You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Statue Quest

edited October 2014 in Poker Chat
Greetings to all who read these words,

Many of you may well know my other half THe Pudding. (Who by the way I'm very proud of for doing so well in last nights TOTP game)

Well until recently we had a god awful neighbour called, well let's call her Anita, who blasted out dance music incredibly loucly ALLLLLL day and would literally scream at the top of her lungs from around 7am until 9pm at her two children ALLLLL day.

It was flaming AWFUL !!!!

The constant shouting just drove you crazy and, well, you get the idea.
Then a holy light shone down upon us and moved her elsewhere - cue heavenly music

Then we met our new neighbour Julie who's name I write with pride for she is a delight and ...................quiet.
She has come up to see us a couple of times and spent the evening with me and Pud and the other day she even stopped for dinner which was lovely.

Aaaanyway, whilst we were chatting she ended up telling us about how she had this statue of an (And I know this will sound a little odd to some and maybe awesome to others) Alien smoking and gave us a small description of him. She said the cat she had at the time broke him and she cried for she loved that statue so and would give anything to have him back.

So after she left I did some sneaky internet searching and located what I believe to be the little fella, well I say little, he stands over a metre high, only problem is that said "little fella" comes with a price tag of £200 !!!!

OUCH !!!!!

Now I see diarys and things on here with people trying to reach financial goals and giving updates on their bankroll etc so I thought I would do the same which is almost certainly of no interest to anyone but I shall do so all the same as I wish by Christmas (I'm NOT a good player so it's going to take some time) to be able to present it to her as a gift for being both lovely and for bringing peace - sweet peace - to the neighbourhood.

So to start with I'm VERY short on cash and shall deposit £5 to see how I start.

Now question is do I go for a couple of double your money games or a cash game ?

Hmmmmmm, I'll decide later.

Anyhow, if you've read this then thanks for sticking with me and wish me luck. Updates will follow since I'll probably play a few hands later.

May the river be with you,

Mog x

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Good for you. It is always nice to see someone going out of their way to do something nice for somebody else.
    As for what to play,and not knowing your game,I would suggest dym's 50/50 chance of cashing and sometimes you do not need to play that well as other people bust themselves.
    good luck in your xmas prezzie quest
    Nick
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest:
    Good for you. It is always nice to see someone going out of their way to do something nice for somebody else. As for what to play,and not knowing your game,I would suggest dym's 50/50 chance of cashing and sometimes you do not need to play that well as other people bust themselves. good luck in your xmas prezzie quest Nick
    Posted by pompeynic
    Ah thanks ever so much Nick. I'm not in the best state but I'm going to go for a DYM now. Thanks again mate. Best wishes
  • edited September 2014
    Hi Mogweedy,Best wishes with your quest,i was on the rail last night so chatted to your other half pudding,had some fun because my husband was also in that tourny hunter1967 :):):)
  • edited September 2014
    Hi Mogweedy,Best wishes with your quest,i was on the rail last night so chatted to your other half pudding,had some fun because my husband was also in that tourny hunter1967 :):):)
    Posted by paige55
    Hi there. Yeah I sat and watched the whole thing. Was great fun. Thanks for your good wishes xxx
  • edited September 2014
    Nice gesture footsie but I'm 99% sure sky would never allow that... Money laundering, fraud etc.

nice gesture too OP, gl with the challenge, best chance is 4nl imo, would take epic volume and skill (and rungood) just to win like £10 at micro dyms, especially with the rake there and even when u win £10, having £15 will still be underrolled for everything decent so just try to spun at 4nl at least til u get £20-£30
  • edited September 2014
    Greetings one and all,

Well it has been a less than successful beginning.

I played a £3.30 DYM game and came 4th - Rats !

Then onto a cash game to try and raise enough to go for another wth my £1.70. My money went up to £3.10 at one point then down to £1.40 later on at which point feeling dejected I shoved with A 6 and was called by A J. I very luckily hit a 6 to win with a pair thus giving me enough at which point I stood most sensibly I felt.

Now I thought if I play a £2.25 DYM game and crash that will still leave me some for a cash game - Ha Ha - Tactics !!!

Nope......................Played the DYM - came 6th and had mis-calculated horribly leaving me £1.16.

Not enough to buy in !!! 

DARN NAM IT !!!

Which leaves my only option at this point a DYM at the very cheapest level and apparently I SUCK at DYM games. I need to play tighter. I'm way to loose. I'm far more Gus Hansun than Phil Helmuth Y'know ?

