You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Harry's Harmony....the harmonious road to Kiev.

18910111214»

Comments

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: Harry's Harmony....the harmonious road to Kiev.:
    If you bink Vegas will you bring Paul with you?
    Posted by Donttelmum

No.
  • edited May 2016
    Found this rogue Sheffield Wednesday bet; apparently it was £5 @ 33/1 to win the league, placed in February. Curse my drunk betting, that isn't what I wanted! Will CC be sympathetic if I explain the situation? I'll settle for a £10 token gesture of goodwill ;)

Shall be playing that half time Vegas MTT down the boozer, it will only end in tears with drunk fat stubby fingers trying to mash buttons. Jac will know that feeling well.

Speaking of Vegas, might go for my 21st birthday next March, and possibly swing by Toronto on the way to see a mate there and get that Canadian box ticked. Looking at flights on Google flights website is the crack c0ca1ne of the airline industry. Flying from Norway or Sweden is the new Dublin, if you want to keep the prices as low as possible.

Manic Street Preachers were immense, as were Editors. The Coral have a very tough evening to follow tonight. Strip club next door to the venue, zero interest to me. Absolutely zero. No chance the evening will end up there.

• edited August 2016
    So any news ?

We need more fun and diaries. 
  • edited August 2016
    So any news ? We need more fun and diaries. 
    Posted by day4eire76

If we need more, then I might start another one. Seems the done thing at the moment.

The forum will never be as good as 2010 though. What fun they had back then. My only regret in life is that I missed it all and only first posted in 2013, by then all the forum fun had evaporated.
  • edited August 2016

Time a diary that has to be in the Top 20 on here was bumped.

Do you think that now you have Pep. Champions league qualification should be easier this year?
  • edited August 2016

^^^^

I think Top 20 is a bit ambitious, but deffo Top 50.
  • edited August 2016
    It would be beneficial to hear more about you Hrry, perhaps your school days :) I would imagine you were in the "cool crowd "
    Either that or you got your head kicked in on a regular basis.......by the teachers.;)
  • edited August 2016
    It would be beneficial to hear more about you Hrry, perhaps your Borstal days :) I would imagine you were in the "cool crowd " Either that or you got your head kicked in on a regular basis.......by the teachers.;)
    Posted by tomgoodun
    FYP Tom
  • edited August 2016
    Agree Tom. Early days stuff would be good 

Jon, how did you feel when you got pipped for the role of Roland in Grange Hill at the final interview?
  • edited August 2016
    Agree Tom. Early days stuff would be good  Jon, how did you feel when you got pipped for the role of Roland in Grange Hill at the final interview?
    Posted by Jac35
    Must have been devastated coming so soon after losing out on the 'chunk' role in The Goonies......

• edited August 2016

I think you boys are being a bit harsh here. Hhy is a proper bloke, the sort of man who rolls with the punches.

I'd go further - he is an all-round good guy. 

All the more impressive, as he carries a heavy burden in life.

Just as well he is thick-skinned.

• edited August 2016
    Maybe a little harsh as well that he's at work all day and can't respond?
  • edited August 2016
    That's right kick a man while he's down, he actually conna get up 
  • edited August 2016
    That's right kick a man while he's down, he actually conna get up 
    Posted by stokefc

You know what they say about Weebles, so I wouldnt worry too much ;-)
  • edited August 2016
    Just realised that statement has a capped range and only people of a certain age will understand the inference, so most itwill be polarised.

( just to keep a tenuous poker theme ;-)) 
  • edited August 2016
    Just realised that statement has a capped range and only people of a certain age will understand the inference, so most itwill be polarised. ( just to keep a tenuous poker theme ;-)) 
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Showing my age but yep I remember them not falling down.
  • edited August 2016
    I fear I may have been TROLLed today.
  • edited August 2016
    Time a diary that has to be in the Top 20 on here was bumped. Do you think that now you have Pep. Champions league qualification should be easier this year?
    Posted by Jac35

Do you think that now you have Pearson, you'll be in a position not to bottle promotion again? That position is 11th.
  • edited August 2016
    On the surface, a 2-1 win at home to Sunderland courtesy of a penalty and a late OG is hardly setting the world alight. At times yesterday it did look frustratingly similar to last season; plenty of 'nice' football in the final 3rd but either poor decision making or a lack of cutting edge meant we couldn't turn dominance into goals. Feels pretty silly to say a lack of cutting edge when we had Aguero, KDB, Nolito, Sterling and Silva all playing together, but Sunderland weren't there to make up the numbers and gave us a decent game. Few of our key players looked a little rusty as well, a pre season that has been far from seamless won't have helped this.

