You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Micro Management (Just in case you were wondering - still here (ish) )

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Hey mate!

Do you ever play the sit and go's on stars

I've been playing a few of the 45/90/180 sit and go's/ good fun!
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Larson

I am not sure if I ever regged that site - I did either that or FT ages ago but never put volume any in either of the biggies.

I did have over $200 in another US $ account that disappeared into thin air after the US lockdown, which kind of put me off putting B/R into yankee dollars.

Had most of my profitable run on that site too - you had to write to them and get a cheque in the post from cyprus a week or two later. When I could have an online account linked to Neteller I thought it was christmas - then it all got frozen and no answer from customer support since. Mini-rant over. If anyone has ever got cash back they thought was lost from a European site that had $accounts locked down by US authorities I would love to know about it.

I am kind of tempted as a way of finding volume in my prefered format though. It's the STT I like though rather than the SNG part of it. 

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Micro Management (B/R challenge from £39.64 on micro stakes). Keep Calm and Carry on! £27.81:
    Breaking news #DIPC club thread closed. Not sure any rules have been broken there. Perhaps if mods had reacted sooner to certain posts there would have been no need for a #DIPC club.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I can't believe it, where can I turn for help now?

'My name is enut, I'm addicted to Devon's thread and it's been 8 hours since my last post..........'

Agreed, I find it very strange that he can write some quite abusive and vindictive stuff on his thread, sometimes aimed at people who have little experience of Sky, and be allowed to get away with it. Most of us don't give a flying f for his comments (I'm in a team with Harry,  I can cope with anything), but others may not be as hard skinned.
  • edited January 2015
    Ok.

So I deliberately didnt post anything on the forum yesterday.

Time for some space and reflection I thought.

Having done that....

I apologise for some of my posts on the forum 2 days ago. I did kind of get caught up in the reaction to being on a certain ignore list. On reflection, childish, unecessary and I definitely didnt need to get involved in the recurrence of a dispute between a certain ex-team member and a team even if it was with good intentions. 

I stand by everything I posted before the ignore list as I was genuinely trying to help a player who I had always been respectful of and engaged with a lot during our respective challenges.

On the forum I will:

Stick to poker chat + a bit of real life stuff 

People will disagree with some of my opinions - I for one will embrace that because in poker and in life you can only learn from understanding other views and challenging your own. 

For people who can take a bit of banter I will engage in that too - I have a sense of humour and I like a laugh.

Seems things have calmed down now on the forum. Hope it stays that way.

Had a bad day at poker. Having chased a bit on PLO8 and realised I was being silly I started a "6max only session" and went on a horrendous cooler - ran into monster hands were you cant give credit for them early doors in a 6max - always wary in a dym as most players especially regs are not going all-in x5 the pot without the nuts. 6 max often on a draw or "protecting" TPTK so calling with top 2 pair and running into a str8 happens sometimes. Without notes I am insta calling in that sort of spot.

Recovered most of losses with a reversal of fortunes then bizarrely loaded a 10nl Omaha cash table in the early hours of the morning. Doh look away now please. Had run down from £10 BI with an extended card dead run and missed flop/facing action. There was one player who was always cbetting and I just never had the equity to play back. On reflection should have r/r in one spot.

Ultimately donked off rest of my chips with a very badly played top trips. I was oop and checked next player min bets and gets 2 callers I r/r pot and get one caller. I have my answer and know where the other A is yet still shove on a blank turn with only the K kicker and no flush draw. Miss the F/H opponent had it of course with a 7.

So back on the grind - 6max only - until the end of the month.

• edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Micro Management (B/R challenge from £39.64 on micro stakes). Reflection an apology and a car crash hand £14.14:
    I apologise for some of my posts on the forum 2 days ago. I did kind of get caught up in the reaction to being on a certain ignore list. On reflection, childish, unecessary and I definitely didnt need to get involved in the recurrence of a dispute between a certain ex-team member and a team even if it was with good intentions.Posted by Phantom66
    Meh, we have to have a bit of fun on the forum right?  As long as outright personal insults aren't involved it all helps to keep the place entertaining (which is the main purpose of Sky Poker...)

It's good to see you taking the more aggro approach to B/R management, just a shame the luck didn't pan out.

Do you have any re-deposit plans... giving yourself enough to play with to try and bink DTD or other such donkaments alongside the usual SNG games?
  • edited January 2015
    Hi Shaky - absolutely.

