You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Statue Quest

Comments

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest:
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest : Hi footsie, put me in for £10 via PayPal, but will have to be end of month if that's okay. Gl in your quest moggie :)
    Posted by Ikelly
    Dearest IKELLY,

THANK YOU !

Thank you so much. That's just wonderful of you and I'm incredibly grateful.

In your debt and with a big hug,

Moggy xxx
  • edited September 2014
    I was talking to a chum this morning over a coffee, and she put me on to Annie Doran.  It struck me that Julie may prefer a more inter active alien as opposed to merely ornamental.  Hours of endless fun and multi functional. I think Annie would be quite open to reasonable offers. -   http://www.anniedoran.com/blog/giant-hibernating-alien-puppet-nears-completion
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Statue Quest:
    Aaaanyway, whilst we were chatting she ended up telling us about how she had this statue of an (And I know this will sound a little odd to some and maybe awesome to others) Alien smoking and gave us a small description of him. She said the cat she had at the time broke him and she cried for she loved that statue so and would give anything to have him back. So after she left I did some sneaky internet searching and located what I believe to be the little fella, well I say little, he stands over a metre high, only problem is that said "little fella" comes with a price tag of £200 !!!! OUCH !!!!!
    Posted by Mogweedy
    Just re-read, so it was the 4 foot version! What cat did she have? Was it a Bengal tiger?

What happened to said cat? Hope it wasn't abducted in an extraterrestrial revenge attack.
  • edited September 2014
    I prefer the one of the alien sitting down, are we sure we've got the right one? Rather than get a maquette, what about this 4-foot version?  Sure Julie will love it!  What's more it is far less likely to get broken by a cat. http://www.allclassics.com/fiberglass/alien-encounter-smoking-cigar It's in the sale too!  Was $449 now only $199, value!
    Posted by bbMike
    Wow !!!

4ft is quite something indeed. Thanks for doing some looking, that's really nice of you.
    I think we'll stick to the size she had though just in case a huge version may require some space, like it's own corner or something. It's a cracking idea though to go BOOM ! he's back and he's been of the vitamins.

Thanks for the post bb,

Best wishes to you and good luck on the felt !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mog.
  • edited September 2014
    Perhaps Julie would prefer one of these ? ;-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Hi,

Wow that's one impressive statue. Not sure about it for Julie but Pudding says she'd love one - Not that it would fit in our tiny flat. That thing would need it's own bedroom !!

Thanks for the suggestion, and my very, very best to you,

Mog
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Statue Quest : Just re-read, so it was the 4 foot version! What cat did she have? Was it a Bengal tiger? What happened to said cat? Hope it wasn't abducted in an extraterrestrial revenge attack.
    Posted by bbMike
    Hi there,

Thanks for your posts. I did reply to one just now but don't know if you've read it.
    She had the 1. something metre guy I believe. Not the huge 4 footer.

Said cat has passed and gone to moggy heaven I believe. At least she no longer has said cat so I guess the furry fiend left this earth - possible abduction though ? 

You maybe right............................

Cats beware

Mog
  • edited September 2014
    I was talking to a chum this morning over a coffee, and she put me on to Annie Doran.  It struck me that Julie may prefer a more inter active alien as opposed to merely ornamental.  Hours of endless fun and multi functional. I think Annie would be quite open to reasonable offers. -    http://www.anniedoran.com/blog/giant-hibernating-alien-puppet-nears-completion
    Posted by tsarina
    Hi and wow !

Thanks so much for that xxx

I had a good look and all looks great but I'm firmly going to stick with the lil fella she had since she sais she said she would give anything to have him back. So I think it should be "Him".

But that's so lovely and thoughtful of you. Thanks.

Did you read my reply to your post ?
    Hope so.

Best wishes and many thanks,

Mog xxx

• edited September 2014
    Just in case you're not sure on the metric/imperial conversions "just over a metre high" is about 4 foot.
  • edited September 2014
    Just in case you're not sure on the metric/imperial conversions "just over a metre high" is about 4 foot.
    Posted by bbMike
    Lol I was gonna point this out
  • edited September 2014
    Posted by bbMike
    LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW DUMB AM I ?

Do I need to write anything else ?

Think I've said it all.

