You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Promotions

Comments

• edited June 2014
    Total discrimination this promo

Where is the A.B.E Promo??????

:)
  • edited June 2014
    Why does anyone feel they *should* be entitled to any rake back at all? Why not drop all the rakeback promotions and just drop the percentage raked by a little bit?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Promotions:
    In Response to Re: Promotions : Guess i'm not allowed to enter as i'm not on Faceache or twitter
    Posted by VespaPX
    You can get twitter or facebook within 2 minutes. You don't have to ever use it again after this promo if you don't want to.

------

So long term winning players can participate in this promo again now?
  • edited June 2014
    Have to agree with aces here was thinking exactly the same thing. The great thing about the sky promos was that they were interesting and beneficial to everyone if u put the time in. As aces said 20% rake back is pretty pitiful for those who make priority when u consider the amount of rake at least £1700 that each person generates. I'd only imagine that only 10-15 players if that make it to the 25%+ bracket. Hence the promotions generally hive us an opportunity to try to increase our rake back by an extra 10-20% which falls more all line with competitors. As a regular this is a pretty bad promotion for me and I'm sure aces aswell potentially going through a lot of effort to win £66 doesn't sound particularly appealing. I can understand aiming promotions at losing players though makes a lot of sense however this promotion is far too complicated. Something much simpler could have been thought up I'm sure.

Don't really think it's appropriate for TK to respond like that to just general insults. It's not our fault if sky's processes aren't good enough to cope or their understaffed. It's not like sky don't have enough money to make it easier for their staff is it
  • edited June 2014
    Really dissapointed in this promo, £66 a week a lot of cash, so you can only really break even each week,

The A966 is ok, but not thrilled. Waiting for the post "its rigged I had AA and a guy gets there with quads lol. #loveTheTrolls

To be fair, last months was amazing!! Maybe spoilt last month so makes this month look poor?? 

Not a promo for the majority of us but then cant please everyone everytime.

Bring on July's promo :)

Food for thought, those with a nice bank roll will have advantage, can move more mobey into account anf reep the rewards?

Anways, as said cant please all :) Promo's just an added bonus to be fair 

• edited June 2014
    Have to agree with aces here was thinking exactly the same thing. The great thing about the sky promos was that they were interesting and beneficial to everyone if u put the time in. As aces said 20% rake back is pretty pitiful for those who make priority when u consider the amount of rake at least £1700 that each person generates. I'd only imagine that only 10-15 players if that make it to the 25%+ bracket. Hence the promotions generally hive us an opportunity to try to increase our rake back by an extra 10-20% which falls more all line with competitors. As a regular this is a pretty bad promotion for me and I'm sure aces aswell potentially going through a lot of effort to win £66 doesn't sound particularly appealing. I can understand aiming promotions at losing players though makes a lot of sense however this promotion is far too complicated. Something much simpler could have been thought up I'm sure. Don't really think it's appropriate for TK to respond like that to just general insults. It's not our fault if sky's processes aren't good enough to cope or their understaffed. It's not like sky don't have enough money to make it easier for their staff is it
    Posted by pilezitin
    Nothing to the promo deposit x amount of money, earn 1 point a day. Hardly any effort at all.

As you have every right to express your opinion so does TK!!
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Promotions : You can get twitter or facebook within 2 minutes. You don't have to ever use it again after this promo if you don't want to. ------ So long term winning players can participate in this promo again now?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well first off i tried entering the code, got a msg saying it wasnt accepted, contacted CC, they said yeah its cos u havent depoisted, so i depoisted, tried again, no luck, then got told it was cos my lifetime withdrawal was higher than my depoist. so it cant be for deposites this month unless its just me thats been unable to enter the code, yawn.
  • edited June 2014
    I'd scrape in to the lifetime winner category, and have had the code accepted first time.  

I've not deposited yet but I believe (if I qualify to participate in the promo) I have a full week to deposit the required amount.

Lost the £1 RR to get todays point too. dohhhhhhh.

I don't think anyone has a Scooby.

Yet another reason why it might be a good idea to announce promotions before they start, Sky.
  • edited June 2014
    As a recovering tilter I have a limit on my account so couldnt join if I wanted :-)  

But lets all be honest - the Points reward system is a far better loyalty scheme than any other site around!! So I for one will jsut concentrate on that :-)

• edited June 2014
    And while I was thinking about this - Idea is good, but prize maybe to small - I think fewer prizes - say 1 or two £1966 prizes would of been better

Or a free role that had a prize pool of £1966 with min Cash £19.66 and moving on up.  Only get to play free role if had deposited the £66 and earned poker points as per T&C's?

