20 packages to be win for the Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC - starting TODAY

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat

Good morning.

During the month of May, a whole bunch of Promos will be run, where 6-Max UKPC seats will be up for grabs. These include £1,500 "packages" (which include a sum for travel & accommodation), £1,000 seats to the Event, & Satellite seats.   

There are 4 different Promos, plus, I hope, Ch 861 will be giving away Satellite Seats during the Shows.

To try & contain all the inevitable questions, & feedback, I've started this thread to try & keep them all together.

I don't really know any more than is on the Promo Pages, but I know a man & all that, so fire away with questions please.

Below, I'll try & work through each of the different Promos.

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Tikay if you could ask if theres any cash alternative in in events where a qualifer isnt able to attend? thanks 
  • edited May 2014

First up, the easy one - FREEROLLS!

There are FOUR x £1,500 UKPC Packages up for grabs via 4 x weekly Freerolls. The £1,500 is £1,000 for the seat, & £500 towards accommodation & travel.

There will be ONE x £1,500 PACKAGE PER WEEK, plus a £500 prizepol, so £2,000 in total.

These Freerolls - which cost TEN POKER POINTS to enter - will be every Sunday @ 7pm, starting THIS Sunday.

The details are HERE

PLEASE don't forget to read the Terms & Conditions, which are on the Promo Page. 

Good luck.   
  • edited May 2014
    I don't expect anything as Alex asked above if you can't play, but is there any alternative if you win a package but already have a seat?
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Over 20 packages to be win for the Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC - starting TODAY:
    Tikay if you could ask if theres any cash alternative in in events where a qualifer isnt able to attend? thanks 
    Posted by alex1229
    Hi Alex,

No, there is NO CASH ALTERNATIVE I'm afraid.

You won your seat via a weekly Final (well done!), & the Promo Page for this is
    HERE

Note T & C # 7, which states.....

7. No cash alternative is available for any part of the Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC Main Event seat, nor is the seat transferrable. Winners must not sell or transfer their Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC Main Event seat to any third party and winners are responsible for the payment of any applicable tax, if any, due on winning the Prize, and/or any prize money won by participating in the Event.

I can't realy comment beyond that, but if you wish to contact Customer Care, please do so.

It'd be a real shame if you are unable to make it, it should be a wonderful Event, & I'm sure you'd have some great memories to take away.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Over 20 packages to be win for the Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC - starting TODAY:
    I don't expect anything as Alex asked above if you can't play, but is there any alternative if you win a package but already have a seat?
    Posted by Lambert180
    In any particular Promo, Paul?

As far as I can see, generally, the T & C's state this....

3. You may participate and enter any of the promotions as many times as you wish however you may only win a maximum of one (1) Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC Main Event seat. This includes seats that were won via satellites or any other means.

• edited May 2014
    No probs thats fine, just wondering incase i netered the £1500 package one then got a seat in that, then what would happen to my exisiting ticket etc
  • edited May 2014
    No probs thats fine, just wondering incase i netered the £1500 package one then got a seat in that, then what would happen to my exisiting ticket etc
    Posted by alex1229
    Well as far as I know, the same answer applies as I gave to Paul, namely....

3. You may participate and enter any of the promotions as many times as you wish however you may only win a maximum of one (1) Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC Main Event seat. This includes seats that were won via satellites or any other means.

Life's just not fair sometimes, eh?
  • edited May 2014
    Sorry i didnt see that above post ha, forums and site still playing up for me a bit :/
  • edited May 2014
    Sorry i didnt see that above post ha, forums and site still playing up for me a bit :/
    Posted by alex1229
    Yes, apologies, the Forum is a but clunky this morning. I think there is a chap under the bonnet right now.  
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Over 20 packages to be win for the Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC - starting TODAY : Yes, apologies, the Forum is a but clunky this morning. I think there is a chap under the bonnet right now.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    if he needs help choosing the right spanner......................!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Over 20 packages to be win for the Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC - starting TODAY : if he needs help choosing the right spanner......................!
    Posted by VespaPX
    Fear not, Mick, they have got Orford on the case.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Over 20 packages to be win for the Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC - starting TODAY : In any particular Promo, Paul? As far as I can see, generally, the T & C's state this.... 3. You may participate and enter any of the promotions as many times as you wish however you may only win a maximum of one (1) Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC Main Event seat. This includes seats that were won via satellites or any other means.
    Posted by Tikay10

