You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Micro Management (Just in case you were wondering - still here (ish) )

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Well weekend roll boost didnt quite work out.

Firstly it was a busy weekend - household work - work work etc.

Confession time : Weekend evenings are ruled by "Strictly" as Mrs P is a big fan. It is "us time" - no phones / laptops allowed so no poker.

We also had a first night out in ages and went to the pics to see The Equaliser - Denzel is definitely a different character to Edward Woodward from the TV series (character is based on the same). However Denzel is a bit more hands on and has a more executioner judge dred style of retribution. Hence there is a bit more "action" and definitely a lot more blood.

Mrs P didnt like the gory bits so much but Denzel can do no wrong and the film is definitely a decent watch.

Finally got a bit of time on the tables and it didnt run so well.

£2 nl 6max standard fare - 3 handed needing to shove as blinds creeping up and I am 3rd stack A7 sb runs into QQ bb.

£3 nl dym different story - feeling very comfortable get it in on flop with qq overpair called by 10,5 on a 10 high board and another 10 comes. sigh.

SNG tables were pretty light so I played a bit of 4NL when 1st SNG bust. Was riding up over £6, lost one big hand to gapped connectors that hit a straight to my overpair and then slowly clawed it back for a 66p win for the session.

Not really intended to play NL cash but if I do due to lack of volume, I will stick to 4NL to manage the roll.

Very busy week work wise - determined to find a slot where I can put in a decent run of SNGs to get some stability in the ROI numbers.

Roll now back down to £58.47
  • edited October 2014
    Still doing really well Phantom....
    You will get losing sessions as we all do, so don't worry about them too much, just try & keep them down to the minimum amount each time & then when we get our good wins this will more than make up for them.
    best wishes,
    dev
  • edited October 2014
    Thanks Dev.

Short session over lunch x2 £3 NL DYMS and cashed both to rebreak the £60 mark.

One table was among the worst dym play I have seen in a while - the other was solid (don't worry stuarty if you read this you were on the solid table - which is why I could easily lay my A7s down to your pf all-in). Ul on the 2 exit hands though AJ v Ax split pot and KJ running into AA in the blinds.

I guess when you have played as many as you have Dev you can take advantage of notes and gain a bit of edge with table selection. I don't have that yet. Play for fun so wouldn't table select as such - its more that I am having to learn over the first few orbits general observations then build on that for whether and when they can change gears.

I'd like to get a solid 10 game or so session in because I find that best for roll building - generally play better when "in the zone" and it makes for more "winning days" as short sessions can so easily be in the red. However time just not free enough at the moment.
  • edited October 2014
    notes are important, the more you have the better, so make them as you play which you then have forever.
    a good tip i use is i turn a player yellow for loose... ie; plays A rag kq kj etc, on 1st & 2 nd levels.goes allin alot, limps etc.
    then i turn them pink when they slow play hands... like trips or Ak on AXX flop etc.
    these notes are so important and making them yellow or pink(in my case) makes them easy to identify, especially when multi-tabling.
    table selection, is important. you don't want to be sat there with 2 good reg's or more. better off not playing...
    and i can say that from experience. :)...
    to give an example; only last Saturday I went to play some £3 games & a certain johnconnor & Stuarty117(who you know :) were hogging the tables, so I simply sat there & watched them for an hour or so.
    this is also a good thing to do from time to time, watching, as you can always learn something, maybe it's players ranges, or how they go about playing on the bubble, or even how they play the early stages or what they like to do when playing their small blinds/big blinds.
    there is so much we can learn & even now I still find new things to look out for, and I think that probably is the same for everyone, well certainly for the players looking to improve & who are maybe looking to get to the next level.