We are a moaning bunch really!  I much prefer being a back seat driver in all this - feel for the guys at top who have to make the decisions!

But with TK - not the CC fault - they have never steered me wrong!  

• edited June 2014

I hate this promotion for no reason other than my place of birth.
    Maybe next month the winning board can be "A3A4"?

• edited June 2014
    Don't forget guys there is always my Super6 comp you can enter during June for the World Cup
    Sky have donated £50 of Seats so well done them
    Details to follow once Super6 is up and running
    Rungood ;')
    Jon
  • edited June 2014
    Can you win more than one £66 in the draw on Monday?
  • edited June 2014
    Have to agree with aces here was thinking exactly the same thing. The great thing about the sky promos was that they were interesting and beneficial to everyone if u put the time in. As aces said 20% rake back is pretty pitiful for those who make priority when u consider the amount of rake at least £1700 that each person generates. I'd only imagine that only 10-15 players if that make it to the 25%+ bracket. Hence the promotions generally hive us an opportunity to try to increase our rake back by an extra 10-20% which falls more all line with competitors. As a regular this is a pretty bad promotion for me and I'm sure aces aswell potentially going through a lot of effort to win £66 doesn't sound particularly appealing. I can understand aiming promotions at losing players though makes a lot of sense however this promotion is far too complicated. Something much simpler could have been thought up I'm sure. Don't really think it's appropriate for TK to respond like that to just general insults. It's not our fault if sky's processes aren't good enough to cope or their understaffed. It's not like sky don't have enough money to make it easier for their staff is it
    Posted by pilezitin
    Hi pilez,

My post was wholly polite & respectful, & I thought it was worth making the point. I responded to a post which insulted others, & I can't see any reason, even if the Promos are bad, to insult staff who are not permitted to defend themselves, or individuals who we may think are less intelligent or gifted.

I guess it comes down to wherther we think rudeness & insults are appropriate in these situations. I don't, others do. 

My reply to Ben was wholly polite, & so I don't see how it was inappropriate.  
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Promotions : Hi pilez, My post was wholly polite & respectful, & I thought it was worth making the point. I responded to a post which insulted others, & I can't see any reason, even if the Promos are bad, to insult staff who are not permitted to defend themselves, or individuals who we may think are less intelligent or gifted. I guess it comes down to wherther we think rudeness & insults are appropriate in these situations. I don't, others do.  My reply to Ben was wholly polite, & so I don't see how it was inappropriate.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Agree with you 100% Tikay.
    Working in a customer facing retail role it astounds me more and more everyday how rude and impatient people have become. It is often, sadly, the people who have no control over situations who take the majority of the abuse from ill-tempered, misinformed members of the public. As far as I am aware politeness is still the best way to get what you want.
  • edited June 2014
    Cmon man they just gave away over £40k worth of UKPC goodies, be greatful that these things run.
  • edited June 2014

In Response to Re: Promotions : Long term winning players can participate in this promo?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Can you win more than one £66 in the draw on Monday?
    Posted by BigHawk89
    Bump.
  • edited June 2014

It's Back Super6 for the world cup ;')
    If you played last season I've re-opened the league so you should be in there automatically, for the rest of you use the link below. It's free to enter use your sky bet/poker account to log in with the added bonus of at least £50 worth of sky poker seats to be won will confirm prizes before the wc
    Good luck all
    Hi, I've created a private league at Soccer Saturday Super 6 for the new football season. Do you fancy your chances against me? Join the league now: http://super6.skysports.com/league/33WDQ4

Soccer Saturday Sky Sports Super 6 - It's free to join and play! Correctly predict the scores of 6 Brazil World Cup football games for your chance to win £100,000 each round.
    SUPER6.SKYSPORTS.COM

• edited June 2014
    T&C suggest it isnt over lifetime, but over each weekly period, perhaps someone from sky could clear this up?   4. 1 day played means that you played on Sky Poker and generated at least .01 in rake/fees. 5. Ex. Player A has Net Deposits of £200 from June 2 - June 8 and plays on Sky Poker on 3 separate days during the same week and generates at least .01 in Rake/Fees on those days.  This player will earn 3 entries into the Deposit 66 Prize Draw. 6. Every Monday during the promotional period there will be 66 winners drawn at random and credited with £66.  A SMS message will be sent to all the winners each week notifying them of their cash prize.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Has anyone from Sky cleared this up?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Promotions : Has anyone from Sky cleared this up?
    Posted by Pombear
    No.

