You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The road to a Main Event score! Starting BR £252. Now £984 (£1.36k banked)

Comments

• edited November 2014
    I feel your pain, I f*d up at the cash tables today too :( 
    I'm gonna try and give up cash till at least December...sniff!
    GL to you and me both, let's try not to tilt :)
    Ps I hate 10NL!! It's the worst level imo!
  • edited November 2014

GL at NL4, but you definitely still have the roll to play NL10 and hopefully will get back to it when you get a bit of confidence back in your cash game.

It may be frowned upon but I've always liked the idea of dropping down for a session, binking a win and then moving back up with a more positive (winning) mindset.

And it's not a fact that you can't win at NL10, just need more hands and maybe a bit of a tweak to game / seat selection. You definitely aren't far away from what I've seen in games vs you.

I'm not exactly good myself, but happy to watch you for half hour or so sometime and chuck out any info I spot which may offer room for improvement.

• edited November 2014
    TY Mrs Duck. Awww. Your thread is always a rollercoaster! Well done on the BH's!

Shakin - Good words, ty. I would like someone to watch me as it would be nice for a different view point. 

NL10 is a real swinger. You get so many loose calls and chasing that its blind luck if you catch the person donating chips. As of late its been me getting unlucky and then someone else scooping them up off the fish. Very frustrating.

Anyway, not played much as have had a nasty tummy bug. Feeling a bit low now but hopefully at the end of it. Played more MTT's. Done OK. Played well and managed a cash in one and a few close calls in others. Had a very decent score tonight though as I managed to capture one of the top 3 paid spots in the UKPC Freeroll and turned that into cash. Got down to 3 BB's with 12 left, but I have a lot of experiance at these and managed to find good spots and got lucky. Which you need when that low! 

I think past 2 months I have done amazing at the Free seat FR's. Ive cashed 5/6 times for well over £200. I've always done well at turbo's. A lot of people dont realise how much time you have and how quick you can turn a low stack back above average. Its all about picking the right players and spots to get chips in first.

So, back above £400 again. Im having a Ducky rollercoaster of a month! No wonder I have a dicky tummy! 

PS Never hit a set with 22. All that run must go to MrsDuck! :)
  • edited November 2014
    £500 before Dec! :D
  • edited November 2014
    If I stop now then I will have beat your target Mrs Duck!

What a difference two days can make. After my succesful night yesterday, winning a UKPC seat that I turned into £48 by finishing in top 3 of 280+ I only gone and done it again! I basically cruised to finish in the top six this time (not sure why it changed yesterday). I was in the chips from the very first hand and never looked back. Always near the top and hitting chip leader status with 12 left and never relinquished it. £96 in two days for free. Oh, add anoth 81p to that as I ran very deep in the Social FR, busting out in a chip lead pot with KK v AK. 

This is one of the great reasons I mainly play on Sky. There promotions are second to none. Yes, other sites can offer bigger prizes but you have to be very, very lucky to get them with such huge fields and hurdles to jump.

Played well in my other MTT's, just busting in spots where I am ahead and lose. Standard I guess. I did get a deep run in the £5BH, finishing 20 for a min cash with 3 decent heads. Shame really as I busted by first losing AJs v A8s (was another decent head prise and pot on offer) and then next hand AQ v K8o. GG me.

Add to that two decent small profit cash sessions and Ive had a very good day. +£80 day, been a while since I've had that. 

• edited November 2014
    Never in doubt Craig WTG!! Now don't lose it before December! ;)
  • edited November 2014
    Thanks to both above. No one will ever be happy but Sky really do try hard and have a great dedicated team. 

Sunday was a quiet day as I had a return of my bug. Played a couple of short sessions and really regretted it. Dropped 4 BI's. It didnt help that I ran JJ v QQ against an aggressive opponent, AA into set of 10's, AK v QQ against another very aggressive apponent and the most brutal of all, a flopped set of 8's losing to AQ on A8x A Q board. Decided to call it a day and watch 8 epidodes of Lost. 

