You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change?

Comments

• edited October 2014

Morning.

I really don't exactly know why the Punta Cana Final payout structure was done the way it was.

I can confirm, however, because I got the answer from Upstairs, that this was a "one off".

What would happen if they did another Punta Cana or similar? No idea - let's wait until it happens, & I'm sure, next time, everyone will make sure that all the info is clearly & properly communicated from Day One. Also, I did make every effort to let everyone know the score last weekend.

More follows.....

• edited October 2014

There were a number of things about Punta Cana that were different to what Sky Poker had previously done.

I'm not at liberty to tell you (in many cases I don't know myself) the what why & when of stuff, some of it is commercially sensitive, & the Business, whilst it DOES need to communicate well with its Clients, does not need to justify every little bit of detail.

When Tesco put bread on Special Offer, they don't always tell us why, as they don't necessarily want those pesky upstarts at Sainsbury to know.

Most of you will, or should have, worked out why some of the Punta Cana stuff was a little different to previous stuff, VLV for example.

Online Poker now has an enormously restrictive & complex Regulatory structure, & Sky Poker have to ensure they met ALL regulatory criteria.

For example, & this has been the case for some years, it is not permitted to promote "Overseas Gaming", so for Punta Cana, as with VLV, it was always promoted as a "Holiday Package". This is wholly permissable within the regulatory framework.

Now consider the Accounting procedures in a large, very well structured & organised major business such as SB&G. When the Sky Poker Head Bloke wanders into the Accountants office & says "I need $100,000 in cash, (and it IS cash) to buy a bunch of players into a poker tounament in Atlantic City USA or wherever", believe me, he is going to get some funny looks.

Partly, that was why VLV has been a headache the last few years, which is a great shame, as EVERYONE wants to do VLV.

For Punta Cana, a different approach was taken, the packages were purchased from a third party, which solved a LOT of regulatory & administrative headaches. It caused a few too, which is why some hoops have been jumped through, & not everyone liked how it worked.

But it DID work, & it worked well. Despite a fair bit of negative noise, the various Punta Cana Promotions all performed above expectation, players did want to get involved & did so in huge numbers. OK, some furrowed brows ensued, they know that, but it was a success.

It also means that those - like me - that yearn for VLV to return should not give up hope - I would say, personally, that there is now, most definitely, a much better chance of VLV returning. I'm not saying it will, but I guarantee you, it has a better chance now than previously.

I'll get the usual poo-pooing for explaining all this, but so be it, I don't mind. I think it's good to talk, & to try, where possible, & without giving away commercially sensitive stuff, to encourage dialogue & a better understanding between the Business & the Players. My views don't count for much in Head Office, I'm the water-carriers deputy assistant, so they don't always share this sort of stuff with me, but I do hope that some of this helps players understand what's what.

OK, I hope all those who won Punta Cana packages have a great time.

Meanwhile, all sorts of other exciting plans are in gestation, but first up, let's all enjoy UKOPS X1.     

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change?:
    Morning. I really don't exactly know why the Punta Cana Final payout structure was done the way it was.   I can confirm, however, because I got the answer from Upstairs, that this was a "one off". What would happen if they did another Punta Cana or simular? No idea - let's wait until it happens, & I'm sure, next time, everyone will make sure that all the info is clearly & properly communicated from Day One. Also, I did make every effort to let everyone know the score last weekend. More follows.....  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks TK
    Most appreciative (and it is thanks to your post on Sunday am that i saw the bubble change)
    Yearning for that VLV (with sensible bubble structure)
  • edited October 2014
    I for one am glad Sky are prepared to jump through the necessary regulatory hoops to be able to put on promotions into poker events around the world.

The rules have very much tightened from the days where every online site were satelliting players in to the WSOP main event, but as long as there as legal ways in which the sites can offer these packages, then I think players should be prepared to be a bit flexible aswell as to how the structure has to work.

I thought the satellite tree was very fair, and I like the 1 in 5 progress.  It feels right.

Well done Sky, and let's hope Viva Las Vegas can happen next year.
  • edited October 2014
    I for one am glad Sky are prepared to jump through the necessary regulatory hoops to be able to put on promotions into poker events around the world. The rules have very much tightened from the days where every online site were satelliting players in to the WSOP main event, but as long as there as legal ways in which the sites can offer these packages, then I think players should be prepared to be a bit flexible aswell as to how the structure has to work. I thought the satellite tree was very fair, and I like the 1 in 5 progress.  It feels right. Well done Sky, and let's hope Viva Las Vegas can happen next year.
    Posted by Fortunatus
    Hi UKPC 6-Max Champ.

