You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change?

124»

Comments

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change?:
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : No of course I don't, but are you really comparing a £770 sat to a £5 f/o? If I'm still in when late reg closes then I always check the lobby to see what the crack is in terms of positions paid. Avoid what happening again? Sky are well within their rights to do as they please with their tournament. Tikay did his best to get the message out that this would be an unusual bubble, but ultimately if someone doesn't check the lobby and just plays on blindly, then there can be no grumbling if they bubble (again, not saying this was the case with Rose). I really cannot believe the fuss being kicked up here, and if it wasn't a 'name' as the unfortunate bubble then there wouldn't be a peep out of anyone. Also +1 to what BorinLoner put. I think it's pretty sh1tty if someone has qualified knowing they might not be able to make it, but ultimately it's their prize to do with as they please.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

I've made my position on this very clear. As you will learn as you mature, peeps find all sorts of things to get their knickers in a twist about. 

Some are sensible, like getting rid of child abuse. 
    Some less so, such as demonstrating for totally free elections in HK
    and others just curious, such as campaigning to get a clearer bubble cash policy upfront on skypoker. 

The fact i wish to do the latter is up to me. I'm mostly harmless in this regard but i certainly resent someone suggesting my motives are otherwise. sure I'd join in a support Rose thread if there was one, but the personalities involved (sorry Rose) are totally irrelevant to my campaign. 

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : Is it not the responsibility of the people playing the sat to know exactly what the prize structure is? Single click of the lobby reveals all.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    +1  .

Was in the terms and c's from the very start of the promo. In the tourne lobby aswell, not much more Sky could do.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : I've made my position on this very clear. As you will learn as you mature, peeps find all sorts of things to get their knickers in a twist about.  Some are sensible, like getting rid of child abuse.  Some less so, such as demonstrating for totally free elections in HK and others just curious, such as campaigning to get a clearer bubble cash policy upfront on skypoker.  The fact i wish to do the latter is up to me. I'm mostly harmless in this regard but i certainly resent someone suggesting my motives are otherwise. sure I'd join in a support Rose thread if there was one, but the personalities involved (sorry Rose) are totally irrelevant to my campaign. 
    Posted by GELDY
    But this is the thing Geldy. Everyone was emailed a link to the Punta Cana promotions page, it was in the T&C on said page. It was even written on the forum as it was slightly different to usual. It was on the tournament lobby page. How much more clear do you want it to be?

I'm not entirely sure why you still seem to be debating it. Tikay has said himself it was likely to be a one off (May be the same for furure VLV packages if there are any)
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : I've made my position on this very clear. As you will learn as you mature, peeps find all sorts of things to get their knickers in a twist about.  Some are sensible, like getting rid of child abuse.  Some less so, such as demonstrating for totally free elections in HK and others just curious, such as campaigning to get a clearer bubble cash policy upfront on skypoker.  The fact i wish to do the latter is up to me. I'm mostly harmless in this regard but i certainly resent someone suggesting my motives are otherwise. sure I'd join in a support Rose thread if there was one, but the personalities involved (sorry Rose) are totally irrelevant to my campaign. 
    Posted by GELDY
    What campaign? You wanted to know if this was the bubble structure going forward. Tikay informs you it was a one off (as I knew it would be).

Rest of the post is absurd.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : But this is the thing Geldy. Everyone was emailed a link to the Punta Cana promotions page, it was in the T&C on said page. It was even written on the forum as it was slightly different to usual. It was on the tournament lobby page. How much more clear do you want it to be? I'm not entirely sure why you still seem to be debating it. Tikay has said himself it was likely to be a one off (May be the same for furure VLV packages if there are any)
    Posted by FlashFlush

i know
    i thought i was done with tikay's reply as well
    but Harry seems to want to continue banging on about it and casting dispersions about people's ulterior motives. and I've allowed myself to get sucked in to reply. 
    But point taken. Tikay had confirmed that it was an (unfortunate) one-off and things will be better going forward. job done. i will no longer post on this thread of mine. Even given Harry's latest comment. We all have our own opinions of what is absurd. STOP.

