You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The road to a Main Event score! Starting BR £252. Now £984 (£1.36k banked)

Comments

• edited February 2015
    So something good did come from playing yesterday on my usual night off. I gained the PPs needed to qualify for the FR's and after running OK in both for a while, I went out in one and kicked on in another. Got a decent lead then kept quiet as I mainly had junk hands but I am content to sit it out and wait for the blinds to really creep up and then put my foot down. It worked all way to last 15 or so then I went super card dead but still comfy. Then lost with 88 v 99 to decimate me to leave me with one and a quarter BB with 10 left. I doubled up and then did so again next hand when low and behold I actually won a race! AJ v 88 iirk. From there I coasted in to take the £48. Met fellow diary mate Sharkinaces when down to 12 and I actually kncocked him out in 8th when I had to call the 1/4BB. I told him he was ahead pre and it proved with 43s v Q5o. The only problem for him was I flopped the straight. I was rooting for you as well!

Played a £5 BH and just couldnt get anything going, treaded water for almost two hours with the junk I had and then ran A10 v JJ (for a decent head) and then went out next hand. 

Played a little cash and managed a £5 profit dispite running KK v AA very first hand! Just had a steady night tonight. The big w/e grind starts tomorrow!

PP477

**EDIT** 

LOL moment. Had to change the word c r i p p l e in my post to decimate as apparently thats a bad word. Come on!! The worlds gone mad!
  • edited February 2015
    Congrats on another £48 bink... not bad for just under 2 hours of play :)

I would just like to confirm your post above, getting it in with 88 is bad for your bankroll!
  • edited February 2015
    Thanks Shakey, and i've noticed. Its funny how these things apear for a while. For me I couldnt stop having sets cracked or running KK into AA etc. At the moment its losing 50/50's. Cant win races very often, its rare I win one at the monent.

Today saw a good BR jump, but mostly due to C4P's payment. I just played cash, apart from the two FR's. Ran deepish in one then lost a big three way allin pot. At the end of the night finished a BI up somehow. Started off really well in first ten minutes then had a few hits and coolers through the night. 

Not had a good night in a while, just been surviving on finishing a BI or two up with the odd reversals. At least my PP's took a good boost. A nice start for the weekend and all on target. Tomorrow is the key, I really hope it goes well. I would like to have around 1300 PP this time tomorrow.

PP 696

On a side note, Rugby League season is here! Cant wait to watch a few games and I hope Hull KR can have a decent season. Been a while since we have but I would settle for some decent rugby for a change. 
  • edited February 2015
    Wow, I wished and I received today. A +£120 day, £133 if you count the two BI's I used for tournaments. This has to be my best ever cash haul over one day. 

After saying just yesterday I have not had a great night in a while it came today. I have to say I played really well throughout today. I knew where I was most of the time in a hand, let go monster hands and value betted thin in all the right spots. The biggest thing though was I had hardly any bad beats all day. When I went in ahead I won. I didnt dish out any of my own so I didnt rely on luck either. 

Its days like this that make me glad I never tilted off money earlier in the week when things where just plodding along and I would lose whatever I had gained through no fault of my own. The attitude of what will be will be, just make the best decisions pays off. Eventually.

As I said, I played two BI MTTs but ran the opposite of cash. Awful. Main event sat and £5 BH and the two FR's. One FR I had bullt up a big stack then lost AA v two rag cards aipf then a hand later lost when I flopped a straight, got it allin, then lost to running cards to make someone a full house.

The only dissapointment was missing out on my prefered PP tally, but 1205 is a good haul. Just need to make up the extra to get my 1500 by tomorrow which is what I aimed for. I made 509 today which is great and im almost a quarter of the way to 5000 anyway so it all stands in good stead to get there. Quality over quantity is a tough ballancing act.

But to reiterate, im over the moon to have had such a great day today at my weakest discipline.

