You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Micro Management (Just in case you were wondering - still here (ish) )

123457»

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Bit of a rethink lately - working so far (touching lots of wood as I type this - and no hhy not in that way)

My cash spinups were yo-yoing abit so put them on hold, in fact £35 from my previous post was about the peak and I ended up back down at around £15.

There was a points promotion on and I wanted points to meet the FR entries.

6max is not a place to gain points.

So I thought about what to do and decided.

1. NL cash - not really rolled BUT had been having some success when spinning up, it was just the restrictions of being on the absolute min buy-in on a deepstack table and not being able to top up make it really hard to win consistently. So I decided to try 1 or 2 tables with a short but not minimum stack. I also made some adjustments to my game based on my spinup attempts, and I try and table select with 1 or 2 shorter stacks.

2. Played some (mainly turbo) dyms. Dyms much quicker to fill than 6max and obviously turbos great for points. In my recent dym failed spinup attempts I had learned a lot about how NOT to play low buy-in turbo dyms. I made some sdjustments and Friday night was my last night of Feb points play as I knew I was out Saturday for a family meal. I won 8/9 sngs at £2 and £3 BI. Obviously some rungood AQ /> AA and after K9s button shove hit and lost to AT and left me with 55 chips I managed to spin that up from 5 handed to win another one I shouldn't have. In fact the only SNG I lost was a  bubble bad beat in a £3 6max, the only non turbo dym in the run of the 9.

Achieved 439 points, enough for the 50% up your game freeroll.

More importantly B/R up now to £49.50.

Now I am under no illusions that I have found a "magic winning formula" at either NL cash or DYMs and there was a dose of rungood behind the run from £15 to £49.50.

However while there are double points on especially I will be focussing on dyms and cash.

If it is looking like a more profitable option due to the increased volume possible then I may just stick with them.

I still prefer to play 6max and I really enjoy PLO8 so they will remain part of my game, I just think that to be able to win money only playing short bursts at a time, then turbo dyms and NL cash seem the better option. I just need to put the thought in and work at those games.

I think a change of mentality has helped too. I am embracing these formats rather than playing them grudgingly because the 6max's aren't loading.
  • edited March 2015
    Very well done Phantom, gl for March and the freerolls! Think I've just scraped my way into one! :)
  • edited March 2015
    Thanks Mrs D.

I was actually helped along by some duck power...

Hand History #880179892 (09:13 01/03/2015)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    jahsam Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £17.25
    Meeksy5 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £5.27
    KOmustgo Big blind   £0.10 £0.25 £4.70
      Your hole cards

LA367 Call   £0.10 £0.35 £7.56
    KOmustgo Check        
    Phantom66 Call   £0.10 £0.45 £14.29
    jahsam Call   £0.05 £0.50 £17.20
    Meeksy5 Check        
    Flop

• J
    • K

jahsam Check        
    Meeksy5 Check        
    LA367 Check        
    KOmustgo Bet   £0.30 £0.80 £4.40
    Phantom66 Raise   £0.88 £1.68 £13.41
    jahsam Fold        
    Meeksy5 Call   £0.88 £2.56 £4.39
    LA367 Call   £0.88 £3.44 £6.68
    KOmustgo Call   £0.58 £4.02 £3.82
    Turn

Meeksy5 Check        
    LA367 Check        
    KOmustgo Check        
    Phantom66 All-in   £2.02 £6.04 £11.39
    Meeksy5 Fold        
    LA367 Fold        
    KOmustgo All-in   £2.02 £8.06 £1.80
    KOmustgo Show
    • K

Phantom66 Show

River

• Q

Phantom66 Win Three 2s £7.50   £18.89
  • edited April 2015
    OK. So for the 1 or 2 of you out there who might be wondering...

I am still around, only due to extreme work related business and having gone bustio I am not playing much atm.

I was having a bit of fun early in the month, experimenting with turbo DYMs and cash mainly capped 10nl tables, yo-yoing abit until 861s last broadcast.

I blame that on the ensuing tilt that saw me play a very overly aggressive bankroll and started playing £5 turbo dyms. Standard did not seem much better than £2 but lady variance was against me.

So here I am waiting for my £4.34 points to be credited, or get a cash in a FR tourney and I'll start afresh.

On 861 very sad to see it go... Best memory personally was one night I had posted on the show thread and when it was read out Tikay gave me a shout out and said how he knew my wife and been very poorly and wished her and I all the best.

Priceless customer engagement - don't see how that will be quite the same with new format - but hope to be proved wrong.

GL all
  • edited April 2015
    Update... I now have the incredible roll of £0.12 thanks to a 40th in the 2pm FR.

Thought I had bubbled too when my A8 shove was called by 73s and of course rivered the flush.

Any chance of some 1p/2p games Sky?
  • edited April 2015
    <3 good luck Phantom!
    Too stubborn to deposit?
  • edited April 2015
    Good luck Phantom, i have enjoyed reading your posts and find myself in a similar position....of waiting for points of about £7 to come through, after wasting my last £20 on a horse that was an ew sure thing that came 4th but ew was 3places after a late withdrawn horse ! Also will try and be crushing freerolls, no good in the 2pm roll on the 5.30 plo and 1am nlh.!
  • edited April 2015
    Thanks Mrs D and A2S.

