You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Our Competition, Scoreboards, Results, Chirps & Whatnot.

edited November 2015 in Poker Chat
Good evening, I would like to join this please.,may take me a little while but it's such a fun game and pretty much all who play are a fine bunch of chaps and chappesses.good luck to all.

Comments

• edited January 2015

Sorry, sign-up period now closed.

Overview/Rules can be found under the scoreboards.

Please keep a record of all of your PLO8 DYM results, I can't do that for you. When leaving a message, please make sure you let us know what your running total is.  NOT, how you have done in any given day. So, a simple message of (total) game wins, against (total) games played is perfect please. ie 26/56.
    Thanks.

Anyone caught fibbing will be arrested by Sgt Ger then taken around the back for a hiding.

I'll update the scoreboard with all results that are posted, so please don't be shy, good or bad, but I won't start ranking participants until a few games have been played. There's not much point in having top seven places as 2/2 WR 100% you see.

Best of luck to you all and enjoy!

If I've missed anyone, made a nack of it, please let me know.

PLOPPERS 100 CLUB SCOREBOARD

Completed

67Bhoys 70%
    BBMike 69%
    Talon 69%
    Tikay1 65%
    Fchd 63%
    Eon1961 62%
    Gerardirl 61%
    PKM 61%
    Machka 59%
    Jimbod1 58%
    Churchy18 58%
    Vespapx 58%
    Penguin777 56%

Hendrik62 56%

Enut 55%
    Mrwh1te 54%
    Macacgirl1 51%
    Pomfrittes 49%
    Winshoes 44%
    Team AJ 41%

Ongoing

Stewie7 25/39 64%
    Tmdvdemz11 21/34 62%
    Phantom66 42/69 61%
    Mac24 24/41 59% 
    Tomgoodun 4/7 57%
    Cl00less 28/50 56%
    Chris Mc 10/18 56%
    Mkgunner 39/76 51%
    Solarcarro 7/14 50%
    Poshcole 12/29 41%
    Pompeynic 2/5
    Bludreid11 1/2
    Glenelg 1/1

Geldy 9/18 50% DNF - Retired Injured

Second Chance Saloon
    (For anyone wishing to have another go, Please leave a message if you intend to have another bash at it, with time/date when you intend to begin again)

Ger 68%
    Macacgirl1 60%
    Winshoes 57%

Win Streaks Leaderboard (Please leave a post if you win 11 or more on the trot)
    1. FCHD - 14
    2. Cl00less - 12
    3. Talon - 11

"Mentioned in Despatches" (Win, at any time during the challenge, at least once at each buy-in level, 60p, £1.15, £2.25, £3.30, £5.50 and £11. Please leave a post if you do this)
    1. Eon1961
    2. Bbmike
    3. Macacgirl1
    4. Machka
    5. 67Bhoys
    6. Team AJ

The "Macac Cross For Bravery" (Win six games on the trot, from 60p, then £1.15, then £2.25, then £3.30, then £5.50, finishing with £11. Please leave a post if you do this)
    1. Eon1961 (Completed 5/11/2014)

The "It's Rigged, Obviously" Leaderboard (For those brave enough to leave a post with details of more than a few successive losses!)
    1. Macacgirl1 - 7!
    2. Team AJ - 6
    3. Vesp - 6

A Quick Overview.

The challenge/competition is purely for fun, is not SKY sanctioned, it's for bragging rights, self motivation only.
    The competition itself, is to see how many cashes you attain, out of 100 PLO8 DYMs played. Winner/s are those that have most wins from 100 games played. Simples.

Some Rules.

The competition starts Saturday 1st November (Entries accepted until 2359 day before)
    Your competition starts when you play your first PLO8 DYM from this date, and ends when you have played your 100th.
    Games allowable are PLO8 DYM only, any buy-in.
    Scoring is simple, you cash in a DYM you score a point, you don't cash, you don't score.
    You will need to keep track of your own score and update here, in this thread, as and when you want.
    No fibbing allowed, I'm sure Ger will check results with Sharky!
    This isn't a race, so competition ends New Years Day. Anyone needs more time to complete 100 games, no problem.
    Please, please, please note. This is entirely for fun, not to be taken seriously. No gripes or moans are necessary.

• edited October 2014
    Hiya Tom, glad to see you gonna take part!
    No rush to play the 100, it'll be over when it's over.
  • edited October 2014

I would like to participate too please.
  • edited October 2014
    Did a quick check on all the entries so far on how we have done in our last 100 plo8 dym games. Some have their stats blocked but from those that havent......the best is 61%.....macacgirl!