Dig a little deeper though and there were many encouraging signs. Kolarov at centre half? Clichy and Sagna almost playing as centre midfielders? Fernandinho often the deepest outfield player? I'm not sure if Pep is mad or a genius and the reality is probably somewhere in the middle. He is certainly ruthless, with Hart dropped and Toure not even in the squad.

Getting glimpses of how Pep wants to play football was a joy to watch though. Stones fits his plan perfectly and he didn't put a foot wrong yesterday. Under Guardiola, the defence is essentially the midfield and the base of starting an attack. The movement and flexibility of the team was there to see. It's very much a work in progress, but to see it being implemented and the players taking it all on board was great to witness. Sterner tests lie ahead but a promising start and an intriguing future. 

To think Nasri, Toure and Bony didn't make the squad yesterday, and we still have Kompany, Gundogan, Sane and then Jesus to come into the mix, its gonna be an interesting season.
  • edited August 2016
    On the surface, a 2-1 win at home to Sunderland courtesy of a penalty and a late OG is hardly setting the world alight. At times yesterday it did look frustratingly similar to last season; plenty of 'nice' football in the final 3rd but either poor decision making or a lack of cutting edge meant we couldn't turn dominance into goals. Feels pretty silly to say a lack of cutting edge when we had Aguero, KDB, Nolito, Sterling and Silva all playing together, but Sunderland weren't there to make up the numbers and gave us a decent game. Few of our key players looked a little rusty as well, a pre season that has been far from seamless won't have helped this. Dig a little deeper though and there were many encouraging signs. Kolarov at centre half? Clichy and Sagna almost playing as centre midfielders? Fernandinho often the deepest outfield player? I'm not sure if Pep is mad or a genius and the reality is probably somewhere in the middle. He is certainly ruthless, with Hart dropped and Toure not even in the squad. Getting glimpses of how Pep wants to play football was a joy to watch though. Stones fits his plan perfectly and he didn't put a foot wrong yesterday. Under Guardiola, the defence is essentially the midfield and the base of starting an attack. The movement and flexibility of the team was there to see. It's very much a work in progress, but to see it being implemented and the players taking it all on board was great to witness. Sterner tests lie ahead but a promising start and an intriguing future.  To think Nasri, Toure and Bony didn't make the squad yesterday, and we still have Kompany, Gundogan, Sane and then Jesus to come into the mix, its gonna be an interesting season.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Apart from the goal you conceded.
    According to what I have seen/read/heard, running out of defence to allow Defoe a nice big gap to run into and score is not a good idea.

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Harry's Harmony....the harmonious road to Kiev. : Apart from the goal you conceded. According to what I have seen/read/heard, running out of defence to allow Defoe a nice big gap to run into and score is not a good idea.
    Posted by dragon1964

tbf I haven't seen a replay so no idea who, if anyone, was at fault. Maybe it was a masterclass in passing from Sunderland? ;)

With how Pep wants the defence to play, mistakes are inevitable, and at times yesterday I could hear myself thinking ''just bloody hoof it upfield'', but I guess the advantages of playing from the back will outweigh the occasional negatives of conceding a silly goal.

• edited December 2016
    I am very happy this afternoon :)
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Harry's Harmony....the harmonious road to Kiev. : tbf I haven't seen a replay so no idea who, if anyone, was at fault. Maybe it was a masterclass in passing from Sunderland? ;)With how Pep wants the defence to play, mistakes are inevitable, and at times yesterday I could hear myself thinking ''just bloody hoof it upfield'', but I guess the advantages of playing from the back will outweigh the occasional negatives of conceding a silly goal.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    i wasn't sure about this when you wrote it.
    In fairness It seems that you were right after all. Good season for you and it looks as though you will end up higher in the league than teams like Stoke and West Brom. So all in all a good season.

Been on any trips since your last update?