You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Scoop 6 Club -10/5/14 -Closed for this week

Comments

• edited May 2014
    NOTTINGHAM 2.45 EXOTIC GUEST. TIME OF LAST RACE IS WITHIN RANGE. CHECK VIDEO OF IT. VERY SLOW 
    AWAY.
  • edited May 2014
    ground will be major factor , wont be g/f anywhere 
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scoop 6 Club -10/5/14 -ALL WELCOME:
    NOTTINGHAM 2.45 EXOTIC GUEST. TIME OF LAST RACE IS WITHIN RANGE. CHECK VIDEO OF IT. VERY SLOW  AWAY. http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/29-04-2014/newcastle/result/613934/james-burrell-handicap/video
    Posted by Ukjoe
    ive already looked and don't disagree.
  • edited May 2014
    i prefer 5-4-3-2-2-1 with 5 going in the last leg but will go with whatever you decide
  • edited May 2014
    ONLY 4 YEAR OLD SO IMPROVEMENT TO COME
  • edited May 2014
    Preferably have a few chances in the last pretty sure it's 12/1 bar field and about 29 runners
  • edited May 2014
    I'd be very worried about having 1 horse in any race,it is at times like this that bankers come unstuck, tomorrow is even more difficult then last week.
  • edited May 2014
    Any reason for ruling out Cap o rushes and heavens guest at ascot
  • edited May 2014
    Not sure  how  useful this may be but  my friend says that if you have a un named fav it could  end up being a horse you already picked  giving you 2 selections the same in same race ??????
  • edited May 2014
    Not sure  how  useful this may be but  my friend says that if you have a un named fav it could  end up being a horse you already picked  giving you 2 selections the same in same race ??????
    Posted by MsBubble
    yes we know
  • edited May 2014
    I'd be very worried about having 1 horse in any race,it is at times like this that bankers come unstuck, tommorrow is even more difficult then last week.
    Posted by wynne1938
    Agree but unfortunately the pot is not endless and as soon as you go to two's you are lessening your horses in others.
  • edited May 2014
    Any reason for ruling out Cap o rushes and heavens guest at ascot
    Posted by 1981MATT
    No reason Matt its just big shann fancied other horses more.
  • edited May 2014

Haven't a clue about the best strategy or the best horses but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just do what you think is best. Going to take an insane amount of luck to win whatever you go with.

Also sorry I forgot all about the credit card charge from last week, will send extra next.

gl us

• edited May 2014
    Looking at the fields in each race, as Wynne said, I'd be a little disappointed if we weakened our hand with just one selection in any one race.

Unless anyone has a sure thing?

• edited May 2014
    Haven't a clue about the best strategy or the best horses but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just do what you think is best. Going to take an insane amount of luck to win whatever you go with. Also sorry I forgot all about the credit card charge from last week, will send extra next. gl us
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

+1

• edited May 2014
    Have given this a lot of thought!
    You could do 4 perms of 2x2x2x2x2x2=128x4 = £512

For example,say you have upto 4 selections in each race graded as 1,2.3 and 4

Then your 4 perms would be :
    selections 1 and 2 in each race(perm 1)
    selections 1 and 3 in each race (perm 2)
    selections 1 and 4 in each race(perm 3)
    selections 2 and 3 in each race(perm 4)

That is the way I would go!

Have th ecourage of your convictions.
    Good Luck!
  • edited May 2014
    The Decision is made and it was bloody hard to get a perm we could afford and cover the horses Big Shann wanted after he had seen some of your comments and took them on board. Also remember we put 4 in the first race last week and didn't get one placed(my fault) let alone winning.  

For better or for worse this is our perm 3x3x1x3x3x3 =£486 

1.50 Haydock
    4 - Trackmate,
    6- Big Hands Harry
    11-Join THe Clan

2.20 Lingfield

1 Casual Smile
    8 Moonrise Landing
    10 Queens Prize

2.40 Ascot
    1-Pethers Moon

2.45 Nottingham
    7- Taurus Twins
    9-Point north
    16 -Exotic Guest

3-As I am
    11-Ballglasheen
    12-Dubawi Island

6 Glen moss
    13-Purcell
    23-Brownsea Brink

This bet will not be put on until tomorrow after checking for non runners. You comments will be used to put in replacement horses(as agreed by Bigshann)  rather than going to unnamed favs.

Taking out the one off expense from last week which had been reduced to £12.90 we have £21.10 to carry over to next week. 

As per what was suggested and not condemned last week, the next biggest shareholder Indieben has agreed to pick next weeks. Lets hope insteasd we are all there picking our bonus race horse.

Father Vaigret  
  • edited May 2014
    now we are all off to do our little perms / £2 lines as well.

Good luck all
  • edited May 2014
    Have given this a lot of thought! You could do 4 perms of 2x2x2x2x2x2=128x4 = £512 For example,say you have upto 4 selections in each race graded as 1,2.3 and 4 Then your 4 perms would be : selections 1 and 2 in each race(perm 1) selections 1 and 3 in each race (perm 2) selections 1 and 4 in each race(perm 3) selections 2 and 3 in each race(perm 4) That is the way I would go! Have th ecourage of your convictions. Good Luck!
    Posted by wynne1938

Problem with this is what if you get 5 up in 1 perm and 1 in another and the one in the other wouold of been definitely in your single perm but wasnt because you could only have 2 from each race?  If that makes sense.