PP1205 
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: The road to a Main Event score! Starting BR £252. Now £1790:
    Wow, I wished and I received today. A +£120 day, £133 if you count the two BI's I used for tournaments. This has to be my best ever cash haul over one day.  After saying just yesterday I have not had a great night in a while it came today. I have to say I played really well throughout today. I knew where I was most of the time in a hand, let go monster hands and value betted thin in all the right spots. The biggest thing though was I had hardly any bad beats all day. When I went in ahead I won. I didnt dish out any of my own so I didnt rely on luck either.  Its days like this that make me glad I never tilted off money earlier in the week when things where just plodding along and I would lose whatever I had gained through no fault of my own. The attitude of what will be will be, just make the best decisions pays off. Eventually. As I said, I played two BI MTTs but ran the opposite of cash. Awful. Main event sat and £5 BH and the two FR's. One FR I had bullt up a big stack then lost AA v two rag cards aipf then a hand later lost when I flopped a straight, got it allin, then lost to running cards to make someone a full house. The only dissapointment was missing out on my prefered PP tally, but 1205 is a good haul. Just need to make up the extra to get my 1500 by tomorrow which is what I aimed for. I made 509 today which is great and im almost a quarter of the way to 5000 anyway so it all stands in good stead to get there. Quality over quantity is a tough ballancing act. But to reiterate, im over the moon to have had such a great day today at my weakest discipline. PP1205 
    Posted by CraigSG1

NICE ONE,

soubds like a good day!!!
  • edited February 2015
    Thanks Chris!

Its been a pleasing day today considering how it started. Dropped two BI's early on through just bad beats, getting it in good and losing. Something that didnt really happen yesterday. Clawed most of it back to end my first session half a BI down. My second went much better dispite again suffering some cruel outdraws. The two 'best' being JJ v A2s. On a 544 board villian min check raise me and I just dont believe him so big 3 bet and he snap calls! A 3 on turn does it for me! Another was A10o limp calling my pre raise and I had 99. Flop was 96x and I lead out and he calls. Not sure why. Turn is a 7 and he calls again. River an 8 obviously. He checks and I check back so at least I got value on every street I was ahead on!

Played decent but maybe paid off a few opponents I shouldnt have but who knows. Its all relative! 

I sais I would be happy with a 2 BI up day at the start and I bettered that so happy! My PP's not quite at my pre weekend target but its near enough and with the super successful weekend I have had I would take that any day!

PP1454
  • edited February 2015
    Yuck! Bit of a horrible running night for me. Dropped over two BI's as I just didnt run well. Ran KK into AA, set lost to a FD allin on flop, top two lost to a gutshot and flopped trips lost to a 2 outer that turned into quads. A few others in the mix and it wasnt a good night. Clawed a BI and half back late on with a straight and a flush but not enough.

Its to be expected it though and im OK, if dissapointed, with it.

Ran vey deep in both FR's but got outdrawn in one and picked the wrong time to bluff a player that was raising every hand in the other. Sometimes they have it!

PP1498

Its not all bad news though, Im off to watch The Walking Dead now! Cant wait!
  • edited February 2015
    Tuesday:

Cant remember much about cash, finished a little up I think. MTT's not much happened apart from the Main Event. I was doing really well and finished agonisinly close to my first ME cash, just four places off, after first getting AK v Ad9d allin pre only to lose to the flopped nuts yet again in this event (last week my exit was the exact same AK v Ad9d to flopped flush). I managed to get back up again and then lost a big pot to a flush (again) and then four places off im in BB with 1010 and button jams A5o. I flop well on J98 but the turn A kills me and no redraw. I felt gutted, not because of the money, but it would have been great to get my ME challenge up and running with a first cash.

Wednesday:

Not much, a little cash at lunch for a couple of quid profit dispite losing a stack to flopped set v's flopped straight.

Today:

Pretty horrible cash session at lucnh losing almost 2 BI's. Just could hardly win any decent pot. Then managed to make a little tonight dispite constantly running into the top of peoples ranges. I was against AA/KK's tons tonight in cash and MTTs.

MTT wise it was a case of running into AA/KK in every all in pot. I was doing ok in the £5 BH but losing with QQ twice in succession to KJo and K10o then having 1010 v JJ and then few hands later running into, yep, AA!

Another big push this weekend at cash. Hope to touch 3000 PPs by Sunday night. Will be tough.

PP1696
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: The road to a Main Event score! Starting BR £252. Now £1805:
    Tuesday: Cant remember much about cash, finished a little up I think. MTT's not much happened apart from the Main Event. I was doing really well and finished agonisinly close to my first ME cash, just four places off, after first getting AK v Ad9d allin pre only to lose to the flopped nuts yet again in this event (last week my exit was the exact same AK v Ad9d to flopped flush). I managed to get back up again and then lost a big pot to a flush (again) and then four places off im in BB with 1010 and button jams A5o. I flop well on J98 but the turn A kills me and no redraw. I felt gutted, not because of the money, but it would have been great to get my ME challenge up and running with a first cash. Wednesday: Not much, a little cash at lunch for a couple of quid profit dispite losing a stack to flopped set v's flopped straight. Today: Pretty horrible cash session at lucnh losing almost 2 BI's. Just could hardly win any decent pot. Then managed to make a little tonight dispite constantly running into the top of peoples ranges. I was against AA/KK's tons tonight in cash and MTTs. MTT wise it was a case of running into AA/KK in every all in pot. I was doing ok in the £5 BH but losing with QQ twice in succession to KJo and K10o then having 1010 v JJ and then few hands later running into, yep, AA! Another big push this weekend at cash. Hope to touch 3000 PPs by Sunday night. Will be tough. PP1696
    Posted by CraigSG1