• edited October 2014
    Cancel the freeroll package and give it to rose come on sky it makes sense
  • edited October 2014
    Rose spends lot of money on this site and well respected reg rather give it to her than sum1 who hardly plays.
    And I think everyone would be happy if it went to her
  • edited October 2014
    And fair play sky u made a mess of this promo
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : i know i thought i was done with tikay's reply as well but Harry seems to want to continue banging on about it and casting dispersions about people's ulterior motives. and I've allowed myself to get sucked in to reply.  But point taken. Tikay had confirmed that it was an (unfortunate) one-off and things will be better going forward. job done. i will no longer post on this thread of mine. Even given Harry's latest comment. We all have our own opinions of what is absurd. STOP.
    Posted by GELDY
    I made one comment about how you can untwist your knickers now that Tikay had confirmed what most of us knew.

You didn't reply to that, not that it needed one, but then jumped on me asking if I check the lobby for all the MTT's I play just because I said it was the responsibility of the player to know the payout structure. Which I stand by 100%. Thankfully Rose knew the structure before it started (says so on page 1), she's just very unlucky to finish 8th, unfortunately someone had to finish 8th.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change?  I think it's pretty sh1tty if someone has qualified knowing they might not be able to make it, but ultimately it's their prize to do with as they please.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Hi all

I think people are getting confused about my "complaint" about this promotion.  I have no issue with the fact that only 7 packages were up for grabs - even though obviously it would have been nice to have had 8 as a nice round number of 40 players took part.

My "issue" is with the fact that if someone has won one of these packages and are NOT going to Punta Cana then I honestly do believe that the tourney entry and hotel room should be given to the next placed person in the qualifier.  I don't agree that "it's their prize to do with as they please." as the terms and conditions which I keep being referred back to actually state that if the person doesn't go then they forfeit their prize!!  "No. All prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be converted to cash. You must go or forfeit your seat and package."

Surely if a prize is forfeit it amounts to the same thing as disqualification?  In which case the usual terms of a players being disqualified usually means that everyone else moves up a place on the prize board??

I'm only guessing at this stage as obviously I don't yet know if all 7 players are going to Punta Cana to actually play the tournament.  If they are then fine - if they're not then it appears to be a question that genuinely needs answering.

Or is it a case of Sky just pocketing the additional £3500 package as additional profit?

• edited October 2014
    Surely it's a bridge that only needs crossing if it does come to light that someone has won a package but can't/won't go?

Forfeit and disqualification are 2 different things entirely.

And I don't think this freeroll package has materialised from someone not being able to attend, as has been suggested. I would've thought that this final package was always going to be up for grabs in a freeroll, giving Sky potentially great marketing juice should the dream happen (freeroller scoops big cash etc etc).

Unlucky again Rose.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : Hi all I think people are getting confused about my "complaint" about this promotion.  I have no issue with the fact that only 7 packages were up for grabs - even though obviously it would have been nice to have had 8 as a nice round number of 40 players took part. My "issue" is with the fact that if someone has won one of these packages and are NOT going to Punta Cana then I honestly do believe that the tourney entry and hotel room should be given to the next placed person in the qualifier.  I don't agree that " it's their prize to do with as they please ." as the terms and conditions which I keep being referred back to actually state that if the person doesn't go then they forfeit their prize!!  " No. All prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be converted to cash.  You must go or forfeit your seat and package. " Surely if a prize is forfeit it amounts to the same thing as disqualification?  In which case the usual terms of a players being disqualified usually means that everyone else moves up a place on the prize board?? I'm only guessing at this stage as obviously I don't yet know if all 7 players are going to Punta Cana to actually play the tournament.  If they are then fine - if they're not then it appears to be a question that genuinely needs answering. Or is it a case of Sky just pocketing the additional £3500 package as additional profit?
    Posted by IrishRose
    Which would only be you if it was one of the people who finished above you.  If it was one of the people in the cash promo then it wouldn't go to you.