AS I said earlier, the Office don't share much stuff with me, & that's right & proper, but I do have big ears, & ask a lot of questions of them, so I get to hear this & that.

And I did learn that they had done a whole bunch of deep market research, including with existing players, & one of THE most requested things was more "Punta Cana" style Promos.

So that may have been part of the catalyst for Punta Cana, & we can all see how popular it was overall, even allowing for the inevitable teething probs & gripes. As poker players, we are not exactly easy to please. 

So, fingers crossed, & unless I have misinterpreted the smoke signals, we may well see more of that sort of thing on Sky Poker going forward. Personally, I hope so, the buzz was awesome.

Plenty of other stuff coming along too, fingers crossed.

You spent all that UKPC lolly yet?

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? :   AS I said earlier, the Office don't share much stuff with me, & that's right & proper, but I do have big ears, & ask a lot of questions of them, so I get to hear this & that.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Noddy has said please let his mate go.....enough of your interrogation!

Q. Were ALL the packages 'won' taken up? 
    I understand you may not know the answer to this/not at liberty to say/wish to not answer

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : Noddy has said please let his mate go.....enough of your interrogation! Q. Were ALL the packages 'won' taken up?  I understand you may not know the answer to this/not at liberty to say/wish to not answer
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi Alan,

I honestly don't know.

I don't plan to ask, either, it's not within my remit really.

I suspect - I don't know for sure - but I fancy they might just tell me it is none of my business. I don't mind asking reasonable questions when necessary, but I'm at the time of life when I prefer to avoid ruffling feathers if I can help it, so I mostly sit nice & quiet in the corner, & hope they don't notice I'm still here.....

Pardon me asking, but it's a genuine question - why does it matter to, say, you & me, if packages were or were not taken up? Sorry if I'm missing the point.

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : Hi Alan, I honestly don't know. I don't plan to ask, either, it's not within my remit really. I suspect - I don't know for sure - but I fancy they might just tell me it is none of my business. I don't mind asking reasonable questions when necessary, but I'm at the time of life when I prefer to avoid ruffling feathers if I can help it, so I mostly sit nice & quiet in the corner, & hope they don't notice I'm still here..... Pardon me asking, but it's a genuine question - why does it matter to, say, you & me, if packages were or were not taken up? Sorry if I'm missing the point.   
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks for the reply. (thought you would have liked my 1st line about Noddy, lol)

It just seemed strange to me that this 'extra' last chance package has appeared now. I for one are glad it has, as it will be great for some one to go there on a freeroll and experience a possible once in a life time trip.
  • edited October 2014
    You spent all that UKPC lolly yet?    
    Posted by Tikay10
    It's slowly being spent on my behalf ;)

All on nice stuff though.  Doing bits to the house, spoiling family (especially nieces and nephews), a bit of poker bankroll and looking to plan a Vegas trip next year (although heading out with SkyPoker would be a lot more fun :) )

Just enjoying it.  Feels like ages ago, but starting to look forward to watching it all back in a few weeks on TV.

Looking forward to whatever the powers that be have in store going forward, whether that be more UKPC, more SPT or more 3rd party event promotions.  It's all good to me.  :)
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : Thanks for the reply. (thought you would have liked my 1st line about Noddy, lol) It just seemed strange to me that this 'extra' last chance package has appeared now. I for one are glad it has, as it will be great for some one to go there on a freeroll and experience a possible once in a life time trip.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    As I said Alan, I honestly don't know.

It may have been planned all along, I've no idea.

Equally, maybe they kept one up their sleeve, for emergencies, & it was not needed? Maybe someone could not accept (or be offered) the Package for some reason.

There could be any number of reasons I guess.

One thing that made this different to, say, the old VLV Promos is that with VLV, it did not matter how many packages were won, (the more the better), as it was paid for a different way. 

But with Punta Cana, if I understood it correctly, they had to pre-purchase X packages in advance - exactly "X"  I assume - so that reduces flexibility, & adds a bit of a straitjacket to the whole thing. 

I actually thought the old style VLV package, where the qualifiers were met at the Airport, & generally "looked after" by a familiar face from Sky Poker, was the bees knees, but all this new Regulation malarky has changed the way poker sites have to work, & there's not much can be done about that.