I am currently playing just 6 games only, 2 x£5  3 x £3  & 1 x£2  if i am up after these 6 games i stop & book the win
    (last 2 sessions i've won £18.85 & £15.50, so that is working well atm :)
    obviously i dont/won't always win so will then load up another 6 games & then re-assess after them...
    haven't had to yet though, as only just started it at those levels :)
    the only reason i am playing 6 games is because that's my preferred number of tables to play at once.
    i have been booking the win almost all the way through my challenge so far, and find it suits me, but it's not universally accepted as the best way to play sessions.
    I find it works well though & keeps my sessions short & gives me lots of winning ones...most of the time.
    sometimes i have to grind a session out, & sometimes it doesn't work, and i lose...not often though, thankfully :)

I think playing less games maybe 5 or 7 or 9 in a session (odd numbers are better than even, as it stops any draws, ie 3-3 playing 6 games, which is no good) is a good way to go.

anyway mate just a few things to think about.
    you are doing great so you must be doing a lot of things right, but we can always find little things to learn which if they help us must be a good thing.
    I know i am & I think it's showing in my results,  ha ha....
    either that or I'm just ****** jammy  lol

run good Phantom,
    dev

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Micro Management (B/R challenge from £39.64 on micro stakes Now £63.87):
      i have been booking the win almost all the way through my challenge so far, and find it suits me, but it's not universally accepted as the best way to play sessions. 
    Posted by devonfish5

i think the critical issue here is that if you are going to "book the win" you must also be prepared to "stop the loss". booking wins but running losses is a classic mistake that beginner investors make. but discipline on both sides of the p/l is ok. 

• edited October 2014
    @Dev I am taking notes and using the "new" colour coding feature - It's just playing low volume and random times means I dont come across too many players I have good notes on yet.

I have a very simple "traffic light" system of tagging

green = rookie - very passive usually a bit of a station but may also be an obsessive bluffer
    red = danger - very solid player reads situations well - technically correct but also adapts play to suit opponent and relative postion
    yellow = somewhere inbetween - seems to have an understanding of some of the concepts but with leaks. e.g. Too tight when blinds move up - good starting hands adjusted for position but fit/fold post flop.

They are obviously generalisations so the notes are all important in terms of specifics and how to exploit, e.g weaknesses in starting hands - cbetting and reactions to them - river bets small or large what do they mean and how do they react when facing them.

I find this works well for me at the moment without many tables in play.

I guess for serious grinding the other colours could be used to tag the main styles/leaks and you can rely on "generalisations" when deciding whether or not to call that river shove.

I do have one other colour in use - purple - complete maniac - usually dont need to take notes as pretty obvious from their play.
  • edited October 2014
    @Geldy and @Dev on stop loss/win banking

I suppose it depends on how you are feeling - If I have just edged a DYM session 3/2 then I might just bank that.

If I have crushed it 5/0 and feel playing well and same players are regging again seems silly to walk away if I have the time to stay on.

Obviously need to be wary of fatigue.

Stop loss again depends on feel - I dont tend to tilt on SNGs so if I have a run of losses as long as I am playing well I will carry on - as soon as I start making mistakes I'll stop though. 

Cash and MTTs is different - have tilted and chased losses in both those formats. Stop loss definitely useful.
  • edited October 2014
    Yesterday after the x2 win afternoon session I played 4 in the evening W2 L2

I "banked" the winning day.

Of the 2 losses one had a clear mistake donking off a bunch of chips on a PLO8 board where I had raised pre and potted post having hit a set. Turn was a scare card - high straights - and I end up calling all-in the shorter stack. Sure enough behind and board didnt pair on the river. Gut said fold and should have - folding would have left me just behind average - calling and losing left me too short. Convinced myself I had pot odds but I didnt and pot odds are not always as important as maintaining a playable stack in dym anyway. 

The other was a under v over house - probably not a cooler though - could have got away in hindsight.

Had an interesting finish hand on a nl dym table - we had just got down to 4 players - Jdallstar was shorty but not desperately so (about 10 bigs) and on bb. UTG folds, I am chip lead with AA on button and minraise - 2nd chip lead in sb r/r - I r/r all-in sending a "clear message" I think - s/b calls and shows KK and I hold. 

I wasnt so big a chip lead to have the win locked in and jd wasnt so short that I could ever fold AA there - I think the s/b should have folded his KK rather than calling the all-in though. He would have taken a hit but still had a couple of bigs chip lead over short stack 

I am sure jd enjoyed the hand anyway.

