You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change?

Comments

• edited October 2014
    So why have they been saying "at least 7 seats" all the way through up until last Sunday?
  • edited October 2014
    and announced in the same way that it was announced that there would be a supersat every saturday, until there wasn't!

• edited October 2014

....maybe, just maybe.....the extra TOURNAMENT package could of only been 'created' after one of the CASH kings could not take it. Hence, Sky would not want to upset a 'big player' on the site and came up with this free roll idea after paying the player off to keep him/her sweet.

.....Just my NO evidence whatsoever theory BTW....just thought I would add to the debate.

I also think if some of the so called big players were that bothered about it, things could be sorted for the bubble position. Their rake back this month will be huge! I would actually be against this though, as folk have already pointed out, the rules were in place before the commencement of this final.

I will go and hide now :)

Bloody UL Rose BTW, I feel your pain after so many (but none as big) bubbles in the past.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the awful change?:
    ....maybe, just maybe.....the extra TOURNAMENT package could of only been 'created' after one of the CASH kings could not take it. Hence, Sky would not want to upset a 'big player' on the site and came up with this free roll idea after paying the player off to keep him/her sweet. .....Just my NO evidence whatsoever theory BTW....just thought I would add to the debate. I also think if some of the so called big players were that bothered about it, things could be sorted for the bubble position. Their rake back this month will be huge! I would actually be against this though, as folk have already pointed out, the rules were in place before the commencement of this final. I will go and hide now :) Bloody UL Rose BTW, I feel your pain after so many (but none as big) bubbles in the past.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Oh yeah I forgot, Mr Pinkstone the Hammers fan.... Btw very unlucky Rose.
  • edited October 2014
    no 1 play the freeroll and give the seat to irish rose    dnt understand the cash aswell as a punta carna package u could of got an extra 2 punta carna seats in
  • edited October 2014
    I guess I'll just have to look on the bright side (if I can call it that lol) - If I was playing in Punta Cana I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to play any of the UKOPS games from 4th November onwards as I'd be outside the UK???  
  • edited October 2014
    so
    we seem to have a number of peeps who feel the bubble cash change has been a negative development.

• edited October 2014
    But no answer as to why it happened
    or whether it'll happen again. 
  • edited October 2014
    And other than an apologist for skypoker making major changes as long as it is in the t&cs we still don't know
    1. Why make this change
    2. Can it be changed back in future

come on sky
    a response please
    more than happy to hear some rationale
    and happier still to hear about future plans

• edited October 2014
    And other than an apologist for skypoker making major changes as long as it is in the t&cs we still don't know
    1. Why make this change
    2. Can it be changed back in future

come on sky
    a response please
    more than happy to hear some rationale
    and happier still to hear about future plans

• edited October 2014

Geldy, I get the feeling the change in bubble cash was a one off for this event.

Do Sky really have to justify themselves for altering it? Not really. It was all laid out before the promo even began, regardless of whether people read the T and C's or not.

There was only 7 seats. 8th was always gonna be zilch.

• edited October 2014
    Was this clause about what would happen if there was cash left over in the original Terms & Conditions, or was it added later when it was becoming a distinct possibility?
  • edited October 2014
    fchd we don't know - no one seems to have a copy of the original t&cs
    harry likewise we don't know and that is what I'm trying to find out. I'm only interested in the rationale in case there are some smart points I'm not aware of. 
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change?:
    fchd we don't know - no one seems to have a copy of the original t&cs harry likewise we don't know and that is what I'm trying to find out. I'm only interested in the rationale in case there are some smart points I'm not aware of. 
    Posted by GELDY
    I have posted the link to it several times.  
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : I have posted the link to it several times.  
    Posted by cenachav
    apologies
    i didn't realise those were the original t&cs
    i thought it was just the latest version.
  • edited October 2014
    I've just been to look at your link again and it still seems to be the latest version not the original. Do you have an original copied somewhere? 
  • edited October 2014
    And to be clear I'm not that fussed about whether the new plan was in those terms at the beginning. it would have been nice to have been informed about a major change to the satellites bubble policy but that is all history. I'm more worried about what might happen in future.  hence my persistence on this thread to try to find out what sky is planning in advance. 
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the awful change?:
    And other than an apologist for skypoker making major changes as long as it is in the t&cs we still don't know 1. Why make this change 2. Can it be changed back in future come on sky a response please more than happy to hear some rationale and happier still to hear about future plans
    Posted by GELDY
    Geldy.  FYI, It's Sky's site.  They can structure the tournaments however they want to.  It's then up to us to decide if we want to play them or not.  Sky set out what would happen if there was excess money BEFORE any sats were played.  To say this is fine print is just wrong.  It was set out before the satillite structure was shown.  As no one said anything before then I just don't get why people are complaining now.  It was even set out in Tikays thread on the day of the final.  Again no one said anything about it before.  If you don't say anything, or do anything, before when all the facts are freely available to you then you lose all right to complain after.
  • edited October 2014
    I've just been to look at your link again and it seems to be the latest version not the original. Do you have an original copied somewhere? 
    Posted by GELDY
    THEY HAVEN'T CHANGED!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited October 2014
    cenachav