Again, improved Regulation is a good thing, a very good thing imo, but it comes with a few negatives, too, like everything.

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : Hi Alan, I honestly don't know. I don't plan to ask, either, it's not within my remit really. I suspect - I don't know for sure - but I fancy they might just tell me it is none of my business. I don't mind asking reasonable questions when necessary, but I'm at the time of life when I prefer to avoid ruffling feathers if I can help it, so I mostly sit nice & quiet in the corner, & hope they don't notice I'm still here..... Pardon me asking, but it's a genuine question - why does it matter to, say, you & me, if packages were or were not taken up? Sorry if I'm missing the point.   
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Tikay

I didn't ask the question as to whether or not all the packages for the prizes were taken out - but I would love to know the answer.  If all of the qualifiers didn't take up the package then perhaps a spare package could/or even should be offered to the next person on the lobby list (i.e. poor little old me lol).  My reasoning for this is that as some people keeps harping on about the t&cs being so visible then surely the 7 winners have agreed to take part in the full package - i.e. fly to Punta Cana and play in the tournament.  If one of the 7 has not taken up the package and for whatever reason - work or flight prices etc not be going then surely this is a breach of the terms and conditions??  In a normal competition if an entrant does not fulfill all parts of the requirements then surely it would be like a disqualification and therefore the next highest placed should have the package?

"What if I am unable to travel to the event?

By participating in the Punta Cana Satellites you declare that you are ready and able to travel to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in order to play at the event, on or around 4th November 2014. This includes any and all documents or visas required for travel to the destination."

I know personally that I didn't find the t&cs of this competition to be very clear.  I naively assumed that 1 in 5 would get a seat as I'm sure I heard on the shows that there would be a minimum of 7 seats generated from the final.  If I misheard the word Minimum and it was actuall said Maximum then I apologise.  I assumed the excess cash referred to in the t&cs meant that if there was an "odd" number of entrants i.e. 1,2 3 or 4 extra people over and above a multiple of 5 then that was the cash that would be shared out among the top tier.

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : Hi Tikay I didn't ask the question as to whether or not all the packages for the prizes were taken out - but I would love to know the answer.  If all of the qualifiers didn't take up the package then perhaps a spare package could/or even should be offered to the next person on the lobby list (i.e. poor little old me lol).  Posted by IrishRose
    I thought the suggestion was that one of the cash game players wasn't taking the prize, so there would equally then be a case that whoever came 2nd in the rake race should be awarded the package?

Or there never really was a spare package for a freeroll, and the non-accepted prize is what's being offered this coming Sunday?

It's all a conspiracy, I tell ya...
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : I thought the suggestion was that one of the cash game players wasn't taking the prize, so there would equally then be a case that whoever came 2nd in the rake race should be awarded the package? Or there never really was a spare package for a freeroll, and the non-accepted prize is what's being offered this coming Sunday? It's all a conspiracy, I tell ya...
    Posted by shakinaces
    I agree with you Shakinaces - if it's a cash players who won and isn't going then surely the prize should go to the next highest placed person?  If's its a final qualifier that isn't going then prize to next hightest place person (for purely selfish reasons I accept lol).
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : Hi Tikay I didn't ask the question as to whether or not all the packages for the prizes were taken out - but I would love to know the answer.  If all of the qualifiers didn't take up the package then perhaps a spare package could/or even should be offered to the next person on the lobby list (i.e. poor little old me lol).  My reasoning for this is that as some people keeps harping on about the t&cs being so visible then surely the 7 winners have agreed to take part in the full package - i.e. fly to Punta Cana and play in the tournament.  If one of the 7 has not taken up the package and for whatever reason - work or flight prices etc not be going then surely this is a breach of the terms and conditions??  In a normal competition if an entrant does not fulfill all parts of the requirements then surely it would be like a disqualification and therefore the next highest placed should have the package? I know personally that I didn't find the t&cs of this competition to be very clear.  I naively assumed that 1 in 5 would get a seat as I'm sure I heard on the shows that there would be a minimum of 7 seats generated from the final.  If I misheard then I apologise.  I assumed the excess cash referred to in the t&cs meant that if there was an "odd" number of entrants i.e. 1,2 3 or 4 extra people over and above a multiple of 5 then that was the cash that would be shared out among the top tier.
    Posted by IrishRose
    Hi Rose,

I'm genuinely try to be as open & helpful as I can here, but some stuff is outside my remit I'm afraid.