Days finishing roll £62.67

• edited October 2014
    I've enjoyed reading this whole thread - I can see similarities, but I don't colour code !! 
    Well done and keep it going...good luck at the tables
  • edited October 2014
    All the best, keep crushing!
  • edited October 2014
    Thanks Badcawl and Larson for the encouragement.

PS saw you (Larson) on a cash table the other day but didn't engage in chat, you were so obviously in MT grind mode!
  • edited October 2014
    Well topsy turvy day.

The good news...

poker points paid - not much but covered a sat to the main tonight - enter and end up a comfortable 3rd with 9 seats.

NL 6max's now available at £3.30 - thank you Sky.

and that's about it - downhill from there.

Was doing ok in the main so thought I had better enter the mini.

was still doing well in the main at the break - mini still in but had donked some chips to a low straight - bit pear shaped on resumption.

just didnt get my focus back - had run around like a madman in the 5 min break - load dishwasher - take bin out - toliet break etc to get back a couple of mins after restart. Definitely lost concentration. Mind wandered played spewy in mini and bust out. Then get bored and started spraying chips in main. Had been around 40/380 with 8k chips and started playing hands in the middle of card dead period - spewed a few chips in 3 different pots - missing and cbetting and giving up to resistance. Was I being pushed around or had opponents connected - normally I would know or have a fair idea but wasnt in the zone. Anyways have done about half my stack by now and get AKs on SB. Folded to me and I raisex3 called by BB.

Mrs P then asks me to help with something - I see flop, J98. Blow this I am not going to get shoved around any more - all-in take that and fold - oh hold on call - oops J8 and I'm out.

Terrible really. At least I got to help Mrs P without missing any hands.

SNGs hadnt been going so well either until a late rally  -  A 6max was even stevens for a good while on the bubble and I could have finished anywhere. In the end missed a spot - I have just got chip lead and short stacked 1 opponent winning with 99 v Ax aipf. Shorty all in with button I have AK but wait SB raises quite big. Curious this is the bubble - I should have ignored the bubble and treated it as HU and snap called or shoved. Shorty was really short and even a treble up would have still been short. For some reason I folded - maybe head scrambled - maybe I have been playing too many DYMs and I was in a PLO8 DYM at the same time? SB wins and I blew my chip lead with some poor HU play although exit hand was in good came over the top of a limp with K8, called by 89 flop 567 sigh. Did go on to cash comfortably in the PLO8 DYM which wasn't bad as the table was stacked with regs.

Those last 2 wins steadied the ship but still an overall losing day.

B/R now £56.11

Pledge to just play £3 NL 6max and £3 PLO8 DYMs for the rest of the week.

• edited October 2014
    See you on the tables GL!

• edited October 2014
    Haven't seen you yet Mrs Duck but then I haven't been playing £22 B/H!

Quick update.

Not much volume 2/3 SNGs a day for last 3 days - running pretty well though

Current bankroll now £73.41.

Stat attack to follow when I have the time.

• edited October 2014
    Not much poker played since last update which was on the back of a good winning run.

1xNL £3.30 dym - lost shoved with 99 over shorter stack and they called and hit K10 (it wasnt tikay).

didnt need to shove was big stack and could have peeled or even folded.

1xPLO8 £3.30 dym - crazy game reached level 10 4 handed and could have gone any way. I was shortie with < 2 BBs at one point so just lucky.

Played a £3 B/H earlier today failed to cash but only small loss with x2 heads taken. Got to chip lead a couple of times - had early double with KK v AK aipf and later QQ hit Q72 to bust AA who had just called my 4BB raise over limper. Another big pot with 89s peeled from BB to min raise and hits 710J flop and customer gets allin with KK. Ducky got me in a spot of bother - wish I hadnt read her diary this morning as my 22 was cracked by the laughable KQ. Actually overcards hitting was my downfall on all of my downswing hands - both times felt was ahead and wanting to protect AJ on J high flop called by K5s which had flush draw and hit K. Exit hand free flop from BB with 67. Hit 7 on low flop. check bet call. 2 on turn. check allin call. Opponent shows AJ no other draws and promptly hits A. might try these again as general standard seemed beatable.