I use the forum for 2 reasons

To discuss poker and hopefully learn and improve. This diary is an attempt to keep me focused and disciplined (which clearly doesn't always work).

and.. to be social, Definitely helps to have people interact through diaries / poker clinic / in the chat box etc. Banter that is understood as just that is great to be involved in. I just don't want to look back at my own posts and think I have ridiculed someone who was not "in on the joke" which is the line I think I crossed recently.

In terms of BRM, I don't really want to have to redeposit, but if I have funds available I can definitely see the benefit in depositing a playable bankroll as opposed to grinding it up over small stakes.

Ultimately if I look back at this diary from a Caribbean beach it wont matter at all whether there was a cash injection early doors.

Plan A is to keep playing with this roll (now down to £10 after some poor luck in some dym bubble bingo).

I only have 9 games to go to complete the PLO8 100 challenge. My % has dropped recently so I am not winning any awards, I am going for the ladder challenge to see if I can spin up from 60p in the process.

Then it will be 6max when running or dyms ot see if I can quickly build a roll back up.

• edited January 2015
    Trying to rebuild my plo confidence.

A few winning cash sessions in plo at 4 and 10 action tables and 2 out of 6 in the plo8 spinup bravery cross side event to the 100 challenge.

A £5 bink from the vegas freeroll and im back up to 27.93.

Apart from 1st car crash session on plo finding my feet now. Does help when getting it in ahead i have mostly managed to stay ahead. Somehow plo seems alot simpler to play after a lot of plo8.

• edited January 2015
    Quick update.

It was going oh so well. After my car crash 1st PLO cash table in a while I had been steadily rebuilding the roll with 6 winning sessions in a row.

Then the inevitable downswing and £24 disappears in one session.

One terrible hand - I mean so baaad. A(A7)8 on a K73r board, I had preflop raised x2 callers and a player check-raises me all-in. Fold I think - obviously has set of kings but do I - no! call - #idiot - top set holds.

The other biggest pot I lost was fair enough imo AA(Q4) raise a flop bet on a 8(75) board they shove all-in - think I had the equity to call but their 2 pair improves to a str8 and no spades.

So down to £4.58.

Sums up my cash life really can build steady run of winning sessions then play for stacks on unecessary flips and make the odd stupid call to lose it + a bit more.

I will make one attempt to spin this up quickly and if it doesn't work I will reload.
  • edited January 2015
    Quick spin up attempt not going well!

4nl - aipf v table maniac AQ v KdQd  flop QJdx Ad 7d was fully expecting the Td on river just to rub my nose in it.

I'm going to try the dym double up challenge now.

• edited February 2015
    Ok so bust B/R now £0.03 - lost my £2.25 dym in the spin up challenge.

A bit of perspective...last night witnessed someone collapse and have a fight for their life - losing a few quid at poker is no big deal.

The unfortunate man was Ted Robbins aka Den Perry at Phoenix Nights Live. I had posted the fact I was going as a reason to be cheerful, and it was a fantastic comedy evening that all 4 of the family were enjoying, then it was cut short in tragic circumstances. 

It seems Ted is stable and expected to make a full recovery which is fantastic news.

I'll reload at some point this week and then make sure I double my points for the 3 FR in March. Seems a fantastic opportunity to spin up some holiday funds quickly.

Feb Target = 538 points, current = 3 points

Life's defintely too short or certainly can be - I will take a more aggressive approach to BRM in Feb/Mar and see where that gets me (probably a few reloads out of pocket) but you never know - I could just bink something.

Have fun and be safe
  • edited February 2015
    Wooohooo

Just logged in and found I have a free seat for tomorrow's Turbo open, must have binked a seat from Lola the Tombola (I still prefer the Riddle Randomiser or Jimmy for short)

Hoping to break my "free seats" duck tomorrow as yet to actually benefit from one in cash terms.

At least it will be 11 points towards my target for the 3xFR entries.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Micro Management (B/R challenge from £39.64 on micro stakes). 6-0 then I ****ed it up:
    Wooohooo Just logged in and found I have a free seat for tomorrow's Turbo open, must have binked a seat from Lola the Tombola (I still prefer the Riddle Randomiser or Jimmy for short) Hoping to break my "free seats" duck tomorrow as yet to actually benefit from one in cash terms. At least it will be 11 points towards my target for the 3xFR entries.
    Posted by Phantom66
    10 ;)

Gl sir, hope you take it down!
  • edited February 2015
    GL Phantom, smash it!! :)
  • edited February 2015
    Thanks.

