You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bennydip2 (X Files) "The Truth Is Out There"?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Bennydip2 (X Files) "The Truth Is Out There"?:
    Very interesting read sir! So, according to my understanding of your theorem at 21.12.2012 the Venus Transit will cause a markable reduction in sunspot activity thus reducing / interrupting the influence of this phenomenon on our beautiful blue planet and inducing another mini ice-age? And by doing so will reduce the number of the number of heat-orientated natural disasters... If we can then expect a mini ice age to roughly last 70 years, can you run through the impact of this on our 21st century society?  x
    Posted by TRIP5
    Young Lady 'Trips' x ...  "Did I not make it clear the first time,"?     :))  

OK, Forget all the mumbo jumbo............

It's the underwater volcano's in the Pacific that has control of  the weather, atmosphere  and temperatures , along with the lack of sunspot  activity ...so,  

Do I believe in Global Warming  ?
    Absolutely Not  .. Big Companies get  Government  subsides for putting out that  propaganda

Will it get  Colder ?

Well, I think the summers will be shorter  and the winters  will be  longer .. hence why, it now April and we have now had 5 months  of winter weather, hardly any autumn last  year  and a very late  spring this year (If we ever get one)

So,  make  sure you keep your thermal knickers handy around October time, 

I hate  the cold  !   x

• edited April 2010

Wee Irish boy crying by the side of the road.
    A man asks,
     "What's wrong?"

Boy says
    "Me Ma is dead"

"Oh bejaysus" the man says
     "Do you want me to get Father O'Riley ?"

Wee boy replies,

"No thanks Mister, sex is the last ting on me moind roight now."!!

• edited April 2010

A little girl walks into her parents' bedroom.
    " Holy , Oh What" she screams
    "And YOU want ME to see a doctor about sucking my thumb...!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*** Once upon a time a guy asked a girl
    "Will you marry me?" . The girl said,
     "No" and she lived happily ever after. She went shopping, drank vodka with friends, always had a clean house, never had to cook, had a wardrobe full of shoes and bags, stayed skinny and was never farted upon. ....The End.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Japanese scientists have now created a digital camera with such a fast speed that it's now possible to take a photograph of a woman with her gob shut.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turned on my SatNav and it said 'Bear Left' and there was the zoo.!
     How good is that?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I hate all this terrorist business. I used to love the days when you could look at an unattended bag on the train or bus and think ,
    " I'm f # # king having that!"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Man lost in a hot air balloon over Ireland. He looks down and sees a farmer and shouts to him,
    "Where am I?"
    The Irish farmer looks up and shouts back,
     "You can't kid me ya b ' stard, you're in that feckin basket!"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Paddy is cleaning his rifle and accidentally shoots his wife. He dials 999.
    Paddy says,
     "It's my wife, I've accidentally shot her. I've killed her"
    Operator asks,
    "Please calm down sir. Can you first make sure she really is dead?"

CLICK, .....BANG

Paddy,
     "OK, done that, what next?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do not send this on to at least five friends in the next 10 minutes.
    You will suffer no unforeseen consequences,
    you will not find the solution to world peace nor
     will you inherit an obscene amount of cash.

• edited April 2010
    Is this funny  or what !!

Women !!!  sigh...  :)

Click here: hold your plums:easy question about left hand drive  

Could it  be MadMoo, Anjie, Lisa Marie,Trips or Supernova ..I'm not telling !!  :))

• edited April 2010
    Friday Night ..The Heats ! of  'The Blue Riband' 
    Tonight is the start of the  Stan James, 'Blue Riband'  at Hall Green.  The heats have brought some interesting, clashes with some of the well fancied runners drawn together.

Notables the Charley Lister pair, Fear Zafonic and Bandicoot Tipoki , in the 20.50 race .
    Along with Mark Wallis and Richard Yeates runners, Dalcash Scolari and Freedom Emma, respectively..
    So with ante-post bets already on .. Posted earlier in thread !!
    tonight's bets are ..