I do think this does need some more clarification. It states you can participate in many as you want but can only win one 'seat/package'. I think the question is...... can players grind the 'sats for cash' when they have already won a seat?

• edited May 2014

Morning Tikay,

Lets test you!

As its re entry, could we say qualify online and win one through the promo so we had one bullet in reserve?

If this isn't the case, Where there are a set number of seats and someone wins one who has already qualified would their seat go to the next on the list or is it lost?

Matt

• edited May 2014

BEST OF THE BEST

This is an ROI-based MTT Challenge, & runs for the whole of May, starting NOW. 

Details are
    HERE

The TOP TEN all get a Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC PACKAGE, worth £1,500.

So, £15,000 worth there.

Remember to read the T & C's, of course.

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Over 20 packages to be win for the Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC - starting TODAY : I do think this does need some more clarification. It states you can participate in many as you want but can only win one 'seat/package'. I think the question is...... can players grind the 'sats for cash' when they have already won a seat?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Thanks Alan.

The answer to that is very simple indeed. I just don't know it......

Based on the T & C's, it would appear NOT, but I'll have to ask that man I know, & get back to you. 

I will sort of collate all the questions daily, & send them up to that man once a day, to save making too much of a nuisance of myself.

Hopefully, I'll have an answer by tomorrow morning, or someone from the Office will reply themselves.

Here, just for you, & the other Stoke City supporter, is Sir Rodney Marsh, cleaning the boots of the Stoke City players.

• edited May 2014
    Morning Tikay, Lets test you! As its re entry, could we say qualify online and win one through the promo so we had one bullet in reserve? If this isn't the case, Where there are a set number of seats and someone wins one who has already qualified would their seat go to the next on the list or is it lost? Matt
    Posted by MattBates
    Marv......

In short, I think the answer is NO, (explanation follows) but I will check for you, & get back to you shorty.

• edited May 2014

OFFICIAL CORRECTION

My Previous Post contained an unfortunate Typo, it should have read.....

In short, I think the answer is NO, (explanation follows) but I will check for you, & get back to you shortly.
  • edited May 2014
    Posted by alex1229
    Yes, I will ask, Alex, but the T & C's seem to clearly cover this, as per my previous reply to you, so I'd not be optimistic that the reply will be a 3 letter word beginning with "Y".
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Over 20 packages to be win for the Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC - starting TODAY : Fear not, Mick, they have got Orford on the case.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Explains everything!

Page not found

If this problem persists please contact customer services.

• edited May 2014
    Morning Tikay, Lets test you! As its re entry, could we say qualify online and win one through the promo so we had one bullet in reserve? If this isn't the case, Where there are a set number of seats and someone wins one who has already qualified would their seat go to the next on the list or is it lost? Matt
    Posted by MattBates
    Some background to that one, Mr Matt.

In an ideal world, yes, that'd be a great idea, though I suspect the Admin might be a bit awkward, & hence it has not been offered.

Worth noting that ALL the 6-Max UKPC seats won on Sky Poker.com, either via qualifying, or Promos, are for DAY 1C, which is the third & last "Day One". 

1A & 1B are both "Re-Entry" days (A can re-enter on B, B can re-enter on C), but C is a proper FREEZEOUT.

It is for this reason that all the seats won on Sky Poker are for 1C, as most of those who win a seat here will not be funded to re-enter, & so may feel disadvantaged if they play 1A or 1B.