As for the SNGs - stats below. I have removed all turbos/speeds as I have not played any since last post and plan not to for the foreseeable. I dont play much or for long and prefer games where any edge I have is more likely to be effective.
      1st 2nd 3rd Other
    NL 6max £1.10 5 2 4 3
    NL dym £1.15       2
    NL 6max £2.20 3 3 1 3
    NL dym  £2.25   1    
    NL 6max £3.30   2 1 1
    NL dym £3.30 2 3 2 6
    PLO8 6max £3.30     1  
    PLO8 dym £3.30 2 5 4 3
      entries buy-in rake winnings profit ROI
    NL 6max £1.10 14 £14.00 £1.40 £23.70 £8.30 53.9%
    NL dym £1.15 2 £2.00 £0.30 £0.00 -£2.30 -100.0%
    NL 6max £2.20 10 £20.00 £2.00 £36.00 £14.00 63.6%
    NL dym  £2.25 1 £2.00 £0.25 £4.00 £1.75 77.8%
    NL 6max £3.30 4 £12.00 £1.20 £12.60 -£0.60 -4.5%
    NL dym £3.30 13 £39.00 £3.90 £42.00 -£0.90 -2.1%
    PLO8 6max £3.30 1 £3.00 £0.30 £0.00 -£3.30 -100.0%
    PLO8 dym £3.30 14 £42.00 £4.20 £66.00 £19.80 42.9%
    TOTAL 59 £134.00 £13.55 £184.30 £36.75 24.9%
    B/R now £72.04
  • edited October 2014
    Today part 1...

Some poor play by me and some odd calls and outdraws from others and I lose first 3 SNGs of the day.

Also enter the £3 B/H only to go bustio earlio - donked most of chips with 2 pair versus J8 hitting 9TQ.

Then had a curious hand when on aipf with 78 and my last 50 chips - 4 way flop I miss completely and there is an A and one player shoves. All fold. I end up winning the hand versus 67 that was on a flush draw. Went out a little later when shoving cheap flop with a nut flush draw Kxs knew I'd be called and I missed.

Then the good news - I came 2nd in a 228 entry tourney.

The not so good news was it was the £20 FR turbo so I only took down £3.21.

Went on a massive heater. As the blinds leapt up and I had around 10BB I seemed to be getting big aces and all-in preflop versus lower aces / 2 high cards and holding. I never went in behind until a KQs called ai with a nut flush draw on flop and hit to bust a short stack. Mid/late stages was on an unbalanced table 3 of the top 6 in chips - I bust them both to have more than twice nearest challenger. First one had me sweating when they called my r/r ai with A4o me having QQ and 3 diamonds to their A. Then on cash bubble biggish stack to my left raises I reraise all-in (not a hard decision I had KK) and they call with 99 and I hold. 

Coasted to final table with still a x2 lead.

Lost my way a bit 3 handed and let 2nd stack catch me up.

Had been a bit card dead but folded to a r/r when holding A7 and peeled then went passive when could have bullied short stack but didn't try and gave up on turn.

2nd stack overtakes then moves clear when busting 3rd.

HU didn't last long - get it in good again with JJ v Ax and suffer my first and fatal outdraw for 2nd.

Then cashed for 2nd in a £3 6max - still haven't won one! very long HU battle. Twice built a big lead and lost it to 2 pair and then a flush draw. My time will come.
  • edited October 2014
    Havent updated for a few days.

Been a bit up and down - or more correctly down then up.

Been as low as £56 and back up to £70 then down again. Currently on £67.98.

SNGs still holding up (apart from £3 NL Dym) where I am in the red. Have spotted some poor play but also had some horror beats too e.g. QJ ai on a QJx flop called by QT turn 8 river 9. Early days on volume but not giving up on them. One thing I do find with dyms is the faster structure can make it hard to find good spots compared to 6max and you certainly see less of the crash bang walllop all over by level 2 brigade at £3.

Won my first £3 6max which helped one of the recoveries.

PLO8 DYM still going nicely although did actually lose consecutive games for the 1st time.