hope you run a bit better soon, im the same lol

HAD A HORROR SESSION EARLIER :(

but satted the main, only to drop to 700 then ot bakc to 2.2k and got moved table, then i was the shorty, 

got QQ and shove and loved getin called by the exact same KJo.... K on turn so been a horrid one so far.

still in the mini though so fingers crossed
  • edited February 2015
    Still good overall! Got to e happy with progress :)

How many mains you play? Do you buy in direct every night?

Run wel
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: The road to a Main Event score! Starting BR £252. Now £1805:
    Still good overall! Got to e happy with progress :) How many mains you play? Do you buy in direct every night? Run wel
    Posted by Nuggy962
    He should be doing more of this IMO. Not every night, and I know work gets in the way as you've told me, but deffo should be having a bash at more.

The road to a main event score will only start if you get in a car and start driving on it! If you only play the Turbo Tuesday every week, then it's gonna be very hard to get deep ITM runs, due to the lack of volume and the fact its the most high variance main of the week.

Start investing some of these cash profits (of which you seem to have plenty judging on your BR now!) into some main event spins. Choose the BH mains if you want to reduce variance slightly.

Nice hand earlier btw. Probably pwned me.
  • edited February 2015
    Hi ChrisMc

Well done on satting into the ME, I forgot to mention earlier I tried to sat in myself. Was doing great half way through then I made some terrible mistakes. I normally say I bust in races or when ahead, no such excuses this time. I was very comfortable and just made some unforgivable mistakes and it cost me.

Hope things went better in the mini for you. Just try and concentrate on making good decisions. 

Hi Nuggy

Dont get me wrong I am happy with my progress, and it helps that I have this record but we all think of the nearlys more than the things we have done. I have been trying to play 2/3 a week when I can, apart from this month as I am giving this up your game promo a go so need to play a lot of cash to gain points. My focus will change to MTT's, probably next month depending on the promotion. I think this one will be Vegas orientated and I wa over joyed at first that this was back but it falls on my already booked holiday!! Big sigh!! As for buying in direct I am still too nitty (sorry hhy...) so try and sat where possible. But this will change once I push pass 2k.

Now the Hhy....

I agree with you! I 'should' be! I have to get past my BR nittyness and the bigger swings of BR management and I am trying to get there. Im just being careful and trying to keep my confidence up and ability to play 'fearless'. Rest assured I will be upping my MTT volume but as Ive stated above im concentrating on cash this month as I really want to hit 5000PP's. Something I probably wont hit again for a long, long time! And I obviously want to qualify for all three promotion FR's.

As for that hand earlier, mate, I was squeezing with a less than premium hand and not AA/KK like you so wanted me to have! I might be solid, but I do have a few moves! Besides, you could never have been strong there ;)

Next month is looking like the time I will set a MTT challenge as the Vegas promotion will sadly be not for me thanks to my holiday and the fact my GF has threatened to kill me if its cancelled!

Now onto today, its been a frustrating night. I started off with a few bad hits then I had a crazy 10 minute spell where I actually hit a lot of hands and got paid to go from over two BI's down to more than two up. Then I fluctuated up and down, right near the end being almost 4 BI's down for the night to in the end just less than one. So I cant tell wether to be happy im only that much down or very dissapointed im not £30 better off!

The only good thing is I collected almost 400 PP's!

PP2088

***EDIT***

Topped up my session for half hour while I watched a bit of cricket. So glad the world cup is here, NZ for the win for me. Anyway, lost £15 on one table with running flush v's rivered full house. Somehow he had AA and hit running cards himself for a FH including A on the turn that gave me the flush. Managed to make it up and £3 more on the other tables. It was good to close the loss down and increase my PP's! 450 in one night, thats amazing for me! 

How I long for a repeat of last Saturday tomorrow!!! I would settle for half of what I made last week!

PP2146
  • edited February 2015
    Just wanted to share a hand from this morning so far.

Its two edged, one to show a few i'm not such a nit and the other to see if my thinking was correct. Was going to show this hand regardless of result as its my thinking I want to check.

