You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Promotions

edited June 2014 in Poker Chat
Whats going on with promotions ?

Go on the promotion page to see 4 or 5 promotions that finished last month, and pretty much nothing else.
Hardly going to attract new players ...  sigh.

Let me guess, the weather/ time of year....

Comments

• edited June 2014
    or maybe they havent published this months ones yet while they finalise the winners from last months??

Im hoping its this!

I'd be suprised if there wasn't some sort of UKPC promo again this month. 

• edited June 2014
    Give your promotion pages a refresh...
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Promotions:
    or maybe they havent published this months ones yet while they finalise the winners from last months?? Im hoping its this! I'd be suprised if there wasn't some sort of UKPC promo again this month. 
    Posted by chicknMelt
    It'll be this.

It's normal on here for the promotion to be announced on the day or even a few days after it actually starts.

• edited June 2014
    lol lets make this thread, "the discuss the promo thread"

Over to you:)
  • edited June 2014
    Bit confused, is it a or b?

a) Deposit £66 once, play 1 sng a day, and don't withdraw = 7 tickets

Or

b) Deposit £66 7 different times, play 1 sng a day, and don't withdraw = 7 tickets

ty.
  • edited June 2014
    Very disappointed with this one. No incentive to play or targets and very little chance of getting anything out of this. 
  • edited June 2014
    Bit confused, is it a or b? a) Deposit £66 once, play 1 sng a day, and don't withdraw = 7 tickets Or b) Deposit £66 7 different times, play 1 sng a day, and don't withdraw = 7 tickets ty.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hello,

You can do option b) Deposit £66 7 different times, play 1 sng a day, and don't withdraw = 7 tickets

Or you can deposit it all at once and play over 7 days....or any number of variants.

Thanks,
    Justin
  • edited June 2014
    Bit confused, is it a or b? a) Deposit £66 once, play 1 sng a day, and don't withdraw = 7 tickets Or b) Deposit £66 7 different times, play 1 sng a day, and don't withdraw = 7 tickets ty.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Think its B, or lump (66x7=) 462 on at start of week and play every day then = 7 tickets
  • edited June 2014
    All that to be in with a draw to win £66.
    Will there be enough doing this to get 66 winners each week?

• edited June 2014

I read it as B too, cheers chaps.

If you 'earn' multiple tickets per week can you win more than 1 prize?
  • edited June 2014
    So then as ive just wasted my time, ill be a gent and save you lads the time, bascially no one on this forum is avaliable for this promotion because if you have withdrawn more than youve depoisted in your lifetime you aint avaliable for it. *tilted as just depositing for no reason* maybe i should read clearer - ' (Net deposits = Total Deposits - Total Withdrawals) will earn you 1 entry into our weekly prize draw for a maximum of 7 entries. '
  • edited June 2014
    Cheers Ben. DOH.

Nice promo then sky, wp.

Anyone selling action in their deposits this month? ;)
  • edited June 2014
    Never withdrawn ;-).
    Down side never deposited £66 & probably never will :-(.
  • edited June 2014
    I am completely lost with this still..... :/
  • edited June 2014

Is it not net deposits over the seven day period?

• edited June 2014

Suits my current game down to the ground.