I'm sure, however, that DTD could be persuaded to move any qualifier from C to A or B if they specifically request it.    
  • edited May 2014

6-Max UKPC Challenge.

This is a weeky Promo, which will run for 4 consecutive weeks.

Details are
    HERE

It is a SNG (any 6-Max SNG or DYM £5.50 or more) ROI-based challenge.

The top 6, EACH WEEK, will play a televised SNG on the Sunday Evening (dates as per promo page) for the following prizes;

WINNER - £1,500 6-Max UKPC Package (Seat, + £500)

2nd - £1,000 6-Max Seat

3rd  - £220 "Weekly Final" Seat on SkyPoker.com

4th - £220 "Weekly Final" Seat on SkyPoker.com

5th - £48 Semi-Final Seat on Sky Poker.com

6th - £48 Semi-Final Seat on Sky Poker.com

So I make that close to £4,000 worth per week, x 4 weeks.

Remember, please read the T & C's.

• edited May 2014

6-Max UKPC Races

Two qualifying periods, & two seperate "races", spit into those who have more or less than 5,000 Reward Points in April.

Details are
    HERE

Prizes? 

For EACH race.....

1st Place – 6-Max UKPC Main Event Package (£1,000 buy-in to Day 1C + £500 travel and accommodation credit)

- 2nd Place – £1,000 buy-in to 6-Max UKPC Main Event Players that finish

3 - 5 - £220 buy-in to £500k UKPC Final (18th May at 9:15pm)

Players that finish 6 – 10 - £48 buy-in to £500k UKPC Semi (18th May at 7:15pm)

Players that finish 11 – 50 - £10.50 buy-in to UKPC Quarter Final (18th May at 5:15pm)

Players can only win one 6-Max UKPC Main Event seat.

Players that place 3 – 50 have the option of playing their satellite at a later date but need to email or contact customer support prior to May 18th.

So that is just under £4,000 per "race".

Please read the T & C's.  
  • edited May 2014

So it looks like every single player, big or small, MTT, SNG & Cash, has an opportunity, with the minimum threshold being 10 Reward Points for each of the 4 Freerolls.  
  • edited May 2014
    All good promos!

Will be extremely hard for a regular tournament player to get any where near on the ROI table over the month.

I play 15+ tournaments a day and even if i win say 3 main main events over MAY (extremely unlikely any way) my ROI is going to be no where near someone who say Wins a main tonight for insatnce, then only plays another 14 tournaments in the month at £5.50.
  • edited May 2014
    Great promos. Will give these all a go!
  • edited May 2014
    Think it would be much fairer to do it on profit rather than ROI
  • edited May 2014
    The thing I'm questioning is whether a package overrides an original seat or not.

i.e. If you win your seat (£1000) through sats, but then won a package in the promo obviously that's worth more because of the £500 spending money.... so if you win your own seat, then win the promo do you at least get given the £500 so that you haven't lost out?

I suppose the workaround for this is, if you're in the Final sat to win a seat then even if you intend to play the ME, you should reg it first, win the seat, and dereg to take te £1000? Then you've got the money and are open to win a package too?
  • edited May 2014
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    ROI is the fairest way cos it ignores stakes so doesn't exclude anyone who plays lower stakes.

So turning a £1 BI into £100 is the same as turning a £10 BI into £1000 which is fair.

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Over 20 packages to be win for the Sky Poker 6-Max UKPC - starting TODAY : ROI is the fairest way cos it ignores stakes so doesn't exclude anyone who plays lower stakes. So turning a £1 BI into £100 is the same as turning a £10 BI into £1000 which is fair.
    Posted by Lambert180

Ok you are correct - 'fair' is not the word i should of used.  A more accurate measure of the 'Best' would be based on profit?
  • edited May 2014
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    Maybe, maybe not, but that then excludes those who play small stuff ONLY, & would be unfair on them.

A lot of players cannot afford to play the main Events, Rollers, etc, but the ideas is that they have the same chance as everyone else.