It would be nice if everyone of the 40 that qualified could go.  40 is a much rounder number then 8.  There were only 7 packages on offer so only 7 can
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : Which would only be you if it was one of the people who finished above you.  If it was one of the people in the cash promo then it wouldn't go to you. It would be nice if everyone of the 40 that qualified could go.  40 is a much rounder number then 8.  There were only 7 packages on offer so only 7 can
    Posted by cenachav
    I agree with you cenachav - if it's not one of the 7 finalists who isn't going and is one of the cash rake players who drops out then yes - it should go to the next person in that particular race - but I've already said that earlier to ShakinAces.
  • edited October 2014
    Surely it's a bridge that only needs crossing if it does come to light that someone has won a package but can't/won't go? Forfeit and disqualification are 2 different things entirely. And I don't think this freeroll package has materialised from someone not being able to attend, as has been suggested. I would've thought that this final package was always going to be up for grabs in a freeroll, giving Sky potentially great marketing juice should the dream happen (freeroller scoops big cash etc etc). Unlucky again Rose.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Again I also agree with you Harry (for want of typing millions of times incorrectly lol).  It is only something that needs a bridge crossing if and when it happens - I am just trying to clarify the issue IF it does happen as there won't be long to go before the tourney actually starts.
  • edited October 2014
    My "issue" is with the fact that if someone has won one of these packages and are NOT going to Punta Cana then I honestly do believe that the tourney entry and hotel room should be given to the next placed person in the qualifier.  I don't agree that "it's their prize to do with as they please." as the terms and conditions which I keep being referred back to actually state that if the person doesn't go then they forfeit their prize!!  "No. All prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be converted to cash. You must go or forfeit your seat and package.

I have no gripe with you Rose, but those t&c's you quote would also seem to prevent you from being awarded the package.

It is all down to how you interpret them, I guess.

Good luck at the tables
  • edited October 2014
    My "issue" is with the fact that if someone has won one of these packages and are NOT going to Punta Cana then I honestly do believe that the tourney entry and hotel room should be given to the next placed person in the qualifier.  I don't agree that " it's their prize to do with as they please ." as the terms and conditions which I keep being referred back to actually state that if the person doesn't go then they forfeit their prize!!   " No. All prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be converted to cash.  You must go or forfeit your seat and package. I have no gripe with you Rose, but those t&c's you quote would also seem to prevent you from being awarded the package. It is all down to how you interpret them, I guess. Good luck at the tables
    Posted by dragon1964
    Come on sky we all want rose to go through
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? : I actually have decided to quote this bit, and more enquiring about regulation than anything.  I would love VLV to return, and seems that sky are keen to - well at least yourself from your posts. That gives me some hope that one day it could happen.  You mention in this specific post that makes me worry though. In the past yourself, or someone else from the site would meet people from the airport and look after them. This is one of the things that always appealed to me about why i specifically only want to do a Vegas package with Sky - well at least my first one if i can get through sats.  However this post makes me worry that this would not be possible. Is this something of the past now, or would we have to advertise yourself/Rich as a Holiday rep for that to even be allowed to happen. 
    Posted by The_Don90

Hi Donald, whilst i agree that it would be the icing on the cake for Sky peeps to do the meeting and greeting etc., having worked for the company that are arranging the Punt Cana trip and hopefully future VLV packages i can assure you that the guys/gals who are going out there will be treaed extremely well by them.
       They have been doing this for a number of years and are a very professional outfit with loads of experience in organising poker packages and looking after/entertaining poker players. They will have a ball.

• edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Bubble cash in sats for live tournaments - why the change? :   Hi Donald, whilst i agree that it would be the icing on the cake for Sky peeps to do the meeting and greeting etc., having worked for the company that are arranging the Punt Cana trip and hopefully future VLV packages i can assure you that the guys/gals who are going out there will be treaed extremely well by them.    They have been doing this for a number of years and are a very professional outfit with loads of experience in organising poker packages and looking after/entertaining poker players. They will have a ball.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Hi Pommy.

I intend to reply in more detail to Don's question, & I will later, but yes, they are a very fine & reputable team, I know them well, & I know they'll do a good job.

I'd rather it were me - obv! - but I've had more than my share of such gigs, so I certainly can't complain.

• edited October 2014
    Surely it's a bridge that only needs crossing if it does come to light that someone has won a package but can't/won't go? Forfeit and disqualification are 2 different things entirely. And I don't think this freeroll package has materialised from someone not being able to attend, as has been suggested. I would've thought that this final package was always going to be up for grabs in a freeroll, giving Sky potentially great marketing juice should the dream happen (freeroller scoops big cash etc etc). Unlucky again Rose.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

+1

Even if someone couldn't go. Would be pretty ridiculous to give 8th the package anyway, unless this was clearly in the terms and c's from the start.
    The whole tourne could have played out completely differently if people knew that if they bubbled, there would still be a (slim) chance of a package.