Have played J before and know them to be very aggressive and this was the third time in very few hands they had three bet me. So a standard button raise and then he three bets me again. Most of the time I would just call but I need to add some more hands in that I four bet and I would rather do it with this than say AJ as I have less chance of being dominated and have a few more ways to win the pot so I do four bet. I also want to send a message I'm not easy to push around. Is that amount enough? Its the same I would make with AA/KK for example.

I flop pretty well with a gutshot (although i'm aware it completes AK's gutshot) and a FD. Once he checks I figure I have to bet as I would always bet my AA/KK's on that board. I dont like it when he c/raises me but I cant fold now can I? I dont think I can. Got called a donk for this hand but I think I played it fine. Thoughts?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    cactusjac Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £11.94
    J Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £20.45
      Your hole cards

basty2010 Fold        
    kettle9930 Fold        
    frank3171 Fold        
    CraigSG1 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £16.70
    cactusjac Fold        
    J Raise   £0.85 £1.30 £19.60
    CraigSG1 Raise   £2.70 £4.00 £14.00
    J Call   £2.05 £6.05 £17.55
    Flop

• Q
    • J

J Check        
    CraigSG1 Bet   £3.03 £9.08 £10.97
    J Raise   £9.09 £18.17 £8.46
    CraigSG1 All-in   £10.97 £29.14 £0.00
    J Call   £4.91 £34.05 £3.55
    J Show
    • K
    • Q

CraigSG1 Show

Turn

River

CraigSG1 Win Flush to the Jack £32.65   £32.65
  • edited February 2015
    Oh my.

This has been one of the worst days in a long time. The exact opposite of what I was hoping for. I will admit I didnt play great but I just suffered some constant hits. The so called 'highlights' being J3s calling a big three bet and then called flop of A3x when I had AK only for it to go 33 for quads. This guy called EVERY raise and out flopped me EVERY time. Had numerous others. I came up against sets  14/15 times (cant remember the exact count I came to), each time I had top pair or top two on three occasions. I could go on but I wont. 

It was just awful. Dropped five BI's on the day but seven from my highest total. It sucks even more because I have had so many loose (loose doesnt justify how bad some of the hands ppl have called raises with) calls that you would think your bound to come on top more times than not but all these so called soft loose players kept hitting. Made even worse when you see them donate said chips to the others at the table. I'll dust myself down and go again tomorrow with a fresh mind.

Ive been hovering around £1800 for a while now but it sucks to take a big step back. I'll be glad when this months over with. 

PP2660
  • edited February 2015
    Unlucky there but some great volume going in. Seen you on the tables a bit you seem to get up 70% and run from me haha ;)

Few quid down in one day can seem a lot but you have a great role and as you say, dust off and move onto next day :)
  • edited February 2015
    Sorry Craig, but dropping 5 buy ins in one session is far from a disaster. This is why we have a bankroll, to buffer the immediate losses.

Perhaps you need to acknowledge when you've been running pretty well for an extended period, and accept that variance will give you a kick up the backside occasionally.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: The road to a Main Event score! Starting BR £252. Now £1748:
    Unlucky there but some great volume going in. Seen you on the tables a bit you seem to get up 70% and run from me haha ;) Few quid down in one day can seem a lot but you have a great role and as you say, dust off and move onto next day :)
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Hi, ive done good for volume for me. Really put some time in this month. I usually break it upto in 1-2 hour sessions then take a break. Maybe do some chores or watch something. Thanks for your input.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: The road to a Main Event score! Starting BR £252. Now £1748:
    Sorry Craig, but dropping 5 buy ins in one session is far from a disaster. This is why we have a bankroll, to buffer the immediate losses. Perhaps you need to acknowledge when you've been running pretty well for an extended period, and accept that variance will give you a kick up the backside occasionally.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I get what your saying and I do think that later, just in the moment it does suck. Especially since I used to keep a low BR and take out anything over £100 as it was needed. Ergo it stopped me from playing bigger games like I used to.

Now that my BR is orders of magnitude bigger it is a lot less of a % but I still have that determined and competitive edge to suceed that I hate set backs! I am aware they do happen and your right I should be more blase about it but I guess that will come with time as I get used to bigger monetary swings but less BR % swings!

Thanks.
  • edited February 2015
    So onto today and it was one that had some more serious hits but balanced out near the end with some decent pots and when I finsihed I was amazed to see I had swung a bad day into a good one.

The day started well with a couple of nice pots but then from £15 up I finshed almost £9 down thanks to two quick fire hits. AK v JJ and I flopped the A but he turned a J and having the nut flush beat by 57o which hit a 5 and 7 on turn and river to house up.

