You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Going broke

Comments

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke:
    Just thought I would let you guys know I have got an interview set up for tuesday for a job working as a chef(what I used to do) wish me luck...
    Posted by K8LOU
    Good luck fella 

• edited May 2014
    Best of luck Kate
  • edited May 2014
    Just thought I would let you guys know I have got an interview set up for tuesday for a job working as a chef(what I used to do) wish me luck...
    Posted by K8LOU
    Good luck.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited May 2014
    Hi K8 I was wondering what happened to you lately and sorry to see that it's not good news . I'm no expert on staking but once that deal ended the 2K you had is no way enough to try to run solo.  But what to do now? You have to get a job. Any job that will give you a regular income. But unlike omm I know it isn't as easy as he says. I'm having to look for work now myself and I'm guessing the job situation in Liverpool is much the same as in Bolton. Contact the job centre make a claim for JSA and they will fix up an appointment with a careers advisor at your local office and you can take things from there. At least if you are claiming benefits then your rent and council tax will be taken care of.  There's a few members of TPT (yes profman he's already a member of TPT) use Skype if you want advice about anything. I've not joined in yet myself but I am on Skype. Good luck with things and please keep us informed how things are going.
    Posted by FlyingDagg

Sorry TPTERS, I had no idea k8 was even on the site. I thought he had just joined or something. I was just trying to put him in touch with people who could give him advice on brm as I am only a recreational player and the ones I know in THS could. I've read through here and he's had great advice. If he doesn't take notice then he's only himself to blame. DID YOU HEAR THAT K8?

Btw ...chuffed that you've got a job interview....good stuffm8 and good luck!
  • edited May 2014
    Best of luck with the job interview, think it is the best thing to do personally.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : cos there cheap labour and the tramps shouldnt even be in our country
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I had to read this about three times before I twigged how ignorant you really are. 

And I don't mean to take this thread off topic but when you post complete and utter drivel like you do on this forum, someone has to take you to task. So you've got a criminal record and are the salt of the earth and yet an immigrant who takes a job that you would never take because its beneath you,  are cheap labour and tramps?

If you actually get your head out from where the sun doesn't shine, you would realise that some of most wealthy people in this country (who employ thousands of british citizens) are actually immigrants. 

Back on topic, K8lou/John hope everything goes well in your interview mate. Poker will always be there and you can build a roll from small acorns with your ability.   

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : I had to read this about three times before I twigged how ignorant you really are.  And I don't mean to take this thread off topic but when you post complete and utter drivel like you do on this forum, someone has to take you to task. So you've got a criminal record and are the salt of the earth and yet an immigrant who takes a job that you would never take because its beneath you,  are cheap labour and tramps? If you actually get your head out from where the sun doesn't shine, you would realise that some of most wealthy people in this country (who employ thousands of british citizens) are actually immigrants.  Back on topic, K8lou/John hope everything goes well in your interview mate. Poker will always be there and you can build a roll from small acorns with your ability.   
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    They're also huge punters, who love throwing their hard earned in to bookies pockets.

Open the floodgates imo, let em all in :)
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : They're also huge punters, who love throwing their hard earned in to bookies pockets. Open the floodgates imo, let em all in :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    And this is what happens when you start watching sky news, mr farage !
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : I had to read this about three times before I twigged how ignorant you really are.  And I don't mean to take this thread off topic but when you post complete and utter drivel like you do on this forum, someone has to take you to task. So you've got a criminal record and are the salt of the earth and yet an immigrant who takes a job that you would never take because its beneath you,  are cheap labour and tramps? If you actually get your head out from where the sun doesn't shine, you would realise that some of most wealthy people in this country (who employ thousands of british citizens) are actually immigrants.  Back on topic, K8lou/John hope everything goes well in your interview mate. Poker will always be there and you can build a roll from small acorns with your ability.   
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    u will never take me to task boy, i have my views and i am entitled to them as a englishmen whos payed my taxes for years, ive worked minimum wage jobs since i was 17 years old so dont try telling me what i will and wont do for a living, u dont like what i write click the ignore button or better still report me to customer care like a grass and get me banned.
  • edited May 2014
    Sorry to hear this k8lou, but very best of luck for the interview...
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : u will never take me to task boy, i have my views and i am entitled to them as a englishmen whos payed my taxes for years, ive worked minimum wage jobs since i was 17 years old so dont try telling me what i will and wont do for a living, u dont like what i write click the ignore button or better still report me to customer care like a grass and get me banned.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Considering you are an "Englishman", why can you not read, write or spell? Do immigrants not pay taxes? 

I don't need to report you, it's much more fun watching you make a complete fool of yourself. Sadly, you will be completely oblivious to your ignorant bigoted views. 
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : Considering you are an "Englishman", why can you not read, write or spell? Do immigrants not pay taxes?  I don't need to report you, it's much more fun watching you make a complete fool of yourself. Sadly, you will be completely oblivious to your ignorant bigoted views. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER

half of them dont pay taxes no, im not going to go to far into this cos i can see you are trying to provoke me into saying something, i dont need english lessons by the way but even if i did so what? we cant all be good at everything, you're s*** at poker but i dont point that out to you and you have racked up enough games on here to last a life time!!!
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : half of them dont pay taxes no, im not going to go to far into this cos i can see you are trying to provoke me into saying something, i dont need english lessons by the way but even if i did so what? we cant all be good at everything, you're s*** at poker but i dont point that out to you and you have racked up enough games on here to last a life time!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I am trying to provoke you into saying something, or you have already said something?