Odds
    2.87 - Jogadusc Ace (20:20) Hall Green ..1pt win  ..3rd

3.50 - Eye Eye Pickle (20:35) Hall Green ..1pt win  ..1st

1.40 - Eye Onthe Storm (21:20) Hall Green ..5 pt win  ..1st

+ 1pt win treble
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Also some Rvse Fcst betting ..

Fear Zafonic and Bandicoot Tipoki , (20.50)  1st and 4th
    Dalcash Scolari and Freedom Emma, (20 05)  1st  and 1st ...DH
    1 pt Rvse Fcst each and 1 pt Rvse Fcst doubles

glk 

Oh,  On the horses, with the National coming up  next week, you may want to  watch the race..
    The Link   I use for  all UK racing is  this .. EVERY race Free without even having to have a bet...

Enjoy....

http://yb.edgeboss.net/wmedia-live/y...466_070601.asx

• edited April 2010
    Is this funny  or what !! Women !!!  sigh...  :))      Click here: hold your plums:easy question about left hand drive     Could it  be MadMoo, Anjie, Lisa Marie,Trips or Supernova ..I'm not telling !!  :))
    Posted by bennydip2
    Hahahaha that is funny. Did remind me a little bit of my nan, lol x
  • edited April 2010
    Great start for the ante-post bets !
    First round heats for the Stan James 'Blue Riband' at Hall Green

Our ante-post selections did us proud tonight as both,
    FREEDOM EMMA - 1 pt e/w ante-post and DALCASH SCOLARI - 2 pts e.w ante-post finished in a thrilling Dead - Heat joint winners !

Also my best friend at the moment , EYE ONTHE STORM - 4 pts win ante- post , led them a merry dance to win his heat ..
    So all three are through to the next round, it's been a great night.

So hold on to your seats, this could be fun !  

• edited April 2010

Hang on ............. this could be painful !!

"Don't worry,  next year we'll be millionaires RODNEY"    !!

:))

• edited April 2010
    Sunday Racing
    Two small bets for me today.

One of my Cheltenham fancies was , 'Blackstairmountain ' running today in the 2.25 at Fairyhouse, so although i was disappointed with his run on that day, I'll stick with him again in this class..

A horse Ive been waiting to run again is, 'Lucky Sunny ' running in the 5.00 at Plumpton ..
    This son of Pasternak looked so impressive when winning first time up in a bumper, I think we can excuse his third on the next run, and feel confident he'll be back in the winners enclosure today for his first maiden hurdle, the soft ground should be in his favour.....

'Blackstairmountain 2. 25 Fairyhouse

'Lucky Sunny 5.00 Plumpton

• edited April 2010
    The draw for the Blue Riband semi-finals sees our anti-post  selections in with a great chance of moving into the finals..

Tuesday’s semis –

First: 1 Moneygall Obama, 2 Eye Eye Pickle, 3 Coolavanny Rock, 4 Dalcash Scolari, 5 Frisby Fontenblu (m), 6 Carden Bert (w).

Second: 1 Eye Onthe Storm, 2 Barnfield Rocky, 3 Freedom Emma (m), 4 Bosscroker (m), 5 Driving Up Ben (w), 6 Klockwork Kyla (w).

Third: 1 Fear Zafonic, 2 Lodgeview, 3 Ballymac Ace, 4 Jogadusc Ace, 5 Lenson Bolt (m), 6 Karma Obama (w).

How I see it at the moment, for the first heat, the two Mark Wallis dogs should be able to make the final IF they don't get caught up in early scrummaging to the first bed... "Eye Eye Pickle" and "Dalcash Scolari"

The second heat looks at first sight straight forward, the draw favours both " Eye Onthe Storm" rails and "Freedom Emma" who is a 'middle' runner ...

The third heat should go to "Fear Zafonic", with an outside chance going to "Jogadusc Ace"

So well take a proper look on Tuesday.
    I'm at Richards kennel Monday morning, so well see.
    However, I know he'll be very bullish, and to be fair she's a cracking b itch for him ... glk us Benny 

• edited April 2010

Afternoon Mr Benny Sir....

Let me tell you a story......