Monday and Tuesday have been better days. Played two hour sessions, one each day, and have clawed back 3 Bi's. Played much better with more thought going in to my play.

Its almost the end of the month. I'm almost at my 3000 target and after Sunday my attention switches to MTT's and my dedication to do more off table work to up my game strategy on both cash and MTT's.
  • edited November 2014
    Wednesday was another good day, had a good winning session so thats now 3 in a row. Played half hour at 10nl and finished over a BI up then it was time for MTT's.

Played four (3 on Sky) and got very deep in them all, just not deep enough. Finishing near the bubble in 3/4.  Got 19th in the  UKPC free seats FR. Thought I was on for my 3rd in a row in this one! Broke even though thanks to bounties and two being FR's.

I had time for another half hour or so session, this time played 4nl. Mainly for confidence, so any bad hits wouldn't dent my BR too much. Played well and managed to finsih 3 BI's up! Mainly played just to add a few PP's to keep my tally going up. Just need 140 now for 3000. 

So, broke the £500 barrier Ducky!
  • edited November 2014
    Thursday - Rest day.

Friday. 

Had a couple of short and successful cash sessions. Nothing amazing, finished 2 BI's up in all at 4nl. 

MTT's. Played four. 2 FR'S As usual. The two buy in BH's didnt go well. Suckered in both when well ahead. First FR I was doing well in then had three successive hands when dominating and still losing. AQ v QJ twice and lost. AQ v Q10 and lost. 

Second FR went much better. Pretty quiet for the start then managed to hit hands when blinds started getting bigger. Coasted along and played well. Picking good spots and having hands hold. Two big hands of AK v AQ and AA v 99 that got me 2nd in chips and then just shut up shop. Didnt play any hands dispite being tempted and cruised into top 12 and took the £24.

Ever since I have took these seriously I have done really, really well. Almost £300 for nothing. Result!!

Anyway, my BR is moving nicely. 104 PP's off my target. Will try and make a move on that tomorrow so that by Sunday its a formality. The key is not playing when I dont want to and losing more than the extra £15 I get for those extra points.

Finished my book today so I am all ready to dedicate my lunch time over to ready and watching more strategy on MTT's and cash and improving my game/understanding/aggression etc.

My December goals are simple. Study and really aim to improve some aspect by the end of this year.
  • edited November 2014
  • edited November 2014
    Oh yes, oh yes, oh YES!!!!!! I have just won the 6:45pm £1000BH for an amazing £242+

I feel amazing!!!!! What an amazing tournament!! I ran amazingly well. Amassing 15 heads worth over £70 in itself! I was chip leader after 3 hands of the final table and never once relinquished it! The final table lasted almost an hour, an most of that was five handed. After that bubble burst it went quickly, heads up over in two hands! My nut full house beating the flopped nut straight. I had QJ v AK. It went limp, I raised, other guy 3 bet. Fllop QJ10. I check call and turn is Q. I check call again. River is a 3. I check and pray for an all in. It comes and I win!

The rest of the tournament went just as well. It was a topsy turvy start and then after 40 mins I started on a run of picking up heads, quickly gaining 6 in the space of half an hour and then just continually picking up heads all way through.

My other poker was a little cash, not as much as I wanted but I can still get the 72 PP's I need tomorrow. After today's success I will only concentrate on cash. 

I played a few other MTT's. Busted earlish in £2BH and managed to finish 19/180 in another for a min cash.

MY BR has took a huge jump and right now I have that great MTT winnning buzz!!! Not sure how I will sleep!!

:) 
  • edited November 2014
    1K before Christmas! ;) 
    Very very very well done! :)
  • edited November 2014
    NICE 1 CRAIG  VWP
  • edited November 2014
    Thanks all!!! Im very happy at the moment, despite this morning running the opposite of last night!