Everything you have said on this thread is without proof or substance. It's what your ignorant brain wants to believe. As for the poker, well done it must be the only thing you can get right in your life, what an achievement. If you think you're that good come and look me up at cash. I am sure we can arrange a hu game.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : I am trying to provoke you into saying something, or you have already said something? Everything you have said on this thread is without proof or substance. It's what your ignorant brain wants to believe. As for the poker, well done it must be the only thing you can get right in your life, what an achievement. If you think you're that good come and look me up at cash. I am sure we can arrange a hu game.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN !!!!!! <3<3<3
  • edited May 2014
    GL with the job K8.

Edit: and gl FCHD also.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : I am trying to provoke you into saying something, or you have already said something? Everything you have said on this thread is without proof or substance. It's what your ignorant brain wants to believe. As for the poker, well done it must be the only thing you can get right in your life, what an achievement. If you think you're that good come and look me up at cash. I am sure we can arrange a hu game.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    were will i find you nl10? wait til i empty my copper jar and il see if i can afford it. ive said what i think and you have taken offence, i dont really care what you think but i will respond if i see fit, theres to many people coming to this country taking british peoples jobs, granted half of them are good grafters but theres just as many that are not and are here for an easy ride to claim our better benefits because our government is too soft. i have worked with polish people in previous jobs, got on fine with them, didnt change what i thought of them though, 8 people sharing a 2 bedroom terrace house and working for a wage which was breaking the law. sorry but if you agree with that then you are also ignorant. so this is where we should all stand together as one, stand our flags in the ground and say THIS IS ENGLAND, THIS ENGLAND AND THIS IS ******** ENGLAND
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : were will i find you nl10? wait til i empty my copper jar and il see if i can afford it. ive said what i think and you have taken offence, i dont really care what you think but i will respond if i see fit, theres to many people coming to this country taking british peoples jobs, granted half of them are good grafters but theres just as many that are not and are here for an easy ride to claim our better benefits because our government is too soft. i have worked with polish people in previous jobs, got on fine with them, didnt change what i thought of them though, 8 people sharing a 2 bedroom terrace house and working for a wage which was breaking the law. sorry but if you agree with that then you are also ignorant. so this is where we should all stand together as one, stand our flags in the ground and say THIS IS ENGLAND, THIS ENGLAND AND THIS IS ******** ENGLAND
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Im sat at nl30, and will play you at nl30 or nl50 right now mr BNP.
  • edited May 2014
    So Mr Rocks, what about the British people going to Spain and Greece and taking the low paid jobs or exploiting the benefits systems over there? Overall there are more expats from the UK working abroad than EU immigrants working over here.

Anyway back on topic - I've also got an interview in the week, so good luck K8
  • edited May 2014
    So Mr Rocks, what about the British people going to Spain and Greece and taking the low paid jobs or exploiting the benefits systems over there? Overall there are more expats from the UK working abroad than EU immigrants working over here. Anyway back on topic - I've also got an interview in the week, so good luck K8
    Posted by FCHD
    Yes back on topic from the bigot who I am still waiting to play hu, very nice FCHD, hope you land the job.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : were will i find you nl10? wait til i empty my copper jar and il see if i can afford it. ive said what i think and you have taken offence, i dont really care what you think but i will respond if i see fit, theres to many people coming to this country taking british peoples jobs, granted half of them are good grafters but theres just as many that are not and are here for an easy ride to claim our better benefits because our government is too soft. i have worked with polish people in previous jobs, got on fine with them, didnt change what i thought of them though, 8 people sharing a 2 bedroom terrace house and working for a wage which was breaking the law. sorry but if you agree with that then you are also ignorant. so this is where we should all stand together as one, stand our flags in the ground and say THIS IS ENGLAND, THIS ENGLAND AND THIS IS ******** ENGLAND
    Posted by THEROCK573
    You know you said that employers don't look beyond your CRB check? Well, maybe they do...

Got to be said that foreign immigrants are net contributors to the public purse. Evidence of that can be found here.

Also, the trouble with talking about your country is that it's not just your country. The mere fact that such a tiny minority of people actually back UKIP and the BNP at the polls, despite their supporters being amongst the most vociferous, demonstrates that their views are not representative of the will of the British people. (27.5% of votes cast for UKIP with a turnout of 34.17%, means only 9.4% of the electorate actually cast their ballot in support of UKIP in the latest European Parliament elections)

When you talk about England or Britain as though it's yours, you have to accept that it also belongs to the rest of us too. There's a cliché often espoused by those with an isolationist ideology that migrants should "go back to their own country". It could easily be suggested that this country belongs more to those who have inclusive, tolerant views than those that do not. If you want to live in a country where the prevailing opinions are closer to your own, then there are many out there. Perhaps you would like to go to one of those?

