You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Abusing the 'fish'

edited September 2014 in Poker Chat
Yet again, more regulars sat at low staked tables abusing players they deem not worthy of playing.

You do NOT have a right to abuse players because of their loss column and have a right to play without ridicule.

Not only that, it is pretty dumb to abuse perceived poor players.

And well done on turning the abuse on anyone who speaks out against you.

No wonder people on the forums think you are idiots.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Abusing the 'fish':
    Calling me a pedo, very mature
    Posted by MrWh1te
    It must be immature humour coz I lold! :D
  • edited September 2014
    its not, its two 'regulars' (again, always seems to be regulars), and it is just bullying another player

they wouldn't get away with it in rl

EVERYONE has a right to play poker without fear of ridicule and humiliation
  • edited September 2014
    did it by livechat
  • edited September 2014
    Report it if it's inappropriate, simples!

Also, we all know when you say the 'fish' you mean yourself ;)
  • edited September 2014

Yeh totally agree with you, it's a big pet hate of mine too. I wasn't lolling at that. It was the peado thing.

It's strange that they are still allowed to chat because I'm sure they've been reported multiple times.

Maybe they're aware of the rules and make sure they are 'abusing within them'.
  • edited September 2014
    interesting that you know who they are, yet I didn't name them

I hate it, it is the one thing that annoys me in poker above all else

That said, it was pretty funny that they both bust in that game, and then they both bust in the game they followed me to.

And even funnier that the last bust was KK V AA

Was this on Monday?

I seem to remember seeing a peado comment but can't remember who was involved.

Anyway, sorry if I seemed a little flippant earlier, but as I said, if it's innopropriate / offensive, then PLEASE report it, there's just no place for it in poker!
  • edited September 2014
    Nah this was tonight.

First they were doing 'friendly banter' and taking the mick out of everyone's nicks.  Then they spent 5 minutes thinking of different names for ladies private parts and avoiding the censor thing.
    They both started having a pop at this one guy, bringing up his losses on sharkscope etc and deriding every move he made.
    I told em they were out of order and they started on me.

Followed me to another table, asking me if I am a teacher, and when I said I was a member of society, got loads of 'so was jimmy Saville, so was rold harris' etc etc, before starting on 'your mum' stuff.

To be honest, I can handle it, no skin off my nose and I just made sure I beat up on their blinds etc, but it REALLY annoyed me the treatment the other guy got.
  • edited September 2014
    Yeah if its abuse or threats or anything like that then report it., but imo mentioning it on here surely just promotes the bully and gives them what they want? and as a teacher surely you should no better than anyone that you should just take the apprpriate action and not rise to anything else... switch chat off if you need to.. because even though i wouldnt condone actual abuse i would often try to wind up or annoy an opponent if i can see its clearly tilting them
  • edited September 2014
    Doesn't tilt me, I won both games and they didn't.  Trying to tilt me won't work.

But yeah, I do see your point, but then again, if we have regular players abusing others then I do think it should be up for discussion.

That is the problem.  Report it, sky say they will deal with it but nothing changes and it gets swept under the carpet.
  • edited September 2014
    Oh im fully aware of that, but thats life, justice isnt always done, but all you can do is take your appropriate action... ive had a lot of terrible experiences with customer care, but even if they only take 10% of the cases seriously then at least the site will be 10% better off. Personally id like to see a 3 strike rule brought in when it comes to abuse, as everyone would know where they stand that way but sky obviously have a certain way of dealing with it which i hope works for them
  • edited September 2014

Morning MrWhOnete.

It's quite inexcusable, inappropriate chat by anyone, "regulars" or not, along the lines you suggest, is not acceptable, & is something everyone needs to work together to help stamp out.

As others have noted, the best course of action is to report it to Customer Care.

