You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good luck stokefc

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi all,just thought I would leave a good luck message for my brother stokefc for the up and coming £500k 6-max UKPC event at dust till dawn in Nottingham this week,I shall be going along to watch him and were just going to enjoy the experience and especially my brother is.Good luck mate!!

Comments

• edited August 2014
    BEST OF LUCK to our TPT Team Mate Stokey

and to all the other TPTers who have qualified

Have a great time guys
  • edited August 2014

PVFC v StokeFC and you're brothers? :)

Are you lot looking forward to coming to the cauldron that is the Keepmoat Stadium next week to take on the league 1 table toppers?!? ;)

glgl Stoke!

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Good luck stokefc:
    PVFC v StokeFC and you're brothers? :) Are you lot looking forward to coming to the cauldron that is the Keepmoat Stadium next week to take on the league 1 table toppers?!? ;) glgl Stoke!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yes that's right DOH I'm vale and my brother is stoke lol not going into detail how it happened and unfortunately I can't go Donny has I will be in Nottingham.If we play like we did 2nd half against Walsall you will hammer us depends which vale side turns up.
  • edited August 2014
    Pfff, Alsager Town FC for the win

GOOD LUCK STOKEY - Take it down and buy us all an oatcake.

• edited August 2014
  • edited August 2014

Good luck Stoke play your normal game.  Stay patient and be lucky.

Daggers.
  • edited August 2014
    Best of luck Stoke.
    Playing Friday? Be nice to say "hello" if you are.

• edited August 2014
    Best of luck Stoke. Playing Friday? Be nice to say "hello" if you are.
    Posted by Jac35
    Let's hope so - Friday is Day 2.......
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Good luck stokefc : Let's hope so - Friday is Day 2.......
    Posted by Tikay10
    :)

Is Thursday the last of the day 1s?
    Qualifiers are playing the last day?
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Good luck stokefc : :) Is Thursday the last of the day 1s? Qualifiers are playing the last day?
    Posted by Jac35
    Yes, & yes.

;)

• edited August 2014
    thx craigyboy and to everybody else,its pretty daunting tbh,playing against top top players as most regs know i only play micros and i never do any good in the mains if i fluke a sat, i ain't got the thought process like the good players have with my limited intelligence :)
    I'm just gonna enjoy mesel play a patient solid game and hope i have a run of cards then enjoy a day in Nottingham on the friday(i booked 2 nights just in case)
    looking forward to meeting the Sky regs tho.
    its been a dream of mine to play a live tourney,didn't think it would be this big tho with all the pros and cameras and with it being held at such a prestigious venue jeeze ive got the shakes now.
    I want to thank Sky poker for making this possible and Tikay for all of his enthusiasm this site wouldn,t be the same without him,i mean i got a £1000 seat from a freeroll never expecting to get through but it happened and now im going to Nottingham,surreal to say the least.
    anyway looking forward to seeing you all gl and run good folks..Sean
  • edited August 2014
  • edited August 2014
    also im taking a door knob (long story)as a protector will it be allowed also can i ware a small pin badge with stoke on it.
    it not colditz is it :)
  • edited August 2014
    Good luck Stoke play your normal game.  Stay patient and be lucky.                                   Daggers.
    Posted by daggers747
    D&R fan?

How does StokeFC link D&R to DRFC ?
  • edited August 2014
    thx craigyboy and to everybody else,its pretty daunting tbh,playing against top top players as most regs know i only play micros and i never do any good in the mains if i fluke a sat, i ain't got the thought process like the good players have with my limited intelligence :) I'm just gonna enjoy mesel play a patient solid game and hope i have a run of cards then enjoy a day in Nottingham on the friday(i booked 2 nights just in case) looking forward to meeting the Sky regs tho. its been a dream of mine to play a live tourney,didn't think it would be this big tho with all the pros and cameras and with it being held at such a prestigious venue jeeze ive got the shakes now. I want to thank Sky poker  for making this possible  and Tikay for all of his enthusiasm this site wouldn,t be the same without him,i mean i got a £1000 seat from a freeroll never expecting to get through but it happened and now im going to Nottingham,surreal to say the least. anyway looking forward to seeing you all gl and run good folks..Sean
    Posted by stokefc
    Mega! Just enjoy every second and GL.