Of course you're entitled to your opinions. Just as the rest of us are entitled to ours. However, there's been far too much propaganda doing the rounds lately, much of which is not supported by, and some of which is actually refuted by, the available evidence.

As for foreigners being exploited - housed like sardines in inadequate housing, being paid less than the minimum wage - there's no doubt that happens. It certainly doesn't come close to being a significant proportion of the immigrant population and it is already illegal... If you have information on this and want something done about it, I'd suggest reporting it at your local police station.

Also, lose the attitude that if you report someone's wrongdoing you are a "grass". That's just a really dumb attitude and works against the interests of a civilised society.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : Yes back on topic from the bigot who I am still waiting to play hu, very nice FCHD, hope you land the job.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    ive been watching the boxing and been on the drink all day you tool so im hardly likely to be playing you tonight and certianly not at them stakes, if im gonna take an hour or 2 out of my time to play a big baby who is getting defensive because he cant except my views then you can up it to nl100 or above and pick a reasonable time to play, not just expect me to jump straight into a game wen u say jump wen ive been on the drink all day.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : You know you said that employers don't look beyond your CRB check? Well, maybe they do... Got to be said that foreign immigrants are net contributors to the public purse. Evidence of that can be found here . Also, the trouble with talking about your country is that it's not just your country. The mere fact that such a tiny minority of people actually back UKIP and the BNP at the polls, despite their supporters being amongst the most vociferous, demonstrates that their views are not representative of the will of the British people. (27.5% of votes cast for UKIP with a turnout of 34.17%, means only 9.4% of the electorate actually cast their ballot in support of UKIP in the latest European Parliament elections) When you talk about England or Britain as though it's yours, you have to accept that it also belongs to the rest of us too. There's a cliché often espoused by those with an isolationist ideology that migrants should "go back to their own country". It could easily be suggested that this country belongs more to those who have inclusive, tolerant views than those that do not. If you want to live in a country where the prevailing opinions are closer to your own, then there are many out there. Perhaps you would like to go to one of those? Of course you're entitled to your opinions. Just as the rest of us are entitled to ours. However, there's been far too much propaganda doing the rounds lately, much of which is not supported by, and some of which is actually refuted by, the available evidence. As for foreigners being exploited - housed like sardines in inadequate housing, being paid less than the minimum wage - there's no doubt that happens. It certainly doesn't come close to being a significant proportion of the immigrant population and it is already illegal... If you have information on this and want something done about it, I'd suggest reporting it at your local police station. Also, lose the attitude that if you report someone's wrongdoing you are a "grass". That's just a really dumb attitude and works against the interests of a civilised society.
    Posted by BorinLoner

another essay yaaaaaawwwwnnnnnn.  i wouldnt tell the plods were a birds nest was either by the way.
  • edited June 2014
    Best of luck FCHD and K8lou with the interviews.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : another essay yaaaaaawwwwnnnnnn.  i wouldnt tell the plods were a birds nest was either by the way.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    So your happy to see 8 poles living in 1 house and being paid illegally, but your not prepared to do anything about ?
    That nullifies any grievances you have.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : So your happy to see 8 poles living in 1 house and being paid illegally, but your not prepared to do anything about ? That nullifies any grievances you have.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
     cant help my views on things and i wont be debating them any longer so if anybody else would like to get on there high horse and debate there point with me then dont bother cos i wont be returning to this thread cos its just gone beyond a joke now,  just because i have strong opinion on a contreversial subject , yes i knew of 8 polish people sharing a 2 bedroom house around 12 mile from were i live and theres loads more doing the same thing. im not happy about it but im certainly not going to make it my business to go and report them regardless of how i view the situation. 
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke :  cant help my views on things and i wont be debating them any longer so if anybody else would like to get on there high horse and debate there point with me then dont bother cos i wont be returning to this thread cos its just gone beyond a joke now,  just because i have strong opinion on a contreversial subject , yes i knew of 8 polish people sharing a 2 bedroom house around 12 mile from were i live and theres loads more doing the same thing. im not happy about it but im certainly not going to make it my business to go and report them regardless of how i view the situation. 
    Posted by THEROCK573
    So you have no qualifications, at least two fairly serious convictions and clearly a pretty rubbish attitude and yet you choose to blame your lack on employment on hard working immigrants. 
    Ha ha - epic fail rock, you've been found out. 
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : So you have no qualifications, at least two fairly serious convictions and clearly a pretty rubbish attitude and yet you choose to blame your lack on employment on hard working immigrants.  Ha ha - epic fail rock, you've been found out. 
    Posted by Das_Boot

no hel say hes no need to work because he spun 2 quid up into thousands haha

the guys seriously deluded
  • edited June 2014
    Hope your head aint throbbing too much this fine morning young Rock ;-)
  • edited June 2014
    Lol Rock's entire knowledge comes from what he hears down the pub and reads in the sun newspaper. Total bell imo.