• edited September 2014
    Doesn't tilt me, I won both games and they didn't.  Trying to tilt me won't work. But yeah, I do see your point, but then again, if we have regular players abusing others then I do think it should be up for discussion. That is the problem.  Report it, sky say they will deal with it but nothing changes and it gets swept under the carpet.
    Posted by MrWh1te
    I'm sorry, but that's not a fair comment. It does not get "swept under the carpet" at all. 

For legal, regulatory & commercial reasons, the names or aliases of those investigated, & in some cases chat-banned or banned, are never made known by the Business.

The system is as follows. 

If a player is reported for chat abuse, the chat log for the incident is reviewed by the Office. The complaint cannot be taken at face value, as in many cases, chat abuse arises out of retaliation, or "afters". I'm told this is the case in a remarkably high number of "chat abuse" incidents.

Once the reported incident has been looked at, they then review the chat of the accused over a longer period, around 3 months I believe. A better overview of their chat behaviour can be obtained that way. I would doubt action is taken very often from viewing a single night's evidence.

Based on that evidence, & where appropriate, the accused are then sent an e-Mail by the Business, warning them as to their future behaviour, or informing them they have been chat-banned or banned.  It was not always the case, but currently, a chat-ban on the Tables now extends to the Community. 

I feel as strongly as you do in this matter, perhaps more so, we must work together to stamp out this ridiculous & unacceptable behaviour by a small minority. But I think it's unfair to say the Business "sweeps it under the carpet". The Business has access to far more evidence than you or I have, so as individual players, we don't really know all the facts.

I'll send this thread upstairs, so they can make themselves fully aware of this particular alleged incident.

• edited September 2014
    I will echo Tikay's comments.

Customer Care take chat abuse very seriously and work closely with the poker team to act upon it. In most cases customer care are able to deal with the matter themself, occasionally they will pass it on to the poker team to have a look at. As Tikay also says, sometimes the chat warrants a warning as to future behaviour sometimes it warrants an on the spot ban from chat and the community. 

Please continue to report any such chat abuse to customer care and we will continue to act upon it in the required manner.

Thanks
  • edited September 2014

Just to add to my earlier Post, I think the system is sort of verbal warning/yellow card/red card sort of thing.

Obviously, in certain cases, a "straight red" is issued.

Hopefully (I'm just guessing), if someone, quite out of character, has a bad night, & vents inappropiately, a little word in his or her ear will do the trick. Most of us have said silly things at least once or twice in the heat of the moment.

The real culprits are those who do it regularly. 

• edited September 2014

As a sort of side-issue to this, "abuse" is not always easy to define.

Personally, I think calling another, supposedly inferior, poker player a "fish" is abusive, & it's a term I loathe. I'm not sure, however, what the correct term should be.

In the real world, at the back of the school classroom is the lad who has struggled in life, & is not very bright. Would we call him "an idiot" to his face, or in front of him where he can hear us?

If you peruse 2+2, the nosebleed guys use the term "fish" without a second thought. Doubt it ever occurs to them that their social skills are equally inadequate.   

• edited September 2014
    The odd comment here and there is inevitable, and is like water off a ducks back to me, but attempts to ridicule and intimidate are unnaceptable in my mind.

There are two players in particular that I have seen on lower stake DYM's consitently making fun of other players on the table, I have a feeling these might be the ones being discussed (they have a particular obsession with scope ratings)...... 

Pair of d**ks if you ask me.

Neil
  • edited September 2014
    The odd comment here and there is inevitable, and is like water off a ducks back to me, but attempts to ridicule and intimidate are unnaceptable in my mind. There are two players in particular that I have seen on lower stake DYM's consitently making fun of other players on the table, I have a feeling these might be the ones being discussed (they have a particular obsession with scope ratings)......  Pair of d**ks if you ask me. Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62

• edited September 2014

Did you know that Mallards are THE most promiscous bird or duck known to man?

They'll mate, literally, with anything, including a, err, deceased Mallard.

They mate with other species of ducks, too, if it moves, they are interested, such that several species are now endangered due to cross breeding. 

Not sure about "cross breeding", if a Mallard tried it on with me, I'd be furious, never mind cross.

