You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Scotty77 riding high.

edited May 2014 in Poker Chat

Yesterday was the first of three x Day Ones for the £1 million guaranteed UKIPT.

Scotty77 was prominent all day, & finished the day with a very decent stack indeed, in about 8th place, & so returns on Saturday.

Sadly, Thewy perished along the way, as did "Style", but maybe they'll re-enter.

Some notable names that caught my eye were.....

Ben Vinson 180,100

Alex Spencer (Sky Poker UKPC Winner) 171,900

Ryan Spittles, aka Scotty77 - 130,300

Tom Middleton, aka Middy - 87,500

Max Silver - 76,100

Jake Cody - 70,000

Willie Tann - 46,200

Comments

• edited May 2014

Below are a few photos of the boys, taken by SPT Rich, & reproduced with permission.
  • edited May 2014

Thewy, who has perfected the "just out of bed" look.

• edited May 2014

Here's Ryan, wearing what appears to be a winceyette pyjama top under his hoodie.

• edited May 2014

Style by name, style by nature. Good looking boy, huh?

• edited May 2014

Meanwhile, the £3,000 High Roller (101 entries including 15 re-entries!) was won by an old adversary of Paul Lambert, none other than Dave Shallow. Some business was done Heads-Up between Dave, & a chap named Richard Kellett, & they took £68,000 each.

Dave Shallow is, by profession, a sports bettor.  

• edited May 2014
    Many thanks Tikay.

Most of yesterday went fantastic.  Was CL or thereabouts for most of the day. My original table was pretty tough but managed to chip up.  Then got moved to a pretty decent table bar one Matt Perrins, double bracelet winner.  Played a 100k pot with him at 300/600 with me holding AA and him AQ.  Then after that I was table captain for a while and was loving my table, on about 130k with only a good friend of Styles being the main danger.

We were playing 10 levels (UKIPTS are usually 8/9 on day 1 but because of the field expected they needed it to be longer for enough room for day 2) and mid way thru level 7 I got moved to this table:

Tom Middleton - EPT Winner
    David Capon - Total Player finalist, used to destroy the high stakes cash games here back in the day
    Alex Spencer - UKPC Winner
    Ben Dobson - UKPC 6 max winner
    Jake Cody - Triple crown winner

Was very very glad to just maintain on a table like that and took the same 130k I joined the table with thru to day 2.

GL if any other Sky players play today or tomorrow.  I know that Sam1986 is playing today and that Julian is having another entry at some point too.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scotty77 riding high.:
    Many thanks Tikay. Most of yesterday went fantastic.  Was CL or thereabouts for most of the day. My original table was pretty tough but managed to chip up.  Then got moved to a pretty decent table bar one Matt Perrins, double bracelet winner.  Played a 100k pot with him at 300/600 with me holding AA and him AQ.  Then after that I was table captain for a while and was loving my table, on about 130k with only a good friend of Styles being the main danger. We were playing 10 levels (UKIPTS are usually 8/9 on day 1 but because of the field expected they needed it to be longer for enough room for day 2) and mid way thru level 7 I got moved to this table: Tom Middleton - EPT Winner David Capon - Total Player finalist, used to destroy the high stakes cash games here back in the day Alex Spencer - UKPC Winner Ben Dobson - UKPC 6 max winner Jake Cody - Triple crown winner Was very very glad to just maintain on a table like that and took the same 130k I joined the table with thru to day 2. GL if any other Sky players play today or tomorrow.  I know that Sam1986 is playing today and that Julian is having another entry at some point too.
    Posted by scotty77
    wp Ryan

joesman1 is playing tomorrow, so gl to him.
  • edited May 2014

Nice one Ryan.

What view did you form of Alex Spencer's play?

I have a sneaky suspicion that the boy might just be a bit special. For one so young & inexperienced, he seems to be doing rather better than you'd expect.

I've not seen David Capon (Sparce?) for ages.

I hope to go up on Sunday & play the baby Omaha thing, be good to see you still going along nicely then.

Good luck to Joesman tomorrow, too.