Played for a few hours this morning to accru my remaining PP's which I did. Only problem was finishing about £25 down. Nothing to do with positive tilt, just running bad on the two 10nl tables I had. Lost a stack with a set v's table nutter who had previously bluffed off two stacks. This time his runner runner flush was good :( Lost KK v's a set and a few other basic coolers. The only thing I was disapointed in was not getting value on 3 hands. Thinking the worse and just calling when I was beating more than I was losing to.

So, no more poker for me today. Having a well earned rest and a reset for my MTT grind.

Looking back on the start of this month I'm amazed to see I took a starting balance of £282.30 to £746.68. Thats a profit of over £460. My best ever month I should think! And with £45 to come its even better.

• edited December 2014
    Monday - played a few hours cash (4nl) to gain the 50 PP's needed for the £1000 FR as part of Sky's promotion. Finished £10 up. No real drama's, could have been better but for a river 2 outer but happy with how I played. 

MTT's - Got off to a good start in £2 BH, taking two heads and then lost successive hands against table maniac who was shoving and overbetting everything. My AK losing to their K4 on a 44x flop! Left with fumes, obviously get AA next hand. Get 3 callers and lose to rivered trips. Ran deep in the two free seat FR's, again losing a race in both. In the £1000 FR I managed to get £4 from it, again could have been better but in a super turbo you need to run well.

Tuesday - Cash at 4nl was a bit of cooler city for me. Couldn't hold/get there in 3/4 big pots and came out 2nd best in alot of other spots. Lowlights being QQ v KJ v 44 aipf. KJ guy 4 bet allin and notes say he does this often and light. K on turn got me. And yet another KJ. This time my JJ 3 betting a UTG min rasie. Flop is KK4. I bet and get called. Turn is a K. River is a blank. He then slow rolls me! Sigh.

MTT's - £2 BH was over quickly. My turned nut straight losing to river FH. Yet again ran deep in free sear FR. Busting in 20th spot (12 paid) in rather grim fashion. I am 10/21 and min rasie 99 UTG. I've already identified who I will call and who I will fold too. Short stack jams 22 and I call. He flops a set. Then next hand, v's same guy. He min rasies, I shove my stack with a good A. He thinks then calls K10. He gets there and gg me. 

Frustrating to be getting so close again, especially in spots where my equity is good. 

But, considering the not so good run at cash tonight its not bad only being less than a BI down. Maximising your wins and minimising your losses is the absolute key to being successful. Or at least to help your BR last. Good points tonight are no tilt and no jumping up levels to 'chase' losses. 

So on reflection I shut the computer down a bit more relaxed than when I started writing this. Which, for me, is the biggest reason to write this diary. To be more disciplined and help get things sorted in my head.
  • edited December 2014
    Tonight was a story of what ifs. 

This afternoon I watched a couple of videos about playing fish at small stakes and took on board a few things. I've made the mistake before of completly changing my method but this time I aim to just make tweaks here and there and aim for gradual improvements.

So, with that in mind, I started off playing 4 tables of 10nl to help gain the 25 PP's needed for todays challenge. I played really well. The only problem was the cards didnt fall my way. I ended up about £6 down after getting up to a BI up. Things started badly when I lost £6 first hand to someone calling down A high (no draw) and rivering the A to beat my over pair. Didnt grumble, played really well and obviously got a BI up but then right at the end my AA lost on the river to QJo who had raised UTG then called my big 3 bet. Called down a J high board then spiked the 3rd J. Then lastish hand, KQ on a K high board. Raised an UTG limper. Got called on 3 sts by K8s who riverd 2 pair. And on another table I 3 bet AK. Got a cold call. Nice dry K high flop and I c-bet. Get called. Q turn. Goes check, check. Blank river so I value bet and get called. Happy as I think Im ahead. He had QQ! Cant believe he just called! 

Im disapointed but not unhappy as I think I played really well. 