Although Pudding reckons she owes me £6 so there is some light at the end of the tunnel but I really don't see how I'm going to do this little quest of mine when my poker skills are so poor.

So that's the latest update and this is me feeling deflated wishing you all the very best of luck on the felt today.

May the river be with you,

Mog xxx
  • edited September 2014
    Hello Mogweedy, Hope you & The Pudd are enjoying the peace and quiet now. This sounds like a very nice gesture on your part and I am sure this will be achieved with a little nudge in the right direction...So I got to thinking! And what better than to do a Mogweedy Alien challenge I will start this off with a Donation of £10.....The rules are simples...... Peeps who would like to help this good cause can respond within this thread with  USERNAME DONATION X ....X = £?     RULES= once the thread generates £210 (rake consideration Mogweedy) then no more Donations will apply. At an arranged time... Mogweedy can sit at a Heads up Sit n Go  and the donation can be applied to the fund via the Donator sitting Away for the full duration of the Sit n Go. I am sure with the help of this Excellent community this will be achievable. Footsie66 = Donation £10
    Posted by footsie66
    WOW Footsie!!!!!!!!

Your so LOVELY !!!

Thank you so much for trying to do that. I just posted before reading what you wrote. It is so incredibly sweet, generous, kind and wonderful of you to even think let alone actually post such a thing. And only the other day you were so lovely to my Pudding. 

You my dear are an angel and I thank you from the bottom of my little heart,

Hugs from the Mog
  • edited September 2014
    Nice gesture footsie but I'm 99% sure sky would never allow that... Money laundering, fraud etc. nice gesture too OP, gl with the challenge, best chance is 4nl imo, would take epic volume and skill (and rungood) just to win like £10 at micro dyms, especially with the rake there and even when u win £10, having £15 will still be underrolled for everything decent so just try to spun at 4nl at least til u get £20-£30
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi there, just wanted to say thank you for your advice and support. 
    I really appreciate it mate.
    Best wishes, Mog.
  • edited September 2014
    Hello Mogweedy, Hope you & The Pudd are enjoying the peace and quiet now. This sounds like a very nice gesture on your part and I am sure this will be achieved with a little nudge in the right direction...So I got to thinking! And what better than to do a Mogweedy Alien challenge I will start this off with a Donation of £10.....The rules are simples...... Peeps who would like to help this good cause can respond within this thread with  USERNAME DONATION X ....X = £?     RULES= once the thread generates £210 (rake consideration Mogweedy) then no more Donations will apply. At an arranged time... Mogweedy can sit at a Heads up Sit n Go  and the donation can be applied to the fund via the Donator sitting Away for the full duration of the Sit n Go. I am sure with the help of this Excellent community this will be achievable. Footsie66 = Donation £10
    Posted by footsie66

Sky will not allow this as it breaks a load of rules, it would br great if we had a way to transfer money on this site but unfortunately we dont, if you want to transfer money with someone i would suggest PMing them and arranging a bank transfer... But dont ever chip dump or try and transfer money trough Sngs or cash games as that could end bad for both of you!
  • edited September 2014
    Plus all this support is also so special because Julie is such a wonderful lady.

She has moved from London to be with her Granddaughter and help provide child care for her and thus had to leave the job she's had 25 years to do so and was on job seekers.

But big congrats she managed to get a small cleaning job yesterday! 

YAY !!!!

If she knew how kind you people were being she would cry - Especially you Footsie - Your Amazing xxx
  • edited September 2014
    hi folks.

i dont really know any of you but i was just having a read. Sounds like an excellent reason to raise some pennies and a nice break from people chucking stuff over there heads.

ill chuck in a tenner from my home cash game winnings last night, happy to paypal it over whenever youve got the full amount together mogweedy just drop us a pm.

obviously.....this is no excuse not to be rattling off the DYMs though haha ;)

good luck 

• edited September 2014
    hi folks. i dont really know any of you but i was just having a read. Sounds like an excellent reason to raise some pennies and a nice break from people chucking stuff over there heads. ill chuck in a tenner from my home cash game winnings last night, happy to paypal it over whenever youve got the full amount together mogweedy just drop us a pm. obviously.....this is no excuse not to be rattling off the DYMs though haha ;) good luck 
    Posted by LancyAA
    Hi there,

That is so unbelievably kind and generous of you !!!

I've no idea how we would make that work but it's AWESOME of you !