On Easter Sunday I SPENT the afternoon watching a bit of poker down my local boozer. To my amazement there were 3 famous people playing in the back room. NLH was the game and the players were RAMVASWANI, Annie Duke and the Devilfish. As they all sat down to play Annie said to Devilfish 'Hello Mr Devilfish' to which he replied 'you can CALL ME DAVE. To which she replied, 'well you can call me ANNIE THE DOC then. The 1st hand was dealt and after a call and a raise on the flop, Devilfish went all in on the button for his 10k stake money. Annie folded and after some deliberation, Ramvaswani called for his 10k stake.
    Cards were shown with Devil fish holding AhAc and Ram holding KsKd. the flop was As Kh Js. The turn brought the Qs to which devil fish laughed at and said 'no way'. Ram was
    SO ECSTATIC to see the next card which was the 10s which induced a RIVER RHAPSODY by everyone present in the room.
    As the Devilfish walked to the exit door, he turned and smiled at Ram and departed with these words......
    ' you got
    LUCKY SUNNY.....you got lucky'

Yes I did put money on it but will look out for your future tips Sir and I hope you like and appreciate my little story above     :)

Alan
  • edited April 2010

Brilliant Max  .. So Funny , Classic  ....  shame we weren't Lucky  ..

Oh well , next  stop Hall Green on Tuesday for the Blue Riband where we  still have  three ante-post bets running in the semi-finals ..

Then Aintree starting on Thursday and I'll be backing one in the first race there ....

(watch this space)  and  glk mate ,

I think your next up  for the  monthly  'bloggers' !  :))

• edited April 2010

Just  Fudge and Fudging

click  here />    Scarface School Play

:))

• edited April 2010

Eye Onthe Storm

Tonight (Tuesday) is Blue Riband semi-finals at Hall Green..

Well considering we mentioned initially  3 for  anti-post betting purposes,   it's nice to  see all 3 bets are alive and kicking ..

So my view of tonight is rvse fcst doubles and rvse fcst trebles small stakes .. and sit back and watch  the best of British in the greyhound world tonight...  
    As I've said  before "Eye Onthe Storm" although unbackable  now tonight at 1/3 ,,,   IS the best  Ive ever seen

8.20 "Dalcash Scolari" and "Eye Eye Pickle"

8.35 "Eye Onthe Storm" and "Freedom Emma"

8.50 "Fear Zafonic" and "Jogadusc Ace"

glk us Benny
  • edited April 2010
      Blue Riband Semi Finals ....Storm's  all the way !!

In the 8.50 and 3rd final "Fear Zafonic" crashed out finishing only 3rd to "Jogadusc Ace" .... ..

However EYE ONTHE STORM and Freedom Emma ..  go through to the Final  finishing 1st  and 2nd in the 8.35.

So, Mark Wallis has two in the final and Richard Yeates's Freedom Emma appears to be the main danger to stopping ...Eye Onthe Storm .. from landing the "Blue Riband" 

So with two anti-post bets running  it's all systems go for the final....

• edited April 2010
    Thursday Racing Aintree
    This is what Ive been waiting for .. he was my best bet at Cheltenham and now in my opinion will be the best bet at Aintree .. 
      When I was at Cheltenham this horse  not only looked special with a great future, he's also very highly rated by both Paul Nichols and Ruby Walsh, Ive taken 2/1 with Ladbrokes (best  price), however I really think this fellow will go off around 'Evens' tomorrow  (Thursday at 2.35)..

Sanctuaire winning by 9 lengths  at  The Cheltenham Festival ..

• edited April 2010
    First day  at  Aintree and with 'Sanctuaire' beaten into  3rd place it was a very painful day ...
    oh, did i not like that ..

Still, always look  on the brightside,  there's  the 'Blue Riband' greyhound final at Hall Green next Tuesday, where we still hold two very tasty anti-post vouchers for both
    "Eye Onthe Storm"(win 3/1) and Freedom Emma (e/w 1st 4 places 20/1)....

On that subject after watching 'Sanctuaire' get beat into third place this afternoon,
    (oh the pain) I thought I'd cheer myself up and popped in to see my old governor (Richard Yeates) at the kennels.
    There was a hive of activity going on, and it turned out they were getting a visit from the Skysports TV crew tomorrow(Friday) about there great b itch 'Freedom Emma' ....