£3 for 15% available, PM me.
  • edited June 2014
    T&C suggest it isnt over lifetime, but over each weekly period, perhaps someone from sky could clear this up? 4. 1 day played means that you played on Sky Poker and generated at least .01 in rake/fees.5. Ex. Player A has Net Deposits of £200 from June 2 - June 8 and plays on Sky Poker on 3 separate days during the same week and generates at least .01 in Rake/Fees on those days.  This player will earn 3 entries into the Deposit 66 Prize Draw.6. Every Monday during the promotional period there will be 66 winners drawn at random and credited with £66.  A SMS message will be sent to all the winners each week notifying them of their cash prize.
  • edited June 2014
    Wish Sky would make it clearer when they announce promotions, cant think of the last promo which didnt need about 5 threads to explain it.
  • edited June 2014
    T&C suggest it isnt over lifetime, but over each weekly period, perhaps someone from sky could clear this up?   4. 1 day played means that you played on Sky Poker and generated at least .01 in rake/fees. 5. Ex. Player A has Net Deposits of £200 from June 2 - June 8 and plays on Sky Poker on 3 separate days during the same week and generates at least .01 in Rake/Fees on those days.  This player will earn 3 entries into the Deposit 66 Prize Draw. 6. Every Monday during the promotional period there will be 66 winners drawn at random and credited with £66.  A SMS message will be sent to all the winners each week notifying them of their cash prize.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Just when your opinion of customer care live chat couldnt get any lower lol honestly..
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Promotions : well this deserves a +1 if anything ever did, dosent help when the corned beef for brains at customer care always tell you opposite
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    Morning (?) Ben,

If I may say so, that's rather rude, don't you think?

They are just regular people, doing a VERY tough job, trying to earn a living. It's a really tough gig - you should try it! - and is not helped by Clients making offensive personal remarks. Whatever you think of their intelligence, they are doing their best. The irony is that Clients insult them every day, but the CC Staff are forbidden to respond in kind, so they just have to take it.  

They'll read this thread, too, & be itching to defend themselves, but are not allowed to. Clients can be rude to staff, but not vice-versa. Proper "soft target/free hit" then.

Does that seem fair to you?

I'm not having a go at you, but I do think a little tolerance towards others might be in order.

Anyway, I hope you find some Sky Poker Promos in June to your liking.

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Promotions : Morning (?) Ben, If I may say so, that's rather rude, don't you think? They are just regular people, doing a VERY tough job, trying to earn a living. It's a really tough gig - you should try it! - and is not helped by Clients making offensive personal remarks. Whatever you think of their intelligence, they are doing their best. The irony is that Clients insult them every day, but the CC Staff are forbidden to respond in kind, so they just have to take it.   They'll read this thread, too, & be itching to defend themselves, but are not allowed to. Clients can be rude to staff, but not vice-versa. Proper "soft target/free hit" then. Does that seem fair to you? I'm not having a go at you, but I do think a little tolerance towards others might be in order.   Anyway, I hope you find some Sky Poker Promos in June to your liking.  
    Posted by Tikay10

This will be difficult 
  • edited June 2014

Just in defence of SkyPoker, I think as a set of players we have become a bit too used to the good promotions they constantly run. Having played on numerous sites I have to say that SkyPoker do more promos, that benefit more players then any other site I can think of. We as customers of SkyPoker do not have a given right to expect SkyPoker to give us free stuff all the time and we should be grateful of what they do offer us. Some sites give their customers nothing back in return for their custom.
    BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT WE GET FOR FREE.
  • edited June 2014
    Well i found it rather funny looking back, nothing personal, think its a good promo whether winners are allowed to participate or not, obv needs clearing up tho...
  • edited June 2014
    the £66 deposit promo: hmm, its a nice try sky, I know what you are going for - you listened to the forum that said they would like to see promotions aimed at losing/depositing players. it kinda is, but there is nothing to stop your grinders from depositing £66 x 7, carrying on with their normal grind and being in with just as good a chance as the net losers to win something... 

If you are quick enough, there is 2 minutes from 23:59 to 00:01 that are not counted in the promo, where you could in theory withdraw 7 x £66, wait a couple of minutes, then deposit again making yourself eligable for an entry every day during the week that you play.

