You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Statue Quest

124»

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Can people not spot a good cause when they see one?  I would like to donate towards Tsarina's tiara.

For the avoidance of doubt then, a woman moved in and came round chatting and the conversation moved onto a small alien figurine which her cat had broken some time ago. She was obviously upset that it had broken, as apparently it's still relevant some time later, and we're told she cried over it. It's not clear whether she killed the cat.

So to replace this small figurine, the Sky Poker community is going to club together to by a 4 foot alien statue, which may or may not be given to the woman at Christmas.

You've had your TOTP nomination, might want to just leave it there?  Congrats to ThePudding for her nomination last month btw, sounds like she had fun.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest:
    Can people not spot a good cause when they see one?  I would like to donate towards Tsarina's tiara. For the avoidance of doubt then, a woman moved in and came round chatting and the conversation moved onto a small alien figurine which her cat had broken some time ago. She was obviously upset that it had broken, as apparently it's still relevant some time later, and we're told she cried over it. It's not clear whether she killed the cat. So to replace this small figurine, the Sky Poker community is going to club together to by a 4 foot alien statue, which may or may not be given to the woman at Christmas. You've had your TOTP nomination, might want to just leave it there?  Congrats to ThePudding for her nomination last month btw, sounds like she had fun.
    Posted by bbMike
    Game, set and match bbMike.
  • edited September 2014
    OP should just start a new thread IMO purely for what this thread was started for (a place to track/update progress as they try to spin up to £200) cos this one is a mess.

Think the initial offer from footsie was a nice gesture but probably best to not 1) encourage other people to donate to a stranger to buy a present for a different stranger and 2) not to push it do hard. 

Personally I don't think its that great a cause and I'm a cynical person at the best of times but everyone can do what they like. It will prob also detract from the feeling of pride of doing it. Being able to say you spun up the £200 and bought your neighbour something will be a personal achievement and shows you've put the effort in which I assume you want to for your neighbour, rather than just being given the money. Best of luck spinning it up.

P.S. £20 for tsarina if I can borrow the tiara on Tuesdays ;)
  • edited September 2014
    OP should just start a new thread IMO purely for what this thread was started for (a place to track/update progress as they try to spin up to £200) cos this one is a mess. Think the initial offer from footsie was a nice gesture but probably best to not 1) encourage other people to donate to a stranger to buy a present for a different stranger and 2) not to push it do hard.  Personally I don't think its that great a cause and I'm a cynical person at the best of times but everyone can do what they like. It will prob also detract from the feeling of pride of doing it. Being able to say you spun up the £200 and bought your neighbour something will be a personal achievement and shows you've put the effort in which I assume you want to for your neighbour, rather than just being given the money. Best of luck spinning it up. P.S. £20 for tsarina if I can borrow the tiara on Tuesdays ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    That's assuming the neighbour exists?
  • edited September 2014
    For the avoidance of any doubt by my fellow members of the community, you are being asked by footsie and mogweedy to give a donation for this  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alien-Encounter-w-Cigar-Standing-Lifesize-Sci-Fi-Props-Advert-Space-Events-UFO/321455997565?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc4510&rt=nc Mogweedy would like to give this as a Christmas gift for his neighbour.  
    Posted by tsarina
    For the avoidance of any doubt, I believe you are wrong.

Mogweedy has not asked for any donations.
  • edited September 2014

I'm pretty sure I've lost track of who's giving what to whom, how and why; but this thread is definitely reaching epic status.

That's mainly for Doh's BBT shamy link obv.
  • edited September 2014
    Perhaps Larson and I should start our 24 hour pokerthon thread again...
  • edited September 2014
    Hi,

I am sorry that this thread has attracted such doubt and occasional negativity.

I began simply with a little diary of my immeasurable failings because I felt it would amuse the community.

I did not expect the support and kindness I got and I did not expect the opposite either.

If I have caused any offence to any of you -  I truly apologise.

For the record - I am not a nigerian prince, Julie is a real person - in fact today is her birthday and we bought her a book which she was most pleased with - I am not after any of you good people's money and the fact that some of you have offered to donate some toward my cause is so very kind and so very lovely and I thank you sincerely.

All I wanted to do, since I don't have much money, is try and win some on the felt to help out with buying something that will be such a wonderful surprise for somebody who has made such a difference to my life and is truly lovely.

That's it, simple.

I wish everyone would just settle down and be nice.

It seems so controversial so don't donate okay.

I have never asked anyone to anyway but am more than, more than grateful to those who have - unless of course they wish to now withdraw since this whole thread seems to have blown up.

Please let's all just get along.

If I annoy you - don't read my thread - simple.

If you want to disbelieve me or think I'm wasting my time or any such thing then that's cool but just leave those thoughts in you head please, please.

I'm a very sensitive person and the way this has all gone has hurt me.

I ask you kindly and nicely - please be pleasant.

I'll leave you now.

A very dejected Mog xxx
  • edited October 2014

so what happened?

where did the money go?  where did the three or four central figures go?

now with hindsight, would you donate?

• edited October 2014
    Alien abduction
  • edited October 2014
    Hello to the two who have posted,

Thank you for picking up my thread again, that's very nice of you.

Well after Tsarina (Who has now been completely removed from this) began to mock the very existance of my little diary I just stopped posting how games were going etc. The whole thing just blew up with people saying alll sorts and some even doubting the genuine nature of what I was doing. In the end I simply wrote an apology and gave up.

Footsie had reasons for leaving the thread and those posts have also been removed but so kindly donated me £20 which is tucked safely in an online savings account.