Played a few MTTs. £2 BH - Ill state that I played really well throughout tonight in everything. I ran well and managed a 3rd place finish. Was chip leader for a while but then went card dead but kept paitent and picked my spots to get up to 3 handed. Lost a cruel pot when we all got allin. I flopped top 2 with K9 only to lose to shorties KK! Luckily I held against the monster chip leader who had 130k+ to our 30k's! Then I got KJ in v's monster stack 98s. I flopped a pair and up and down straight draw. Only problem was moster stack had flopped straight! Talk about running well, this guy hit everything. So a close one there.

In the two seat FR's I busted early in one losing a race and in second I finished an agonising 4 off the cash. Again losing a race AK v 1010. Another close call.

Then in the iPhone FR I got deep, finsihing 90th for a mighty £1. This time I lost to a very loose peel by Q10. I had AJs on a KQx board with two of my suit. I 3 bet all in and he called with 2nd pair and I missed my outs. That was for a top 5 stack.

Not including my C4P's I managed a £3 profit on the night. Could easily have added another £70+ on that had a few things gone my way. How one or two cards can change things in such a big way!

• edited December 2014
    Today started with an hour of cash this morning. Played OK, ran worse. Just coolers and suck outs really, no big mistakes. Wont bore you with the details but nice to know I didnt make big mistakes, just ran unlucky.

Tonight saw me play MTT's. Six in total. Bricked the two FR's. Again, got it in good but lost out. Played two Pokerstars, cashed in one and lost out to a lol 1 outer! The two Sky BH's saw me run deep in the £2 but no heads and no real spots saw me bust out 1h30 mins in. Think it was A high V K high. 

The £5 BH went the best though. Almost repeated last Saturdays result. Had a few ups and downs early but never lost focus and stayed in. I bobbed as a short to mid stack most of the way through, picking up 3 decent heads. It got to 23 left with me about 6th then ran JJ v QQ to become 22/23. Again, didnt panic and waited for best spots possible and managed to claw my way back to average and again stayed that way until finally busting in 8th. Losing a race with AJ v mid PP. 

Would have been great to get to another final table this week. Anyone reading this will see I do best at MTT's and have been pretty consistent this past month and have a very well. My cash game is average. I still struggle against the very loose players but I think I've identified a leak and aim to learn to impliment its solution over the next few weeks before moving on.

What playing cash this year has helped is me playing deeper stacked so I have done better in early stages of MTT's to give me that stepping stone to deeper runs.
  • edited December 2014
    I am quite amazed today to be over £27 up as I felt I didnt run that well! I DO think I played really well though, my slight adjustment is working so far. Im burning less money OOP and concentrating on giving up the small pots, even ithe ones I think I maybe ahead in, to stop giving myself tough decisions. Especially when multi tabling. 

I played two cash sessions of about 1h30 mins each. Taking about £30 in total.

Played just the two MTT's as in the evening I just didnt feel in the mood after they got started. Was at a nightmare table in the £2BH, just everyone calling everything. Yoyo'd before busting when I lost a race KQ v 88. FR was out via a race also, my AK losing to 44 in a 3 way all in AK v AQ v 44.

Overall, im happy with the way I have played this weelend and look forward to learning more. Just have to be careful not to overload my thoughts too much. I'm going to try and plug the leaks one hole at a time.
  • edited December 2014
    What a disaster that cash session was. Really struggle to run well at 10nl.

I mean, seriously, first hand I flop a set of 10's on a draw heavy board, get called down by 22 and we split pot as board runs to a straight. Hit 2 other sets and lose to running flushes. Make three good reads\calls of allins on flop and they emmidiatly hit there only outs. Get KK allin on flop v 83 (who bluff jammed) and it runs an 8 and a 3. I flop 3 huge draws and brick each one and then right at the end my head goes and I start calling stupid hands so after realising this I quickly stand all tables. Dropped £40.

Regroup and play 4 20nl and make £20 back (should have been more but for a horrible run out with KK v QQ v 99. I felt I missed a river bet but maybe results orientated).

I do better at 20nl than 10nl for some reason. Anyway. Not sure wether to stay at 4nl and 8nl or play 20nl but fewer tables.