Not too stubborn no, just being disciplined and focusing on the pile of work I need to do.

Without a roll it's alot easier to stop playing for a while.

Hoping to have some play time in a week or 2 and will set myself a spin up challenge. 

One thing that does hurt is that in mad spell of turbo dym multitabling I lost track of my SNG results. If there are any s/scopers who wouldnt mind giving me a breakdown by BI and game type of my SNG results since 4th March 16:50 I would be most grateful. Wont be pretty reading as I had a nightmare session but I would like to keep my results accurate.

• edited April 2015
    First session back didnt go too well.

B/R wise only realistic option was to start at 30p dyms.

P3 L3 - Wont turn this into a BBV post but... AA<77, KQs < J2s to bust 1st game and flopped nut straight with AK aipf v KJ then runner runner for a FH, 88 ran into JJ.

Also lost a non B/R wise £1 6max - didnt help that I had accidently regged for that and the 3rd dym at the same time on my phone and my laptop isnt the quickest of starters at the moment so lost quite a few chips before 2nd table could open.

In my period of poker abstinence (nothing to do with lent, that was chocolate - very difficult for me but I did it!) I did find myself dabbling in a bit of chess. I have a couple of apps on my phone - seem to hovering around 1500 ELO which I am ok with seeing as I hadnt picked up a chess piece seriously since leaving school (ahem a few years back).

I probably should be higher - but keep making stupid blunders to cost me games and in pro mode (needed to get a rating) there is no undo button. 

The computer game does have some flaws at the level I play (6 on Chess free by AI) - I managed to get a draw from a K v K+Q situation with repeated position which was rather a surprise. I will hopefully move up a level or 2 soon. Back in the day I had a chess computer with 8 levels - I could routinely beat it at level 7 - level 8 just took too long about 1 move every 12 hours! Incredible that a ruddy phone can beat me now - sigh. I do hope that is more to do with advances in tech than the deterioration of my brain.

• edited April 2015
    Wow another month over, nearly.

Poker wise not much to report - had to wait for my points to arrive. So added to my 12p FR win on 1st April I had a B/R of £4.46 on 9th. Then went on a dym streak of 7 losses to nearly go busto. Clawed it back and I'm finishing on £8.12 so at least it has been a profitable month.

In other news - I bought an electric chainsaw - and cut some logs up - boring? well to read about in a poker forum maybe - but to do - wow. Haven't had that much fun with DIY since I took an angle grinder to my former garage.

The mighty Stones are champions - hoorah!

PNE are putting me through the wringer. A fantastic unbeaten streak at the end of the season and promotion is in our hands. However in 2 games we snatched a draw from the jaws of victory and I have a horrible feeling that could come back to haunt us.

Work very busy - hence not so much poker. Slowly getting over the loss of 861. Not overly excited about the 2 hour show, it may grow on me. Hoping there will be some more content available through other formats sometime soon.

Also started an evening course - L3 education and teaching. any tips or 2nd hand books Mrs D?

Been on the forum a bit more lately - reading some of my posts back they may be a bit provocative - meant to be friendly banter. One day I WILL meet some of you and buy a round of drinks and you may just appreciate that I am a decent kind of bloke (or just take the drink and carry on thinking I am a doorknob - s'up to you).

Wont be MK though - Please, please come to Blackpool/Manchester/Bolton some time and I will be there.
  • edited April 2015
    PS ELO chess rating down to 1450. Seems I haven't been concentrating as hard as I should thinking I had cracked that level and I keep making costly mistakes. Sound familiar?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Micro Management (Just in case you were wondering - still here (ish) ):
    Wow another month over, nearly. Poker wise not much to report - had to wait for my points to arrive. So added to my 12p FR win on 1st April I had a B/R of £4.46 on 9th. Then went on a dym streak of 7 losses to nearly go busto. Clawed it back and I'm finishing on £8.12 so at least it has been a profitable month. In other news - I bought an electric chainsaw - and cut some logs up - boring? well to read about in a poker forum maybe - but to do - wow. Haven't had that much fun with DIY since I took an angle grinder to my former garage. The mighty Stones are champions - hoorah! PNE are putting me through the wringer. A fantastic unbeaten streak at the end of the season and promotion is in our hands. However in 2 games we snatched a draw from the jaws of victory and I have a horrible feeling that could come back to haunt us. Work very busy - hence not so much poker. Slowly getting over the loss of 861. Not overly excited about the 2 hour show, it may grow on me. Hoping there will be some more content available through other formats sometime soon. Also started an evening course - L3 education and teaching. any tips or 2nd hand books Mrs D? Been on the forum a bit more lately - reading some of my posts back they may be a bit provocative - meant to be friendly banter. One day I WILL meet some of you and buy a round of drinks and you may just appreciate that I am a decent kind of bloke (or just take the drink and carry on thinking I am a doorknob - s'up to you). Wont be MK though - Please, please come to Blackpool/Manchester/Bolton some time and I will be there.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Never had a problem with any of your posts Phantom, until you put that Benidorm pic up.

I'm sure all of us regret posts we put up from time to time, but hey ho it is the nature of the forum.  I know I have went back to edit a few, only to find out it is too late. 

FWIW I think you are a decent kind of bloke, but then again I thought DB lovely young lady until you and Mick scarred my mind forever.