You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The road to a Main Event score! Starting BR £252. Now £984 (£1.36k banked)

123457»

Comments

• edited April 2015
    I feel like I don't need to update my diary whenever I read this, what with all the talk of bad backs and borderline tilt at the tables :)

+£418 is a really great month so well played with that.  Out of interest, how many hours do you think you put in to poker every month?

Look forward to seeing this line improve as the diary continues:

ME's: 4 (best 65/597 £22.93)
  • edited April 2015
    Hi Shakin - long time no see. I would still like to know how your doing! Thanks and I play about, lets see, 80-90 hours per month on average. Depends how I feel and how I run! 

Had a lovely day off today to lead into the Easter break (a proper pre-booked one this time!) and its good to be able to walk - almost - properly again after Saturdays shenanigans! 

I played decently today I think, wrote down some rules to follow/remind myself about how I play my hands to try and keep me focused and it worked as a nice visual reminder so I didnt just button click! Always had reasons why i called/bet/raise/folded. The only thing that didnt happen was the run go my way, countless bad runs in important pots through the day, especially when all in and couldn't dodge those 3/2 outers. 

BUT!!! I did not tilt once even though they where frustrating and in big important pots so I'm really pleased there. Wont bore you with details but pretty gross a few times.

Bought in to the ME tonight, lasted 2 1/2 hours with very, very, very little! Had about five hands and two of those where 99 v AA and my exit JJ v KK! Kept missing bounty opportunities when 3 bet out of pot only for the 'what if' top two pair flops but again didnt let that get to me as in the moment it was the best decision. Finished about 80/429. 

Played well, ran bad. Always tomorrow.

ME's: 5 (best 65/597 £22.93)
    Sats: 5 (best 22/110 (seat bubble/£19.40))