• edited December 2014
    Pah! Another not great night at cash. Just cant dodge the manaics. Again getting in good and losing. Add that my good hands not getting paid, especially against the maniacs add to the frustration. I played OK but not as good as I can. 

Bricked the two usual FR's but did do rather well in todays current promotion, the £1000 Iphone FR. Came an agonising 11th. Got lucky in a few spots, got unlucky in a few more. Especially at the end. Played solid and well and got £30. Not bad for nothing. 

So far have cashed in 3 of the FR's they have run for this promotion, think its 3/3 actually. £36 profit so far. 

Think I am definatley only playin four 10nl tables only for a bit, but probably stick to 4nl unless I need to gain a few PP's for any other promotion.

Back where I started for the week which is great considering. Backs up my discipline of not moving up to big levels to chase losses. A leason finally learnt? We will see! 
  • edited December 2014
    Played a bit of cash, nl8, and made a BI. Played OK, maybe missed out in a few spots but lost the least in a couple of hands so kind of balances itself out.

Bricked both FR's again, dispite getting it in good every single time. Things where going very well in the £2BH, took 4 heads and was comfortable when down to 20 but lost it all in three hands. I dont know how these guys do it, but new guy kept shoving and I lost with AK v 33 dispite picking up almost half the deck on the flop as outs. Then obviously with a low stack everyone is desperate to pick your head and got 3 loose calls. One is fine but its really hard to dodge so many hands. 

Dissapointed as I was coasting realy, but I cant pass up on big pots as the win is more important.

Still, I'm at a new high ballance so thats good. Probably wont play tomorrow but it all depends on that days promotion.
  • edited December 2014
    Friday - Finished up on the night but could have been so much better. Played a little cash and ran pretty bad. Did well to only finish about £11 down. Just the usual, no real big mistakes just getting on the wrong end.

MTT's. Well, lets start with £2BH. A quiet start made way for a good middle when I finally hit some hands and took a couple of bounties. Went dead again but managed to steal a few pots and before I knew it it was the final table. I was 3rd until I ran up against the guy that was hitting EVERYTHING! He was also raising a lot. He raised button with A7o, I 3 bet AQ and he jammed. I call but the A7x flop kills me. That would have put me 2nd and with a great chance to go deep at the final table.

The £5 BH went well too, played well and was stealing and picking up pots but then a couple of coolers, QQ v KK and AK v AQ that I lost on river saw me exit in about 12th. 

So two almosts.

Saturday - played a bit of cash in the morning, started horribly. The first 45 mins or so saw me just get coolered or outdrawn aboiut 6 times. Real cruel stuff. But I stuck at it, didnt tilt and play bad hands and was rewarded as I ran well for the last half hour or so. The only difference being my hands held up and actually dodged the 3 and two outers. Managed to finsh almost 2 BI's up.

The night, again cash went ok. Again a few bad spots but won a lot of small/mid pots to add another BI or so.

MTT's - well, run bad is not adequat to describe it. Dumped out in one set v's flopped straight. Another, top two v's turned set. Same scenario for another MTT.  Ran deep in main FR only to get outdrawn in a big pot and then lost with my good A against 10's.

Overall its good to be up, just frustrated not to turn one of those MTT's yesterday into a win.

I really want to up my MTT volume but as I start at 6 by the time 8 comes I lose the motivation and discipline to load up another. I know I need to change this if I want that main event score (a deep run/FT/win as a goal). Its just easier to load up cash games as I know I can stop when ever I want for any reason.

• edited December 2014
    I am feeling pretty sick to the stomach right now. Absoloutley gutted.

It all started by winning a seat in the UKPC FR. I had to finish in top four (instead of top 10) which I did. I then played and ran well in the semi. I usually take the money but the tournaments overlapped. I was chip leader and high for most of the way and then went card dead as bubble approached. Nine seats and £44 for 10th. With 12 left I finally get a hand, AKs, and push. Get snap called by K9s who flops up and down and hits on turn. It happens so many times and to happen here has left me feeling sick. Two off £220!!! Just gutted.

