You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Going broke

13»

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Sorry to hear about your situation K8LOU.

Cant help but comment on therock's ignorance.  The funny thing about it is you complain that employers wont give you a 2nd chance because you have a criminal record yet then brand all foreigners tramps??
    By you're own reasoning anybody with a criminal record is a scumbag so youre getting what you deserve.
     However it isnt your criminal record that makes you a scumbag, its your deplorable attitude. I cant even begin to tell you how wrong your views are and why. Even if i did i doubt you would take it onboard. Complete moron.

Nice post Ivanovic.
  • edited June 2014
    was going to keep away from this thread but people dont seem to wanna let it drop, get this n you're heads, you can call me any type of name under the sun for having an opinion but i stand by my views, if you dont like it unlucky, tell someone that gives a sh**.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke:
    I cant even begin to tell you how wrong your views are
    Posted by ShaunyT
    Firstly, I don't agree with THEROCK. I don't even know any foreign people!!

However he is perfectly entitled to hold and opinion and to express it.
    Obviously you find it acceptable to oppress THEROCKs views.

Maybe you'd feel more comfortable if you moved to:

1. China
    2. Saudi Arabia
    3. North Korea

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

As usual the PC brigade score a major own goal by by revealing their own intolerance. You couldn't make it up FFS!

• edited June 2014
    Back to the subject how did the job interview go k8lou
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : Firstly, I don't agree with THEROCK. I don't even know any foreign people!! However he is perfectly entitled to hold and opinion and to express it. Obviously you find it acceptable to oppress THEROCKs views. Maybe you'd feel more comfortable if you moved to: 1. China 2. Saudi Arabia 3. North Korea "I do not  agree with what you  have to  say , but I'll defend to the death your right to  say  it." As usual the PC brigade score a major own goal by by revealing their own intolerance. You couldn't make it up FFS!
    Posted by ff55hh
    He is perfectly entitled to his opinion, however wrong it is. Where did I say it should be censored? No own goal here. Everybody has bashed him for his opinion but nobody has mentioned censorship. I find it useful when people spout rubbish as it lets me know what kind of idiot I am dealing with. Therock is a great poker player, I just never knew he was such a nugget. Present me with a reasoned, logical argument about a viewpoint and I will take it onboard. Spout one line idiocy with absolutely no idea what you are talking about and expect repercussions.
     I am by no means part of the PC brigade, I just think its sad when people turn on other human beings just because of where they come from. Especially when it is for the wrong reasons.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Going broke : To but it bluntly mate.......Stop feeling sorry for yourself and start the grind with a small roll and build it up ,if you still feel poker is your way forward. You need to get your hunger back. We all make mistakes in poker ...and only by feeling the pain...can we move forward and push on. This sounds to me a point you are at ATM. From this point on now,you require total focus and discipline towards your game & BR or you will fail and not realize your potential. Sounds to me you had a great time up until your backers withdrew your comfort zone .....Been backed or sponsored in poker is precisely that (a comfort zone) where you have little risk to yourself but gain great rewards for your play. Once the comfort zone was taken from you.....Your demine will change over a period of instability at the tables and there lies the problems...Pressure starts to build when times become difficult at the tables and slowly ....you see your roll getting depleted and your style changes.....You may start pressing the panic buttons & your game goes to pot. All is not lost thou and believe me when I say this .Take stock and move forward ,it may be difficult at first to adjust but it seems to me that's what's needed ,from small acorns ,can grow large oaks (NEVER FORGET THIS)......and its time you start making the grind and forget what's gone before. You are now starting a new chapter in your poker life. I wish you the very Best of luck  in your new journey. 
    Posted by footsie66

Love this advice! ty mate..
  • edited June 2014
    Back to the subject how did the job interview go k8lou
    Posted by dangerdai

Hey mate, yeh went well got a 2nd interview next week. Things have also been lots better on the poker front also, I managed to spin a 50£ roll into 500 playing 5£ mtts and trying to sat into mains with the odd 11 thrown in. Also have a staking deal which will hopefully start from monday.

• edited June 2014
    Thats great news keep positive mate, and all the best for the 2nd interview next week hope you manage to land something very soon...
  • edited June 2014
    Thats great news keep positive mate, and all the best for the 2nd interview next week hope you manage to land something very soon...
    Posted by dangerdai

Cheers man, fingers crossed....

