You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Scotty77 riding high.

124»

Comments

• edited May 2014

well done ryan for making final table and good luck for today.

• edited May 2014
    Thanks very much guys.

When I went to the feature I had a number of factors the meant I just had to keep really snug.  The stacks around plus my own stack meant I couldn't really steal, plus I was getting terrible hands.  Most of yesterday was bottom 10pc hands! Last hand before the. break I was very frustrated as just wanted something playable on BTN with 10bb and looked down at 83o!

But the patience was rewarded.  2nd hand after the break I'm in the BB.  BTN opens,  SB calls and I jam 12bb with AK.  SB tank calls and looks really uncomfortable and the SB decided to fold TT! SB had AJ and the board bricked out so the K played.

Willie played really well and is a great guy too, clearly loves and enjoys the game and has a really fantastic attitude so glad that he made the FT too.

Play starts at 2 and there is a live stream at 3 (an hour delay). Sure you guys can find a link and they even have an app for mobile devices too!
  • edited May 2014
    ALL THE BEST RYAN AND WILLIE AND TK.
    RAINMAN397
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scotty77 riding high.:
    ALL THE BEST RYAN AND WILLIE AND TK. RAINMAN397
    Posted by rainman397
    TK?

I'm afraid, in tournament terms, I'm like the parrot in Monty Python. I have expired, & I'm nailed to this keyboard.
  • edited May 2014
    Very well done Mr K - nice result

Good luck today to Ryan and Willie, 

Mother 
    xx

• edited May 2014
    Good luck guys, live changing result on the cards, so to speak
  • edited May 2014
    congrats on the sidey Tikay, best of luck to everyone still in. 
  • edited May 2014
    5th locked up but short stacked Ryan needs double up with 12 bigs
  • edited May 2014
    Ryan out in 5th K J v A 10 the A holding. All in UTG called by BB. VWP Ryan
  • edited May 2014
    Willie bust too, turned his weak FH into a bluff. McLellan snapped with Quads
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scotty77 riding high. : Ha! While Ryan & Willie were battling through a 1,200 runner, £1,100 entry Main Event, with £218,000 up top, I was paddling my own mini-canoe in a 58 runner £150 sidey. Gotta know your limitations. 4th for £920 in a UKIPT was most pleasing in a £150 event, & was my third successive "Tour Sidey" Omaha cash, following the £500 UKPC (2nd of 79, for £7,000) & £75 GUKPT Brighton, (5th of a whopping 28 for £524). For non-Omaha players, the game produces some wonderful moments, & my exit was pretty interesting, when I re-shoved with A-K-J-2dd & got accommodated by 7-8-9-9. This is almost a coin flip, I'm a very small favourite, but the flop was incred - A-9-A, giving him the flopped boat, but I was still 46% to win. Gotta love Omaha! Can't complain at all.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Is there any plans or have they learnt how to analyise Omaha hands on the TV channel yet?I,d actually watch and listen to you for an hour maybe if you were talking Omaha (only) 

WD Scotty and the other Sky players
  • edited May 2014
    Well done Ryan on another excellent deep run in a big tournament. The big win is coming soon...
  • edited May 2014
    Thanks again guys.  Very happy with 5th.  Did some expert laddering!  Maybe 1 hand that I shoulda went with when it was still 8 left but I think considering ICM it was fine.

Getting a big live trophy will have to wait a while...

• edited May 2014
    Thanks again guys.  Very happy with 5th.  Did some expert laddering!  Maybe 1 hand that I shoulda went with when it was still 8 left but I think considering ICM it was fine. Getting a big live trophy will have to wait a while...
    Posted by scotty77
    Think i know which hand that was, looked pretty close. 

Very well played. You had a very awkward seat in that first level or so. 

All the best for Vegas. 
  • edited May 2014
    Amazing work again bro

So chuffed for you! Cant help but feel that your first major tournament win is 
    a matter of when, not if!

Congrats

Reds
  • edited May 2014
    Congrats Ryan!

It won't be long now before a glitzy trophy is sitting on your mantlepiece (no pun intended) :)
  • edited May 2014
    Congrats Ryan! It won't be long now before a glitzy trophy is sitting on your mantlepiece (no pun intended) :)
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    He already has one I think, after winning this.....

• edited May 2014

Oops, my apologies, that is Nick Pryce, not Ryan Spittles.

OK, here's the man yesterday, with his cool new bins.

Looks pretty happy to me.

• edited May 2014
    Oops, my apologies, that is Nick Pryce, not Ryan Spittles. OK, here's the man yesterday, with his cool new bins. Looks pretty happy to me.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Nice rub down Tikay!
  • edited May 2014

Ryan did actually get this very trophy, back in 2012, & won $11,500. While he was winning that, I was coming 6th for $2,435 in a PLO Tourney at the very same venue.

History sort of repeated itself this week, as while Ryan was binking £55,000+ in that UKIPT thing, I was getting another 4th in a PLO thing at the same fessie, for a whole £920.

Meh.

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scotty77 riding high. : Nice rub down Tikay!
    Posted by Enut
    Had to be done, Tuney, had to be done. And it will really hit the spot, believe me.

Anyway, how are you running these days? I miss the banter we used to have in the DYM's, & I know you went through a lean spell, you still playing, doing any good?

I'll be back at the Sky Poker PLO8 & PLO tables, God willing, after Vegas. Save a seat for me.

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scotty77 riding high. : Had to be done, Tuney, had to be done. And it will really hit the spot, believe me. Anyway, how are you running these days? I miss the banter we used to have in the DYM's, & I know you went through a lean spell, you still playing, doing any good? I'll be back at the Sky Poker PLO8 & PLO tables, God willing, after Vegas. Save a seat for me.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Not getting much chance to play at the moment Tikay, too busy with work sadly. The few MTTs I am playing are going ok and I binked a £55 BH recently, which helped. I miss the PLO8 tables as well, I check the DYMs tables when I play but rarely find enough traffic to play. Probably good though as I'm pretty sure they were ruining my ROI!

It was nice to see you FT in another Omaha live event. Do you ever NOT cash? Have a great time in Vegas and I look forward to catching up on the PLO8 tables when you're back. I'm sure you could get a few of the old 'regs' back playing a bit if you played.  

p.s Recent cash Omaha hand, I had AAxx all in pre v KKxx and QQxx. I had them both covered. QQxx hit a set and KKxx hit a flush so I came 3rd.! It's a lovely game! 

Run well Sir Tikay
  • edited May 2014
    I was watching the live stream of this yesterday, really good watch must have picked somthing up from it as i won my first ME @ Sky last night :)
  • edited May 2014
    Excellent result again Mr Spittles well deserved.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Scotty77 riding high. : He already has one I think, after winning this.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    This guy is way too good looking to be Ryan Spittles I'm afraid...
  • edited May 2014
    Well done scotty77, tried too watch when i could but working at the time, hard too teach people driving if im live linking poker. its kind of frowned apon.

hope things go well in vegas aswell.