In my other MTT's, I ran horribly in the £5bh, getting sucked out for a bounty with top two to running straight and then getting donked out with AJ v A3. The £2 BH saw me collect 3 heads and playing well untill with AJ I get called by two others after isolating a shortie allin. Flop my A on AQ3 board. Shove and get snapped by Q3o and K10o! Obviously turn is another Q followed by the J. SO get called by Q3o and K10 from a 3 bet and they both get there. How to compound a night.

Cash went OK for a BI or so profit. Only good thing of the day. Broke £900. Could/should have been over £1100! 

Gutted is not the word!
  • edited December 2014
    Still feeling a bit down after last night but put that behind me to play 45 mins of what was supposed to be an hour or so session. Finished early because I was happy with what I had won and felt I may tighten up too much for the remainder so just quit.

Finished 3 BI's up dispite getting off to my usualy bad start, losing a big pot with AK v AQ against a super aggro opponent. Didnt let that get to me at all, just played and actually played really well. Being more brave in calling aggro bets/ 3 bets instead of trying to bet out all my opponents weak hands and concentrating on playing in position. A tactic that won me at least £30 in its own right as I kept in all the worse hands and got paid instead of only keeping in the strong hands.

I did get unlucky in two spots, once my JJ flopping the nuts on a Jx5h6h board in what was a family pot on a table full of calling stations. I decided to just bet out but got all folds! Another was with QQ on a KKQ board, again against 3 super loose players but only got one street of value.

• edited December 2014
    Yet more frustrating bad luck at the FR's today. Was doing well in the 2nd one, 24 left, 16 paid and a guy who I know shoves light did so with K4s. I called QQ, pot was worth 2nd in chips for me and a lock on the seat but obviously the K flopped. Grinded back up to 7 BB's, got it in KQs v 1010. Flopped K, but he hit set on a K109 flop. Bricked my four outs.

Played £2 BH, took 3 heads but lost out in a huge pot when my JJ no good against a very aggressive guys QQ. 

My run good was saved for a brief 40 minute cash session with Miss Fowler on a MC table. Not the best table to be on, with lots of the best aggrerssive players but I like a challenge!  Few hands in I hit quad 9's v Pokey's nut flush, nice to get good feedback on the TV in how I played the hand. Then won another little pot with KK v (was told JJ) when I tried to look bluffy by raising flop all in. Took £20 in the end after I lost out in the FR.

Currently running very deep in a PS's BH tourny. Just made the money and with average stack.
  • edited December 2014
    Bah, made it into top 300/5000 on stars. Lost a flip when got called by a limper with 88. My AQ no good.

As for today, had a deep run in the £2BH. Came 2nd in the end, played well apart from HU. Usually my strength at the end of an MTT. Just got confused by the guy's play, he would often push allin from nowhere.  In the end went with top pair, unfortunatley his was the nut top pair. 

Bricked two FR's, was doing OK in one until that hand, K9s, got me again. My JJ no good this time, aipf.

Played a bit of cash, finished £6 up. Could have been better but got coolered in two consecutive hands. First flopping the flush, thing was villian had flopped nut flush. Then had KQ on a AKAKX board. Villian had quads! At the end did get something back, a nice pot with my own quads. Not sure how didnt get his whole stack as he only called with 99 on a A9xJJ board.

Trying my luck at the £1k FR now while watching my favouraite part of the Apprentice. The interviews!
  • edited December 2014
    Pretty sick beat in the FR. Alliin with PP v's overs. Hit a set. Yes! Villian hits running straight cards. Boooo :(

MTT's where a bust tonight (apart from PS where I final tabled and finshed 6th in a £4 180 SNG). Bobbed about in them all, played OK but just couldnt hold in important spots.

Cash went OK again. Had a winning session every day this week which makes a change. My slight adjustment from last week has paid dividends. My BR is almost at £1000. The highest its ever been is just over that figure. This time I intend to go higher.