• edited May 2014
    Alex spencers a good friend of bolly580 so on that basis he'll of just bossed the table from start to finish and played perfectly throughout.
  • edited May 2014
    good updating tony,

yes i had one of those days where nothing happened then bang bang, 2 hands & i was out - luckily i won 2 seats so will re-enter tomorrow,

it looks like 130 is the target...
  • edited May 2014
    Alex Spencer didn't play too out of line, nor too nitty.  Was opening a reasonable amount. Didn't waste any chips, if he played a pot then he generally won it. To be fair no one was really, except Middy who's stack was very up and down.

Alex had an amazing hand in the last level of the day.

Folded round to him in the SB and he makes it 3k at 600/1200 out of about 75k.  The BB, an older guy about 65/70, makes it 13k out of also 75.  Alex thinks for a while and goes to 25k.  The BB then SNAP goes all in, not even a seconds thought.  Alex calls with AA and the BB had KTdd and despite a K on the turn was stacked!

David Capon said that he still plays for a living, a lot more live in London but also pretty decent stakes online too.
  • edited May 2014
    Alex spencers a good friend of bolly580 so on that basis he'll of just bossed the table from start to finish and played perfectly throughout.
    Posted by dre136
    Cringe
  • edited May 2014
    Nice one. 

If possible on Fridays updates can i get counts on William (Willie) Elliot please. 

Thanks. 
  • edited May 2014
    good updating tony, yes i had one of those days where nothing happened then bang bang, 2 hands & i was out - luckily i won 2 seats so will re-enter tomorrow, it looks like 130 is the target...
    Posted by yoyo
    Lol, I got rumbled..........
  • edited May 2014

Yesterday was the 2nd of the 3 Day 1's, & I spotted a couple of Sky Poker regulars who had a decent day.....

Sam Bayliss (Sam1986) 76,700

James Williams (lJAMESl) 56,000

David Capon (Sparce) 25,800

There may have been others, but those are the ones I spotted.

The third & final Day One takes place today, & I know several Sky Poker regulars will be playing, including Thewy (Bullet 2) & Joesman. Good luck to all of them.
  • edited May 2014
    Yesterday was the 2nd of the 3 Day 1's, & I spotted a couple of Sky Poker regulars who had a decent day..... Sam Bayliss (Sam1986) 76,700 James Williams (lJAMESl) 56,000 David Capon (Sparce) 25,800 . There may have been others, but those are the ones I spotted. The third & final Day One takes place today, & I know several Sky Poker regulars will be playing, including Thewy (Bullet 2) & Joesman. Good luck to all of them.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I finished day 1 yesterday with 127,200 :)

Day 2 Saturday, can't wait!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scotty77 riding high. : I finished day 1 yesterday with 127,200 :) Day 2 Saturday, can't wait!
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Well done Andy gl on Saturday and beyond.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scotty77 riding high. : I finished day 1 yesterday with 127,200 :) Day 2 Saturday, can't wait!
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Good man!

Apologies, I was not aware of your real name.

I'll be following you today, though.

• edited May 2014

A quick peruse of yesterday's Day 1c chip counts & I spotted a man doing it in style....

Michael Kane 50,700.

Thewy played - again - but I can't find his name on the chip counts......

• edited May 2014
    A quick peruse of yesterday's Day 1c chip counts & I spotted a man doing it in style .... Michael Kane 50,700. Thewy played - again - but I can't find his name on the chip counts......  
    Posted by Tikay10
    What's his name?

Thanks for the updaterings. GL Sky peeps!

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scotty77 riding high. : What's his name? Thanks for the updaterings. GL Sky peeps!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    My name is.......
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scotty77 riding high. : My name is.......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Not a lot of people know that.......
  • edited May 2014

"... you were only supposed the show the bloody fours off."

• edited May 2014
    GL SKY PEEPS :):):) XXXX
  • edited May 2014

They are all in the money now, around 100 remain, including Ryan, who has about 180,000, with Blinds @ 3,000-6,000 + RA. (So he has around 30 Bigs).

Good luck Ryan.
  • edited May 2014
    GOOD LUCK RYAN :):):)XXX
  • edited May 2014
    good luck Mr Spittles.
    All thje best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014

Good luck Ryan...........on fire!

• edited May 2014
  • edited May 2014
    Ryan Spittles ‏RyanSpittles  42s

650k going into 5/10k. 2 more levels today, everything going my way generally!