Those who won the 7 packages were obliged to take them? Quite possibly, but I honestly have no idea if they did, or did not. I'm pretty sure the Office would not reveal that sort of stuff to me. You are free to ask Customer Care, of course, but you might get a "coded" reply which says the same thing, I honestly don't know. 

As to the "1 in 5" or "EXACTLY 7", which of course may be slightly different things, all I can say is that over the weekend, I tried to make sure everyone realised what the position was, & I made it clearly known here, on the Community. I wanted to make some Punta Cana Final "noise" & wish everyone good luck in the Final, so I did my homework first & had a look at the Promo Page to make sure I had my facts right. It was then I realised that there were only, & exactly, 7 Packages available, so I did all I could to ensure players were aware.

I also noticed the unusual "excess cash" thing, so I publicised that, too, loud & clear.

That was all included in the thread I started over the weekend, HERE

Note that some 13 different players replied before the Final, including a few who were actually in the Final. Not one of them mentioned the number of seats, or how the prize pool would be distributed, so at that stage - BEFORE the Final - nobody seemed troubled by those matters.

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : I thought the suggestion was that one of the cash game players wasn't taking the prize, so there would equally then be a case that whoever came 2nd in the rake race should be awarded the package? Or there never really was a spare package for a freeroll, and the non-accepted prize is what's being offered this coming Sunday? It's all a conspiracy, I tell ya...
    Posted by shakinaces
    Ha!

We are starting to go round & round here.

I have no idea if any of those who won packages in the Cash Kings thing were not taking the package. To be honest, I never got my head round the Cash-based Promo at all, in fact I don't think I even Posted once on the Cash Kings thread, it all looked a bit too complicated to me, with all those different "bands" & the like, & "Sky Sam" (?) was handling the thread.  
  • edited October 2014
    Good to see the bubble confirmation Tikay.

Geldy can untwist his knickers now :)
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : I agree with you Shakinaces - if it's a cash players who won and isn't going then surely the prize should go to the next highest placed person?  If's its a final qualifier that isn't going then prize to next hightest place person (for purely selfish reasons I accept lol).
    Posted by IrishRose
    Hi Rose,

I can perfectly understand why you (& that oh-so painful bubble) would think that, but I don't think that logic correlates.

I don't know for sure, but I very much doubt the T & C's covered that eventuality. If they did, I don't recall seeing them, do you? 

It's just speculation really, at this stage, I have no idea what contingency plans the Business made, but I cannot see that they have acted improperly here. Of COURSE you'd prefer that it cascaded down, that's perfectly natural, & I'm fully understanding of your angst. We are just speculating though, arent we, "what if" sorta thing?

I'm doing my best to explain everything as much as I know, & am able, but I'm not Customer Care, & the Business won't thank me for poking my nose in.

Really, why not contact the Business via Customer Care? It might be a better way to sort it - I'm certainly conscious that I'm not helping much, but I'm on thin ice really, as the Business have procedures for these things, & won't appreciate my meddling.

In poker, as in life, what goes round comes round, so I hope that next time, it all ends a little better for you.  

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : Hi Rose, I can perfectly understand why you (& that oh-so painful bubble) would think that, but I don't think that logic correlates. I don't know for sure, but I very much doubt the T & C's covered that eventuality. If they did, I don't recall seeing them, do you?  It's just speculation really, at this stage, I have no idea what contingency plans the Business made, but I cannot see that they have acted improperly here. Of COURSE you'd prefer that it cascaded down, that's perfectly natural, & I'm fully understanding of your angst. We are just speculating though, arent we, "what if" sorta thing? I'm doing my best to explain everything as much as I know, & am able, but I'm not Customer Care, & the Business won't thank me for poking my nose in. Really, why not contact the Business via Customer Care? It might be a better way to sort it - I'm certainly conscious that I'm not helping much, but I'm on thin ice really, as the Business have procedures for these things, & won't appreciate my meddling.   In poker, as in life, what goes round comes round, so I hope that next time, it all ends a little better for you.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes Tikay - I would assume that the very first few paragraphs of the FAQ t&cs covers non attendance of the acutal Punta Cana game itself:

FAQs

Can I exchange my Punta Cana package or tournament buy-in for cash?

