You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good luck stokefc

Comments

• edited August 2014

I made a mess of a couple of hands v you in DTD the other night when you were in your comfort zone.

The worst thing you can possibly do is go in and try to change the way you play (in my opinion).

The best strategy is to play the game you're comfortable playing.

I've lost thousands at higher levels trying to play a game I'm not comfortable with just because I was intimidated by the numbers, when my normal game would've done just fine.

It's only easy for them if you make big mistakes, and you make fewer mistakes than most.

glgl mate!
  • edited August 2014
    Good luck Stoke enjoy.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited August 2014
    Best of luck Stokefc, I'll be rooting for you as a fellow Stokie :)

Just to give yourself a bit of an edge on the Friday, you need to start the day with a couple of Bacon n Cheeze Oatcakes with brown sauce just to kick start the day in style :)

Keep calm and go with your gut instinct, try not to be intimidated. Think of it as your Bear Pit away from the Brit
  • edited August 2014

Here's wishing you the Best of Luck Stokey.
  • edited August 2014
    Good luck Fellow Stokie, it would be good if you could keep us all informed on how you're doing and who you're playing with. I'll follow you hopefully all the way to the final table.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Good luck stokefc:
    Best of luck Stokefc, I'll be rooting for you as a fellow Stokie :) Just to give yourself a bit of an edge on the Friday, you need to start the day with a couple of Bacon n Cheeze Oatcakes with brown sauce just to kick start the day in style :) Keep calm and go with your gut instinct, try not to be intimidated. Think of it as your Bear Pit away from the Brit
    Posted by Lightwood
    It's got to be ketchup with bacon and chaze ;)
  • edited August 2014

News from Table StokeFC.

Our man is having a BALL, & won a pot early doors.

Have introduced him to another Stoke City fan, too, Mark Wilson.

All going well so far.
  • edited August 2014
    Cheers Tikay, keep us informed.
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    the man himself, playing today

and his cheerleader

• edited August 2014
    the man himself, playing today and his cheerleader
    Posted by SPT
    Isn't it funny how people never look like you imagined? TPT good looks quota up 5%.

Great start Sean keep it up
  • edited August 2014

Deep into Level 4, and our man still has his starting stack.

He is having a great time, and his brother is here railing him.

Will try and introduce him to a few faces during the breaks, Lord Grumpy etc.

Would so love our man to make day two.
  • edited August 2014
    Good to hear your doing well mate keep it up, not often I say this being a swans fan, come on Stoke tid m8....
  • edited August 2014
    This is fantastic, a proper fairytale poker story. Love it when people at the micros get into the big ones and more than hold there own. Long may this continue, gl gl
  • edited August 2014
    Good Luck, remember I have you to finish 18th, so dont go and win it lol :)
  • edited August 2014
    I introduced our man to PoshCole at the break, and also to Willie Tann and Lord Grumpy.

He is still on around 50,000.
  • edited August 2014
    Loving it. Great photo, have a great time hope you get some of that huge prize pool. GL.
  • edited August 2014

Re: *** Fantasy UKPC 6-Max *** It's back and bigger than ever - £66.00 worth of tournament entries to be won ***

posted at 7/8/2014 11:34 AM BST on SkyPoker.com
    First: 19/12/2011
    Last: 14/8/2014
    stokefc
    Yoyo (captain)
    Alex spencer wc
    lambert180
    MattBates
    MAXALLY
    Liamboi11
    Donttelmum
    Beaneh
    Ryan Spittles wc
  • edited August 2014
    Just remembered I've got Stokefc in my fantasy team!!
  • edited August 2014
    Just remembered I've got Stokefc in my fantasy team!!
    Posted by gogogadget
    Good Choice Sir.......

Your Captain looks a bit "iffy" though :)
  • edited August 2014
    I introduced our man to PoshCole at the break, and also to Willie Tann and Lord Grumpy. He is still on around 50,000.
    Posted by Tikay10
    wow

where else would a newbie live poker player get introduced to the likes of Lord Neil Channing.

says something about sky and about Stokefc

skypoker/tikay/stokefc FTW
  • edited August 2014
    How is my captain fairing? Any updates on yoyo?
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Good luck stokefc : wow where else would a newbie live poker player get introduced to the likes of Lord Neil Channing. says something about sky and about Stokefc skypoker/tikay/stokefc FTW
    Posted by GELDY
    That's what I love about poker. In what other sport/hobbie could you play against top level pros? Go stokey and all other sky regs 
  • edited August 2014
    How is my captain fairing? Any updates on yoyo?
    Posted by gogogadget
    I am afraid your captain is busto.