Summary, things are going OK. A few holds in the right spots and I could easily have done even better., especially the UKPC Semi!!!! Really pleased with my MTT performances over past six weeks or so. Really made an effort and it has done great. Winning 9/10 and final tabling a few more (over both sites).

Im extatic that my PS account has jumped to above $660 from my initial $70+ since I have put in more volume. I'm finding the Spin and Go's fun and have done well in them. No big jackpot chances, only had 1 25x one (won that, sadly was the $1 spins) but have gone from playing the $1 to $3 with my increased BR. The $5 ones are not beatable at all. Odds of picking up the increased prize pools are just too high.

What the SNG's have done though is vastly improve my 3 handed/HU play. And ive been using that in other aspects too.

As long as I keep playing well, I feel I can take a bad session or too now as the BR dent wil be smaller.
  • edited December 2014
    MTT's where another bust today. Couldn't get anything going at all. Did take 4 bounties in the £5 BH but went out in brutal fashion when I was heading for a bounty and a trebble up with 1010 v A10 and AK. River was the two outer A. That would have put me in top 10. sigh.

Cash went OK, few brutal beats but managed to win a couple of big pots to more than off set those. My laugh of the night came when a guy who judges me as awful yet keeps just getting lucky. He 3x UTG with K10o and I 3 bet AA. Flop is K25r and I bet. He calls. Turn a 10. He raises me and ive already committed my stack so go with it. Brick the river and he slates me in chat. Just laugh it off. I dont do bad for an 'awful' player.

Good news is I have my highest ever BR and it looks awesome to see. Nicely over £1000. Nice prediction Ducky. Although I do have to dodge a bad run before Xmas to make it official. :)
  • edited December 2014
    Another profitable day.

Started off with an hour or so this morning, finishing a BI or so up. I must have had something like 7/8 cash sessions in a row where I have finished up. That, sadly, came to an end tonight but I am actually quite happy to be only £5 or so down. Thought it was a lot more!! I ran horribly and card dead. Had AA cracked by A10o that called down bets with nothing (inc a 8x pre raise after limping) and hit running 10h flush. A few coolers, bad run outs and split pots did for me tonight. Managed to claw it back on two other tables so I will take it as a moral victory. I'm sure before I could easily have donked off 4 BI's or so going mad. 

MTT's - well. Played 3, bust out quickly in two (very quickly in case of £5BH - 2nd hand I 4x UTG with AA and get one caller. I have notes he goes mad with any pair so on a 952r board he donk pot leads so I think, if he has a set then so be it I'm always losing my stack and I know he will call with anything so I just jam. He thinks then calls. His magic cards were...42o! Obviously he rivers 2 pr and i'm out).

In the £2 BH I actually made it to the final table. Roller coaster ride, took a few heads but eventually bust in 5th. My 77 no good against the buttons KK. A player that raised every pot. Usual stuff really. 

Still, really nice to finish the w/e above the grand mark. I looked back over my progress and im stunned to see I have done all this in just under TWO months! This diary has really helped focus my mind and goals.

PS - Hello Gran. Pleasure to play with you and thanks for reading.
  • edited December 2014
    Fuming at the minute so a brief post. Ran horribly in MTT's, just some insane bad luck. Wont bore you all but its been bad one/two outer stuff.

Cash have been running not so great neither. Like tonight, had over 2 BI's profit before 3 bad hits before I left. One was 55 raising, i big 3 bet and get called. 489 flop. He check raises me allin. I snap. 5 turn. Next was a race 1010 v KQ. Then to top it off had AA again, raise a limper who had 84o. 4k8 flop. He donk jams. I call. Obviously brick.

I played well and managed to stay about the same but been brutal. Yesterdays biggest pot was KsJs v As10s on a AQx flop with two spades. I hit J on turn. All money in. Spade river. A few holds over past few days and I would have almost 1100 for sure.

I guess theres another day.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.