As I chatted to Richards wife Diana, about the coming final, I told her that I couldn't understand the betting for the English Greyhound Derby
    (April 30th - May 29th)
    I pondered as she rushed 'to and fro' in the kitchen and putting the kettle on.. I asked her,
    "I mean here you are, in the final of the 'Blue Riband' on Tuesday against "Eye Onthe Storm," who is 14/1 clear fav for the Derby and your gal 'Freedom Emma' is priced up at 100/1 in places after finishing 10spots(1 and a 1/4 lengths) behind him in the semi-finals" ?
    She looked over and smiled as she said,
    "Baz at the moment the only thing I'm thinking of is this blooming Skysport TV crew, they'll probably be here a couple of hours or more, and all for a one minute slot on Sky TV on Tuesday night", "and with this race Tuesday, the last thing on my mind is the Derby betting," she smiled and said.
    "One sugar or two" ? 

Well on my way home, I cant help wondering if  'Feedom Emma' finishes in the first two on Tuesday night, what price will she be for the Derby then ?  Not 100/1 .....
  • edited April 2010

It's better to  be lucky than be good, and try to  give the poker fairy a little help !

Most poker players, even logical ones, sometimes feel something has gone wrong with the law of averages.
    You know about the law of averages ? Given enough time, the cards even out, and every-one's luck is the same.

But sometimes it doesn't seem that way, and even the most scientific gamblers lose faith.
    Are there other factors controlling our luck?

Something beyond the science we know now? ...Something mysterious and untoward? ...Who knows?
    Probably not, but I can't say definitely not.   And neither should anyone.

What I do know is that you will make the most money if you play your cards as if the law of averages rules, even if there's a haunting chance in your mind that it doesn't. And you should never complain about your bad luck, because… well, because nobody cares about your bad luck.

Right lets open a bottle of  wine and explain...

Now then, oh yes,  I mean  who cares  that  I've done a large lump of my bolox on a horse  called  'Sanctuarie' this week ?  Answer .. Of course nobody, but it sometimes helps if you think  someones listening when you give the reasons why it  got beat....   :))

So when it comes to  poker, nothings different, it's just the game has changed ..

One thing ive learned though over the years is, luck moves in mysterious circles, and when gambling you  never know whats   around the corner ...

I wish  i had a pound for every time ive heard a poker player say,

"Wanna hear something really pathetic?", " I had the 'nuts' on the flop, got my   money in, and what do  you think happened ? ??   .. Well I dont need to  hear anymore , of  course they got outdrawn ...

Every experienced gambler hears this sort of thing all the time. The vocabulary of complaint, the language of misery, is universal. If you're a regular poker player, you can hear echoes of similar tales right now.

Losers like to complain. Losing is a lonely experience.
    You suffer alone at a poker table. No one else seems aware of your tragedies.
    However after the game, many humans need to share their agony.

Losers exaggerate, that's because they're not trying to convey what really happened so much as how bad they feel.
    You shouldn't challenge their outrageous claims of misfortune. Merely do your duty as a human being and commiserate.

You see ..... It's human nature to feel you're running bad, even when you're not. In the past, I've learned that the fluctuations for a gambler can be a lot greater than most informed people suppose. There's a lot of luck involved in games like hearts, poker and backgammon.
    That's why it's important to get as big an edge as possible.

There's one subject that no self-respecting gambling authority will discuss.

It's the supernatural. ...so before you knock it, read on

Sure, it's easy to say that we have all the answers.

There are two main types of people who are screwing up this world ... those who claim to have discovered secret psychic answers, and those who blindly proclaim there can be no reality beyond that which they can fathom.

Both these groups, the fortune tellers and the tunnel-vision scientists, are suffering from the same insanity. They both need answers.
    The former makes them up,  the latter shouts that luck is understood by equation.

Nothing is more important to a gambler than whether unexplored phenomena might be influencing his luck. Although I can't prove  conclusively that such forces don't exist, here is my advice.