Stokey has been on his one hour dinner break, and has just resumed play.

Blinds are 500-1,000/100, and I think he has around 45,000.

I so want him to make day two. "Bagging up" in Live poker at the end of day one is the greatest.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Good luck stokefc : I am afraid your captain is busto. Stokey has been on his one hour dinner break, and has just resumed play. Blinds are 500-1,000/100, and I think he has around 45,000. I so want him to make day two. "Bagging up" in Live poker at the end of day one is the greatest.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks Tikay, although not exactly the news I wanted :(

• edited August 2014
    Down to about 18,000, Stokey went for a flip, his 5-5 v A-Q.

The board ran out Q-8-4-Q-6.

So that was that.

He was card dead all day, but even so, I think he had a great time.
  • edited August 2014
    Down to about 18,000, Stokey went for a flip, his 5-5 v A-Q. The board ran out Q-8-4-Q-6. So that was that. He was card dead all day, but even so, I think he had a great time.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Fine effort for a debut live game. Well done Stoke. And thank you Tikay for updating us.
  • edited August 2014
    Add Post. Logged out. Silly me. I'll just do that again......

Well done, Sean. Hope you had an experience to remember. I haven't plucked up the courage to try live yet - too scared of messing up and not being able to do the maths in my pickled brain! Online makes it too easy. Need to get over that.

Thanks Tikay for sending us pics and updates along the way.

• edited August 2014
    one of the best days of my life
    what can i say,simply amazing,i arrived at 11.30 with the wife me bro and his lady stood at the door for about 5 mins just taking it all in spotted Tikay talking to some grumpy guy at the merchandise counter he walked past me i didn't,t dare say owt(was abit nervous tbh)
    next thing i know im sat down with a bunch of chips the lad to my right had a sky poker badge sewn into his shirt i thought oh dear and it proved as he was raising nearly every pot in any position i re-raised him a couple of time to try and stop him nicking my blinds,it worked when he folded but it didn't stop him raising the next hand, top player very aggro his name is Alves.
    Spotted Tikay laughing and joking with other players he walked past this time i introduced myself wow he was actually looking for me i was speechless.
    the 1st break came went out for a ciggie when Tikay came out with Jen mason he introduced her, i mean cmon, then he introduce me to Tommyd lambert and mattbates had abit of banter then as i was going back in a lad spotted me badge it was MAXALLY,Al you were great m8 putting my mind at ease.
    sat back down,pretty card dead tried to keep me stack won a couple of pots the another break this time Tikay grabs me and say i want you to meet a couple of his friends,this is Willie Tann and this is Neil Channing i nearly fell over had a small chat, neil thought i played for Stoke :) then Tikay introduced me to Poshcole,spent some time with posh(steve) thoroughly decent guy 
    moved tables had 30 bigs been card dead got to level 8 20 bigs shove time waiting for a spot 55 allin, call aq,queen on flop,out,i didn't,t mind, looking at the play it was so aggressive i didn't,t see one unraised pot pre flop and that was the difference from what used too.
    Tikay,you sir were simply awesome made me feel like a king really made my day giving me encouragement at every opportunity,you really are Mr  Poker and the the whole scene wouldn't,t be the same without you,thank you with all my heart
    R Craig,what a man stood there all day thx bro,mrs stokefc enjoyed it too bonus
    Had a great Friday in Nottingham (from what i can remember)
    on the way home met f-ivanovich on the train bonus
    thanks to sky poker and DTD for holding this event and for letting this mere mortal to have his day in the sun absolutely fantastic,Thanks for all the support on this thread
    Sean

MAXALLY is a forum god :) 
  • edited August 2014

Pleasure to meet you Sean (and your posse, lol).

Glad you enjoyed it! Hope it is one of many live events you can now enter.

Yeah.....Tikay is ok...ish.

You would of loved the SnG I sorted out late last night.....The management gave me a table...(rake free, sssshhh) and a dealer! I was a couple of players short.....so I asked Sam Trickett if he wanted a game just after he bubbled!! Top man said yes.....even brought a round after!

• edited August 2014
    Sounds like you had a blast, well done,

You may not have won but at least ur team did

ooops ;)