Thanks guys,

Stoopid Mog.
  • edited September 2014
    After a slight hiccup in communication error within this thread .I will now personally give  another Donation to ???? Anyone Guess? A very brief background. Around 8 years ago ...My world was going very nice.......I had a beautiful Girl .. 2 Amazing children. My Mam passed away and my world fell apart ...She died from a terrible disease, and It really did rip my heart and soul from me. I will not go into details.....But the pain was unbearable.... I have slowly tried to cope in the last few years , But still I am haunted by this ...it will never really leave me I guess. I don`t have XXXXXXX amount of money to throw around willy nilly But I do try and help whenever I feel it may bring good to this world. My life now is much happier... I have been with my Lady for over 25yrs now and she has supported me , through thick and thin and in the last few years  I am just starting to find my Soul again, I always support this charity. A donation is now going to with the hope that one day... A cure may hopefully be found for this terrible disease.  A  donation will now be personally hand delivered to One of my favourite charity organisation. CANCER RESEARCH . Thank you everyone for continuing to support this good cause The Truth is out there Read more on Mog`s Quest   HERE just got to give this a little help. footsie66   £20 PayPal   Statuesque Gift LancyAA    £10 PayPal   Statuesque Gift Ikelly         £10 PayPal   Statuesque Gift £160 needed
    Posted by footsie66
    Oh thank god you read my post.
    I'm so sorry.
    Please check your inbox and read your messages and thank you for lending your support once more.

Thank you so much

Moggy x
  • edited September 2014
    I received a response back from the eBay seller of the Statuesque (Thanks T) Dear Kevin, Thanks. We can offer a discount of 10% + 3.75%, which are the online fees, = £142 which is £118 + VAT. £118 is the amount we'll get after paying £24 to HMRC. Delivery is safest by UK Pallets at their charge cost which is likely to be about £48 + VAT depending on your postcode. Supplying a pallet, strapping, etc will be FOC. We'll also send by Parcelforce/Interparcel at your risk. You're welcome to collect from us FOC or arrange a Courier/collection. We're members of, and support, Progress Prostate, and Tenovus, Charities. Thanks & All The Best, Cecelia. So it looks like around £200 mark with shipping Still not a Great discount and I was hoping for a little better. Mog has stated the same item is available for £199 this also includes free delivery amazon I hope that the  amazon seller may offer this at a discount and hope an email will reduced the price further. (Aliens long fingers crossed) There really must be a timescale for Mog to decide weather or not too proceed with the purchase as it is a Christmas present for the lady  and time will be of the essence (delivery deadlines, postage volume)...So if this thread reached maturity or not . He can then decide if he is going to buy (with the current funds in the donation quota when time is near) So we can make arrangements for the donations to passed on to him. The Truth is out there Read more on Mog`s Quest   HERE just got to give this a little help. footsie66   £20 PayPal   Statuesque Gift LancyAA    £10 PayPal   Statuesque Gift Ikelly         £10 PayPal   Statuesque Gift £160 needed
    Posted by footsie66
    Hey Footsie,

Thanks so much for that.
    I will go ahead with the purchase. I'm determined to save and save whether I manage to make any money on the felt or not. I may even give it to her as an early Christmas pressie if I can and I will write on the tag the names of all who were kind enough to donate and will almost certainly show her this thread - She won't believe it !!!

But PLEASE check your inbox Footsie. I've sent you a very personal message which you can of course choose to ignore if you wish, I won't be offended.

With continued thanks and the best of wishes and hoping to hear from you soon,

Mog x
  • edited September 2014
    After a slight hiccup in communication error within this thread .I will now personally give  another Donation to ???? Anyone Guess? A very brief background. Around 8 years ago ...My world was going very nice.......I had a beautiful Girl .. 2 Amazing children. My Mam passed away and my world fell apart ...She died from a terrible disease, and It really did rip my heart and soul from me. I will not go into details.....But the pain was unbearable.... I have slowly tried to cope in the last few years , But still I am haunted by this ...it will never really leave me I guess. I don`t have XXXXXXX amount of money to throw around willy nilly But I do try and help whenever I feel it may bring good to this world. My life now is much happier... I have been with my Lady for over 25yrs now and she has supported me , through thick and thin and in the last few years  I am just starting to find my Soul again, I always support this charity. A donation is now going to with the hope that one day... A cure may hopefully be found for this terrible disease.  A  donation will now be personally hand delivered to One of my favourite charity organisation. CANCER RESEARCH . Thank you everyone for continuing to support this good cause The Truth is out there Read more on Mog`s Quest   HERE just got to give this a little help. footsie66   £20 PayPal   Statuesque Gift LancyAA    £10 PayPal   Statuesque Gift Ikelly         £10 PayPal   Statuesque Gift £160 needed
    Posted by footsie66
    For the avoidance of doubt, please can you clarify the relevance of this post to the ops original challenge.