She is the bookies favourite!

Good benchmark for us all to try beat!

Ger
  • edited October 2014
  • edited October 2014
    I fancy coming last in this challenge, mark me down please

Neil
  • edited October 2014
    And in the event of a Tie?  TK comes second? #justasking
  • edited October 2014
    Are my stats blocked.... i remember reading how too. Think from tikay tbh but can unblock them for trackimg reasons.

Ive only plaued a few so please no slagging my poor stats! I intend too win im a sore loser....

How do i play again lol
  • edited October 2014
    Infact got a couple of quid going too play a couple of 1.15 ones if anyone wants too help fill this table?
  • edited October 2014
  • edited October 2014
    Thanks for joining in everyone, hopefully we'll have a good old list of entrants by next weekend.
  • edited October 2014
    i'll give it a try
  • edited October 2014
    Count me In please.

I've recently started to play Omaha and found it a very enjoyable format of the game.
    Now plo8 is a different matter, with the Hi/Lo malarkey. Oh and you can get quartered. (what's that all about)

Anyway I will treat this as my proper learning curve into the game.
    I'll start off with the £1 games if I crush at this level lol, I'll move up to £2 games (*he say's with fingers crossed)

So if you see me at the £2 games look out I'm on fire lol.

Regards Alan

• edited October 2014
    I'll give it a go .

May take me to New year 2016 to reach the total though.

Cheers

Pete
  • edited October 2014

I don't recall asking to join this, but my name appears to be on the list......
  • edited October 2014

Count me in please

• edited October 2014
    I will join, I quite enjoy the game.  will be low stakes and may take a while, Omaha tables don't fill up so quick
  • edited October 2014
    stupid question, plo8 is hi only?
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Join Our Competition, Details Here.:
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Nope, PLO8 is Omaha Hi Lo.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Join Our Competition, Details Here.:
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Hi,

No, PLO8 is what is often better known as "Hi-Low".

"PLO8" actually means "Pot Limit Eight or Better" or somesuch. 

"High Only" Pot Limit Omaha is known as "PLO". 

We prefer not to speak of evil games from the dark side known as "No Limit Omaha", (NLO) which is a thoroughly ridiculous game.

• edited October 2014
    I will join, I quite enjoy the game.  will be low stakes and may take a while, Omaha tables don't fill up so quick
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Good!

I should add, though, there is TONS of PLO8 DYM traffic every single night & the Tables fill VERY quickly indeed. A £3.30 table generally takes about 3 minutes to fill during the evening. .

At whatever level you wish to play, you will be able to get as many games as you want during a single evening. Contrary to popular belief, the PLO8 DYM Liquidity in the evenings is very high. In fact you can get a game during the day most times, too. 

• edited October 2014
    I don't recall asking to join this, but my name appears to be on the list......
    Posted by Tikay10[/QUOTE

OK, I will remove your name from the list if you post a selfie of yourself wearing a borat style mankini.

That seems fair.
  • edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Calling All PLO8 DYM Players, Join Our Competition, Details Here. :
    I don't recall asking to join this, but my name appears to be on the list...... Posted by Tikay10[/QUOTE OK, I will remove your name from the list if you post a selfie of yourself wearing a borat style mankini. That seems fair.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Umm.....

I'd like to join the League, please.
  • edited October 2014
    Talking of wearing certain apparel, doesn't a suave, debonair gentleman have to wear a chemise adorned with a message to a loved one on television soon?
    Make sure the colour matches your odd socks Tikay
    Nick
  • edited October 2014
     Hello.  
    Posted by pompeynic
    Fixed Your Post.
  • edited October 2014
    Sounds fun, can you add me to the list please
  • edited October 2014
    ok ty

I will play up to £3.30

I don't see a description on the Omaha DYM tables, are they all plo8?
  • edited October 2014
    click on the omaha hi lo tab in the dym lobby

• edited October 2014
    haha, I had filter on NL only, which is what cause all my confusion,

cheers guys
  • edited October 2014
    ok ty I will play up to £3.30 I don't see a description on the Omaha DYM tables, are they all plo8?
    Posted by MrWh1te
    There are four "tabs"...

All

Hold Em

Omaha

Omaha Hi Lo

Then click "DOUBLE YOUR MONEY"

Then you click "OMAHA HI LO"

A £3.30 game will start in the next 5 or 10 minutes.

Good luck.