Get a good grasp of probabilities and gamble accordingly.
    Maybe there are undiscovered forces that guide our luck.? ( the poker fairy) 
     But our best shot of winning the money right now is to deal with concepts we comprehend.

If you mistakenly expect to 'flop' full house every hour, you're apt to feel miserable and cheated by fate. Your game will suffer. When you run bad, keep your luck secret.
    Getting sympathy from a fellow poker player is practically impossible.

This appropriate exchange of words happened a few years back. A  young man slithered up to my friend and asked to borrow £20.
    "I've lost my bolox!" he explained.

My friend 'Rod', slapped him softly on the shoulders, whispered,
     " wow unlucky mate, I hope you find em... and next time, believe it...there is  a poker fairy"!!
     As we walked away Rod smiled at me as he threw a screwed up twenty note to the young man.

• edited April 2010
    So will "Eye Onthe Storm"  win on Tuesday night ?

What do you think young Lady ?

I'll  take that as a 'yes'  then !!

• edited April 2010
    lol-- nice one benny!---what goes around and all that-- good luck on the national !!!
  • edited April 2010
    C'mon then Benny...let's have your grand national tip....we're running out of time here :o)

x
  • edited April 2010

Sorry Trips bit late on parade today (sore head)   I'm only having an interest bet but ..

for me its .. e/w ..Vic Venturi  for Ireland @25/1 .. and  e/w The Package as an alternative

glk .. we'll need it in this race , im guessing half the field will fall so  fingers crossed they al return safe and well ..........

• edited April 2010
    Bookies Bashed ....

This years grand national winner,  'Don't Push It'  ridden by the great Anthony McCoy has given the bookies  a bashing, after being backed down on the day  from 20/1  to 10/1 jt fav

Bookies William Hill report loses of 10 million along with  Ladbrokes the same 10 million .Paddy Power loses 5 million .. SkyBet .. not saying  :))

I  had tears in my  eyes  but not for them, the're for  the man who  should be voted  TV Sports Personality of The Year .. Mr Tony McCoy ...what  a star ...
    Just wish I'd bet him today..

• edited April 2010
    There's been at least two occasions where AP should've won Sports Personality of The Year before, benny, but it's never gonna happen is it? I actually thought he would never win the National either with the luck he's had in the race! Fair play to him, though, he derserves it!
  • edited April 2010
    There's been at least two occasions where AP should've won Sports Personality of The Year before, benny, but it's never gonna happen is it? I actually thought he would never win the National either with the luck he's had in the race! Fair play to him, though, he derserves it!
    Posted by DiggerMan
    Yes mate, he's been Champion jockey  for the last 15  years .. at what  sport  can there  be a more professional  sportsman than himself ..  Anthony McCoy !!!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Bennydip2 (X Files) "The Truth Is Out There"? : Yes mate, he's been Champion jockey  for the last 15  years .. at what  sport  can there  be a more professional  sportsman than himself ..  Anthony McCoy !!!
    Posted by bennydip2
    Phil Taylor........darts?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Bennydip2 (X Files) "The Truth Is Out There"? : Phil Taylor........darts?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    oh yes Max your right.. forgot him  :)  I met  him on a poker  cruise a few years  back .. top man, hes a good  poker player  as well ..
  • edited April 2010
    A True X File  Dooo whooo hoooo .........

From gambling fame to murder charge   
    More than 12 years after the disappearance of his American wife, poker champion Marcus Bebb-Jones is a step closer to being extradited to the US to face a trial for her murder.

click link  />   More from  Benny's X File News…
  • edited April 2010
    Tuesday Night is  big race night on SKYPORTS TV ..

The final of the  Stan James 'Blue Riband' (9.45) at Hall Green is the venue, for Mark Wallis's 'Eye Onthe Storm'  to confirm  why he is this years Derby favourite ..
    Although there is  no such thing as  a certainty in any form  of racing, this fellow has the hall mark of  a true champion, who  may well  go down into the history of  folk law greyhound legends..

Mark has been  quoted  as saying, 'this is the best dog he has ever trained', and that's coming from the master of 'Imperial Kennels'  who  trained the winner of the 2009 Derby,'Kinda Easy' ....