As things stand, members of the Sky community could easily be misled that their donations are in some way related to cancer.  

Can you confirm that all donations are to allow Mogweedy to spend two hundred pounds on a Christmas present for his neighbour, who has no connection with this site.  This present is a four foot fibre glass statue of an "alien smoking a cigar".

Can you confirm that any donations are not in any way connected with cancer.

Can you confirm that in obtaining or attempting to obtain a discount from a commercial trader, that you have not stated to that trader that this discount is on behalf of skypoker or the skypoker community as a whole.

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest : For the avoidance of doubt, please can you clarify the relevance of this post to the ops original challenge. As things stand, members of the Sky community could easily be misled that their donations are in some way related to cancer.   Can you confirm that all donations are to allow Mogweedy to spend two hundred pounds on a Christmas present for his neighbour, who has no connection with this site.  This present is a four foot fibre glass statue of an "alien smoking a cigar". Can you confirm that any donations are not in any way connected with cancer. Can you confirm that in obtaining or attempting to obtain a discount from a commercial trader, that you have not stated to that trader that this discount is on behalf of skypoker or the skypoker community as a whole.
    Posted by tsarina
    ...kinda has a point here.
  • edited September 2014
    For the avoidance of any doubt by my fellow members of the community, you are being asked by footsie and mogweedy to give a donation for this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alien-Encounter-w-Cigar-Standing-Lifesize-Sci-Fi-Props-Advert-Space-Events-UFO/321455997565?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc4510&rt=nc

Mogweedy would like to give this as a Christmas gift for his neighbour.  
  • edited September 2014
    Oh my gosh....Mog delete your post and I do the same The thread needs a clean up of a few posts.
    Posted by footsie66
    I am trying very hard to understand this for the benefit of all members of Skypoker community.  Why are you continually deleting or amending posts.  What posts exactly did you and mogweedy urgently need to delete. I have had a very difficult job trying to keep up with it by cutting and pasting your posts onto a wordpad file in case other members may feel they should be reinstated for a full understanding of the thread.

As i recall you made a reply to one of slipwaters posts, to which he replied without copying in your post.  You then immediately deleted that post, which made slipwaters subsequent comment untelligible by those who have read it subsequently.

I am trying to be helpful here, but I think members of the forum do deserve a full explanation as to why you posted earlier in large font all about cancer, and then ended with a request for donations to Mogweedy, which you now accept has nothing to do with cancer.  
  • edited September 2014
    The plot thickens.
  • edited September 2014
    I deleted  the posts by slipwater as he was clearly TROLLING.my replied answers to his posts. The other posts deleted are irrelevant ..but if you must see them .Then I suggest you contact sky. I am sure most user`s who have followed  this thread will know. The Truth is out there Read more on Mog`s Quest   HERE just got to give this a little help. footsie66   £20 PayPal   Statuesque Gift LancyAA    £10 PayPal   Statuesque Gift Ikelly         £10 PayPal   Statuesque Gift £160 needed
    Posted by footsie66
    I'm a lot of things, footsie, but I don't troll. I was responding to your posts, which you then conveniently deleted. If you wish to have an intelligent discussion, I am more than prepared to do so, but removing your posts was just childish.
  • edited September 2014
    There was a slight misunderstanding in posts earlier. These have been deleted. I can confirm that all donations will definitively be going to Mog for the Alien statue. I after the misunderstanding ...Have also now pledged a separate donation to another good cause . The alien donation challenge is still on I  sent the seller this email below. Hello , I am a member of a very special forum poker community with a great number of people who real care about people and good cause`s. I have decided to help another member on this community to achieve a Goal for a special lady. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HYGGQDI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3LYXWICRKN6X1 We are trying to rally Support to buy her this item for a Christmas present. You can read all about it here. Please do read the full story. https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a0ced8f6c-a3cf-4c53-87d5-b0a588fd9c7f&plckCurrentPage=0 If you can do any special discounts or reductions on this item? It would be greatly appreciated Sir. If you can help in any way shape or form it would be truly fantastic! We only have a relatively short period to achieve this goal and it would be so fantastic! To be able to Give this special lady a Christmas she will truly never forget as this item has great sentimental values Which have only been disclosed to her closest friends. Thank you for from a community that really does care.Best Regards Kevin …aka footsie66 community forum member Hope this clarifies any misunderstanding. there where also community links to this thread. but these have been omitted from this via the actual emotion process within the submission of this post. The Truth is out there Read more on Mog`s Quest   HERE just got to give this a little help. footsie66   £20 PayPal   Statuesque Gift LancyAA    £10 PayPal   Statuesque Gift Ikelly         £10 PayPal   Statuesque Gift £160 needed
    Posted by footsie66
    I see.  So you are asking for a discount from a commercial trader on e bay and purporting to act on behalf of the sky poker forum community?  silly me, and I thought it was just you and two others.  It is very good of Skypoker to allow this.    