I cannot thank you enough - truly - thank you

In your debt,

Mog.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest : Very generous Sir.... That's £20 and counting ............Dig deep Guy`s  We can PayPal as a Gift when the £200 quota is reached via arranged PM. The Truth is out there We just got to give this a little help. footsie66   £10 PayPal LancyAA    £10 PayPal £180 needed
    Posted by footsie66
    Bless you Footsie !

Don't know how we would make a Paypal thing work though but it's so lovely that your doing this. 
    You are just the nicest person and I'll let you know when the images have been approved if that's our lil buddy

With such gratitude,

Mog xxx
  • edited September 2014
    Hello you lovely people !

Well it's time to pop another fiver from my pitiful bank account on here and go another round on a £3.30 DYM game.
    Must play tighter this time.

Pudding has gone out to visit a friend tonight so no support - just little ol me -

Wish me luck

Mog x
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest:
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest : Good cause and it`s donation so maybe Sky will allow this.?  Hope so.
    Posted by footsie66
    Is it really a good cause? It's a statue of a smoking alien, hardly wateraid is it !  :/

Still, best of luck mogweedy, I hope you win enough to reach your target.  
  • edited September 2014
    I am struggling to find anything redeeming about this thread, and it is wrong on a number of levels.  Personally, I think Skypoker should delete the thread.

It is one thing for a player to set a challenge to increase their bankroll by whatever multiple.  However this is not the case. Players are now being asked to donate ten pounds so that Mogweedy can give a neighbour a present of a statue apparently of an alien smoking a cigarette.  

What then, I ask, has this neighbour done to deserve such generosity of spirit from skypoker players?  Has she worked tirelessy for charity or a good cause?  Actually no, she has merely proved to be a better neighbour for Mogweedy by behaving normally ie not screaming, shouting and playing loud music at all times and has now decided that it would be better for her to give up a main job to claim jobseekers allowance to help looking after her daughter s family.

If Mogweedy who can apparently barely string one pound seventeen pence together wants to try and win two hundred pounds to give to her new neighbour it would have nothing to do with me.

However, this is not the case.  Thirty per cent of us will die of some form of cancer, and twenty five per cent of us will die of some form of heart disease.  Meanwhile ordinary families up and down the country are having to rely upon foodbanks to survive.

If any player wants to contribute ten pounds to allow Mogweedy to buy a statue glorifiying smoking which is undoubtedly a habit which kills many. then fair enough.

However, if any player has ten pounds to spare, then I would urge those players to donate to a worthwile charity of which there are many.  Cancer Research Fund, British Heart Foundation, Macmillan Care, NSPCC to name but a few.

• edited September 2014
    I am struggling to find anything redeeming about this thread, and it is wrong on a number of levels.  Personally, I think Skypoker should delete the thread. It is one thing for a player to set a challenge to increase their bankroll by whatever multiple.  However this is not the case. Players are now being asked to donate ten pounds so that Mogweedy can give a neighbour a present of a statue apparently of an alien smoking a cigarette.   What then, I ask, has this neighbour done to deserve such generosity of spirit from skypoker players?  Has she worked tirelessy for charity or a good cause?  Actually no, she has merely proved to be a better neighbour for Mogweedy by behaving normally ie not screaming, shouting and playing loud music at all times and has now decided that it would be better for her to give up a main job to claim jobseekers allowance to help looking after her daughter s family. If Mogweedy who can apparently barely string one pound seventeen pence together wants to try and win two hundred pounds to give to her new neighbour it would have nothing to do with me. However, this is not the case.  Thirty per cent of us will die of some form of cancer, and twenty five per cent of us will die of some form of heart disease.  Meanwhile ordinary families up and down the country are having to rely upon foodbanks to survive. If any player wants to contribute ten pounds to allow Mogweedy to buy a statue glorifiying smoking which is undoubtedly a habit which kills many. then fair enough. However, if any player has ten pounds to spare, then I would urge those players to donate to a worthwile charity of which there are many.  Cancer Research Fund, British Heart Foundation, Macmillan Care, NSPCC to name but a few.
    Posted by tsarina
    Hi there and thank you for your candid post.

I have not at any point asked anybody to donate any money to my cause. All I did was start a little diary of my quest to try and raise the money for a very lovely lady who has improved the quality of my life immeasurably.

I thought it might be a fun thing for people to read my adventures and mostly failings in this endevor. 