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : Cheers man, fingers crossed....
    Posted by K8LOU
    Good luck
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited June 2014
    was going to keep away from this thread but people dont seem to wanna let it drop, get this n you're heads, you can call me any type of name under the sun for having an opinion but i stand by my views, if you dont like it unlucky, tell someone that gives a sh**.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Did you watch that video I posted? Having an opinion about someting is fine providing it doesn't harm anyone. Your opinion doesn't, therefore I would never call you names/abuse you for that opinion!! :) However, it's always good to constantly review your opinions/beliefs if someone presents some logical argument as to why they think your beliefs on something are wrong. For example - most religious people thought the earth was 5000-6000 years old before science proved otherwise (although some still hold this view) - And then counter-argument if you think there any flaws in their logic. Maybe you have heard all these arguments before and just don't want to repeat your responses - in which case, fair enough. 

Personally I think 97%+ of the human population has false beliefs about something that does in fact harm others. (Eating meat & dairy) Which means I really don't care about the rest of peoples opinons since they pale in comparison to that one!

edit: Back on topic: GL K8LOU with the interview!
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : Did you watch that video I posted? Having an opinion about someting is fine providing it doesn't harm anyone. Your opinion doesn't, therefore I would never call you names/abuse you for that opinion!! :) However, it's always good to constantly review your opinions/beliefs if someone presents some logical argument as to why they think your beliefs on something are wrong. For example - most religious people thought the earth was 5000-6000 years old before science proved otherwise (although some still hold this view) - And then counter-argument if you think there any flaws in their logic. Maybe you have heard all these arguments before and just don't want to repeat your responses - in which case, fair enough.  Personally I think 97%+ of the human population has false beliefs about something that does in fact harm others. (Eating meat & dairy) Which means I really don't care about the rest of peoples opinons since they pale in comparison to that one! edit: Back on topic: GL K8LOU with the interview!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Under-repped the stat here Ivan! :)

Surely all religious people (Christians at least) still believe the Bible over science, otherwise they wouldn't be Christians anymore????
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : He is perfectly entitled to his opinion, however wrong it is. Where did I say it should be censored? No own goal here. Everybody has bashed him for his opinion but nobody has mentioned censorship. I find it useful when people spout rubbish as it lets me know what kind of idiot I am dealing with. Therock is a great poker player, I just never knew he was such a nugget. Present me with a reasoned, logical argument about a viewpoint and I will take it onboard. Spout one line idiocy with absolutely no idea what you are talking about and expect repercussions.  I am by no means part of the PC brigade, I just think its sad when people turn on other human beings just because of where they come from. Especially when it is for the wrong reasons.
    Posted by ShaunyT

u tell me why foreigners can come to this country and claim our benefits and not contribute a damn thing, how many of them are all over the news commiting disgusting crimes? and dont bother bringing my record up either, i got done for ABH and had a small amount of columbian marching powder for personal use on me at the time of the incident, i paid back to my community by doing community service. they should be deported and not housed in our jails, it costs tax payers millions and millions each year. 

and for the record not everybody has bashed my views either, ive recieved 3 p.ms of good people who agree totally with every word ive said but obv dont want to put it on here so dicksplashes can rant and rave because they dont share the same view. im not racist far from it, ive met many good lads and lasses from poland over here, i made friends with a lithuanion woman and she was a hardworker and here for a better life so ive no problem with her at all, ive even payed an african woman for her excellent oral abilties in ibiza while smashed out me skull but im a proud englismen and if people are getting away with coming over here to scam the system then im of the view a line should be drawn and something should be done about it.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Going broke : Did you watch that video I posted? Having an opinion about someting is fine providing it doesn't harm anyone. Your opinion doesn't, therefore I would never call you names/abuse you for that opinion!! :) However, it's always good to constantly review your opinions/beliefs if someone presents some logical argument as to why they think your beliefs on something are wrong. For example - most religious people thought the earth was 5000-6000 years old before science proved otherwise (although some still hold this view) - And then counter-argument if you think there any flaws in their logic. Maybe you have heard all these arguments before and just don't want to repeat your responses - in which case, fair enough.  Personally I think 97%+ of the human population has false beliefs about something that does in fact harm others. (Eating meat & dairy) Which means I really don't care about the rest of peoples opinons since they pale in comparison to that one! edit: Back on topic: GL K8LOU with the interview!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    yes i watched it, shes a tulisa constavlious wannabee, probs just wants some attention. i think this thread should be closed now or kept to striclty k8lous topic now, i apolgise for the derailing of it but i only made one comment to begin with and although put a bit harshly this whole debate should never have happend, everyone is entitled to there views and knowone has the right to trash them!!! anyone wants to say anything to me in future then do it  by p.m
  • edited June 2014
    Hi guys,

Closing this thread as some of the comments made are not appropriate for a poker forum.

Apologies to those who have kept it poker related!

Thanks,
    Jordan