You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Scoop 6 Club -10/5/14 -Closed for this week

Comments

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scoop 6 Club -10/5/14 -ALL WELCOME:
    Just in case my posts come across as 'moany' which is not how I'm feeling. To be clear...... Big thanks and appreciation to Father and Bigshann for the commitment this week. It's along time since I've looked forward to watching the racing on a Saturday afternoon. Now I'm going to pick out a couple of 'mug punter' Lucky 15's to complete the preparation. Good Luck us!!!!
    Posted by TheDart
    + 1. thanks guys.

really looking forward to watching it later.

• edited May 2014

Just popped in to say "good luck" to you lads today.

FWIW, I'm involved in a similar thing elsewhere, & just as we see here, it is very hard - impossible - to come up with a strategy that suits everyone, but you just have to go with something, & hope it works out. 

Good luck, hope you at least get a decent sweat.

This afternooon, you might all be rich........

• edited May 2014

Cheers Shanny for the picks this week. Thanks also to Father for all his assistance once again getting this pieced together....it is APPRECIATED.

As a syndicate, we should be looking to maximising our chances at winning this thing. This will only be possible using the best brains within the group for the selection process. If going forward an 'A' team can be formed to pick one week, then a 'B' team the week after. Teams obv can take note of any thoughts within the group on selection choices.

Like others in here.....I haven't got a scooby do on perms or horse selection and in for fun....but do know that those with more expertise knowledge need to be used every week where possible.

Good luck us later!!
  • edited May 2014
    I have a small share of BIGSHANN's investment and would like someone to just check the numbers he has given you as he was on the beers last night and he has been known to make miscalculations before (check any of his recent tournament play!) 
  • edited May 2014
    Just popped in to say "good luck" to you lads today. FWIW, I'm involved in a similar thing elsewhere, & just as we see here, it is very hard - impossible - to come up with a strategy that suits everyone, but you just have to go with something, & hope it works out.  Good luck, hope you at least get a decent sweat.   This afternooon, you might all be rich........  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Now that Tikay has posted on here, I feel I can say what I wanted to before, but daren't for fear of upsetting anyone or compromising Tikay.

As Tikay says he's involved 'elsewhere', and they have amassed £1,000's in their syndicate. IF, and only IF, it's not won today, how does this syndicate feel about throwing our two pennith into Tikay's 'pool', so massively increasing our chances of a portion of the pie?? 

Thoughts please....
  • edited May 2014
    Bet Confirmation  - HG4835091030I  - Internet Time of bet:  10/05/2014 11:48:44 Print
    Scoop6  10/05/2014
    LegSelectionRacePlace TermsResult
    1Trackmate (4)1.50 Haydock3 PlacesTo Run
    Big Hands Harry (6)To Run
    Join The Clan (11)To Run
    2Casual Smile (1)2.20 Lingfield3 PlacesTo Run
    Moonrise Landing (8)To Run
    Queen's Prize (10)To Run
    3Pether's Moon (1)2.40 Ascot3 PlacesTo Run
    4Taurus Twins (7)2.45 Nottingham3 PlacesTo Run
    Point North (9)To Run
    Exotic Guest (16)To Run
    5As I Am (3)3.30 Haydock3 PlacesTo Run
    Ballyglasheen (11)To Run
    Dubawi Island (12)To Run
    6Glen Moss (6)3.50 Ascot4 PlacesTo Run
    Purcell (13)To Run
    Brownsea Brink (23)To Run
    243@ Unit Stake:  2.00  Total Stake:  486.00   
  • edited May 2014
    Cheers Shanny for the picks this week. Thanks also to Father for all his assistance once again getting this pieced together....it is APPRECIATED. As a syndicate, we should be looking to maximising our chances at winning this thing. This will only be possible using the best brains within the group for the selection process. If going forward an 'A' team can be formed to pick one week, then a 'B' team the week after. Teams obv can take note of any thoughts within the group on selection choices. Like others in here.....I haven't got a scooby do on perms or horse selection and in for fun....but do know that those with more expertise knowledge need to be used every week where possible. Good luck us later!!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Haven't got anything against this , it takes pressure off me.