Need to smash something before the "it" is my laptop.

Loaded £15.

£1 6max set under set gg
    FR AA cracked by Q6o (limp, called my raise, flop 66x - rivered Q just to rub it in) 

So then thought about my aggressive B/R pledge so I went for the 20nl level on the cash spin up.

Was sat on a waiting list, then left room and come back only 2 players left. Joined and one player left straight away. So HU for a while and doing ok v tight fairly passive opponent. More aggro 3rd player joined, then went down to us HU. A few hands into our HU spell and my 2nd nut flush lost to nut flush - sigh. Obviously wanted to play for stacks when I flopped the 2nd nut flush but didnt want to scare opponent who turned the nut flush. They had AA so I think stacks were going in however the hand played out.

So back down below £5. Will definitely wait until after the Turbo now before deciding on another reload or not.

Definitely need a change of fortune for tomorrow's turbo.

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: Micro Management (B/R challenge from £39.64 on micro stakes). 6-0 then I ****ed it up:
    In Response to Re: Micro Management (B/R challenge from £39.64 on micro stakes). 6-0 then I ****ed it up : 10 ;) Gl sir, hope you take it down!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Thanks - shows how little attention I normally play to points.
  • edited February 2015
    If it makes you feel better Phantom I am also starting over having had to withdraw my roll to pay for a new car. Lots of £1 6max for me in the next few weeks    ;)

Even though I have spent my roll it still feels like gone busto but been here before, off we go again!

• edited February 2015
    GL with the spinup Jim - nice to have something tangible for your past efforts

Hope to see you on the 6max sometime soon.

Plan to reload for the weekend now and hit some double points action.

Tonights Main started on a heater AA v JJ v 77 early doors for 2.5x stack and chip lead, then had JJ, KK, flopped straight and turned 2nd nut flush before 1st break. Lost a few when moved tables and then lost most of stack AA on BB v SB which made up then called my x3 raise. They then shoved J88 flop, called and they had A8. sigh. Had to shove unopened button with K9s and donated the remaining 4BBs to the big stack on the table. Fun while it lasted.
  • edited February 2015
    Hi Phantom

Still a great read.

Reload play 100 1.10 6 max make about 30 40 quid simples like you did last time. Because you boss 6 max 1.10s LOL.

then play a few 3.30s DYMs and 2.20s 6 max and make enough for your holiday

Simple plan really.

GL 

• edited February 2015
    Thanks Stuarty

Actually on recent form £1 6maxs are running awful and on a serious heater for £2 6max. I think it's just my aggro style at these running into a bit of variance +ve on £2 and -ve on £1.

As always with me it's a discipline issue and patience if the right games are not loading.

My £10 nl cash spin up attempt was probably just a bit too sporty - even if I had won the flush/flush hand it was always going to end badly if I carried on.

For the weekend my aim is to load £25 (added to the £15 already donked off, nets off against the £40 roll I started off with) so really - if I get the holiday and I dont deposit again then it will be a caribbean holiday for free (kind of).

Feb Target = 538 points, current = 40 points
  • edited February 2015
    Best of luck to you Phantom
  • edited February 2015
    OK.

So loaded up another £15 so I could play some of the PLO8 MTTS tonight.

Only had time to late reg the £200 guarantee FOSP £2 and the last £1 ones for the league.

Bust the £1 with an all-in that was chip lead or bust but FTd the £2 for a little score.

I lasted about 2 secs on the FT to bust 6th but had been playing aggro to try and get a stack with a chance of top 2 which was where the money was and ran into a strong AA hand. Had dwelled before my reraise all-in while the FT bubble burst.

So mini score and the bankroll is now £24.78.

Hopefully enough to start a spin up bid over the weekend and earn some decent points too.
  • edited February 2015
    Recent deposits were £30. Starting roll at challenge was £40 so actually -£45 overall.

Not sure where to go recording results wise - I'll keep posting my roll as that never lies and update OP to reflect new deposits so the profit/loss is calculable.

• edited February 2015
    Crazee hand from last nights FOSP £2 PLO8.

Set me up for my deep run so not complaining.

