You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Saturday nights on Sky Poker

Comments

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Saturday nights on Sky Poker:
    it's  saturday night, i want action & i want it fast, a £22 turbo BH, 1 re-buy, with 3k stacks would most def enhance my evening. i also like tommys idea of a sunday 8pm primo with the roller starting an hour earlier...would def elevate the sunday grind schedule 
    Posted by yoyo

like this idea

also like the idea of having the primo and roller on a sunday. I often missed the primo on a Saturday, just because thats when other people tend to want to do things. would deffo play it every sunday though as well as the roller if it moved.
  • edited June 2014
    i voted for the turbo cos of the England game this week, but i would be up for a 9 man tourney as long as it had ante's.
  • edited June 2014
    it's  saturday night, i want action & i want it fast, a £22 turbo BH, 1 re-buy, with 3k stacks would most def enhance my evening. i also like tommys idea of a sunday 8pm primo with the roller starting an hour earlier...would def elevate the sunday grind schedule 
    Posted by yoyo

is that just a£22 all in sat tho julian.

I think they need to try something new. the full ring idea sounds good, but i doubt it working well without antes, im guessing putting antes in isnt quite as straight forward as we think.

roller at 7 then primo at 8 sounds pretty good

• edited June 2014
    regular freezeout but £22

or BH £22 or Turbo £22

rekon either you'll get the numbers
  • edited June 2014
    It's nice to see such a sensible discussion going on, and though I personaaly may not agree with all the points put across, I find all have their individual merits. I have voted for the full ring even though I can't usually play on a saturday. It would be nice to see some introduced as you have to play more carefully in that format.
    Talk was made about promoting action, and there are a few ways to do that like : 6max tables instead of full ring, smaller starting stacks, faster blind levels, steeper blind levels, bounties and antes are which come to mind.
    Do we want tournies ending at 4-0 clock in the morning when people have to go work the next day, perhaps if it finished at about 12-00 clock you would get more entries. Perhaps friday ans Saturday should be slower structures and the rest of the week faster. The advantage of the faster tournies is there is a greater chance of more different people winning. It is important to get Bums on seats in these tournies, and I quite like the idea of sit and go's for tickets. Still keep the other qualifiers as is, but add Sit and go's and step ones, for tickets to say a £110,£55,£33,£11 tournie. These would have a long life and could be used to enter any tourne to the value of, and therefore people could collect a few when they have a bit of spare time, and use when required.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Saturday nights on Sky Poker : is that just a£22 all in sat tho julian. I think they need to try something new. the full ring idea sounds good, but i doubt it working well without antes, im guessing putting antes in isnt quite as straight forward as we think. roller at 7 then primo at 8 sounds pretty good
    Posted by robert369

no not an all-in fest at all, all turbos start out as deepstacks!

def agree with others that introducing antes for a couple of main events would be a good step foprward

• edited June 2014
    If I may ask Gary to the Q Cubed as custodian of the records for some info from memory, was there much overlay when the Primo used to run alongside a £220 7pm Roller a few years ago?  From memory the 220 hit just over or just under it's £5k GTD on the whole but I can't remember how the Primo did, plus the Sat structure for the £220 was not as good as the Roller ones now.

As Elton said, Saturday night is alright for fighting.  A good turbo structure to give everyone action on a Saturday night is the right idea imo.  I also really like Yoyo's idea of going one rebuy for it.

To elaborate further on my Sunday idea, the minis.  Still run the mini Roller and the mini Primo (7:30pm and 8:30pm respectively).  It's very true that the smaller deepstacks are very popular where as anything £22 and over has historically struggled, aside form the Roller of course.  Have double jackpot night and have those slower paced £5.50 and £11 MTTs for the smaller staked players as well as the jackpot hunters.  I've said it a few times before but I think the Mini Roller is a great once a week 'Biggie' for the smaller bankrolled players, you can't over use it but one Sunday one would imo be perfect.  And I know I may be a bit rich suggesting another jackpot opportunity as I am essentially asking for free money, however I don't think moving to eight from seven chances at it a week will up the payouts for SkyPoker that significantly compared to the popularity this may and I feel is likely to create. 
  • edited June 2014
    also agree with comments on introducing a steps style satellite system...would def rejuvenate the sit and go lobby as well as increasing nos in the MTTs
  • edited June 2014
    Posted by yoyo
    I assume its lines like this that let to all the little yoyo's!

+1 to Mr D's suggestion and I like Julians idea too.
  • edited June 2014
    I agree with yoyo; a steps style satellite system would definitely help both SnG's and increase numbers in the main events.

Personally, i would like to see both a deep stack and a 9man field for the main event, i currently feel that there should be 1 main event of each type, for example there are too many bounty hunters at the moment for my liking..

However, would love to see either a 9 man or deep stack main event this saturday :)

Would also love to see more 'bigger' tournaments on a sunday night, such as the suggested idea of a primo as well as the roller to enhance the sunday night grind, its quite annoying just to have two events (main and mini) to look forward to a night (i dont really like bounty hunters all that much).
  • edited June 2014
    If I may ask Gary to the Q Cubed as custodian of the records for some info from memory, was there much overlay when the Primo used to run alongside a £220 7pm Roller a few years ago?  
    Posted by TommyD
    My memory, which is far from perfect, is fairly certain that the Primo still made its guarantee during this period. Between hands I'll look back through the archive and see what I can find.