My suggestion if he is up for it next week is for Indieben to pick a team of three, no more, of the people involved. They can fully discuss and then tell me the perm and selections next Saturday morning. It would give more people a chance of having ago early in the syndicate.   
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scoop 6 Club -10/5/14 -ALL WELCOME : Now that Tikay has posted on here, I feel I can say what I wanted to before, but daren't for fear of upsetting anyone or compromising Tikay. As Tikay says he's involved 'elsewhere', and they have amassed £1,000's in their syndicate. IF, and only IF, it's not won today, how does this syndicate feel about throwing our two pennith into Tikay's 'pool', so massively increasing our chances of a portion of the pie??  Thoughts please....
    Posted by joesman1
    I would think it would be better to have as many goes as this as possible. So I would favour the chance of people in this syndicate being allowed to join tikay's if they want or vice versa rather than tying all our people one way or another.

Comments please...
  • edited May 2014
    Just popped in to say "good luck" to you lads today. FWIW, I'm involved in a similar thing elsewhere, & just as we see here, it is very hard - impossible - to come up with a strategy that suits everyone, but you just have to go with something, & hope it works out.  Good luck, hope you at least get a decent sweat.   This afternooon, you might all be rich........  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay and good luck
  • edited May 2014
    Just in case my posts come across as 'moany' which is not how I'm feeling. To be clear...... Big thanks and appreciation to Father and Bigshann for the commitment this week. It's along time since I've looked forward to watching the racing on a Saturday afternoon. Now I'm going to pick out a couple of 'mug punter' Lucky 15's to complete the preparation. Good Luck us!!!!
    Posted by TheDart
    Thanks for your comments Darty, too late really to do your idea re single perms with left over money but could be taken on board for future weeks. It would still be hard to do though. and you would be sure to get 3 winners in one line and 3 winners in another which would be evn more heartbreaking than missing out by one or two. 

Any comments
  • edited May 2014
    Top efforts Vaigret (again) and Bigshann!!
  • edited May 2014
    Well done all , especially Vaigret and Bigshann   after all its just a gamble. 
  • edited May 2014
    Well done all for getting it sorted.

fwiw I'd be happy to pay in each week even if 1 person started flicking through the races, picked the horses, put the bets on and posted the selections within half an hour.

No need to go into such depth if it becomes a chore and/or you aren't enjoying doing it.

It should be fun.

Anyway, gl us today,
  • edited May 2014
    Well done all for getting it sorted. fwiw I'd be happy to pay in each week even if 1 person started flicking through the races, picked the horses, put the bets on and posted the selections within half an hour. No need to go into such depth if it becomes a chore and/or you aren't enjoying doing it. It should be fun. Anyway, gl us today,
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Hi all,

Don't get me wrong it is fun , really enjoying it but as a person who likes to give his opinion and thinks he is right most of the time LOL it is very difficult for me to sit back and let the people vote. That is the pressure and feel it is not fair that I have an input to the selector each week and other people who are probably just as good or better having to wait for their chance.

Father V
  • edited May 2014
    GL us, excited.
  • edited May 2014
    bring on next week
  • edited May 2014
    Once we get past the first leg we might have a chance !!!!!

Only one left in our family still in Scoop 6 is my wife!!!!
  • edited May 2014
    GL us, excited.
    Posted by splashies
    Unlucky again! Hope it gets busts, I'm game to pick next week. Let me know who the regular horse punters are 
  • edited May 2014
    Would have suggested the second horse on times but has seconditis so no good for scoop purposes
  • edited May 2014
    Lol... U couldn't make it up. Ul lads.... With this syndicate, and the one I'm in with Tiikay, had EIGHT horses covered, inc 3 of the front 4 approaching the 2nd last..... But not the winner!!! 

Bet u are all thinking, ffs Pricewise spotted it, why didn't we?? Not easy is it??

Roll on next week.... Hopefully.....
  • edited May 2014
    9238 remaining
  • edited May 2014
    Said to Bigshann, Ralph Beckett always wins this race but Honour Bound the last of his we would have picked.

By the way Wife down as well.
  • edited May 2014
    Ah well, fun while it lasted lol.

Hopefully get another bash at it next week.
  • edited May 2014
  • edited May 2014
    Thought GATEWOOD had seconditis hence not suggested  ffs
  • edited May 2014
    thank goodness Gatewood beat our horse, those as unnamed favs go on it not Gatewood.
  • edited May 2014
    At least we were right with Taurus Twins Hurrah
  • edited May 2014
    I hope exotic guest wins this , bet place only on betfair, should take out a few if so