The evening saw more bad hits but I became less bothered about what I was losing and just concentrated on what I was doing. Changed 8 10nl tables for 6 20nl ones. After an hour and a half I found I was up a decent amount dispite a few killer hands, once was being set over setted that turned into a FH, AA v K10o against a guy that wouldnt fold. Got it in on flop and he rivered two pair. The highlights being KK v QQ against a guy that liked to over shove all in for £50 pot and a set v's overpair. I did set over set someone but I didnt play it well and thats my fault. Too many negative thoughts because of previous beats. I also made a bad fold for which would have been a big pot because again I was thinking fo past hands! Lesson learnt.

The positive from today was another good PP tally and I now have about as many as Ive ever had before. From here its all new territory! And I have another two weekends to go plus inbetween. What it does mean is I may try and have a few cash nights off and play MTTs. See how I feel as Ive now as good as locked up 5000PP's and my entry into the three big FR's in this months promotion. I hope to god I can at least do OK in one!

1345PP this weekend! Thats something! Just a shame I have a -£33 weekend. But I will end on a positive I am still £180+ on the month and I added almost £30 in rakeback so on balance im only a few quid down. Something to take away. See, I can be positive!

PP3039
  • edited February 2015
    It's hard not to get carried away during the good runs, both in terms of expectation (wanting to always win at that speed) and in terms of how the cards fell for you (good luck in hands).

The (bad luck) times that KK stacks off to AA is obviously easier to remember, but for all the good play it still (in the short term) requires a bit of good luck for the table station to flop bottom pair at the same time you flop top pair and are able to get 3 streets of value / the time you 3 bet light happens to coincide with the original raiser being at the bottom of their range / the times you flop TPTK and would go broke vs a flopped set only for the board to run out 4-to-the-flush and stop the pot from getting too big etc etc

You must be getting these spots of good luck to complement the good play, else the bankroll wouldn't have ballooned as much as it has in the last few months (well played on that BTW :) )

The numbers I crunched for my last post in the Poker Clinic put into persepective just how little we should be expecting to win - 6 tabling 10nl for 4 hours should only be expecting us to see c.£10 profit (5bb/100 hands) - that is seen as a marker of a good player, which I'm guessing you'd be ahead of since starting this thread?

On another note, stop running so good versus me!!
  • edited February 2015
    Hi Shakin,

I know what your saying. It just seems I rarely run well, just win the hands I'm infront with a little more. I dont seem to get times when I hit everything or suck out a lot. Im not sure if thats because of my style of play, im not a big gambler. As for running good, it ebs and flows. You've had best of me a lot too.

I am currently in the midst of a downswing at the moment, cant do much right and either running into the top of peoples ranges or getting a lot of suck outs. Im not moaning, just stating a fact and I'm well aware that these things happen. I'm going to try and use experiance to ride it out. Ive not played much since w/e as obviously when these things happen your hunger for playing wanes. I can afford to do this as I am ahead of my PP's target.

Played some cash and not run well, just as above really. Tried a few MTT's tonight and not much apart from final tabling a £100 speed B/H, finishing fifth with three paid. Took two heads.

Hopefully things can improve this w/e and I can push on towards a good end to the month. I'm still up and on corse so there is that and hopefully by not getting down and coming out the other end I can look back and be glad I didnt tilt off any of my BR.

A few hands to show the type of hits I've been taking, these are a-typical of the bad side of varience I have been on the wrong end of these past few days;
    CraigSG1 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £19.56
    natok11 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £19.80
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

lauren924 Call   £0.20 £0.50 £15.56
    liamboi11 Raise   £0.80 £1.30 £23.19
    CraigSG1 Call   £0.70 £2.00 £18.86
    natok11 Fold        
    lauren924 Call   £0.60 £2.60 £14.96
    Flop

CraigSG1 Check        
    lauren924 Bet   £3.80 £6.40 £11.16
    liamboi11 Call   £3.80 £10.20 £19.39
    CraigSG1 Raise   £8.80 £19.00 £10.06
    lauren924 Call   £5.00 £24.00 £6.16
    liamboi11 Fold        
    Turn