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest : I see.  So you are asking for a discount from a commercial trader on e bay and purporting to act on behalf of the sky poker forum community?  silly me, and I thought it was just you and two others.  It is very good of Skypoker to allow this.    
    Posted by tsarina
    i dont understand your persistent in discrediting this thread....if people want to donate they will...if they dont they wont. I'm guessing you dont so why not just let it go? Maybe put your energies in wrecking a different thread I think we get your point now.
  • edited September 2014
    I deleted  the posts by slipwater as he was clearly TROLLING.my replied answers to his posts. The other posts deleted are irrelevant ..but if you must see them .Then I suggest you contact sky. They may be able to make them visible again for unscrupulous eyes. I am sure most user`s who have followed  this thread will know. The Truth is out there Read more on Mog`s Quest   HERE just got to give this a little help. footsie66   £20 PayPal   Statuesque Gift LancyAA    £10 PayPal   Statuesque Gift Ikelly         £10 PayPal   Statuesque Gift £160 needed
    Posted by footsie66
    Yes, I think the truth is out there somewhere. Its just finding it.  In the meantime, I have had a thought.  I have been a particularly good neighbour this year.  I looked after their house while they were away on holiday.  I haven't screamed or shouted all day, and I have kept my playing of mozart piano concertos down to an acceptable level.  I have seen this this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-29cts-ROSE-CUT-DIAMOND-ANTIQUE-VICTORIAN-LOOK-WEDDING-HAIR-JEWELERY-FOR-TIARA-/251628913386?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_VintageFineJewellery_CA&hash=item3a964082ea   .  It is a snip at six hundred and seventy five pounds, and I could wear it at next years skypoker live events.  Time is of the essence, so I might be able to get a discount if I can represent the skypoker community forum.  I just need two others.  I am going to try and spin fifty pounds up to 675 but if i can't any donations will be very helpful.  I will start with twenty pounds which just leaves £655.  Paypal is best way for payment, I think.  I did used to have a very nice tiara, but sadly i bought a puppy and guess what it got chewed by the puppy losing all the diamonds.  It had huge sentimental value, and I am very sad about the whole thing.  If I could get hold of this new replacement tiara, it would truly make my Christmas.  Think I will start now on the ten pound dyms and will give a progress report asap

Please note - this is not in any way connected with charity.