Given stacks and blinds I am 100% open pot raising and going to war pre if it comes to it.

Hated the x2 callers but when reraised I fully expect to be behind but have to call and expect to find myself heads up and in with a shout at least a split pot with plenty of dead money in the pot. But wait 2 callers again?

AA from reraiser expected, but pleasantly surprised to find myself favourite for a low when the cards are shown and then manage to totally luckbox a scoop. Just not sure what callers 1 and 2 were playing at?

Hand History #870701629 (22:36 05/02/2015)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    bbMike Small blind   300.00 300.00 24653.08
    shajicat11 Big blind   600.00 900.00 7687.50
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

Phantom66 Raise   2100.00 3000.00 2568.75
    1stcall
    Call   2100.00 5100.00 11904.37
    2ndcall
    Call   2100.00 7200.00 6445.64
    bighand Raise   10800.00 18000.00 13853.08
    shajicat11 Fold        
    Phantom66 All-in   2568.75 20568.75 0.00
    1stcall
    All-in   11904.37 32473.12 0.00
    2ndcall
    All-in   6445.64 38918.76 0.00
    bighand Call   2904.37 41823.13 10948.71
    bighand Show
    • A
    • J
    • A

Phantom66 Show
    • Q
    • A

1stcall
    Show
    • K
    • K

2ndcall
    Show
    • A

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

Phantom66 Win high Straight to the 7 9637.52   9637.52
    bighand Win high Pair of Aces 11274.06   22222.77
    Phantom66 Win low 6-low 9637.48   19275.00
    2ndcall
    Win low 7-low 2907.67   2907.67
    bighand
    Win low 7-low 8366.40   30589.17

• edited February 2015
    Haven't exactly filled my boots on double points yet.

Short sessions each evening. Break even Friday and Saturday, Sunday 2/2 @£3 PLO8 and a small profit on the 5/5 PLO cash.

Target = 538 points, current 113

Been unwell/busy and travelling across the country.

Will try harder next weekend and keep ticking over through the week.

B/R up to £32.27.
  • edited February 2015
    Finally broke my recent £1 nl 6max curse and won one.

Seems like the first for like ever.

Had been a long bubble with 3 roughly equal stacks then I dropped a few and go heads up big chip dog when bigger stack bust the other player. Then had a fantastic run winning 10 pots in a row to win. Final hand was 88 > A9 flip when I was chip lead. Before then I won most pots uncontested pre and only had one showdown where I outkicked opponent with 2nd pair.

Just before table closed I noticed the comment "luckbox" in the chat - had to lol at that one. Was that because I won 1 flip? Or perhaps they were assuming I had high premium hands  x10 in a row?
  • edited February 2015
    Target = 538 points, current 206

Bit behind schedule on the points chase for the x3 freerolls. However a couple of decent sessions during next weekends double points should see me through.

This weekend had an early night with Mrs P on valentines day - unfortunately that was me keeping her company while she was poorly.

Went to the Phoenix Nights matinee yesterday that had been put on free for those of us who had attended opening night. Great afternoon out - enjoyed the rerun of the 1st half - especially thanks to a couple of rewrites and "in jokes" to those of making the 2nd trip. 

If the fake yoyo or tomgoodun are reading you'll be pleased to know Clinton Baptiste makes an appearance and yes the "n" word is used.

Getting really excited now for the buildup to PNE v Man Utd. Can't help feeling though that after all the fuss about Rooney playing in midfield he may be treated to a night up front and may just bag himself a hattrick.

Will be a fantastic atmosphere whatever happens though and you never know. Could spring a surprise and be a game away from wembley. 

Poker results haven't been great had a run of AKs<AQ (river str8) AK<ATs (river flush) and a couple of other dominating hands losing to rivered trips. That was all in the one 6max so not too much harm done. Some other cloon on the table had started a site is rigged in the chat and when I questioned them on it they proceeded to type vnh every time I was rivered. Smashing fella eh. Perhaps they had their finger on the Riddle button every time I was all-in?

A bad run at PLO8 and some cash losses mean I am only on £14.87.

Will have to stick to £1 SNGs for a the rest of the week and try and get a buffer for some higher entries when its double points. 

• edited February 2015
    Can't complain about the footie, even accounting for the debates on the goals I'm not complaining. Offside (technically wasn't with current interpretation of the law but I think that sucks and not just because of that goal) the Fellaini push and the dive/penalty (can see why it was given challenge was reckless but rooney clearly could have stayed on his feet but chose to go to ground).