Losses were down to some MTT tryouts especially all-in sats and a frenzy trying to get into a couple of mains.

Also tried a bit of cash inspired by Lamberts youtube vid - did ok although timing wasnt great with so many rollers on the grind for a punta package.

Thinking has been thus: To get Mrs P to the carribean I need either a lot more volume (not going to happen soon) or a big bink or two.

New thinking is bluddy do what you keep saying you were going to do and concentrate on the SNGs and build a more flexible roll before trying out other things!

In life had one of those weekends - car breakdown - boiler breakdown - might have to hold off on that holiday deposit now.
  • edited October 2014
    PS Shout out to Jimb0d - clashed again this time he won the race to put him in good shape and demolish most of my stack. My AQ lost to his 66.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Micro Management (B/R challenge from £39.64 on micro stakes Now £72.04):
    Also tried a bit of cash inspired by Lamberts youtube vid - did ok although timing wasnt great with so many rollers on the grind for a punta package.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Good work on the bankroll inching up... still not enough stats-geek posts on the forums despite your own admirable work!

I imagine quite a few micro stakes players were turned off NL4 during the recent promo, but Lambert video (and Dohhhhh's previous blog) both offer excellent advice that should let any player make a little profit against the normal oppo at those levels... hopefully you can use that to bump the bankroll a bit more over the coming weeks.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Micro Management (B/R challenge from £39.64 on micro stakes Now £72.04):
    In Response to Re: Micro Management (B/R challenge from £39.64 on micro stakes Now £72.04) : Good work on the bankroll inching up... still not enough stats-geek posts on the forums despite your own admirable work! I imagine quite a few micro stakes players were turned off NL4 during the recent promo, but Lambert video (and Dohhhhh's previous blog) both offer excellent advice that should let any player make a little profit against the normal oppo at those levels... hopefully you can use that to bump the bankroll a bit more over the coming weeks.
    Posted by shakinaces
    Thanks Shaki.

Will definitely get back on some cash - especially when free in the day as there is just not much traffic on SNGs.

However promising myself to get above £80 B/R through SNGs first.

I have just binked another £1 SNG (really was a luckbox run - committed shoved with A8 and took out QQ then HU got there with lower of 2 Ax hands). So my ROI for these is over 60%.

entries buy-in rake winnings profit ROI
    NL 6max £1.10 19 £19.00 £1.90 £33.60 £12.70 60.8%
    Key is the win v 2nd v 3rd rate.

No point hanging in for 2nd in a 6max - go for the wins

1st 2nd 3rd Other
    NL 6max £1.10 7 3 6 3

I reckon all I have to do is play 1000-2000 of these £1 6max a day and Ill be hitting returns like Matt Bates!

simples ;-) 

• edited October 2014
    Determined to get into a large UKOPS entry but will not go bust doing it.

Stage 1 went well Satted through into the HR Q/F from a freeroll. 

Was playing on my phone which was tricky - especially when I had to nip to the supermarket - no signal inside and my hands free mode doesnt seem to recognise call raise fold so had to pull over when I had a playable hand.

A ran insanely well - AQ aipf v 2 shorter stacks pp and Ax - hit quad Q's.

raised with 55 and hit set then got most of opponents stack when housed up.

Hit a set of T's too but ended up folding to big stack that overbet my flop bet on a 3 card flush board - I was big enough to hurt them and although I thought the may well be protecting I didnt see the need to risk my stack. 

Sickest outdraw was when my K9 shove taking down AK when down to a few bigs and still a few places off the bubble.

Apologies to anyone I busted - I would have been sympathetic in chat - just cant use it on phone - sorry.

Couldnt watch lobby which is a big disadvantage in a Sat but managed to ride the bubble after the K9 luck.

By the time the Q/F came I was on the laptop - no distractions - (maybe that was the problem) - the hot streak vanished and every pf raise was met with air and resistance - eventually donk shoved A2 from SB on Kx2 board when BB had called minraise and hit K.

Will try again just not tonight as I have a very early start in the morning.

• edited October 2014
    Is PLO the way to go? PLO8 of course.