No. All prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be converted to cash. You must go or forfeit your seat and package.

What if I am unable to travel to the event?

By participating in the Punta Cana Satellites you declare that you are ready and able to travel to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in order to play at the event, on or around 4th November 2014. This includes any and all documents or visas required for travel to the destination.

I think that's as clear as crystal?  If the promotion stated a prizepool of 7 seats and 1 seat is forfeited then surely the provision of 7 seats is still required?  Normal allocation in the case of a disqualification (even self disqualification) is surely that the prize is given to the next highest placed?  I know I'm harping on about it - and believe me I'm not normally this bulldogish - but I do honestly think that this needs looking at.

Obviously if no-one drops out then this is all a moot point - but is someone does drop out then I think it seriously needs addressing.

I did contact customer care as you suggested and have been told that it's nothing to do with me what happens to a spare package if that did happen!!   They did however also give me the email address of the complaints departement which I shall be emailing later today.  

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : Yes Tikay - I would assume that the very first few paragraphs of the FAQ t&cs covers non attendance of the acutal Punta Cana game itself: FAQs Can I exchange my Punta Cana package or tournament buy-in for cash? No. All prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be converted to cash. You must go or forfeit your seat and package. What if I am unable to travel to the event? By participating in the Punta Cana Satellites you declare that you are ready and able to travel to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in order to play at the event , on or around 4th November 2014. This includes any and all documents or visas required for travel to the destination. I think that's as clear as crystal?  If the promotion stated a prizepool of 7 seats and 1 seat is forfeited then surely the provision of 7 seats is still required?  Normal allocation in the case of a disqualification (even self disqualification) is surely that the prize is given to the next highest placed?  I know I'm harping on about it - and believe me I'm not normally this bulldogish - but I do honestly think that this needs looking at. Obviously if no-one drops out then this is all a moot point - but is someone does drop out then I think it seriously needs addressing. I did contact customer care as you suggested and have been told that it's nothing to do with me what happens to a spare package if that did happen!!   They did however also give me the email address of the complaints departement which I shall be emailing later today.  
    Posted by IrishRose
    Hi Rose,

Yes, I'm fully aware of the T & C's you highlighted, and yes, that's "crystal clear" even to me......but that's not the issue.

The issue is not as to whether they do or don't take the prize, on that, I have no knowledge of the facts if they did or not, your issue is what happens IF that situation arises or has arisen. That was what I referred to when I said the T & Cs don't (seem) to cover it.

I've tried to explain the position as I know it, but I can't really go beyond that, as it is a specific customer issue, & I can't become involved in how that pans out, as it is way beyond my remit. 

If Customer Care could not assist - & I can fully understand why they would refuse to discuss what did or did not happen involving someone else (that would be private between the 2 parties), - then yes, "Customer Complaints" is probably your best route.    

I'm sorry I can't assist further, but I am not allowed to get involved in these matters.

• edited October 2014
    I'm not terribly interested in getting into a big debate on this but I don't think it's as simple as a player forfeiting the prize if they're unable to attend.

Firstly there is a monetary element to the package, which only the winner is entitled to.
    Secondly I don't think it's really for sky poker to dictate whether or not a prize winner gets on a plane or checks into the hotel. The prize belongs to the winner and it's up to them how they use it... or don't.

The tournament is over. The winners will do as they please with their prizes.
  • edited October 2014

Just a short point.

It may not be possible to give a seat if the player can not make it.

Would it not make sense  to give Rose something, for all the reasons already mentioned in this post?

Maybe at the very least, the buy in for Satelite?

I understand it was a tricky situation, as a regular Sky player -  I feel it would be the right thing for Sky to do.

The reason i'm saying this is players were not giving much notice about the structure.

As in any "excess" would be distributed amongst the top 7 players.

Tbh, I didn't realise till during the game when I was railing Rose, every other Sat on sky naturally pays the excess as £ to the bubble.

I feel if Sky were to offer something, this situation could be defused.

• edited October 2014
    Just a short point. It may not be possible to give a seat if the player can not make it. Would it not make sense  to give Rose something, for all the reasons already mentioned in this post? Maybe at the very least , the buy in for Satelite? I understand it was a tricky situation, as a regular Sky player -  I feel it would be the right thing for Sky to do.   The reason i'm saying this is players were not giving much notice about the structure. As in any "excess" would be distributed amongst the top 7 players. Tbh, I didn't realise till during the game when I was railing Rose, every other Sat on sky naturally pays the excess as £ to the bubble. I feel if Sky were to offer something, this situation could be defused.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Would you say the same if the unfortunate bubble was some random?
  • edited October 2014
    You shouldn't look to move the goalposts after the game. 