Just nice to be part of a full stadium and great atmosphere and the performance from PNE was good. Promotion is the main aim. Kept the recent league run going yesterday and Bristol and Swindon tripped up so looks like being a close run thing for those 2 important places. PNE have the worst record in play-offs so I really don't want to go down the route again.

Poker-wise, been low volume and with a low B/R could be tricky making enough points for the freerolls, especially if my DYM form carries on. Too many failed attempts at the spinup but blame that on the crazy play at 60p £1 right? I'll be allright at proper levels like £3 and pick up some low variance points at the weekend. Nooo way. Doesnt help when on the bubble I am the shortie with one other and they do the dream thing and shove into my SB when I have AA. JJ hits for a set and its gg. Then next bubble I shove 88 and big stack wakes up with AA - no reversal of fortunes as they make quads just to rub it in. Sigh.

6max's going ok although took some tough beats to miss a few opportunities for wins.

Current roll £12, current points 261, Target of 538 could be out of reach.

• edited February 2015
    Literally spun up the roll to over £25 thanks in the main to the mastercash spinup challenge.

Roll was hovering around 12/14 and I decided to go for a quick spin up attempt and reload if unsuccessful.

Wasn't looking too good at first, lost 1st BI at 10nl but 2nd BI managed a fairly steady and risk free climb up to £10.04.

The 20nl went quite quickly when not far in AK hit a Kxx ds flop. I was c/r all-in and opponent had ATs. I held for once and having doubled up to £20.40 cashed out - only to realise I should have carried on until £25 for the challenge. Never mind - the profit has me back up with a bit of breathing space for a run of SNGs and I am now on 299 points, the +25% FR is within easy reach now and if I can get some volume on in Fri/Sat for double points should get the +50% and may even take a shot for the +100% one.

• edited February 2015
    Feeling a bit dirty this morning.

I know that I should be loyal to my long term partner 6max sng tables. recently I have been frustrated by dym losses and static 6max results with a run of bad beats when hu.

I am ashamed to say I have started to stray into the arms of the temptress that is nl cash. Not only that but I have been playing very dirty. Short stacking and hit and running. After the previous profitable but premature ending I had to start again at 10nl with £5.

Yesterday I managed to double up again. Some tentative teasing up to £7 then wham c/r allin. I had reraised pre in position with AT then cbet after 2 checks on a T85 rainbow flop. Opponent had 67 and missed. Ooh the thrill the excitement and a happy ending.

feel especially dirty about leaving without saying goodbye. I was on the mobile app so couldn't give a usual apology for leaving after the double up and explaining it was for the spinup attempt. 

All seen a boost to the b/r up to 35.45. A couple of sessions ago at the start of this affair I nearly lost everything. I still could of course. Which makes this all the more of a dilemma. Of course I still love my 6max long term partner and i haven't forgotten my plo8 friends either. 

So genuinely don't know how this will carry on. Risky thrills and dubious morals or familiarity and comfort with long term love? 

• edited February 2015
    Quick update on the stats as I realised I have hit 400 SNGs since this thread started.

Overall 6max numbers holding up but DYMs really took a slide lately - too much red.

As you will know by now that is not the full picture bankroll wise!

I'll be trying to get as many double points in as can Thu-Sat to see high many FRs I can qualify for.
     entriesbuy-inrakewinningsprofitROI
    NL dym £0.6015£7.50£1.50£5.00-£4.00-44.4%
    NL 6max £1.10108£108.00£10.80£143.70£24.9021.0%
    NL dym £1.1514£14.00£2.10£14.00-£2.10-13.0%
    NL 6max £2.2053£106.00£10.60£171.60£55.0047.2%
    NL dym  £2.2514£28.00£3.50£28.00-£3.50-11.1%
    NL 6max £3.3015£45.00£4.50£42.30-£7.20-14.5%
    NL dym £3.3037£111.00£11.10£126.00£3.903.2%
    NL 6max £5.501£5.00£0.50£19.50£14.00254.5%
    PLO8 dym £0.6017£8.50£1.70£11.00£0.807.8%
    PLO8 dym £1.1518£18.00£2.70£26.00£5.3025.6%
    PLO8 dym £2.259£18.00£2.25£12.00-£8.25-40.7%