I am truly sorry it has caused you such offence. Had I known that my cause would prove to be upsetting to anyone then I would never have started my little thread.
    Anyone who knows me will tell you that I go out of my way NOT to upset people in ANY way at all.

As a sufferer of various mental health problems (The shouting and dance music stopping - hence helping no end) I was mortified to read your post just now and I humbly apologise for any upset caused.

Please accept my sincere apologies and if you wish to make any kind of complaint to sky then of course feel free I will bear you no ill will or resentment.

It was just supposed to be a bit of fun for people to read. 

I simply did not realize just what wonderful giving people the Sky poker community is.

Kind regards and an apologetic hug,

Mog xxx
  • edited September 2014
    It was bound to come I guess. I hope I have not detracted away from this goal in some way.. Time will tell I guess. I support many good cause`s as will other`s .... So little point in negative deviation I feel. Mog  YOU CERTAINLY DO NOT NEED TO APOLIGIES TO ANYONE. Let`s hope this post stays on track after this minor Hiccup.
    Posted by footsie66
    Ah thanks for the kind words Footsie xxx

You really are an angel,

Biggeset of hugs,

Mog xxx
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest : Can you read? You clearly do not want to help...So why have you posted ??   I have also reported your post for it`s personal attack on this good cause.
    Posted by footsie66
    I doubt whether many players on this site would think that begging for money to enable mogweedy to buy his newly found neighbour a one metre high statue of a cigarette smoking alien to be a good cause.  

There are many good causes in this world and this, I am afraid, is not by any stretch of the imagination one of them.

However, I have now doubled my monthly direct debit to the Cancer Research Fund, as I believe that to be a good cause.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest : I doubt whether many players on this site would think that begging for money to enable mogweedy to buy his newly found neighbour a one metre high statue of a cigarette smoking alien to be a good cause.   There are many good causes in this world and this, I am afraid, is not by any stretch of the imagination one of them. However, I have now doubled my monthly direct debit to the Cancer Research Fund, as I believe that to be a good cause.
    Posted by tsarina
    To be honest, tsarina, it is not up to you to decide what is and is not a good cause.

I don't agree with donations being made by members of the forum either, but I ain't about to tell them how to spend their money. We don't need to be told cancer research is a worthy cause.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest : To be honest, tsarina, it is not up to you to decide what is and is not a good cause. I don't agree with donations being made by members of the forum either, but I ain't about to tell them how to spend their money. We don't need to be told cancer research is a worthy cause.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Hi Slipwater, I think that is exactly the point I am making.  They can spend their money on whatever they choose.  I dont care what they do with their money.  However, as you have correctly identified, they are not spending their money -au contraire they are asking for money from players to spend on what they think to be a good cause.  It is simply not appropriate for a poker forum.
  • edited September 2014
    Well you've mentioned Cancer Research in two posts in this thread, so we're kind of splitting hairs here...

Like I indicated, I don't agree with footsie's suggestions, but you banging the cancer drum borders on an unjustified guilt trip.
  • edited September 2014
    I got an email from a very polite Nigerian prince the other day.  His bank is messing him around so I'm going to help him out short-term.

Anyway, back on topic, this is a spin-up challenge right?  Opening balance £5, day 1 closing balance £1.16?

Think it's wp thread gg, whatever happens.
  • edited September 2014
    Well you've mentioned Cancer Research in two posts in this thread, so we're kind of splitting hairs here... Like I indicated, I don't agree with footsie's suggestions, but you banging the cancer drum borders on an unjustified guilt trip.
    Posted by Slipwater

Hi Slipwater,  I think we are pretty much in total agreement about this whole thing.  In fairness, I mentioned several charities in my earlier post.  

However, I am glad we agree that begging or asking for donations on a poker forum is entirely inappropriate..  Hope you are well and good luck on the tables
  • edited September 2014
    I have several issues with Tsarina's inital reply on Mog's thread. It is offensive on more levels than the post to which it is referring. 

'Personally, I think Skypoker should delete the thread.' This is your opinion it counts for, you and you alone. 

'She has merely proved to be a better neighbour for Mogweedy by behaving normally ie not screaming, shouting and playing loud music at all times ' - Have you Tsarina ever been depressed, have you ever had awful neighbours? If the answer is no to either you are totally unqualified to share an opinion on the matter. Further more, it shows your ignorance toward mental illness and those who ail from the various afflictions that the mind can suffer. Treating the affect she has had with such dismissiveness, shame on you!