Obviously if the true bubble had been 9th and not 8th, things would have played out differently at that stage.

The person finishing 8th was no more a winner in this tournament than the person finishing 40th. The winning positions were set out at the start and everyone knew that 8th got nothing, just the same as everyone knocked out earlier.

• edited October 2014
    Actually it's perfectly fine to move goalposts after the game, obviously. When else would you? lol

You know what I mean.
  • edited October 2014
    You shouldn't look to move the goalposts after the game.  Obviously if the true bubble had been 9th and not 8th, things would have played out differently at that stage. The person finishing 8th was no more a winner in this tournament than the person finishing 40th. The winning positions were set out at the start and everyone knew that 8th got nothing, just the same as everyone knocked out earlier.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Think the thing is people maybe didn't understand the format - I certainly didn't till railing Rose.

So the format was quite different to a normal Sat on Sky.

It's based on that why I was saying atleast refunding the Sat buy in would make sense.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : Think the thing is people maybe didn't understand the format - I certainly didn't till railing Rose. So the format was quite different to a normal Sat on Sky. It's based on that why I was saying atleast refunding the Sat buy in would make sense.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Is it not the responsibility of the people playing the sat to know exactly what the prize structure is? Single click of the lobby reveals all.
  • edited October 2014
    If someone somehow got to the bubble (I'm not saying that Rose did whatsoever) without once actually checking out the prize distribution, then that person only has themselves to blame.
  • edited October 2014
    If someone somehow got to the bubble (I'm not saying that Rose did whatsoever) without once actually checking out the prize distribution, then that person only has themselves to blame.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

and you check the prize structure for every single tournament you enter just in case it's changed from the usual sky standard? 

Now i had seen tikays thread which is one of the reasons i didn't buy in direct. But many players don't read the forum so assiduously. That's why moving the goalposts in an unexpected and negative way upsets me so much. skypoker has a reputation of being player friendly but this time it didn't work out that way. hence my twisted knickers trying to avoid this happening again. 

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? :   I actually thought the old style VLV package, where the qualifiers were met at the Airport, & generally "looked after" by a familiar face from Sky Poker, was the bees knees, but all this new Regulation malarky has changed the way poker sites have to work, & there's not much can be done about that.   Again, improved Regulation is a good thing, a very good thing imo, but it comes with a few negatives, too, like everything.   
    Posted by Tikay10

I actually have decided to quote this bit, and more enquiring about regulation than anything. 

I would love VLV to return, and seems that sky are keen to - well at least yourself from your posts. That gives me some hope that one day it could happen. 

You mention in this specific post that makes me worry though. In the past yourself, or someone else from the site would meet people from the airport and look after them. This is one of the things that always appealed to me about why i specifically only want to do a Vegas package with Sky - well at least my first one if i can get through sats. 

However this post makes me worry that this would not be possible. Is this something of the past now, or would we have to advertise yourself/Rich as a Holiday rep for that to even be allowed to happen. 
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : and you check the prize structure for every single tournament you enter just in case it's changed from the usual sky standard?  Now i had seen tikays thread which is one of the reasons i didn't buy in direct. But many players don't read the forum so assiduously. That's why moving the goalposts in an unexpected and negative way upsets me so much. skypoker has a reputation of being player friendly but this time it didn't work out that way. hence my twisted knickers trying to avoid this happening again. 
    Posted by GELDY
    No of course I don't, but are you really comparing a £770 sat to a £5 f/o? If I'm still in when late reg closes then I always check the lobby to see what the crack is in terms of positions paid.

Avoid what happening again? Sky are well within their rights to do as they please with their tournament. Tikay did his best to get the message out that this would be an unusual bubble, but ultimately if someone doesn't check the lobby and just plays on blindly, then there can be no grumbling if they bubble (again, not saying this was the case with Rose).

I really cannot believe the fuss being kicked up here, and if it wasn't a 'name' as the unfortunate bubble then there wouldn't be a peep out of anyone.

Also +1 to what BorinLoner put. I think it's pretty sh1tty if someone has qualified knowing they might not be able to make it, but ultimately it's their prize to do with as they please.