i thought you were a nice guy when we met at an SPT but now you are starting to p*ss me off. I'm trying to find out if skypoker intends on using this bubble system in future because if that is the case i am going to be less interested in taking part. and I'm not the only one with this view. Why you are continuously trying to derail my thread i don't know. 
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : THEY HAVEN'T CHANGED!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by cenachav
    prove it! 
    On second thoughts don't because it isn't relevant to my questions. 
  • edited October 2014
    And to be clear I'm not that fussed about whether the new plan was in those terms at the beginning. it would have been nice to have been informed about a major change to the satellites bubble policy but that is all history. I'm more worried about what might happen in future.  hence my persistence on this thread to try to find out what sky is planning in advance. 
    Posted by GELDY
    Won't that depend on what packages they offer in the future / can't really be made public until they decide on those packages?  Can't see how Sky can answer your query until satellites start for the next big event.

I assume that as this was a full holiday package, there would only be so many rooms available at the hotel and they can't just magic up a spare room to add to the satellite a couple of weeks before the holiday date...

...yeah they could take the one from the freeroll, but then that's at the expense of another promo, which probably drives more traffic for the site through people trying to earn enough points to enter and have a free shot at the prize... and then what if there had been enough in the Punta final for 9 packages... we'd end up with this same thread and no spare hotel spaces to take (unless there is another promo on top of the freeroll, which we are yet to know about!)

I can't see that there would be the same issue (looking short term) if it's a sat to an online event where there is always room for one more seat (hence the UKOPS appear to take a more 1-in-5 approach without overlay going to the winners).
  • edited October 2014
    cenachav i thought you were a nice guy when we met at an SPT but now you are starting to p*ss me off. I'm trying to find out if skypoker intends on using this bubble system in future because if that is the case i am going to be less interested in taking part. and I'm not the only one with this view. Why you are continuously trying to derail my thread i don't know. 
    Posted by GELDY
    Fair enough you want clarification, but seems pretty clear to me that Punta Cana was a unique event, and thus had a unique bubble feature for the final.

All the UKOPS sats will run normally I would've thought. Not sure why you're so desperate to know now what the bubble structure might be for, say, an event in February (UKPC). Is it really that important?
  • edited October 2014
    ps huge commiserations to Rose, can't even imagine how much it must suck to bubble something like this :(
  • edited October 2014
    Don't know if they changed t's & c's or not,surely a 1 in 5 sat that gets more runners than they want & becomes 1 in 6 or higher is -ev in encouraging runners.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : Fair enough you want clarification, but seems pretty clear to me that Punta Cana was a unique event, and thus had a unique bubble feature for the final. All the UKOPS sats will run normally I would've thought. Not sure why you're so desperate to know now what the bubble structure might be for, say, an event in February (UKPC). Is it really that important?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    yeah the ukops question was a bit tonque in cheek, but also to make the point that we still haven't heard from sky about this MAJOR change to their bubble policy - i'm more interested in future VLVs and Punta Cana's. And if we have to put up with the T&Cs that we are given at the beginning of the promotion then it's highly important that we communicate what we want and don't want to see in advance.

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : yeah the ukops question was a bit tonque in cheek, but also to make the point that we still haven't heard from sky about this MAJOR change to their bubble policy - i'm more interested in future VLVs and Punta Cana's. And if we have to put up with the T&Cs that we are given at the beginning of the promotion then it's highly important that we communicate what we want and don't want to see in advance.
    Posted by GELDY
    Said before but shall reiterate; I don't think this is the new system going forward. I think it was a one off for the PC promo. Unique promotion, unique bubble.

And if VLV does return (don't hold your breath), then that's months away, ditto for Punta Cana if they run that again.

You seem to be getting agitated by it when there really is no need to.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : Said before but shall reiterate; I don't think this is the new system going forward. I think it was a one off for the PC promo. Unique promotion, unique bubble. And if VLV does return (don't hold your breath), then that's months away, ditto for Punta Cana if they run that again. You seem to be getting agitated by it when there really is no need to.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    my question exactly - is it? I appreciate you don't think so, and i hope not so, but how about a comment from those who are implementing it as to whether they intend so. and as i said, if the first we know of a new promo is when they publish the t&cs then we need to get some focus on it beforehand, otherwise we'll be back in cena's "it's in the t&cs - too late to change them" situation
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : my question exactly - is it? I appreciate you don't think so, and i hope not so, but how about a comment from those who are implementing it as to whether they intend so. and as i said, if the first we know of a new promo is when they publish the t&cs then we need to get some focus on it beforehand, otherwise we'll be back in cena's "it's in the t&cs - too late to change them" situation
    Posted by GELDY
    Ok lets imagine this is the new bubble going forward. What does it matter right now? There doesn't appear to be any live events on the horizon. Might be wrong but the next feasible one would seem to be the UKPC if they run it again in February......we're not even in November, why the desperate need to know this instance what the bubble structure will be?
  • edited October 2014
    the need is to alert skypoker to the fact that some of us think the recent change is not good, and so they can plan it to be better next time.

#sigh being slated for being too slow by some and too quick by others