'Has now decided that it would be better for her to give up a main job to claim jobseekers allowance to help looking after her daughter s family' At no point do you ask the question why our new neighbour has moved away from her home of 30 years in order to start a whole new life, away from her life long friends, Mother and Grandmother in order to help her own daughter. I will take a wild guess and say you would think it irrelevant. Well, it is very relevant. As for claiming JSA - how dare you make this assumption. Our neighbour moved in 4 weeks ago and has already found employment. To her credit she has worked all her adult life, paid her taxes and she is to be judged, by you, for asking for a little assistance whilst she adjusts. Goodness me what a mighty high pedestal you must stand on in order to look down on others and spit out your judgements.

'If Mogweedy who can apparently barely string one pound seventeen pence together' HOW DARE YOU!!! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?
    Mog never claimed to be a pro, he is an amateur and a new player at that. Did you know this? No, why not, because you are commenting on a thread which you haven't even read properly but simply spouting your self righteous claptrap. As you say 'it would have nothing to do with me' You have said it yourself, it has nothing to do with you. Nothing, nada, zip. Please remind yourself of this fact when you are posting a reply on a thread that you disagree with. Do not flatter yourself with self-importance you are nobody just like the rest of us within this annonymous community.

'Meanwhile ordinary families up and down the country are having to rely upon foodbanks to survive' Before using the less fortunate as a whipping post be sure to know what you are talking about first. Do you ever donate food? Do you even know the families to which you are referring?

'Statue glorifying smoking' - Seriously! Glorifying Smoking? Are we not all over 18, do we not all have the freedom of will and mind? Assuming that the Community is over 18 and within their right mind, how can a resin figure glorify smoking? It makes no sense, we are not children and we sure as hell do not need to be babysat. Jesus Christ woman get a grip!

You may have found the thread offensive; I find your attitude, general posting disposition (and I have looked at what you have posted on other threads also), lack of manners and churlish behaviour offensive. 

In true playground style I expect you to tell SKY that the big bad Pudding has retorted and perhaps ruffled the feathers that are so neatly preened upon afore mentioned pedestal. 

Do you find any happiness in anything? 

Mog is trying to repay a kindness to our neighbour for being, as you say, normal. It is a kindness that 99% of people could have given, but Julie is special. And her presence has in-fact improved the quality of life for just more than Mog. There are a number of neighbours who have endured the relentless anti-social behaviour that came from the previous tenant, it is Mog who wishes to give Julie a present that represents his gratitude. 

I will however concur that suggesting a chip dump would raise an eyebrow, and I will further concur that asking for donations toward the gift, despite being suggested in good and kind faith, may have come across as a potential Scam. I have had some lovely interactions with Footsie, she is a kind and lovely being and would not wish to offend or beg. I dare say it seemed like a good idea at the time. 

In the event this thread is removed and you have not had a chance to acknowledge, I will ensure you get this message personally in your message box. 

Tsarina, in future before running off your opinions on a public thread, perhaps send the postee a message and make a case. The postee can then take action themselves in order to ensure no further offense is caused. 

By posting your thoughts you have shown your colours and they are not pretty. I pity you but bear you no ill will. Run well and have fun. But think before you type, and for goodness sake show some decorum and respect for the community. We are not morons. 

I am sure you have other posts to complain about, or perhaps a neighbour to berate for having grass a mm too long - and honestly this is how petty you come across. 

I'll leave it there - if you have anything further to say I would strongly suggest you contact me personally. Any post you put on here will be deleted and ignored, it would do nothing to improve this thread.

I look forward to hearing from you, as I am sure you will have lots to say to me. 

Pudd x 

• edited September 2014
    In response to Pudding who is the partner of Mogweedy,-

I stand by all my earlier posts in relation to this.  If a player wants to set a personal challenge to increase their bankroll, there is no objection to their posting up the challenge.  Any player is entitled to do what they wish with their winnings.

However, the poker forum should not be used to ask for donations, and nor should it be used to encourage other players to be complicit in a flagrant violation of sky poker rules.

None of the other comments by Pudding have any relevance to these issues.

I have no intention of contacting you personally as you suggest.  I have said all that needs to be said about this matter, and nor do I wish you to bombard my inbox with further communications.

• edited September 2014
    Woaaaaah why so serious folks!!!

i think we should all pass round whatever the alien is smoking (im only glorifying off world smoking in a vacuum here)

I have a 15 year background in working in charity and been everything from a ground floor volunteer to eventually a CEO and sometimes i just wake up and fancy making someone smile for very little reason however i would be careful when beginning to asume that national charities with slick marketing campaigns are somehow 'better' than any kind of grass roots fundraising.