And remember - The truth is out there

Update.  Paypal gift £20 tsarina amount needed £655

Further update.  just lost  a 20 pound dym, so am going to deposit another three pounds and try for a thirty dym.  amount needed back up to £675
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest : Yes, I think the truth is out there somewhere. Its just finding it.  In the meantime, I have had a thought.  I have been a particularly good neighbour this year.  I looked after their house while they were away on holiday.  I haven't screamed or shouted all day, and I have kept my playing of mozart piano concertos down to an acceptable level.  I have seen this this  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-29cts-ROSE-CUT-DIAMOND-ANTIQUE-VICTORIAN-LOOK-WEDDING-HAIR-JEWELERY-FOR-TIARA-/251628913386?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_VintageFineJewellery_CA&hash=item3a964082ea   .  It is a snip at six hundred and seventy five pounds, and I could wear it at next years skypoker live events.  Time is of the essence, so I might be able to get a discount if I can represent the skypoker community forum.  I just need two others.  I am going to try and spin fifty pounds up to 675 but if i can't any donations will be very helpful.  I will start with twenty pounds which just leaves £655.  Paypal is best way for payment, I think.  I did used to have a very nice tiara, but sadly i bought a puppy and guess what it got chewed by the puppy losing all the diamonds.  It had huge sentimental value, and I am very sad about the whole thing.  If I could get hold of this new replacement tiara, it would truly make my Christmas.  Think I will start now on the ten pound dyms and will give a progress report asap
    Posted by tsarina

good luck

• edited September 2014
    Mogweedy started this thread (with what I assume was the best of intentions) and then five hours later footsie turned it into a let's-all-club-together-and-raise-the-money-ourselves kind of deal, and turned the thread into his own in the process. Certainly that is how it seems if you read the content and the tone of the opening gambit.

As tongue-in-cheek as tsarina's recent retort is... it does serve to highlight the whole 'Nigerian prince' aspect of it all.
  • edited September 2014
    I am struggling to find anything redeeming about this thread, and it is wrong on a number of levels.  Personally, I think Skypoker should delete the thread. It is one thing for a player to set a challenge to increase their bankroll by whatever multiple.  However this is not the case. Players are now being asked to donate ten pounds so that Mogweedy can give a neighbour a present of a statue apparently of an alien smoking a cigarette.   What then, I ask, has this neighbour done to deserve such generosity of spirit from skypoker players?  Has she worked tirelessy for charity or a good cause?  Actually no, she has merely proved to be a better neighbour for Mogweedy by behaving normally ie not screaming, shouting and playing loud music at all times and has now decided that it would be better for her to give up a main job to claim jobseekers allowance to help looking after her daughter s family. If Mogweedy who can apparently barely string one pound seventeen pence together wants to try and win two hundred pounds to give to her new neighbour it would have nothing to do with me. However, this is not the case.  Thirty per cent of us will die of some form of cancer, and twenty five per cent of us will die of some form of heart disease.  Meanwhile ordinary families up and down the country are having to rely upon foodbanks to survive. If any player wants to contribute ten pounds to allow Mogweedy to buy a statue glorifiying smoking which is undoubtedly a habit which kills many. then fair enough. However, if any player has ten pounds to spare, then I would urge those players to donate to a worthwile charity of which there are many.  Cancer Research Fund, British Heart Foundation, Macmillan Care, NSPCC to name but a few.
    Posted by tsarina

• Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death in the United States for both men and women. (Source: Cancer Facts & Figures 2014)
    • Deaths from lung cancer: 159,260 
      Males: 86,930 
      Females: 72,330
    • Tobacco use accounts for at least 30% of all cancer deaths, causing 87% of lung cancer deaths in men, and 70% of lung cancer deaths in women. (Source: Cancer Facts & Figures 2014)
    seems you need to clear up your  first post in this thread .

• edited September 2014
    Mogweedy started this thread (with what I assume was the best of intentions) and then five hours later footsie turned it into a let's-all-club-together-and-raise-the-money-ourselves kind of deal, and turned the thread into his own in the process. Certainly that is how it seems if you read the content and the tone of the opening gambit. As tongue-in-cheek as tsarina's recent retort is... it does serve to highlight the whole 'Nigerian prince' aspect of it all.
    Posted by Slipwater
    I respect your comments Slip and agree to an extent, but we are all adults on here and if we are foolish to donate towards a scam then on our heads be it, seems a bit of a witch hunt towards footsie and moggy which i think is getting a bit out of hand...i think all parties have said their piece and maybe let the thread ride now. This is my last comment on this thread but im still donating, gl all.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest : I respect your comments Slip and agree to an extent, but we are all adults on here and if we are foolish to donate towards a scam then on our heads be it, seems a bit of a witch hunt towards footsie and moggy which i think is getting a bit out of hand...i think all parties have said their piece and maybe let the thread ride now. This is my last comment on this thread but im still donating, gl all.
    Posted by Ikelly
    I wasn't suggesting it was a scam (although, admittedly, that could be inferred from my comment). My point was simply that footsie has really taken over this whole thing, and the manner in which it has been done, and the way that he has communicated with the online seller is a little... questionable.