Do enjoy the PLO8 games - something very different to learn and a great atmosphere (usually join in but apologies to anyone on a daytime table today I was playing on mobile).

Had dipped down to mid £50s, but then mainly due to x2 £5.50 dym wins (my first at that level for a long time and definitely since this challenge) and a £1 MTT win.

Phantom66700001£14julie196402£8.75Poodlejac03£5.25koko1004£3.85BillyWiz6805£3.15LIBBYLOO06
    Was going along nicely until later on moved to a table with a "team aggro" chipped up player - raising nearly every hand and usually carrying on post flop. Eventually bust them on the FT bubble hitting quad K's to put a big dent in stack.

Then took out them and other player on my table to go into final table 2nd chip - ended up with the 2 of us HU with me about 26.5k to opponent 43.5k. Don't think I have ever had an easier run out to a tourney win HU in my life.

Hand 1 - hit FH on turn and won big pot with no low
    Hand 2 - hit set of 2's which turned into 6high straight and 6low for a scoop
    Hand 3 - aipf with AA49 which holds as 2 pair and no low

I have entered Macacgirls challenge - best record over 100 dyms - starting 1 Nov. should be good for a bit of banter and help drive some extra traffic to what are usually pretty busy tables to be fair. Luckily there is no time limit on reaching 100 as I could be a while.

NL 6max still probably where I have an edge albeit had a bit of a dry spell, especially 6max on bubble, coolered, sucked out on and the occasional mistake meaning too many 3rds in the last run. I don't mind as I know in the long run I haven't done much wrong getting it in usually ahead and with a situation where should close out for the 1sts which make all the difference.

No more attempts at a UKOPs - still hope to make a ME but will definitely get involved with the micro/minis if not.

Exciting times ahead!
  • edited October 2014
    Scaling back on the poker this week as i am busy with work.

Still waiting for car to be fixed which is a pain.

Apparrently a new fuel pump will cost around £700 so mechanic is looking around for a 2nd hand one.

Our pet dog had a big op last friday. She has a history of lumps in her mammory* tissue and had some more removed.  Fingers crossed now for the test results.

Good news on the poker front as my only result of the day a £1 6max win has taken my roll back above £80 which is where my original pre diary downswing started.

Also picked up 2 free entries to tuesday and thursday events so got to be happy about that. I have contributed to many a show thread over the years and im pretty sure these are my first free entries. Of course it has to be a pure coincidence that entries are now chosen at random and not selected on merit?

*edit not meaning to use technical medical language just cant type bre.ast.
  • edited October 2014
    Well b/r down about a tenner - had been on too consistent an upswing for that to last.

PLO8 form gone begging - which is a worry having committed to the 100 game challenge.

Was freerolled into the main last night - but busted out - nothing much going on was above starting stack but falling quite below the average when I spotted a good opportunity. Sat on BB, utg raises unusually large x4BB - I guessed trying to isolate short/stack in SB. SB goes all-in for about 3BB. I have AJ and shove. UTG has me covered and dwells a bit then calls.

Happy enough to see the cards, SB 77, UTG AT

Flop 27J still happy - no head prize but winning chips here and of course the run out is KQ, sigh.

Great show though last night and it will be fascinating to watch Chris on Sunday - although at the moment it will be Geldy and Macacgirl getting the rail support from me.

Must have been the Chris Moorman inspiration as I smashed a 209 runner tourney this morning. It was the freeroll, but still £5.37 for a stake of £0 (no rebuy or addon required). It will do well for my scope stats on ROI although the free entry to the B/H ME wont as I guess no-one tells them I won a prize draw to qualify.