BUMP.
  • edited June 2014
    At least the World Cup Freerolls look a lot easier to understand and seems quite a simple concept. Personally i like the idea of this promo and looking forward to playing some of them

EDIT : With regards to the other promo for spotting the A966 . Does anyone know what the odds are of this coming down? (or roughly). Thx
  • edited June 2014
    As i,m sure like myself some ppl won,t have a mobile number registered with Sky or it would have changed since they signed up so will the winners of the "Deposit 66" be posted on the forum and if so where ?

• Every Monday starting from June 9th there will be 66 eligible customers drawn at random and credited with £66.

• A SMS message will be sent to all the winners every Monday.

Thx

• edited June 2014
    I am amazed that 12 days into this promo nobody from Sky has cleared up the questions raised on this thread.
  • edited June 2014
    Hi Guys,

Apologies that we have not answered some of the questions on this site. Hopefully I now have answers to the questions that you have left.

1. Regardless of whether you are a long term winner on the site you can play. This promotion is for everybody not just those that have deposited more than they have withdrawn. The stipulation for this promotion is that you have to plae £66 cumulative net deposits within the promtional period and generate at least 1p rake.

2. You can win more than once in a day or over the period of the promotion. (We will edit the promo page to make this obvious)

3. Even if you don't have a mobile number with us you can win. There is not a list of winners onsite as we hold the user ID for winners and cannot publish these onsite. If you don't have a mobile number registered with us you would just the update of the balance in your account. Feel free however to add a mobile number to your account. 

Once again apologies it has taken this long to answer the questions. If you do have anymore leave them on here and I will get the answers.

• edited June 2014
    Right Guys last day to get in my World Cup Super 6 comp with some great Sky Poker seats up for grabs wouldn't want anyone to miss out ;')
    Join the league now: http://super6.skysports.com/league/33WDQ4

Good luck 
    Jon
  • edited June 2014
     3. Even if you don't have a mobile number with us you can win. There is not a list of winners onsite as we hold the user ID for winners and cannot publish these onsite. If you don't have a mobile number registered with us you would just the update of the balance in your account. Feel free however to add a mobile number to your account.  Once again apologies it has taken this long to answer the questions. If you do have anymore leave them on here and I will get the answers.  
    Posted by Sky_SamT

so how come during the rake races and other promotions names where shown? i think i smell something.

And then there is this!

11. By participating in the Remember 1966 promotion, you agree to allow Sky Poker and its group to use your name, alias, photograph and relevant personal information for all advertising and publicity purposes throughout the world without further compensation.

very dissapointed sam!

has there been any winners of this and how many? oh yeah i definetly smell a stinker
  • edited June 2014
    still waiting on a reply or is it a case of ignore till it goe,s away ..always the same false information on here
  • edited June 2014
    well i think this months promo is good, the rewards are going to the right players

and as for the RB system i also think that is fine, players suggesting us priority should get 50% rakeback is ludicrous
  • edited June 2014
    well i think this months promo is good, the rewards are going to the right players and as for the RB system i also think that is fine, players suggesting us priority should get 50% rakeback is ludicrous
    Posted by sikas
    not bothered with the promos this month think both are pretty rubbish just my opinion.

more worried by the false truths printed on here i.e
    First: 13/12/2011
    Last: 17/6/2014
     3. Even if you don't have a mobile number with us you can win. There is not a list of winners onsite as we hold the user ID for winners and cannot publish these onsite. If you don't have a mobile number registered with us you would just the update of the balance in your account. Feel free however to add a mobile number to your account.  Once again apologies it has taken this long to answer the questions. If you do have anymore leave them on here and I will get the answers.  
    Posted by Sky_SamT

so how come during the rake races and other promotions names where shown? i think i smell something.

And then there is this!

11. By participating in the Remember 1966 promotion, you agree to allow Sky Poker and its group to use your name, alias, photograph and relevant personal information for all advertising and publicity purposes throughout the world without further compensation.

very dissapointed sam!

has there been any winners of this and how many? oh yeah i definetly smell a stinker
  • edited June 2014
    Hi churchy,

Is there something specific you're concerned about?

SamT has highlighted that we cannot and do not post USERIDs on site under any circumstance. That has always been the case.

We can, however, post ALIASES - like we did for the UKPC Race leaderboards, and various other promotions.

Cheers.