• edited August 2014
    GL stokey lad
    TID Micro style

Regards Alan
  • edited August 2014

GL Stokie,  enjoy yourself m8.
  • edited August 2014
    gl stoke

like others have said just enjoy it buddy :)
  • edited August 2014
    Best of luck Stoke,  play your normal game and you'll do just fine enjoy it mate..
  • edited August 2014
    Best of luck Stoke. You may only play the micros but your a rock with your play. My advice is just sit back for a while and try and keep calm. Play your normal game and with a bit of luck you can get through Day1. Whatever happens make sure you enjoy it.

PS It would be great if you could tell us your real name then we can look out for you. After all this time on Sky we still only know you as Stoke!
  • edited August 2014
    Best of luck Stoke. You may only play the micros but your a rock with your play. My advice is just sit back for a while and try and keep calm. Play your normal game and with a bit of luck you can get through Day1. Whatever happens make sure you enjoy it. PS It would be great if you could tell us your real name then we can look out for you. After all this time on Sky we still only know you as Stoke!
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Can narrow it down to 'Sean' ... something ...
  • edited August 2014
    thx craigyboy and to everybody else,its pretty daunting tbh,playing against top top players as most regs know i only play micros and i never do any good in the mains if i fluke a sat, i ain't got the thought process like the good players have with my limited intelligence :) I'm just gonna enjoy mesel play a patient solid game and hope i have a run of cards then enjoy a day in Nottingham on the friday(i booked 2 nights just in case) looking forward to meeting the Sky regs tho. its been a dream of mine to play a live tourney,didn't think it would be this big tho with all the pros and cameras and with it being held at such a prestigious venue jeeze ive got the shakes now. I want to thank Sky poker  for making this possible  and Tikay for all of his enthusiasm this site wouldn,t be the same without him,i mean i got a £1000 seat from a freeroll never expecting to get through but it happened and now im going to Nottingham,surreal to say the least. anyway looking forward to seeing you all gl and run good folks..Sean
    Posted by stokefc
    This is what it's all about, best of luck to you stoke.  Don't be intimidated by the occasion or the players, they only have two cards just like you do.  Most of all, enjoy it, should be a brilliant tournament.
  • edited August 2014

Very best of luck Stokefc, as others have said, just relax, try and get into your comfort zone and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

You might not think you are the best, but just like Stoke City in the prem, you deserve to be there and sure are good enough to compete with the best of them.

Here's hoping you have to miss the match on Saturday, as a Stoke double win would be perfect for the weekend.

• edited August 2014
    Best of luck Stoke mate, enjoy yourself :)
  • edited August 2014
    GL mate see you down there
  • edited August 2014
    Good luck stoke,always a pleasure to be on your table ,your asolid player.don't be intimidated mate just treat it like a £2 deeply.:) il be following your progress .
  • edited August 2014
    wow ty
     i am truely humbled by your replys
    im just a working class lad and im gonna give it my best shot
    its all very much appreciated thank you ..
    now to reply on poshcoles thread
  • edited August 2014
    been on the same table as yourself a few times you come over as  good solid player

enjoy the experience you've got nothing to lose I hope you have a great weekend and plenty of good luck.
  • edited August 2014
    Best of luck Stoke - I really hope you run golden tomorrow xxx  Just sit there for the first hour and don't even play a hand - you won't even lose many chips by doing that but you'll gain knowledge!!  

ENJOY!!!!

PS - Not wanting to hijack your thread but can I also wish Larson and the other sky regs some run good too!!
  • edited August 2014
    GL Stoke have a great day . Would be a great story if you could go free roll to taking it down , I think the peeps at Sky would have to get you on the show if you do that .  :-)