I have not messaged the other two who offered to donate to say "Can I still have some money please ?". All seems a bit wrong to do so I think.

In the end I have decided to buy the sitting down alien (Who I think is nicer anyway and Julie never said anything about having a nigh on 4ft statue so .....) who retails for an affordable £90. There Footsie's £20 goes a looong way which is awesome and I'm VERY grateful.

I've been trying to save what and where I can and hope (Hope he says) to buy the lil fella around the start of November all things willing. (Y'know just in case they have a run on them at Christmas - get in there early)

I've not played much poker on here. I was left terribly dejected by the way my little diary went. (It was just supposed to be a bit of fun for people to read !!!) If you notice even Pudding hasn't posted in a long time, I think the whole thing upset her too.

Just so you all know though............................

I did actually win a DYM game (Believe it or not) !!!!!!!!!!!

So that's where we're at guys. Thanks for expressing an interest in my thread, which I believed long dead and I hope you are well and that the tables are treating you kindly,

May the river be with you,

Mog x
  • edited October 2014
    best wishes mog & pud x
  • edited October 2014
    best wishes mog & pud x
    Posted by TENTENTEN
    Ah thanks Ten,

That's really nice of you. Hope your doing well these days. As I said we've not been on here at all really, especially Pudd.
    All I did was start a simple diary that just BLEW up. I'm not amused by certain people but there you go. Not everyone can be as awesome as you now can they ?

Your a star mate and we always always appreciate your friendship and support.

Best wishes now and always,

Mog
  • edited October 2014
    Hi glad to see you are well and back on the tables,good luck with your intended spin up for whatever reason you choose.i have been following your thread with interest and would like to give you my " wisdom" ( that is the way of the world these days it seems) 

Please try to take on board the fact that everyone is an individual and see things in different ways,I have struggled with that concept for most of my life,you know the feeling " how can they possibly think that or say that to me" nobody can read any bodies mind and nobody can predict what a person is going to say or what a persons intentions are, be it a gesture of goodwill or ill.

Unfortunately we live in cynical times albeit with perhaps good reason as there have been many reported instances of people trying and succeeding in getting one over on the populace, some reported instances leave a very nasty taste in the mouth,you know the ones,like the little old lady scammed out of her life savings by the chap who knocks on the door or rings her up with a story of whatever. Now I am not for one moment saying that is what is intended by yourself,I am just trying to point out how difficult it is to get a genuine message across in these times.

I myself have a thread on the rail which could be construed in a different way to intended,that's just how it is.
    I shall leave it there,once again good luck in poker and in life.
  • edited October 2014
    Hi glad to see you are well and back on the tables,good luck with your intended spin up for whatever reason you choose.i have been following your thread with interest and would like to give you my " wisdom" ( that is the way of the world these days it seems)  Please try to take on board the fact that everyone is an individual and see things in different ways,I have struggled with that concept for most of my life,you know the feeling " how can they possibly think that or say that to me" nobody can read any bodies mind and nobody can predict what a person is going to say or what a persons intentions are, be it a gesture of goodwill or ill. Unfortunately we live in cynical times albeit with perhaps good reason as there have been many reported instances of people trying and succeeding in getting one over on the populace, some reported instances leave a very nasty taste in the mouth,you know the ones,like the little old lady scammed out of her life savings by the chap who knocks on the door or rings her up with a story of whatever. Now I am not for one moment saying that is what is intended by yourself,I am just trying to point out how difficult it is to get a genuine message across in these times. I myself have a thread on the rail which could be construed in a different way to intended,that's just how it is. I shall leave it there,once again good luck in poker and in life.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for your wise words and how right you are.
    My trouble is I take everything to heart - I just can't help it. 
    But we do indeed live in cynical times. The sheer level of security it takes just to log on to your internet banking or the instant doubt you feel to believe the guy that rings up out of the blue and says he's from Barclays can he have your details please is proof enough that there is a serious lack of basic trust in this world, and all because of the few that break the rules and do scam the little old lady out of all her money.

It's all so terribly sad that we've created this world for ourselves. 

I saw a photo on Facebook the other day of a security camera fitted to someones house watching those that pass - That persons house - George Orwell

Nuff said

Thanks for the post and the good wishes Tom, means a lot to me, I really appreciate it.

I too wish you the very best in life (And on the tables naturally)

Mog

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest : Hi Tom, Thank you so much for your wise words and how right you are. My trouble is I take everything to heart - I just can't help it.  But we do indeed live in cynical times. The sheer level of security it takes just to log on to your internet banking or the instant doubt you feel to believe the guy that rings up out of the blue and says he's from Barclays can he have your details please is proof enough that there is a serious lack of basic trust in this world, and all because of the few that break the rules and do scam the little old lady out of all her money. It's all so terribly sad that we've created this world for ourselves.  I saw a photo on Facebook the other day of a security camera fitted to someones house watching those that pass - That persons house - George Orwell Nuff said Thanks for the post and the good wishes Tom, means a lot to me, I really appreciate it. I too wish you the very best in life (And on the tables naturally) Mog
    Posted by Mogweedy
    Just to say that photo of George Orwells house and the camera is a fake, just like 99% of the sttuff that circulates on Facebook.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest : Just to say that photo of George Orwells house and the camera is a fake, just like 99% of the sttuff that circulates on Facebook.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Hi there,

Is it really ?

Why do people bother doing that rubbish ?

Sad existance for some isn't it ?

Thanks for the post and the info - I'll not be so quick to believe what I see now !

Mog