I dont think it really generates much excitment either - if I'm depositing £66, winning £66 isnt going to be massive.

the A966 board promo: really like it. waaaaay better that the deposit one. recreational players will have a far better chance of spotting these things and acting quickly compared to a 12 table grinder. It could also be quite a big score for some of the small stakes players that wouldnt be able to deposit £66 once nevermind 7 times.

overall, its nice to see promo's aimed at the depositing player/rec player after a month of promo's aimed at winners.
  • edited June 2014
    the £66 deposit promo : hmm, its a nice try sky, I know what you are going for - you listened to the forum that said they would like to see promotions aimed at losing/depositing players. it kinda is, but there is nothing to stop your grinders from depositing £66 x 7, carrying on with their normal grind and being in with just as good a chance as the net losers to win something...  If you are quick enough, there is 2 minutes from 23:59 to 00:01 that are not counted in the promo, where you could in theory withdraw 7 x £66, wait a couple of minutes, then deposit again making yourself eligable for an entry every day during the week that you play. I dont think it really generates much excitment either - if I'm depositing £66, winning £66 isnt going to be massive. the A966 board promo : really like it. waaaaay better that the deposit one. recreational players will have a far better chance of spotting these things and acting quickly compared to a 12 table grinder. It could also be quite a big score for some of the small stakes players that wouldnt be able to deposit £66 once nevermind 7 times. overall, its nice to see promo's aimed at the depositing player/rec player after a month of promo's aimed at winners.
    Posted by chicknMelt

Agreed
  • edited June 2014
    the £66 deposit promo : hmm, its a nice try sky, I know what you are going for - you listened to the forum that said they would like to see promotions aimed at losing/depositing players. it kinda is, but there is nothing to stop your grinders from depositing £66 x 7, carrying on with their normal grind and being in with just as good a chance as the net losers to win something...  If you are quick enough, there is 2 minutes from 23:59 to 00:01 that are not counted in the promo, where you could in theory withdraw 7 x £66, wait a couple of minutes, then deposit again making yourself eligable for an entry every day during the week that you play. I dont think it really generates much excitment either - if I'm depositing £66, winning £66 isnt going to be massive. the A966 board promo : really like it. waaaaay better that the deposit one. recreational players will have a far better chance of spotting these things and acting quickly compared to a 12 table grinder. It could also be quite a big score for some of the small stakes players that wouldnt be able to deposit £66 once nevermind 7 times. overall, its nice to see promo's aimed at the depositing player/rec player after a month of promo's aimed at winners.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Guess i'm not allowed to enter as i'm not on Faceache or twitter

• edited June 2014
    Just read the 66 promo . With so many promos out there now especially with World Cup coming up just think Sky could have come up woth something a bit simpler . After first read it sounded like you have to lose £66 and noticed someone mentioned if you,ve got a + deposit overall you cant do it anyway - is that correct?

Ps dissapointed not to see Sky Sports doing a fantasy Leaugue Football for the World Cup. just because its not on Sky . Theres thousands doing them in the papers

• edited June 2014
    Just read the 66 promo . With so many promos out there now especially with World Cup coming up just think Sky could have come up woth something a bit simpler . After first read it sounded like you have to lose £66 and noticed someone mentioned if you,ve got a + deposit overall you cant do it anyway - is that correct? Ps dissapointed not to see Sky Sports doing a fantasy Leaugue Football for the World Cup. just because its not on Sky . Theres thousands doing them in the papers
    Posted by MP33
    Pretty sure there doing a super 6.
  • edited June 2014
     Just in defence of SkyPoker, I think as a set of players we have become a bit too used to the good promotions they constantly run. Having played on numerous sites I have to say that SkyPoker do more promos, that benefit more players then any other site I can think of. We as customers of SkyPoker do not have a given right to expect SkyPoker to give us free stuff all the time and we should be grateful of what they do offer us. Some sites give their customers nothing back in return for their custom. BE GRATEFUL FOR WHAT WE GET FOR FREE.
    Posted by 68Trebor
    The promos on Sky are good, can't argue with that. But, they do offer an abysmal RB system, none of the promos make up for that.

I quite like the route sky take in that they reward rec players more than regs with promos />better RB, its why games are so good here. But paying ~£1.6k a month in rake to sky only getting ~£350 back in bonuses I do feel a sense of entitlement. The regs should have constant promotions suited to us OR priority should be 50%+ imo.