Many of these charities have expensive offices, well paid staff with expenses and others do research into products on behalf of pharmacutical firms.

Whilst i really have no right to tell you if these types of cause are any more or less important than the guy on the corner who lives in a box, or the old lady who needs a friendly hello or someone whos life would be improved by a daft smoking alien at least i know 100% of my money is going to brighten up someones day.

Keep supporting all your causes folks but please try not to belittle others for their views on what they consider helping. 

Have a lovely day all. Ste

• edited September 2014
    A yawnsome post from tsarina, I dare say she will be ignored. I have made my own complaint to SKY regarding this particular community member.  Poison posters do well to stay schtum. 

I am amused mostly by footsie, who has come out like a Mexican  from the alamo all guns blazing. I love tenacity in a woman so very endearing don't you think. 

Thank you footsie for your support as always. You really are the nuts!!!!

Pudd ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
  • edited September 2014
    Woaaaaah why so serious folks!!! i think we should all pass round whatever the alien is smoking (im only glorifying off world smoking in a vacuum here) I have a 15 year background in working in charity and been everything from a ground floor volunteer to eventually a CEO and sometimes i just wake up and fancy making someone smile for very little reason however i would be careful when beginning to asume that national charities with slick marketing campaigns are somehow 'better' than any kind of grass roots fundraising. Many of these charities have expensive offices, well paid staff with expenses and others do research into products on behalf of pharmacutical firms. Whilst i really have no right to tell you if these types of cause are any more or less important than the guy on the corner who lives in a box, or the old lady who needs a friendly hello or someone whos life would be improved by a daft smoking alien at least i know 100% of my money is going to brighten up someones day. Keep supporting all your causes folks but please try not to belittle others for their views on what they consider helping.  Have a lovely day all. Ste
    Posted by LancyAA
    That, Mr Lancy, is a tremendously well balanced Post.
  • edited September 2014
    I am struggling to find anything redeeming about this thread, and it is wrong on a number of levels.  Personally, I think Skypoker should delete the thread. It is one thing for a player to set a challenge to increase their bankroll by whatever multiple.  However this is not the case. Players are now being asked to donate ten pounds so that Mogweedy can give a neighbour a present of a statue apparently of an alien smoking a cigarette.   What then, I ask, has this neighbour done to deserve such generosity of spirit from skypoker players?  Has she worked tirelessy for charity or a good cause?  Actually no, she has merely proved to be a better neighbour for Mogweedy by behaving normally ie not screaming, shouting and playing loud music at all times and has now decided that it would be better for her to give up a main job to claim jobseekers allowance to help looking after her daughter s family. If Mogweedy who can apparently barely string one pound seventeen pence together wants to try and win two hundred pounds to give to her new neighbour it would have nothing to do with me. However, this is not the case.  Thirty per cent of us will die of some form of cancer, and twenty five per cent of us will die of some form of heart disease.  Meanwhile ordinary families up and down the country are having to rely upon foodbanks to survive. If any player wants to contribute ten pounds to allow Mogweedy to buy a statue glorifiying smoking which is undoubtedly a habit which kills many. then fair enough. However, if any player has ten pounds to spare, then I would urge those players to donate to a worthwile charity of which there are many.  Cancer Research Fund, British Heart Foundation, Macmillan Care, NSPCC to name but a few.
    Posted by tsarina
    Morning tsarina.

It's clear you feel passionate about, which is a good thing, but I hope Sky Poker do not feel the need to close the thread.

The OP did not at any stage ask or seek donations, there was no "begging", someone - with good intent - just suggested it, & others decided, of their own volition, to support it.

It just seems like people being decent, to me. I totally get your point, but grown ups have the right to spend their money as they see fit, surely? 

It's just people being - a word that is so out of fashion these days - nice.

The suggestion to "dump" the donation via a HU Table was improper, but that has been accepted, & the method changed now.

Every single contributor to this thread is a decent person, they just see things a little differently to you, but I don't think we ought to be falling out because people want to help, or be kind.

Personally, in my list of priorities, I won't be donating, but I see nothing wrong with others doing so if they see fit. Equally, anyone who donates to Cancer Research should not be criticised. 

Can't be a bad thing, I suppose, to have so many kind & well-intentioned folks (you included),  its quite unusual to see on a poker forum.