+1 to the steps suggestion, well worth a try.   
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Saturday nights on Sky Poker : Not all. The micro ones do ok, anything above £5 buy in doesn't. All 3 options in the opening post have a £33 buy in so using the success of £2 and £5 deep/megastacks isn't really relevant. The performances of the £22 deepstack, the £55 primo and the old £33 'doublestack main' are much more significant when making this decision. ----------------- It's really obvious how this thread will go unless Sky use some initiative and make a decision themselves. 1) The deepstack will win the vote comfortably. 2) The 'new' deepstack will go on to be a huge fail and taken off the schedule within a month. Option B is basically the primo as it is now, with 3,000 extra chips.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well I'm glad I'm not to blame for the lack of success at these buyins- it's way above what I can afford unless I sat in. With regards to the Primo I really feel Sky need to look towards long term problems with the site if, as it appears to be according to other posts, the lack of interest is long rooted.
    And another vote for antes here. With antes we could look at a better structure for all MTTs and putting an end to the final table shove fest hopefully.
  • edited June 2014
    Anything but turbo, Tuesday night is enough.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Saturday nights on Sky Poker : I assume its lines like this that let to all the little yoyo's! 
    Posted by MattBates

weeeeeee

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Saturday nights on Sky Poker : Well I'm glad I'm not to blame for the lack of success at these buyins- it's way above what I can afford unless I sat in. With regards to the Primo I really feel Sky need to look towards long term problems with the site if, as it appears to be according to other posts, the lack of interest is long rooted. And another vote for antes here. With antes we could look at a better structure for all MTTs and putting an end to the final table shove fest hopefully.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    +1
  • edited June 2014
    Posted by yoyo
    Thats similar to the "Thews At 10" Tourney we used to have?.....What a great tourney that was. 
  • edited June 2014
    +1 for ante's and steps sng's!
  • edited June 2014
    FAO TommyD.

The numbers from June 2011 when both tournaments were running every Sunday are below.

Despite a thorough forum search I haven't been able to find/date the thread which announced the Primo buy-in increase from £33 to £55, this being the change that first triggered the decline in field sizes. However I believe it wasn't too long before June 2011. In the Autumn of 2010 the Primo was attracting over 500 entrants each Sunday with the buy-in priced at £33. 

Sunday 5th June 2011

£8,000 Roller @ £200+£20, 29 entrants (£5,800)

£12,500 Primo @ £50+£5, 293 entrants (£14,650)

Sunday 12th June 2011

£8,000 Roller @ £200+£20, 36 entrants (£7,200)

£12,500 Primo @ £50+£5, 268 entrants (£13,400)

Sunday 19th June 2011

£8,000 Roller @ £200+£20, 32 entrants (£6,400)

£12,500 Primo @ £50+£5, 246 entrants (£12,300)

Sunday 26th June 2011

£8,000 Roller @ £200+£20, 41 entrants (£8,200)

£12,500 Primo @ £50+£5, 245 entrants (£12,250)

• edited June 2014
    TYVM Gary.  Defo numbers to ponder.  Of course recognise the Roller is now £110 and the Satty structure is much better.  And we are three years on which has both positives and negatives of course.
  • edited June 2014
    The primo was too expensive IMO.so I'm voting for full ring(with antes a.s.a.p).
    £33 is in most Saturday night players reach I should think,then again looking at Gary's post the primo was reaching a bigger gtd at £55 three years ago..
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Saturday nights on Sky Poker : Thats similar to the "Thews At 10" Tourney we used to have?.....What a great tourney that was. 
    Posted by POKERTREV
    +1
  • edited June 2014
    Voted for the Deepstack but regretting that now. Reading the post's I think the Turbo with Ante's is the best idea for a Saturday evening and step satelites or tokens would be useful to players like myself and surely bring more money into the site.
  • edited June 2014
    Yes to turbo, 9 max and the idea of a rebuy bounty hunter.  Think that would be VERY popular at £11/22. I also like Tommy's ideas or having 2 big events on a Sunday. 

Big massive no to antes. Antes is one of those things that only 'regs' care about and will not change the numbers of the tournie 1 bit.
  • edited June 2014
    Didn't Saturday nights used to be a £22 rebuy BH?

An £8k turbo sounds good, being Saturday night and all that....
  • edited June 2014
    I VOTE GET THE PRIMO BACK
    Posted by TONY509
    This.

Getting rid of the Primo is one of the worst changes to the tournament schedule imaginable.
  • edited June 2014
    ive voted for turbo 1 deepstack main on the weekend is enough...

Also i do like the sound of a £22 bh with a single rebuy ...
  • edited June 2014
    At £33 buy in the turbo would be nowehere near as popular though surely?

Turbo is a real fun tournament, but so easy to bust early would be quite nice for a second chance at it.

You could do an £11ish turbo with 1 rebuy and per player for a second chance if they bust early
  • edited June 2014
    Love a quickie me
  • edited June 2014
    Yes to turbo, 9 max and the idea of a rebuy bounty hunter.  Think that would be VERY popular at £11/22. I also like Tommy's ideas or having 2 big events on a Sunday.  Big massive no to antes. Antes is one of those things that only 'regs' care about and will not change the numbers of the tournie 1 bit.
    Posted by scotty77
    A big +1 to this.
    I have only ever played on sky so have never played them,I would need to re-think my game and be at a disadvantage to those who have.
    Plus if the game is structured properly(which most aren't unfortunately) 6 max should not need them.
  • edited June 2014
    I think Antes should be added to the Orfordable.