You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Abusing the 'fish'

13»

Comments

• edited September 2014
    As Tikay has said throughout this thread we cannot divulge the findings of Customer Care investigations into chat abuse/ general unpleasantness on here or at the table. I can assure you that Customer Care do take these very seriously and I see firsthand what gets referred and the actions that they take.

Of course CC are the first point of call but please don't hesitate to leave me a PM on here if there is something you feel I need to look at. 
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Abusing the 'fish':
    I wonder how they would feel if Rory McIlroy was to refer to them in the same way they do to lesser players,
    Rory probably would if the player was on the green, using a driver to sink the ball, smashed it off the green leaving a huge divot, bouncing off a TV camera, via someones head then into the hole, beating him and winning the game.

Similar to donks who shove 9 3 offsuit against AA and think its a good play when they hit 2 pair.
  • edited September 2014
    As Tikay has said throughout this thread we cannot divulge the findings of Customer Care investigations into chat abuse/ general unpleasantness on here or at the table. I can assure you that Customer Care do take these very seriously and I see firsthand what gets referred and the actions that they take. Of course CC are the first point of call but please don't hesitate to leave me a PM on here if there is something you feel I need to look at. 
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Could you point out to people there is a mute button on each player.  If they don't want to see whats written, they don't have to.
  • edited September 2014
    Don't mess with Mr White.

I have seen Reservoir Dogs & I know what he is capable of.

Just Saying!

;)
  • edited September 2014
    The fact they are censored may tell you something.
    Tells me alot about Sky when the words pokerstars and damn are censored, I think Hilter is aswell.   Very Strange indeed.
  • edited September 2014
    Been looking back through mr whites posts, it seems he has a long history of reporting players for "abuse" or "banter" as i like to call it.. 

Good. The more people who do so the better Sky Poker will be for the vast majority of us.  There's a huge difference between abuse and banter, the primary one as I see it is that banter is two-way, abuse is normally one way.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Abusing the 'fish' : It's a shame you no longer post on your diary Gary as I play low stakes DYM's and was a regular reader, maybe you should think of restarting it? I know it was hijacked by a couple of trolls but I don't think that should stop you continuing. Gl.
    Posted by Ikelly
    +1
    Come back!!
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Abusing the 'fish' : Good. The more people who do so the better Sky Poker will be for the vast majority of us.  There's a huge difference between abuse and banter, the primary one as I see it is that banter is two-way, abuse is normally one way.
    Posted by FCHD
    And there you have it.
  • edited September 2014
    Chill out guys.  Words can't hurt you - just enjoy the game and enjoy winning :)
  • edited September 2014

And there is the crux of the problem right there. 

People have the right to play without those words, whether it bothers them or not.

I think in the case I reported though, action has been taken by sky.

• edited September 2014
    And there is the crux of the problem right there.  People have the right to play without those words, whether it bothers them or not. I think in the case I reported though, action has been taken by sky.
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Glad to hear that ;)  see you at the tables 
  • edited September 2014
    And there is the crux of the problem right there.  People have the right to play without those words, whether it bothers them or not. I think in the case I reported though, action has been taken by sky.
    Posted by MrWh1te
    get a life.banter hurts nobody

• edited September 2014
     wow, ive just joined sky and am starting to wonder if ive joined the right site..do people really act in such an immature manner over a little banter? Do people sit here playing one of lifes victims over a few type-written words? In my opinion this threads owner must have a sad life, from what ive read it wasnt even his beef and the guy it was aimed at hasnt even posted himself? lol,  Just another saddo trying to get attention. play cards, mind your own business, and if someone indeed doesnt like the banter surely its up to them to make the complaint no?
    too funny
  • edited September 2014
     wow, ive just joined sky and am starting to wonder if ive joined the right site..do people really act in such an immature manner over a little banter? Do people sit here playing one of lifes victims over a few type-written words? In my opinion this threads owner must have a sad life, from what ive read it wasnt even his beef and the guy it was aimed at hasnt even posted himself? lol,  Just another saddo trying to get attention. play cards, mind your own business, and if someone indeed doesnt like the banter surely its up to them to make the complaint no? too funny
    Posted by U_KNOW_ME
    We have already established the difference between banter and abuse...

...welcome to the site.
  • edited September 2014
    ambassador, with these illiterate shill accounts you are really spoiling us...
  • edited September 2014
    ..do peopwow, ive just joined sky and am starting to wonder if ive joined the right sitele really act in such an immature manner over a little banter? Do people sit here playing one of lifes victims over a few type-written words? In my opinion this threads owner must have a sad life, from what ive read it wasnt even his beef and the guy it was aimed at hasnt even posted himself? lol,  Just another saddo trying to get attention. play cards, mind your own business, and if someone indeed doesnt like the banter surely its up to them to make the complaint no? too funny
    Posted by U_KNOW_ME
    Do people join just to post on a random thread?
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Abusing the 'fish' : Do people join just to post on a random thread?
    Posted by VespaPX
    My thoughts exactly.
  • edited September 2014

Multi accounting/banned-new account made still going strong then!

I think this is WORSE than slowrolls BTW.
  • edited September 2014
    Multi accounting/banned-new account made still going strong then! I think this is WORSE than slowrolls BTW.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Props for naming himself after a Stephen King character though.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Abusing the 'fish' : We have already established the difference between banter and abuse... ...welcome to the site.
    Posted by Slipwater
    +1 slipwater xxx
  • edited September 2014
    Is this for real?

Or the guy who was banned opening new accounts just to have another pop?
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Abusing the 'fish' : +1 slipwater xxx
    Posted by paige55
    and i am also sorry that i did take a swipe at you on another thread, just having a bad time at the moment,forgive me so sorry paige xxx
  • edited September 2014
    Is this for real? Or the guy who was banned opening new accounts just to have another pop?
    Posted by MrWh1te
    someone got banned??? really???? wow, who was that? let me know on the tables buddy, ill be sure to pass it on lol
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Abusing the 'fish' : and i am also sorry that i did take a swipe at you on another thread, just having a bad time at the moment,forgive me so sorry paige xxx
    Posted by paige55
    Apology not necessary, Paige - I enjoyed the confrontation ;)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Abusing the 'fish' : Apology not necessary, Paige - I enjoyed the confrontation ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    you were bullying tho slip, not the guys fault he didnt know his spellings and his grammar.....could be contrued as abuse to be fair

;)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Abusing the 'fish' : you were bullying tho slip, not the guys fault he didnt know his spellings and his grammar.....could be contrued as abuse to be fair ;)
    Posted by vinny67
    It certainly was not bullying, and he didn't see it that way either.

It was a single post, that didn't even reach the end of the line... and it was patently obvious it was not intended maliciously.

• edited September 2014
    I'm going to close this thread - debating what is and isn't banter / offensive only ever goes one way, the way which this has begun to go. If you've got a specific complaint please go down the Customer Care route.