Prize    Phantom664800001£5.37demosthene02£3.21Lucky165303£1.91rickblaine04£1.50meandyou4205£1.28peterswan06£1.07

UKOPS starting - SNG bonus points on offer. Maca's challenge. What's not to like about November? Oh and PS Mr Orford it finally is Halloween tonight. Mr and Mrs P's fav night out. MWAAA HAA HA!
  • edited November 2014
    End of October Stat Attack:
     1st2nd3rdOther
    NL 6max £1.1073105
    NL dym £1.15  12
    NL 6max £2.205636
    NL dym  £2.25 11 
    NL 6max £3.301332
    NL dym £3.3037310
    PLO8 dym £1.15 1  
    PLO8 6max £3.30  1 
    PLO8 dym £3.30411613
    PLO8 dym£5.50 2  
     entriesbuy-inrakewinningsprofitROI
    NL 6max £1.1025£25.00£2.50£33.60£6.1022.2%
    NL dym £1.153£3.00£0.45£2.00-£1.45-42.0%
    NL 6max £2.2020£40.00£4.00£64.20£20.2045.9%
    NL dym  £2.252£4.00£0.50£8.00£3.5077.8%
    NL 6max £3.309£27.00£2.70£30.60£0.903.0%
    NL dym £3.3023£69.00£6.90£78.00£2.102.8%
    PLO8 dym £1.151£1.00£0.15£2.00£0.8573.9%
    PLO8 6max £3.301£3.00£0.30£0.00-£3.30-100.0%
    PLO8 dym £3.3034£102.00£10.20£126.00£13.8012.3%
    PLO8 dym£5.502£10.00£1.00£20.00£9.0081.8%
    TOTAL120£284.00£28.70£364.40£51.7016.5%
    Won 5 in a row at £3 NL dym to finally turn the numbers black.

PLO8 numbers while overall positive have been on the slide lately. In fact lost 10 out of the last 19 played. Tried to mix my game up a bit v some new aggro players and multi way limp/call action and got burned. Back to basics for the 100 challenge.

Overall ROI of 16.5% is acceptable - aiming for over 20 though.

Maybe the real lesson I should be taking is that my roll would be higher if I had just played SNGs!

I will still be trying to SAT the odd UKOPS event or at least playing micros/minis where I can.
  • edited November 2014
    The 100 game PLO8 challenge will feature highly in my games until complete. So I have started a stat count just for that.

That may not be a great B/R choice for me- but it's a great idea by Macacgirl and I really do enjoy the game.

Last night did not start so well. W2/4 which is not a disaster. However B/R wise lost the 2 £3's and won the 2 smaller ones (there is a challenge to win at all levels which I am trying to complete)
     PLO8 100 challenge 
    BIRWPP/L
    0.50.111£0.40
    10.1511£0.85
    20.25  £0.00
    30.302-£6.60
    50.5  £0.00
    111  £0.00
    TOTAL 24-£5.35
    One of the £3 losses was misfortune - found a player who liked to defend his BB with "questionable" holdings - got it in in great shape twice only to lose once early on to take a dent in stack and once late on to bust.

Other loss was entirely down to my bad play - overplayed AA overpair and nut flush draw post flop on a board that was already paired. Opponent had trips and went on to improve to F/H.
  • edited November 2014
    Self induced poker break until Thursday now.

Loved railing the HR last night - unfortunately that was the only fun part.

Tried a few all-in sats but to no avail (although Craigcu12 has definitely inspired me not to give up on those). Prefer some where you do at least have to make some decisions, even if a frenzy, but had no time for sats when they were running.

Tried some cash with the double points - went very badly at first. Experimented with a looser style especially when a lot or regs on table and got burned. Rivered flush ran into rivered str8 flush, set into str8 and that was 2 BIs gone - Old style may have got away with less but probably not much.

SNGs going bad especially PLO8 - was already on a downswong which seems to got have worse with the challenge.

Minor recovery late on last night when I spun up a cash table for a maniac to come crashing onto the table. Pushed me off a hand earlier on with turn/river aggression. Got looked up by another player trying the same a couple of hands later then went on one aipf nearly every hand 74, 95, and then I wake up with AJ twice which held v dominated hands - couple of bad beats there and I could have been down to starting roll.

Too busy to play tonight/tomorrow as hugely important work day on Wednesday.

GL especially to forum regs entering any UKOPS - who can follow up on Craigcu12, Macacgirl, Jac35 and Hitmans impressive starts? Will any of them make it a double? Will Chris Moorman reg for the 220 at 220?