CraigSG1 All-in   £10.06 £34.06 £0.00
    lauren924 All-in   £6.16 £40.22 £0.00
    CraigSG1 Unmatched bet   £3.90 £36.32 £3.90
    CraigSG1 Show
    • J
    • J

lauren924 Show

River

• A

lauren924 Win Straight to the 5 £34.52   £34.52
    CraigSG1 Small blind   10.00 10.00 1980.00
    interuranu Big blind   20.00 30.00 1950.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

bono0006 Call   20.00 50.00 2480.00
    thefinn Fold        
    Joylene Fold        
    ANGEL33 All-in   1970.00 2020.00 0.00
    CraigSG1 All-in   1980.00 4000.00 0.00
    interuranu Fold        
    bono0006 Fold        
    CraigSG1 Unmatched bet   20.00 3980.00 20.00
    CraigSG1 Show
    • J
    • J

ANGEL33 Show

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

• A

ANGEL33 Win Straight to the 5 3980.00   3980.
    This was my final table BH exit. Villian had limp/folded last 4 hands.
    ballboy Small blind   400.00 400.00 8905.00
    pluckyduck Big blind   800.00 1200.00 11205.00
      Your hole cards

Everard007 Call   800.00 2000.00 14815.00
    freaky01 Fold        
    CraigSG1 All-in   6355.00 8355.00 0.00
    ballboy Fold        
    pluckyduck Fold        
    Everard007 Call   5555.00 13910.00 9260.00
    Everard007 Show
    • K
    • J

CraigSG1 Show

Flop

• J
    • J
    • K

Turn

River

• Q

Everard007 Win Full House, Jacks and Kings 13910.00   23170.00

PP3179
  • edited February 2015
    Just on the first para - you always will get WAY more obvious/memorable bad beats against than for at the lower levels because you simply aren't making anywhere near as many mistakes as 90% of the others.

If you change your game and start open shoving T2s for 100bb, limp/call/stack off with a low straight draw, limp/call all in with KJs when playing less than 20bb, then it's fair to see you WILL get more suck-outs go in your favour, quite probably end up with more than go against you, but you DEFINITELY won't see your bankroll continue to grow!!!

Anyway, I feel your pain... I'm like 20+ NL10 BIs down for the last 10 days... let's hope that double points weekend is where the cards turn back in our favour!! :)
  • edited February 2015
    Sarkinaces,

You make an excellent point and its well put too, thanks. Made me think.

As for today its been the same old, not had this many losing sessions in a row for a long time. Confidence sucking. Sets running into better ones, sets not getting paid and then overpairs losing to sets or funky two pairs. Etc, etc, etc...

On the plus side, no tilting! Just sucked it up and continued to try and play the best I can. Made the right calls in some spots, even though I lost, as notes and experiance against certain players knows they have got carried away with a lot worse, just this time they had better.

I actually lost more than I thought, never felt that much and was a bit more gutting I suppose but it is what it is. Not nice to drop almost £100 in a week from my peak but I guess it had to come after three months or so of constant BR increases. I guess its also my first losing week of this challenge, shame its such a big one.

Added 255PP's tonight and Im aiming for around 1000 this weekend so 1/4 of the way there. If things continue through the weekend I may look to take a few days off again.

PP3434
  • edited February 2015
    i don't know weather it will work for yourself, When i was on the bad run, i decided to take some money from my BR, what then happened was I would know my money is safe and then i was feeling far more relaxed with the losses that came and I just played some nl4 where it's easy.

I also spent a couple of days playing nl4 alone as them tables will have very few large stack, so your more than likely shipping you stack anyway and won't need to work out which calling stations raise top pair weak kicker and which only raise the hands that are 2 pair+.

you don't actually have to withdraw your money if you don't want to, you could just go down to nl4 yourself and play some of them stakes where almost every player has got short stacks and will calls rubbish, then once you seem to be back onto winnings again you will be more confident and can return to your main stakes again.
  • edited February 2015
    Hi Craig,

Its not a bad suggestion and something I have done in the past. Just this time I intend to try and ride it out, use it as a way to learn to control tilt and to try and play as good as I can. With double points I need to keep it up as well and as for withdrawing, im very disciplined with my BR (some would say TOO disciplined - tight even - eh, hhy?) so going mental because im comfortable wont happen. Plus I need it as Ive set a BR aim to myself and want to achieve it.

Thanks.
  • edited February 2015
    A much needed up day/confidence boost today. Best part of £60 or 6 BI's up today. Played exactly the same as the past few days just had more go my way. Still had a few key pots go against me, one I will show below that 'almost' got me a £65 pot but for the river that had me share with one guy in a 3 way allin on the flop. Me with the nuts versus an overpair and str draw and nut FD.

Had a decent morning with a BI up, the afternoon say a four BI win and this evening I played for 2 1/2 hours and it was so so boring. Had hardly any hands/situations playing six tables for that long but did manage to squeeze a BI profit.