It's fair to say, there are others in this race who  can take advantage of any errors the 'fav' could make, and one that could is Richard Yeates's, 'Freedom Emma' who is drawn in her favourite trap 4, and as a middle runner she could  avoid any scrimmaging on the inside  at the first bend where there are 3 railers ..

It would  be great  to  see my old 'boss' Richard land this race and there's a recorded  interview of him at the kennels with Freedom Emma, to be shown on the night before the race  with the SKY camera crew.
    However as Ive said in previous post's here, 'Eye Onthe Storm' is the best dog I have ever seen on the track....

So for me, clutching my  ante-post vouchers (3/1) for  'Eye Onthe Storm' to win, and (20/1) 'Freedom Emma'  'e/w' to be in the first four , that's the way  i'd like to see the 1st  and 2nd ..

Don't forget to  watch SkySports TV on Tuesday night, you'll be seeing a true champion in action ..

• edited April 2010

The God of Irony, Gremlins and  Goblins and other nasty little creatures that get in the minds of Poker Players. 
     Sometimes  when I'm reading about sport, racing or poker I come across some really entertaining and often true stuff about superstition and the paranormal......
    Here a story from an old poker magazine, way back when 'God'was a boy .....
    It's not the answer to how the world was formed in this galaxy,  but ......
    Well here's  an extract from  a story .....read for yourself ..

Everyone I've talked to in depth about gambling confesses the same secret feelings. This even includes mathematicians who, at weak moments, think something strange might be happening in the universe.

Well, I know what it is!

Yep, after years and years of pondering the inexplicable, I've stumbled upon an answer. There's a reason why gamblers always complain of witnessing the "most incredible thing" or events that are simply "unbelievable."

I have isolated and identified the 'God of Irony!'
    He alone is responsible for all those "impossible" bad beats. It's his only job and he does it tirelessly. Worst of all he doesn't gamble.

Something about  the God of Irony !
    Let me tell you something about the God of Irony, so you know what you're up against. This is the guy who waits for you to begin a thought with the words,
     "Wouldn't it be terrible if" or "Can you imagine how bad I'd feel after winning all this money if…"

You think those thoughts and you're apt to gain the attention of the 'God of Irony'.
    The most dangerous thoughts are ones like, when you think that and you're in trouble! I mean, am I right or am I right? You've had things like that happen to you a hundred times, haven't you?

Let's say the odds are 200/1 in your favor. Then a dark, desperate idea crosses your mind. You find yourself envisioning a way to lose. The minute the idea strikes you, you're only a 5/1 favourite. That's because there's a good chance the 'God of Irony' will have intercepted your idea and decided to use it.

It can happen on the golf course when you're gambling for cash. You're leading by a stroke on the 18th and your opponent has just chipped a shot that's going to roll 50 feet past the hole.

You're practically spending your money, but then this thought hits you,
     "I've lost six weeks in a row to this bassa. Every thing's gone wrong. Wouldn't it be ironic if that ball hit the pin and dropped in for a birdie!"
    Here he comes....Enter the God of Irony. Ping! Plunk! You lose. Hey, you gamblers know what I'm talking about, don't you? The craziest things happen to us all the time.

Truth is, the 'The God of Irony' is a pretty dull fellow. He never has a creative thought of his own. We keep putting stuff in his head. The little sucker knows a good idea when he hears it.

A Merry Mental Attitude.
    Now, maybe you think I'm being facetious. Is this just mental medicine to help you ease the pain of losing? Many gamblers think they've been singled out by fate as a target for cruel jokes. They feel that they alone in all the universe are being tortured, experimented upon by some unknown force. They scream and cry deep within themselves. The hurt goes on.

I think it's better to believe in the 'God of Irony'.   At least you know who the enemy is - a pathetic little being with too much power and not a single worthwhile idea of his own.

So, let's stop feeling miserable when things go bad and start exchanging 'God of Irony' stories.

But if you refuse to believe that there is such a beast, go on thinking those strange thoughts. And when you finally get that pat full house you've been waiting for all week and your mind blurts,
     "Wouldn't it be terrible if this lost," ?   ...don't say I didn't warn you!