I wish Mogweedy the best in reaching his target, but my suggestion is that he gets there the old-fashioned way.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest : Yes, I think the truth is out there somewhere. Its just finding it.  In the meantime, I have had a thought.  I have been a particularly good neighbour this year.  I looked after their house while they were away on holiday.  I haven't screamed or shouted all day, and I have kept my playing of mozart piano concertos down to an acceptable level.  I have seen this this  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-29cts-ROSE-CUT-DIAMOND-ANTIQUE-VICTORIAN-LOOK-WEDDING-HAIR-JEWELERY-FOR-TIARA-/251628913386?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_VintageFineJewellery_CA&hash=item3a964082ea   .  It is a snip at six hundred and seventy five pounds, and I could wear it at next years skypoker live events.  Time is of the essence, so I might be able to get a discount if I can represent the skypoker community forum.  I just need two others.  I am going to try and spin fifty pounds up to 675 but if i can't any donations will be very helpful.  I will start with twenty pounds which just leaves £655.  Paypal is best way for payment, I think.  I did used to have a very nice tiara, but sadly i bought a puppy and guess what it got chewed by the puppy losing all the diamonds.  It had huge sentimental value, and I am very sad about the whole thing.  If I could get hold of this new replacement tiara, it would truly make my Christmas.  Think I will start now on the ten pound dyms and will give a progress report asap Please note - this is not in any way connected with charity. And remember - The truth is out there Update.  Paypal gift £20 tsarina amount needed £655 Further update.  just lost  a 20 pound dym, so am going to deposit another three pounds and try for a thirty dym.  amount needed back up to £675
    Posted by tsarina

Things arent looking good.  I may have to rethink my strategy on this one.  I will update asap.

Remember, the truth is out there

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest : I wasn't suggesting it was a scam (although, admittedly, that could be inferred from my comment). My point was simply that footsie has really taken over this whole thing, and the manner in which it has been done, and the way that he has communicated with the online seller is a little... questionable. I wish Mogweedy the best in reaching his target, but my suggestion is that he gets there the old-fashioned way.
    Posted by Slipwater
    defintetly my last post! agreed...the old fashioned way is more favourable but the whole thread is now doomed IMO which is a shame....just hope we can all just let the thread continue without the way the sarcasm/tongue in cheek comments are going....it will get personal soon and that shouldn't happen in this community.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Statue Quest : Yes, I think the truth is out there somewhere. Its just finding it.  In the meantime, I have had a thought.  I have been a particularly good neighbour this year.  I looked after their house while they were away on holiday.  I haven't screamed or shouted all day, and I have kept my playing of mozart piano concertos down to an acceptable level.  I have seen this this  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-29cts-ROSE-CUT-DIAMOND-ANTIQUE-VICTORIAN-LOOK-WEDDING-HAIR-JEWELERY-FOR-TIARA-/251628913386?pt=UK_Jewellery_Watches_VintageFineJewellery_CA&hash=item3a964082ea   .  It is a snip at six hundred and seventy five pounds, and I could wear it at next years skypoker live events.  Time is of the essence, so I might be able to get a discount if I can represent the skypoker community forum.  I just need two others.  I am going to try and spin fifty pounds up to 675 but if i can't any donations will be very helpful.  I will start with twenty pounds which just leaves £655.  Paypal is best way for payment, I think.  I did used to have a very nice tiara, but sadly i bought a puppy and guess what it got chewed by the puppy losing all the diamonds.  It had huge sentimental value, and I am very sad about the whole thing.  If I could get hold of this new replacement tiara, it would truly make my Christmas.  Think I will start now on the ten pound dyms and will give a progress report asap Please note - this is not in any way connected with charity. And remember - The truth is out there Update.  Paypal gift £20 tsarina amount needed £655 Further update.  just lost  a 20 pound dym, so am going to deposit another three pounds and try for a thirty dym.  amount needed back up to £675
    Posted by tsarina

---------

Thread gets more and more bizarre each time I read it! 

• edited September 2014
    Good luck with the poker challenge!