So pleased to have got through the down patch, so far, but im not taking it for granted. Just going to continue to play my game and see what happens.

452PP's added today so with +255 for yesterday thats a total of 707 so far for the w/e so well on target for 1000 and will hopefully get more. Hope to add 350-400 tomorow and also hope to play well and hopefully make a profit on the day, how ever much it is.

PP3856

An example of the hands/players I cant dodge at the moment;
    WOBLY57 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £17.80
    Lawson1987 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £8.15
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

craigcu12 Fold        
    BYDANDY50 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £16.58
    Jimmy506 All-in   £1.48 £1.73 £0.00
    CraigSG1 Call   £1.48 £3.21 £8.60
    WOBLY57 Fold        
    Lawson1987 Fold        
    BYDANDY50 Call   £1.38 £4.59 £15.20
    Flop

BYDANDY50 Bet   £0.60 £5.19 £14.60
    CraigSG1 Raise   £3.50 £8.69 £5.10
    BYDANDY50 Call   £2.90 £11.59 £11.70
    Turn

BYDANDY50 Check        
    CraigSG1 All-in   £5.10 £16.69 £0.00
    BYDANDY50 Call   £5.10 £21.79 £6.60
    BYDANDY50 Show

Jimmy506 Show

CraigSG1 Show
    • J
    • J

River

BYDANDY50 Win Three 6s £20.39   £26.9
    This guy wouldnt fold any hand, and manages to cream me in style;
    BYDANDY50 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £3.25
    WUBBZY1401 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.32
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

craigcu12 Fold        
    redding11 Raise   £0.20 £0.35 £8.99
    buddhaboi Fold        
    CraigSG1 Raise   £0.75 £1.10 £8.95
    BYDANDY50 Fold        
    WUBBZY1401 Call   £0.65 £1.75 £9.67
    redding11 Fold        
    Flop

• J

WUBBZY1401 Check        
    CraigSG1 Bet   £0.88 £2.63 £8.07
    WUBBZY1401 Call   £0.88 £3.51 £8.79
    Turn

• J

WUBBZY1401 Check        
    CraigSG1 Bet   £1.76 £5.27 £6.31
    WUBBZY1401 Raise   £3.52 £8.79 £5.27
    CraigSG1 Call   £1.76 £10.55 £4.55
    River

WUBBZY1401 All-in   £5.27 £15.82 £0.00
    CraigSG1 All-in   £4.55 £20.37 £0.00
    WUBBZY1401 Unmatched bet   £0.72 £19.65 £0.72
    WUBBZY1401 Show
    • J
    • J

CraigSG1 Show
    • A
    • A

WUBBZY1401 Win Four Jacks £18.25   £18.97
    An example of how it changed today and I got rewarded for playing patiently. This guy played every pot, called every raise and when not doing that just opened jammed pre flop.
    callumlamb Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £10.00
    CraigSG1 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £28.25
      Your hole cards
    • K

WUBBZY1401 Fold        
    iamabluff Fold        
    jimmyjam04 Fold        
    BYDANDY50 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £7.57
    callumlamb Call   £0.05 £0.30 £9.95
    CraigSG1 Check        
    Flop

• K

callumlamb Check        
    CraigSG1 Bet   £0.30 £0.60 £27.95
    BYDANDY50 Fold        
    callumlamb Call   £0.30 £0.90 £9.65
    Turn

callumlamb Check        
    CraigSG1 Bet   £0.90 £1.80 £27.05
    callumlamb Call   £0.90 £2.70 £8.75
    River

callumlamb Check        
    CraigSG1 Bet   £2.70 £5.40 £24.35
    callumlamb Raise   £5.40 £10.80 £3.35
    CraigSG1 All-in   £24.35 £35.15 £0.00
    callumlamb All-in   £3.35 £38.50 £0.00
    CraigSG1 Unmatched bet   £18.30 £20.20 £18.30
    callumlamb Show

CraigSG1 Show
    • K

CraigSG1 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 10s £18.80   £37.10
    And finally, my what if hand. SO, so close to winning my biggest pot of the year but I will still take a profit. Just could have been so much sweeter and garenteed the diamond would have come on river a day or so ago!
    sergio12 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £17.34
    Blix Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £14.49
    showoff1 Sit out        
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • K

Clyde420 Fold        
    CraigSG1 Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £25.25
    JohnChimpo Raise   £0.50 £0.95 £19.05
    sergio12 Call   £0.45 £1.40 £16.89
    Blix Fold        
    CraigSG1 Call   £0.20 £1.60 £25.05
    Flop