I do not know a lot about horses and I am primarily involved in this for a bit of fun!  I have however spent at least 3-4 hours on this today and looked at several different betting sites/ guides, read everyones opinions and suggestions and taken counsel from the father!  and hopefully fingers crossed we have a winning perm.  

If not heyho it has been fun and lets go again next week when it will be someone elses stress and concern to pick the horses for us all to follow on saturday.

Gl us.
  • edited May 2014
    just realised I am doing too much. Volunteers please for people to help the selector each week rather than me.

One Volunteer each week will help the person with selections and perm. Then all they have to do is tell me on Saturday morning their selections and cost and I will put on the bet.

This will give more different people the chance to have a proper input.

So we need somebody to help indieben next week. not Vaigret, Joesman or Big Shann.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scoop 6 Club -10/5/14 -ALL WELCOME : Race 1 - Big Easy - Ernie Els, golfer, golf is played on grass, grass is Green Race 2 - Mutatis mutandis -  is a Latin phrase meaning change. Green is often used to symbolize rebirth and renewal.   Race 3 - Buckwheat - Grown in green fields, is one of the Worlds healthiest foods,  Green is ofc the colour of nature and life. Race 4 - Rylee Mooch - Rylee is a name of Irish origin, Irish people are made of Green! Race 5 - Swing bowler - everyone knows the great swing bowlers are unplayable on Green wickets. Race 6 -  Glen Moss - Ofc, the multi million dollar horse!    ...............or you could just pick green colours! ..... :P
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dohhhhhhh my cap is doffed to ya ;o)

Selection wise I'm quite happy to go with Shanny's selections he's been doing well lately and that is what I thought we had agreed at the beginning of the week. As for the perms I too would like to see more than 1 horse in each race if possible, the Kingman factor just tips the balance for me. Come on potentially £7.5m or at least a share of ;o)
  • edited May 2014

Good work fellows....good luck all!!!!

• edited May 2014
    just realised I am doing too much. Volunteers please for people to help the selector each week rather than me. One Volunteer each week will help the person with selections and perm. Then all they have to do is tell me on Saturday morning their selections and cost and I will put on the bet. This will give more different people the chance to have a proper input. So we need somebody to help indieben next week. not Vaigret, Joesman or Big Shann.
    Posted by vaigret
    il get the mrs on it....

be careful what u wish for.

seriously i'd love to help, but i dont have a scooby. Much prefer to leave it to ppl who know more than me.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scoop 6 Club -10/5/14 -ALL WELCOME : Problem with this is what if you get 5 up in 1 perm and 1 in another and the one in the other wouold of been definitely in your single perm but wasnt because you could only have 2 from each race?  If that makes sense. I do not know a lot about horses and I am primarily involved in this for a bit of fun!  I have however spent at least 3-4 hours on this today and looked at several different betting sites/ guides, read everyones opinions and suggestions and taken counsel from the father!  and hopefully fingers crossed we have a winning perm.   If not heyho it has been fun and lets go again next week when it will be someone elses stress and concern to pick the horses for us all to follow on saturday. Gl us.
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    My first perm selection of all those mentioned would be 4x4x4x2x2,
    as mentioned there is no banker in these situations.
    Good luck with whatever you choose to do!
    We are all in this together.
    I willl now complete the rest of my selections for tomorrow!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scoop 6 Club -10/5/14 -ALL WELCOME : My first perm selection of all those mentioned would be 4x4x4x2x2, as mentioned there is no banker in these situations. Good luck with whatever you choose to do! We are all in this together. I willl now complete the rest of my selections for tomorrow!
    Posted by wynne1938
    That would be good wynne but the problems start when you have races where you don't fancy four and more importantly when you cant reduce two races to two selections. That was the big problem this week.
  • edited May 2014
    all extra pounds will now be added into kitty
  • edited May 2014
    Whatever is picked is fine. Its  bit of a lottery anyway.
    However possible explanation why someone picks a horse would be helpful.
    Either here or PM

• edited May 2014
    Just a thought.....

The answer might be, that you've already spent enough time on it, but....

Where we have just one selection in race 3, would it make sense to use some of our surplus funds and put on a few extra single perms, covering our picks in the 5 other races and adding a second and maybe third pick in the third race?
  • edited May 2014
    Big v well done to Terry (again) and BIGSHAAN. I've deliberately kept out of the way this week. Gl to us
  • edited May 2014
    Just in case my posts come across as 'moany' which is not how I'm feeling.

To be clear......

Big thanks and appreciation to Father and Bigshann for the commitment this week.

It's along time since I've looked forward to watching the racing on a Saturday afternoon.

Now I'm going to pick out a couple of 'mug punter' Lucky 15's to complete the preparation.

Good Luck us!!!!