• edited September 2014
    The odd comment here and there is inevitable, and is like water off a ducks back to me, but attempts to ridicule and intimidate are unnaceptable in my mind. There are two players in particular that I have seen on lower stake DYM's consitently making fun of other players on the table, I have a feeling these might be the ones being discussed (they have a particular obsession with scope ratings)......  Pair of d**ks if you ask me. Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Hi

Please remember we have a specific forum rule against this too.

See here for details.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited September 2014
    Did you know that Mallards are THE most promiscous bird or duck known to man? They'll mate, literally, with anything, including a, err, deceased Mallard. They mate with other species of ducks, too, if it moves, they are interested, such that several species are now endangered due to cross breeding.  Not sure about "cross breeding", if a Mallard tried it on with me, I'd be furious, never mind cross.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Stop ducking around Tikay!
  • edited September 2014

I got abused by two clowns on live TV last night!* Can I report this?

To OP. I am seeing more of this just recently....'regs' thinking they can say or do what they want. It is wrong and they are not above the rules. Report it with chat log details. The more folk who do this, the more chance they will get dealt with.

*may not actually be true, neither knew the table dynamics, history etc. Glad I played how I did in the end...so all cool.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Abusing the 'fish' : Hi Please remember we have a specific forum rule against this too. See  here  for details. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

Duly noted, very sorry, won't happen again.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Abusing the 'fish' :
    Posted by Tikay10
    LOL, that is of course what I meant, thx Tikay.......ha ha ha 

Maxally, very nicely done last night.
  • edited September 2014
    I got abused by two clowns on live TV last night!* Can I report this? To OP. I am seeing more of this just recently....'regs' thinking they can say or do what they want. It is wrong and they are not above the rules. Report it with chat log details. The more folk who do this, the more chance they will get dealt with. *may not actually be true, neither knew the table dynamics, history etc. Glad I played how I did in the end...so all cool.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I know not of what you speak. Except THIS
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Abusing the 'fish' : Duly noted, very sorry, won't happen again.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Ha!

No no, "Sky Poker" was not having a pop at you, Neil, just letting you know that your point about using Sharkscope Stats to abuse others is not permitted. They were agreeing with you.

• edited September 2014

Ha 

Lol, I just clicked the link that Sky had posted (should have done that the first time......) , thx for letting me know, so can I still call people DUCKS?
    :-)
  • edited September 2014
    I don't believe for one minute that Sky prefer to sweep things under the carpet but it often 'appears' that very little is done. I know who the two players are and so it seems do plenty of others.  I have only played 1 game with one of them. I witnessed in that game exactly the same sort of thing that the op posted about. A friend told me that he had reported them for openly talking about multi accounting in the chatbox. A player who kept a diary on here is rarely posting anymore.  It's purely a guess but I believe that's because of how tbe 2 players have bullied him and mocked every post he makes. You say there are rules in place. These 2 players seem to have broken most of them, yet they're still here.  It's frustrating and possibly why people have the perception that nothing gets done andfeel thst it's pointless bothering to report pkayers.
    Posted by Jac35

If that is true Skypoker have failed bigtime with their security procedures. 
    I'm amazed they are still allowed to play together, collusion over the long term is pretty easy to see in DYMs

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Abusing the 'fish' : If that is true Skypoker have failed bigtime with their security procedures.  I'm amazed they are still allowed to play together, collusion over the long term is pretty easy to see in DYMs
    Posted by hagisboy
    On the face of it, yes.

But talking about it in the chat box does not necessarily mean they are doing it, people like to say things for effect sometimes.

One chap I play with regularly claims to be a huge winner, but I'm pretty sure he is fos.

I never saw mention of "collusion" incidentally, unless you refer to the chat about multi-accounting.

I may be the only one who does not know who these two "regulars" are as it happens, so maybe I'm out of touch. But I don't want to know either, to be honest, it's none of my business. I DO think such suspicions should always be reported though. Gossiping on the Forum won't solve a thing.