• J

sergio12 Check        
    CraigSG1 Check        
    JohnChimpo Bet   £1.60 £3.20 £17.45
    sergio12 Raise   £4.00 £7.20 £12.89
    CraigSG1 All-in   £25.05 £32.25 £0.00
    JohnChimpo All-in   £17.45 £49.70 £0.00
    sergio12 All-in   £12.89 £62.59 £0.00
    CraigSG1 Unmatched bet   £6.00 £56.59 £6.00
    sergio12 Show
    • Q
    • Q

CraigSG1 Show
    • Q
    • K

JohnChimpo Show
    • A

Turn

River

• K

sergio12 Win Straight to the King £25.49   £25.49
    CraigSG1 Win Straight to the King £29.70   £35.70

• edited February 2015
    Back to the reality of the past few days im afraid today. Was involved in a lot of cooler hands for big pots, just breaking even on them would have made for an up day. Instead I have another loss to add, had a few of those lately.

Had JJ v KK on a KJx board, top set Aces lost to flopped 7 high flush after a big 3 bet pre (this guy cold called with 74s!), JJ calling 109o allin and losing to flopped straight, another flopped straight to beat over pair, flopped trips that turned into a flush versus a flopped full house, flush over flush and another set over set. Pretty grim and three of those where for £40+ pots.

Not sure what was happening with double points as I played for quite a while and didnt make that many PPs, less than 200 for nearly four hours play which seems to me the same as normal! And as you can see it wasnt as if I was involved in small pots.

Doesnt look like I will gain anything more than 5000 PPs and will need one final push to get there. I should be able to get around 700 on Friday/Saturday so that leaves 250+ in the week. 

PP4042
  • edited February 2015
    I would like to know what I have done lately to anger the poker gods. Just on a hugely frustrating run of bad beats/bad luck. Played a short lunch session and just couldnt dodge anything.
    SugarP48 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £5.78
    tiger1212 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £14.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

CraigSG1 Raise   £0.40 £0.55 £12.57
    coup4m4 Call   £0.40 £0.95 £8.97
    denners412 Raise   £1.20 £2.15 £5.61
    SugarP48 Fold        
    tiger1212 Fold        
    CraigSG1 Raise   £1.60 £3.75 £10.97
    coup4m4 Fold        
    denners412 Raise   £2.40 £6.15 £3.21
    CraigSG1 All-in   £10.97 £17.12 £0.00
    denners412 All-in   £3.21 £20.33 £0.00
    CraigSG1 Unmatched bet   £6.16 £14.17 £6.16
    CraigSG1 Show
    • A
    • A

denners412 Show

Flop

• J

Turn

River

denners412 Win Full House, 5s and 6s £13.10   £13.10
    Add to that maniacs shoving with A high when I flop top pair and hitting the A on the river, I flopped two sets only to lose to a four flush twice. 47s jamming and my 1010 losing to flopped straight and a few others.

Been a week of this now, baring one day, and im not sure what ive done.

• edited February 2015
    Same story, not sure if people have been paid early but there are a lot of unknown gamblers on the tables of late and I am not doing great against them. The lowlight being losing a stack versus a guy shoving allin on a draw and he had done this so many times just open shoving that I had to call with top pair but I cant fade draws at all lately. Cant hit them either so not a great combination.

Plenty of other things not going my way. Ive had to fold some big hands too like top set twice and over pairs to horrible run outs. An example below.
    Eagleforce Sit out        
    CraigSG1 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £21.03
    Curt360x27 Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £32.63
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

Sad123 Call   £0.20 £0.50 £21.06
    supercrazy Fold        
    1jaxonray1 Raise   £0.80 £1.30 £9.66
    CraigSG1 Call   £0.70 £2.00 £20.33
    Curt360x27 Fold        
    Sad123 Call   £0.60 £2.60 £20.46
    Flop

CraigSG1 Check        
    Sad123 Check        
    1jaxonray1 Check        
    Turn

• J

CraigSG1 Bet   £1.30 £3.90 £19.03
    Sad123 Call   £1.30 £5.20 £19.16
    1jaxonray1 Fold        
    River

CraigSG1 Bet   £2.60 £7.80 £16.43
    Sad123 All-in   £19.16 £26.96 £0.00
    CraigSG1 Fold        
    Sad123 Muck        
    Sad123 Win   £9.88   £9.88
    Sad123 Return   £16.56 £0.52 £26.44
    Hope it turns around soon, cant wait for this month to be over.

PP4134
  • edited February 2015
    Bad luck Craig, hope it turns around soon x